Game Update - 4/25/2017 Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Wow, Veers' rework is terrible. Redo it and resubmit in 3 weeks! Do better.
  • Options
    I expect Imperial Troopers will get a synergy then include a seperate group for Inferno Squad later this year
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Doesn't R2's kit make rebels much more dangerous again? Just wondering

More like droids
    #droidsareback

Combat Analysis 8: While R2 is active, whenever a light side ally scores a critical hit, dispel all debuffs on them.

I can see Wiggs teams having a field day with this

Yep. Droids once again shafted.

His unique will still push a lot of stats and buffs out to droid allies. The evasion down and accuracy increase should also help them vs. evasion leads, which has always been a weakness for droids.

Yes but the main thing a Droid squad needed was a cleanser. This is just a slap in the face from cg. Also I could see this bringing back the wiggs meta. A double f up.

it will aid wiggs
  • Options

More like droids
    #droidsareback

Combat Analysis 8: While R2 is active, whenever a light side ally scores a critical hit, dispel all debuffs on them.

His unique will still push a lot of stats and buffs out to droid allies. The evasion down and accuracy increase should also help them vs. evasion leads, which has always been a weakness for droids.

Yes but the main thing a Droid squad needed was a cleanser. This is just a slap in the face from cg. Also I could see this bringing back the wiggs meta. A double f up.

it will aid wiggs

Exactly my point...?
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    1250 mk3 carbantis and 1400 stun gun salvage for r2. tumblr_lci86kVPb71qc6kz5.gif?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

where the heck are you getting those numbers?

It was a joke. But he really does need 200 stun guns

i assumed as much since i can easily go to swgoh.gg and see what he needs, just wondering where he got numbers from if he thought it was real or he just messed up
  • Options

More like droids
    #droidsareback

it will aid wiggs

Exactly my point...?

I would expect Wiggs + R2 + Chaze to be the de facto team people will try using first since many players who have been around long enough to have a stable of good empire toons should have the rebel ones in hand too.
  • Options
    How long will this event run?
  • Options
    Its just like palp and yoda event? gonna need 5 empire to get him at least 5 star?
    For how long the r2d2 event will be avaliable?
  • Options
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    For a newer player in this game, r2 is basically inaccessible unless you open your wallet. I have opened mine for other things, but this rush is a bit too much for me. Empire characters are not easy to farm, and why would we considering the viability of the characters prior to this?

Maybe for those who have been around awhile this is the gift, but i fail to see many newer players shelling out hundreds to get it.

:( sad but oh well.

This is just like the first time both yoda and especially palp was announced. A lot, I mean a lot of people missed the first palp drop cause rebels were not viable at the time.
  • Options
    I would think most players who have been playing for any amount of time should have 3-4 decent empire teams, ie EP, Vader, Tarkin (for ships) etc. Finally some recognition for dark side teams, I'm looking at you Rebels and Jedis required to get EP, Yoda, Baze, Shoretrooper and Krennic. Smallest violin playing for those players with no empire toons.

This! Since we all went for different paths to unlock iconic figures and "lost track" to our real goal!! For yoda we needed 5 jedis to farm. From the beginning I was looking for dark side arena squads. However I really wanted to have yoda into my own collection and I stopped with my farming goal for quite some time, because it was a rare event at that time. Same goes for Palp with rebels, which was super rare in the past.
    5 rebels, 5 jedis. Whats the difference with r2d2? Now farm 5 7* empire toons. Don't expect to have everything handed to you on a Silver platter!! Finally some recognition who went to Empire squad. Violin playing continues.
  • Options

i would like to know this as well.

-=| Phloydius |=-

Looking for a Good Family Friendly Guild? We have over 40 members, Do Heroic Rancor Raids, have several 80-85 Players - but accept new players who are active & friendly. We love to help each other & grow as a team. Interested? Send Me a PM, or if you currently have no guild just send me an ally request, and I'll accept and invite you to the guild.

Ally Code: 653-141-869
    Guild: Boyos
    My Facebook Profile
  • Tkoch94
    147 posts Member
    Options
    As someone who has played the game since January 2016, please understand most of us who have been playing for so long don't hate you or are happy you can't unlock him because we simply had to "go through the same thing". Most of us have empathy, as we have been in your position. It really does suck. Just try and look at it as an opportunity to better yourself. If you don't already have yoda and/or palp, you now have 3 factions to farm in order to get these legendary event characters. It's gonna take some time to get there, especially if f2p. But working on these factions will help in all area of the game, and that's what it's all about. Just keep pushing yourselves and you'll get there. I once felt how most of you did I'm sure. When Rancor came out, my roster was miserable. It's taken a long time and it came with a lot of frustration, but I now am much less bad at the game. Keep at it padawans :wink:
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Good update. Veers rework is enough. His Ruthless Assault is a kind of Cody's 212th Attack. His special with good assists can apply Ability Block, Daze, CC down, Offense Down in a turn, so not bad.

I like R2 as he is even if I couldn't have it 7* due to some missing Vader's shards.
    R2 will be good in several configurations, with droids, jedis, clones.
    I think he can fit in :
    - a zQGJ team with his dispell against B2 and heavy debuff teams.
    - a droid with IG-88's lead for the DoTs providing by 88's lead and Burning.
    - as a fifth in a full clone instead of SCP1.

