Game Update - 4/25/2017 Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    If Palpatine is any indication R2 won't come back again for another 6 months, so you all will have plenty of time to farm up your Empire squad :smile:

Not the greatest business motto though, to put things behind massive pay walls to new players who will be spending in the future. Thats the whole thing im not understanding. I guess if the base of spenders they have are originals, then its not such a big deal. But if they are relying on players spending who are relatively new to the game to get a 5 star unlock, I don't think that revenue is going to be there.

Think about it, as a newer player, why would one farm magma when so many other good players in gw shop? Why would one be farming snow, when same thing? Why would one even be farming tark with all of the other choices available unless of course you were using his fleet? Why would anyone be farming any empire characters other then tie or royal guard? And vader by default? That's what my point is about a wall to new players in general.

We apparently should have been farming non viable characters compared to others, and did horribly in arena and elsewhere, or loved empire anyway, or were just not understanding game mechanics.

Somewhere out there is some noob with seven star storm and veers because they just like them and dont care about arena rank, and good for them! For that one im happy.

For the rest of us, massive paywalls, to massive for even moderate spenders.
  • Options
    Awesome

who will be imperial trooper

sith trooper?

royal guard? how are you guys chosing them? based on what

since GENERAL veeres is imperial trooper will tarkin and vader be troopers aswell since they have a similar rank?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Awesome

who will be imperial trooper

sith trooper?

royal guard? how are you guys chosing them? based on what

since GENERAL veeres is imperial trooper will tarkin and vader be troopers aswell since they have a similar rank?

General Veers is a general and lead ground troops, it makes enough sense. Tarkin was a Moff and an Admiral, that'd make no sense.
  • Options
    Jcc807 wrote: »
    As for new players getting the shaft... that is ridiculous. Many of us older players went through the same thing with Palpatine. Just the way it is. I wasn't able to get him the first time and had to wait 6 months. When the time came I was definitely ready.

I am intrigued with the Veers reworks and the idea of Troopers being a viable squad. Willing to wait and thinking it is kind of nice they chose to take a different angle with him.

Really now? I am viewing these releases as a business model. Just because they screwed up in the past with an emperor release and it affected you doesnt mean that things shouldn't be different going forward. . . It is a video game, whether new old or inbetween, having a business model that incorporates everyone is what makes the most money.

Newer players definately feel shafted, didn't you at the empires demise the first time around?

Generally feeling shafted players, are not spending money.
  • Options
    I would think most players who have been playing for any amount of time should have 3-4 decent empire teams, ie EP, Vader, Tarkin (for ships) etc. Finally some recognition for dark side teams, I'm looking at you Rebels and Jedis required to get EP, Yoda, Baze, Shoretrooper and Krennic. Smallest violin playing for those players with no empire toons.
  • Options
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    If Palpatine is any indication R2 won't come back again for another 6 months, so you all will have plenty of time to farm up your Empire squad :smile:

Not the greatest business motto though, to put things behind massive pay walls to new players who will be spending in the future. Thats the whole thing im not understanding. I guess if the base of spenders they have are originals, then its not such a big deal. But if they are relying on players spending who are relatively new to the game to get a 5 star unlock, I don't think that revenue is going to be there.

Think about it, as a newer player, why would one farm magma when so many other good players in gw shop? Why would one be farming snow, when same thing? Why would one even be farming tark with all of the other choices available unless of course you were using his fleet? Why would anyone be farming any empire characters other then tie or royal guard? And vader by default? That's what my point is about a wall to new players in general.

We apparently should have been farming non viable characters compared to others, and did horribly in arena and elsewhere, or loved empire anyway, or were just not understanding game mechanics.

Somewhere out there is some noob with seven star storm and veers because they just like them and dont care about arena rank, and good for them! For that one im happy.

Vader, Palp, TFP, RG, and any other. Many have them. Again older players went through the exact same thing. Yes some complained, but most of us just made sure we were ready when Palp came around 6 months later. Not everything needs to be immediate. Those who got Palp right away got something special for 6 months. No hate for them, but was happy when the flood gates opened.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    As for new players getting the shaft... that is ridiculous. Many of us older players went through the same thing with Palpatine. Just the way it is. I wasn't able to get him the first time and had to wait 6 months. When the time came I was definitely ready.

