Game Update - 4/25/2017 Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    The event notes don't mention it but R2D2's uniques both have pretty good updates on their level 8 ability upgrade,

Combat analysis gives characters a cleanse whenever they crit and number crunch gives 10% of R2d2's Health, protection, potency, and offense to all rebel, republic, droid, and resistance allies
  • Options
    Snow in his current state would mean 87.5% tm gain to imperial troopers on every kill. Awesome
  • Options
    I was really hoping that the empire would really get something good. Now we have a veers with another empire lead. The empire needs real synergy not this lack luster pass over one toon. Trooper stuff would have to be mind blowing. Instead, r2 d2. Yay I guess. He just seems like a giant help to a maul team as opposed to anything else. No cleanser which empire is desperate for, no real buff removal. Was so excited for this now I just feel like empire is a wasted faction.
  • Options
    1250 mk3 carbantis and 1400 stun gun salvage for r2. tumblr_lci86kVPb71qc6kz5.gif?w=480&h=480&fit=clip
  • Options
    Plus there's still room for a tarkin zeta lead to create a massive boost to speed. I like the way this is heading
  • Options
    Very disappointed by the update. Veers reworked, but no trooper reworks? Tag not coming until May? Why even release Veers then?

Nute changed? Good god, why? If you're going to change him, at least do a real rework. He is still so terrible.

No news about anything new? It's been 6 months since the last *real* update. We're all tired of HAAT, and Rancor was a year ago. You guys don't release new content often enough. New content every 6 months is not acceptable. And April was 6 months..... so now we're on an even longer release schedule.

Super disappointed. Expected more from the devs.
  • Options
    Nihilus, Sith trooper and assassin. Hk 47. It's a good start.

We need revan and he needs HK synergy. And canderous Ordo should have a godlike mandalorian leader ability
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    I was hoping for something greater, idk... But that's ok i guess... R2 is a beast, i hope i can at least get him 3-4 stars and test it out...
  • Options
    putz1337 wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Was so excited for update...now so dissapointed.
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    Excited to severely disappointed. Well at least R2 has Droid synergy.

Whats wrong with it? just curious

Veers is Phoenix Squadron all over again. 2 weeks of DT and DK in the shard shop, K2SO was there for a looooong time.

I'm still not sure what you mean. He's the daily login and farmable in 3(?) hard nodes.

You need a whole squad of troopers for Veers to be usable. So they want you to gear up 5 toons, most who were obsolete for the longest time. Plus, you have to wait to even use him. You also have to wait for rework on the other toons to use him. If you spent gear and materials following the clues, you still don't get squat with him. Just my initial interpretation, but I feel the ball was dropped for the empires second pass. *slow claps at CG/EA*

I agree. What kind of pass for empire is this. Trooper new faction might be ok, but empire got shafted again.
  • Options
    Minowara wrote: »
    Very disappointed by the update. Veers reworked, but no trooper reworks? Tag not coming until May? Why even release Veers then?

Nute changed? Good god, why? If you're going to change him, at least do a real rework. He is still so terrible.

No news about anything new? It's been 6 months since the last *real* update. We're all tired of HAAT, and Rancor was a year ago. You guys don't release new content often enough. New content every 6 months is not acceptable. And April was 6 months..... so now we're on an even longer release schedule.

Super disappointed. Expected more from the devs.

Well technically.... Veers is mays login character.

So a trooper update being in may isnt that bad
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    From the Empire thread,
    Aero wrote: »
    General Veers rework:

What's the point of updating Veers now but not the new Imperial Trooper tag he supports until next week? I don't get it.

New basic: decent, not thrilling. Speed up still just doesn't seem exciting.
    New special: Cool to see him calling all troopers to assist, but 55% chance ability block is very low.
    New unique and zeta: Very good, I'm a fan. Even
    New leader: Seems pretty bad. Only +20 speed and not +30 like other speed leaders is odd. The troopers aren't very fast to begin with so why not 10 more? Also 10% turn meter when gaining a buff, which troopers even give buffs? Just Veers basic, Stormtrooper taunt (which will need a ton of work), and Shoretrooper taunt. For so few buffs I'm surprised it's so low at only 10%.

I already applied the zeta and I'm going to try to run this team regardless, but this seems like a very weak rework. At least until we see the rest of the troopers.

The troopers are going to have to be amazing, because this rework is pretty weak on Veers so far.
  • CUFCfan616
    279 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hopefully the troopers (storm and snow in particular) also get a couple of upgraded abilities as well, but keen to see what change this makes. I don't think it's enough to beat chaze & wiggs teams though as they still have stupid synergy in comparison
  • Options
    The worst part is empire is still all leaders no back up.
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Iconic Character <3

Locked behind Empire :s

Whales rule :(

F2P suffer >:)

I must say very unhappy that you picked the very group of characters that most won't have to release a beloved character.

The rest of us will have until AUGUST??? to hope to get close.

Rant End
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the R2 event is gonna be structured like the EP and yoda event? Essentially meaning we'd need 5 7* empire characters? Cause if so I better start farming cause I only got 3.
  • CUFCfan616
    279 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Seltgar wrote: »
    Was so excited for update...now so dissapointed.
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    Excited to severely disappointed. Well at least R2 has Droid synergy.