Good for anti-zMaul maybe.
  • jarael
    107 posts Member
    Options
    this looks so good!
  • Tigzie
    579 posts Member
    Options
    Happy as anything after finding out there's a Yoda style event

BUUUUUT then disappointed as anything with the garbage toon that's there.
  • Options
    I really like that R2-D2 is coming to the game, but I'm a bit angry that I won't be able to get him
    I've been working on building a Rebel squad to get Emperor Palpatine, and I don't have time and/or resources to level up Empire characters for the R2 event and that sucks.
    I wish you had given us a bit more of time to gather resources and I hope at least you tell us if and when this event will be available again so I can prepare for it
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options

Yup. Need to know. If it's a week, I can 7* tarkin with arena alone. If it's shorter I need to supplement from fleet.
    518 posts Member
    Options
    I will be honest, this is good work. But I'll be lying if I would say this is something truly good.

I love everything you've done so far, but you're speeding infos each 2 weeks, with small things, while other factions had a Pass complete and clear. I look like a draft.

I was hoping to see a Tarkin rework as well, this guy is clearly outdated for an Empire chars, it seems you don't consider it the same way a lot of people do. Well, let see how it goes with our friend Veers !
    And thanks for the Empire Event, I'm glad to unlock a R2 unit :)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Nihilus "farmable" from a single hard node... Should have seen this coming from greedy EA... And no, the shart shop doesn't count.
  • Options
    I can see recommended level 20+ in the r2d2 event announcement, someone telling about 5* characters so there is some confusion, what are requirements any ideas?
  • Rune
    2 posts Member
    Options
    It's not empire toons for the event. In game the event lists SITH and FIRST ORDER required. The only event that required empire love received crappy little teddy bears as the prize.

Much smaller pool of toons....
  • Options
    Asher1138 wrote: »
    The amount of whining and complaints in this thread is insane.

Great work CG. This looks awesome!

• Options
    Imperial troopers

Storm
    Snow
    Magma
    Shore
    Death
    ISC
    Gar?
    TFP
    That is the answer
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • adamwxman
    44 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

^^^^^^ this + 1.

It's pretty sad to see how much whining and complaining there is in the forums and how many people think they're so **** entitled to every new toon or rework and when EA/CG Devs give what the complainers want, it's NEVER good enough. If you have to complain this much about every rework or new toon releases, then don't play the game. Also, Empire toons have been farmable since DAY ONE. So if you're not ready for the R2D2 event, that's ON YOU.

Learn to appreciate the small things in life!
  • Options
    adamwxman wrote: »

^^^^^^ this + 1.

It's pretty sad to see how much whining and complaining there is in the forums and how many people think they're so **** entitled to every new toon or rework and when EA/CG Devs give what the complainers want, it's NEVER good enough. If you have to complain this much about every rework or new toon releases, then don't play the game. Also, Empire toons have been farmable since DAY ONE. So if you're not ready for the R2D2 event, that's ON YOU.

Learn to appreciate the small things in life!

EXACTLY.

When I came to the game I couldn't participate in the Yoda event at all, because I had only one Jedi. When the EP event came I could only get to tier three. Next time to tier 5 and unlock him, now I may stand ready for the next event and get him on 7 stars.

They are also mourning about "how extremely rare this event will be though Yoda and EP events are coming every once". ****, EP used to be twice a year as well, it's been a short time since it became a returning one.

And the Veers rework... I've been waiting for it a really long time as he is my fav SW character that made it to the game (still waiting to the time when Thrawn is introduced, I really hoped this "Empire is on the offensive" thing means him, but no). And though he still isn't one of the most OP characters of the game, this rework has potential. We shall see what happens to the Imperial Troopers, and then see how viable the team will be.

But those saying that "there was no reason to collect Empire toons and now they won't be able to play for R2 and blahblah..." are killing me, and I'd so love to argue them to pieces but I've had enough stress today so I'm only saying: ****, better luck next time.
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Nihilus "farmable" from a single hard node... Should have seen this coming from greedy EA... And no, the shart shop doesn't count.

Why doesn't it count?
  • Options
    Baker wrote: »
    I can see recommended level 20+ in the r2d2 event announcement, someone telling about 5* characters so there is some confusion, what are requirements any ideas?

The three unlock events (yoda, palpatine, r2d2) need any 5 of a certain faction to participate (yoda>jedi, palpatine>rebels, r2d2>empire) and there are 7 tiers to the event
    For tier 1 you need all 5 at 1*
    For tier 2 you need all 5 at 2*
    You get the idea

You get shards for the character as you clear the event, with tiers 1-5 giving you 145 shards total which unlocks the character. Then tier 6 gives you 85 shards which brings you to 6* and tier 7 gives you 100 shards which brings you to 7*

The recommended level 20+ is to clear the first level of the event only, the enemies scale in level and gear level per tier of the event with tier 5 being about level 70 gear 9

If you remember all the unlock events like the super commando event and gar saxon event also said recommended level 20+ but that scaled all the way up to level 80
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Rizn wrote: »

Why doesn't it count?

The exchange rate is ridiculous, so it doesn't speed the farming up significantly unless you devote all other resources to it.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Options
    Rizn wrote: »

Why doesn't it count?

The exchange rate is ridiculous, so it doesn't speed the farming up significantly unless you devote all other resources to it.

If I use every ls/ds battle and cantina battle with two refreshes a day each, and use every shop, I may get 60 shards a day. That would take 60 days of doing nothing but farming for Nihilus. Yay
  • Options
    7 days? 8 days?
This discussion has been closed.