I am intrigued with the Veers reworks and the idea of Troopers being a viable squad. Willing to wait and thinking it is kind of nice they chose to take a different angle with him.

Really now? I am viewing these releases as a business model. Just because they screwed up in the past with an emperor release and it affected you doesnt mean that things shouldn't be different going forward. . . It is a video game, whether new old or inbetween, having a business model that incorporates everyone is what makes the most money.

Newer players definately feel shafted, didn't you at the empires demise the first time around?

This is absurd. No matter what faction they picked, there would be new players who aren't ready. Empire is a pretty big faction at the moment, about the same size as the Jedi when Yoda first came around (and there were premium Jedi back then).
  • Options

Vader, Palp, TFP, RG, and any other. Many have them. Again older players went through the exact same thing. Yes some complained, but most of us just made sure we were ready when Palp came around 6 months later. Not everything needs to be immediate. Those who got Palp right away got something special for 6 months. No hate for them, but was happy when the flood gates opened.

Read my comment above to you, im not looking at this with some kind of gamers pride. . . .
    Im looking at it at what would not alienate any kind of paying crowd, and this event did exactly that.

Not smart.
  • Options
    The Veers tease was the headline I'd bet - still room for other Troopers / Empire to get an update. I'd be surprised if they left all the old troopers in such a terrible state. Let's just see what's the deal.

Loving R2 actually being in the game. WOW!!!
  • Options
    How are people disappointed with this?

- R2 can be a game changer for Arena

- Veers bringing back old Troopers as well as
    synergising with the new ones

- Republic is now an actual faction

- Droids may make a comeback (somewhat)

- Event improvements that got outdated

The only thing being disappointing is how quickly theyre going through shard shop rotation and putting two new farmable in the same area but besides that this is all awesome.

Some people complaining about how Nute needs a complete rework, its probably just a quick fix they'll probably sort it when they introduce a real seperatist synergy... They can't work on every faction at once, give it time!
  • Jcc807
    37 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

No I did not feel shafted. I could have been prepared, but I wasn't. I am not a dolphin or whale. I am prepared now.

I do not play a business model. I play a game. Obviously they are not suffering business wise. But at the end I have to choose: do I enjoy the game or not? I do. I also enjoy that I have to work to get some things in game.

• Options
    Aero wrote: »

This is absurd. No matter what faction they picked, there would be new players who aren't ready. Empire is a pretty big faction at the moment, about the same size as the Jedi when Yoda first came around (and there were premium Jedi back then).

To his defense.

Empire.
    - Emperor.... restricted to a Rebeled needed event
    - Darth Vader restricted to accomplishments and rare fleet spots.
    - Gar Saxxon new and not farmable
    - Imperial Super commando new and not farmable
    - death trooper, Barely farmable
    - krennic barely farmable.

There goes Six of that fraction right off the bat.
    -
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    Options
    Now my question is will the new R2D2 event require 5 7* Empire characters? similar to how the K2SO event and Emperor and Yoda events did.
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Doesn't R2's kit make rebels much more dangerous again? Just wondering

More like droids
    #droidsareback

Combat Analysis 8: While R2 is active, whenever a light side ally scores a critical hit, dispel all debuffs on them.

I can see Wiggs teams having a field day with this
  • Options

Nah that's how you keep players - you need to give them something to chase and work toward. If you gave everyone everything in the first 90 days of the game people would quit from boredom. Also, cool stuff should be earned with a bit of work - much more gratifying that way. If it were easy it wouldn't be special.
  • Options
    I would think most players who have been playing for any amount of time should have 3-4 decent empire teams, ie EP, Vader, Tarkin (for ships) etc. Finally some recognition for dark side teams, I'm looking at you Rebels and Jedis required to get EP, Yoda, Baze, Shoretrooper and Krennic. Smallest violin playing for those players with no empire toons.