Whats wrong with it? just curious

Veers is Phoenix Squadron all over again. 2 weeks of DT and DK in the shard shop, K2SO was there for a looooong time.

I'm still not sure what you mean. He's the daily login and farmable in 3(?) hard nodes.

You need a whole squad of troopers for Veers to be usable. So they want you to gear up 5 toons, most who were obsolete for the longest time. Plus, you have to wait to even use him. You also have to wait for rework on the other toons to use him. If you spent gear and materials following the clues, you still don't get squat with him. Just my initial interpretation, but I feel the ball was dropped for the empires second pass. *slow claps at CG/EA*

I agree. What kind of pass for empire is this. Trooper new faction might be ok, but empire got shafted again.

It's not really an empire pass at all. As you've said it's basically a new faction rather than a rework of the Empire faction which was what a lot of people wanted. Unless the troopers also get a big boost to everything as currently they're all useless and hit like a wet fish, this is just another case of the developers not paying attention and probably gearing up for another few new rebel toons to sell at a premium. Just knowing which toons will be under the Imperial Trooper faction would be useful, but communication isn't a strong point in here
  • Options
    Iconic Character <3

I must say very unhappy that you picked the very group of characters that most won't have to release a beloved character.

Rant End

A more important question is if this event has been put into the Yoda, Emperor rotation.

Or if its like the old Emperor/Yoda rotation where we have no idea when it will come back
  • Options
    Iconic Character <3

Rant End

More like the characters everyone has.
  • MadMalgusReturns
    670 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Iconic Character <3

Rant End
    Um no. Every empire toon with the exception of the newly released Gar and Imperial Thuper Commando are farmable and most have been for a long time.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    R2-D2 is OP.

Since it's never too early to get a nerf-wagon rolling...

Plz nerf him. :)
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Iconic Character <3

Rant End

I noticed when I looked at the event in game it says "EXTREMELY rare event" . Seems like maybe it won't be coming around in a few months either. This is a straight shaft for newer players. No newer players would be farming empire characters since their are so many more other factions with viable characters more then empire. And I'm not even f2p, more like a dolphin, but even being a dolphin isn't good enough for the new player unless it's just someone who loved empire characters even though the game viability of them wasn't there and farmed them anyway, or kept getting them in packs.

Sigh. . . .

At least I'll have a crack at the emperor.

Short time players in general get the shaft, whether spenders or not.
  • Jacman11
    29 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Uhh.. you guys don't know Star Wars lore lol. The galactic republic IS the old republic.

The only reason you distinguish using "old" republic is to separate the old from the new republic.
    Old republic ---> Empire---->New republic.

That was original cannon, it's now legends.

Even in new Disney cannon the First Order destroyed the "republic" planets, making the old republic the one before the empire, which includes every time period from darth nihlus time to the clone wars
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    If Palpatine is any indication R2 won't come back again for another 6 months, so you all will have plenty of time to farm up your Empire squad :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    As for new players getting the shaft... that is ridiculous. Many of us older players went through the same thing with Palpatine. Just the way it is. I wasn't able to get him the first time and had to wait 6 months. When the time came I was definitely ready.

I am intrigued with the Veers reworks and the idea of Troopers being a viable squad. Willing to wait and thinking it is kind of nice they chose to take a different angle with him.
  • Options
    You can tell by reading the Comments who actually read the update and who "skimmed through" it. It's funny & annoying at the same time.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Jacman11 wrote: »
    Uhh.. you guys don't know Star Wars lore lol. The galactic republic IS the old republic.

The only reason you distinguish using "old" republic is to separate the old from the new republic.
    Old republic ---> Empire---->New republic.

That was original cannon, it's now legends.

Even in new Disney cannon the First Order destroyed the "republic" planets, making the old republic the one before the empire, which includes every time period from darth nihlus time to the clone wars

But wasn't the New Republic wiped out with the rest of the canon after Disney?

New Republic was used again in the aftermath series.
  • Options
    Doesn't R2's kit make rebels much more dangerous again? Just wondering
  • Options
    Doesn't R2's kit make rebels much more dangerous again? Just wondering

More like droids
    #droidsareback
  • Options
    AKHatbloke wrote: »
    I'm really glad that they finally added r2 don't get me wrong but it's really hard to build empire on such short notice

Does anybody know how I should build for free?

TFP cantina node, Vader Fleet store, Palp from his event, Tarkin from Squad store, Stormtrooper from Cantina Store, Magmatroopee from GW store, Snowtrooper Guild store all best for short notice farming...
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Sooooooo disapointed with the bad Veers rework!!

What happened to him?!? We saw some cool reworks before like anakin and boba, but adding +20 speed to all slow troopers is almost a joke! With the current speedy meta this won't help at all.

Unless some massive buff is coming to all troopers, it's by far the weakest rework we saw.

Regreat so much to push him to g11 waiting for some huge overhaul.

And why not full empire sinergy?!?
This discussion has been closed.