I agree with this on the veteran players - even low spend / F2P will likely have RG / TFP / DV and EP at some decent star level to participate. Just need a 5th in there - Tarkin likely was farmed for ships I'd think.
  • Options
    Iconic Character <3

Locked behind Empire :s

Whales rule :(

F2P suffer >:)

I must say very unhappy that you picked the very group of characters that most won't have to release a beloved character.

The rest of us will have until AUGUST??? to hope to get close.

Rant End
    Um no. Every empire toon with the exception of the newly released Gar and Imperial Thuper Commando are farmable and most have been for a long time.

That
  • Options
    Not everyone got Yoda or Palpatine the first time they were around either. Farm some Empire and get R2 next time if you really want him.

Also everyone bemoaning the Veers rework, wait and see if the reworked troopers are any good.

The Nute change was probably due to OP synergies with R2.

I am a bit disappointed that R2's debuff clear doesn't work on most droids
  • Options

More like droids
    #droidsareback

Combat Analysis 8: While R2 is active, whenever a light side ally scores a critical hit, dispel all debuffs on them.

Yep. Droids once again shafted.
  • Options

No I did not feel shafted. I could have been prepared, but I wasn't. I am not a dolphin or whale. I am prepared now.

I do not play a business model. I play a game. Obviously they are not suffering business wise. But at the end I have to choose: do I enjoy the game or not? I do. I also enjoy that I have to work to get some things in game.

I'm glad that is how you feel. Clearly others do not have those same feelings. As someone who spends money on the game as a new player, I most certainly could spend to play in this event, not really that far off from having a full team of five star empire honestly. And certainly whatever pack they put out I could get there without spending probably that much, but its the principle to me. If you have a group of toons which are not very good in the game, most empire toons, and you release an event like this having to use those toons, then its not the player who is actually at fault for not farming those toons to begin with.

So now you add to it by penalizing those players into having to buy to get what they don't already have, simply because those characters are not viable to begin with.

See what i mean? It is why i will not as a spender, pay a dime for this. They alienated a group of people, that apparently because of your past, just also want others to not get things like you did.

I'm all for everyone being happy, that is not happening with this event for new players.
  • Jcc807
    37 posts Member
    Options

Nah that's how you keep players - you need to give them something to chase and work toward. If you gave everyone everything in the first 90 days of the game people would quit from boredom. Also, cool stuff should be earned with a bit of work - much more gratifying that way. If it were easy it wouldn't be special.

Absolutely. I was so happy when I finally got Palp. My patience and work had paid off.
  • Options

More like droids
    #droidsareback

Hopefully the update it to light side + droids
  • Options
    One the bright side I have yet another mountain of characters to climb. Nice.
  • Options
    stumpoman wrote: »

More like droids
    #droidsareback

Hopefully the update it to light side + droids

Nope. Cg hates the Droid faction apparently.
  • Options

More like droids
    #droidsareback

His unique will still push a lot of stats and buffs out to droid allies. The evasion down and accuracy increase should also help them vs. evasion leads, which has always been a weakness for droids.
  • Options
    With the exception of newer players, if you haven't farmed an Empire team it's on you.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Options

More like droids
    #droidsareback

His unique will still push a lot of stats and buffs out to droid allies. The evasion down and accuracy increase should also help them vs. evasion leads, which has always been a weakness for droids.

Yes but the main thing a Droid squad needed was a cleanser. This is just a slap in the face from cg. Also I could see this bringing back the wiggs meta. A double f up.
  • Options

More like droids
    #droidsareback

Yes but the main thing a Droid squad needed was a cleanser. This is just a slap in the face from cg. Also I could see this bringing back the wiggs meta. A double f up.

Put him in your Res team - maybe he helps a lot vs. zDM there. Possibly.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    People are complaining about the veers rework but 1) we still haven't seen what they're doing with other troopers 2) idk why y'all were expecting a new meta, garbage toons are being turned into good ones which is fine with me 3) empire toons are easily farmable (and most people have plenty) so getting r2 wont be that difficult
  • Darksaber98
    427 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    how long does the event run
    will it overlap with the ep event cause i have ep at 6* and 4 other 7* empire toons
    so far the r2 and ep events have a 7 day gap between start times
    will the r2 event run long enough to get 7* ep
This discussion has been closed.