Game Update - 4/25/2017 Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Thobias wrote: »
    How long will this event run?
    7 days? 8 days?

The same as for Yoda's and Palp's event.

Also important thing in the update is that SiT and SA are available in cantina so easily farmabe now. For Nihilus it's harder since there are some good toons to farm on the last tier as ShT, Baze and now DN.
  • Options
    Veers (g9, decent mods) is noticeably different since the rework... still not a huge amount of damage to write home about however his basic [for me] now hits for 12-14k (without Offense Up), pretty decent increase as he previously dealt maybe 5-6k. I only test-drove in some early GW nodes and a couple of Challenges... sure is funny dusting off toons whose shards you used to hate getting, like Snowtrooper. I just can't picture Veers + troopers being meta as has been suggested to me by an acquaintance who might have been tripping on psychedelic mushroom when he typed that.

General Veers is another FOTP on node farms -- you're going to grow old with him. I'm barely 20/100 and that's since February 2016 (given, I haven't been bringing him along the entire time).
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Are they going to do the right thing and label TFP an imperial Trooper?

That would be the wrong thing. :p
  • Options
    Am I the only one no being able to Sim challenges since the update?
  • Options
    If you would actually read the notes you would see that the empire rework has just begun.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    7 days? 8 days?

Also important thing in the update is that SiT and SA are available in cantina so easily farmabe now. For Nihilus it's harder since there are some good toons to farm on the last tier as ShT, Baze and now DN.

Do you know that, or is that an educated guess? Because I would expect a week (same as other events) too, but I haven't seen any info on that from @EA_Jesse or @CG_Kozispoon
  • Options
    i heard that when legendary events first came out they lasted around 11 days
  • Options
    1 bug fix? While any bug fixes are appreciated, this one was a bug that I have never even seen flagged. The bug fixes in this game are egregious. There seems to be zero cares about fixing long overdue broken content.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »
    7 days? 8 days?

Do you know that, or is that an educated guess? Because I would expect a week (same as other events) too, but I haven't seen any info on that from @EA_Jesse or @CG_Kozispoon

It's in the update note:

Additionally, these Characters can also be found in the following locations:
    Darth Nihilus- Hard Dark Side Battles 9-A
    Sith Trooper- Cantina Battles 8-B
    Sith Assassin- Cantina Battles 8-C

For the duration of the event, I don't know why it should be different, so here, it's a guess.
  • Options
    My only complaint is the 10 day run Krennic got in Shard Shop. That was hardly any time to work on him. These farms are hard, and Baze got months and so did K2SO. Krennic is already gone and left to 1 node. I would have appreciated that Krennic got the same due in shard shop that the Rebels got. Now right to Sith, and watch they will be there for some time until Phoenix team is ready to go in about 2 months.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Rizn wrote: »
    Nihilus "farmable" from a single hard node... Should have seen this coming from greedy EA... And no, the shart shop doesn't count.

Why doesn't it count?

The exchange rate is ridiculous, so it doesn't speed the farming up significantly unless you devote all other resources to it.

Nihilus is arena viable at 3 or 4*. As are Baze and ST. So having them farmable only from a hard node is not such a problem, the only thing you can't use them in is raids. Not every character should be rapidly farmable to 7*.

Like many others, I'm very pleased with this update, even with more details yet to come.
  • Options
    My only complaint is the 10 day run Krennic got in Shard Shop. That was hardly any time to work on him. These farms are hard, and Baze got months and so did K2SO. Krennic is already gone and left to 1 node. I would have appreciated that Krennic got the same due in shard shop that the Rebels got. Now right to Sith, and watch they will be there for some time until Phoenix team is ready to go in about 2 months.

They will get max 4 weeks
  • Options
    This really is an awesome update btw. A new event for a new character who is iconic, will have a lot of versatility, helps counter the current meta a little, but doesn't appear overpowered. Obviously we have to wait and see, but he looks very balanced to me.

Plus the Veers and imperial Trooper update is definitely going to be a boost to those characters. As long as it's not ridiculous, that's a great thing. Improving existing, underused characters is always welcome. I hope they continue this approach, because it's great.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Rune wrote: »
    It's not empire toons for the event. In game the event lists SITH and FIRST ORDER required. The only event that required empire love received **** little teddy bears as the prize.

Much smaller pool of toons....

You are looking at the wrong event. The Assault Battle (Places of Power, which is a returning event) requires Sith and First Order. The R2-D2 event that everybody else is talking about (Daring Droid) requires Empire.
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Are they going to do the right thing and label TFP an imperial Trooper?

That would be the wrong thing. :p

How..? A pilot is a troop.
  • Options
    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet... but the ship being introduced is not a Gauntlet Starfighter. It is a Fang Fighter, or Protectorate Starfighter. The Gauntlet is much larger. I'd link the wookieepedia pages but I'm not sure if linking is allowed.

It's minor, but it bugs the hell out of me lol
  • Options
  • Options
    [/quote]But those saying that "there was no reason to collect Empire toons and now they won't be able to play for R2 and blahblah..." are killing me, and I'd so love to argue them to pieces but I've had enough stress today so I'm only saying: ****, better luck next time.[/quote]

You know, not everybody has been playing the game for the same time. I started in late december and I'm loving the game, it's very entertaining and characters keep coming.
    I love R2, everybody loves R2, and I want him on my squad.
    Since I managed to get Yoda, I started working to get Palpatine, and I think I'll be able to, but since I was working on Rebels there's no way I can course correct and get R2.

I complain because I'd like to get the character, and I won't be able to.

I would have gotten around leveling up the empire toons eventually, but the game doesn't give you many reasons to make it your #1 priority until you are farming mods, because most of the characters won't get you that far. I was planing on getting Jawas now... Jawas before the Empire, that's a gameplay priority, because of mods. So yeah, I don't like it, sorry to bother you.
  • Eyi
    209 posts Member
    Options
    --Hey ....assajj should be tagged as a sith!!! : D

Ans: nope...the assajj we have here its from a specific time so she is just considered a separatist and a nightsister ( for itself this argument is solid garbage)
    And this way we said

--- Hey !!! Maul and savage should have a singergy : D

A: nope savage and THIS maul are from different times so they cant get it

Wow okay... we were asking for it but we got an answer why not.... kind of crappy for ventress ( because she was a sith assassin and we see here a SA has a sith tag...) but ok ...we get it ...

But now we are going to have R2.... who has
    G. REPUBLIC
    REBEL
    RESISTANCE

tags...amongst others... why the double speech? Now we can have multi-eras/times chars? this is just lame

But dont misunderstand me i like R2 coming even tho i run a zaul team in arena ....i knew this was coming but why do we need a char who counters a strat with skills like "burns all enemy team reduces their dodge and this cant be evaded"??? Just to fix the whinings ???

Why not worked in the first place in a real fair dodge/evasion mechs and not be like "hey new meta killer unit : DDDDD"

Well i know it always has been like this but we can nver forget about this poor design of the game in this aspect (again ...dont misunderstand me ...i really love the game)

What do you think the double speech...am i just salty? :/ and what about this brutal meta-shifting with the release of one toon instead of working it right?

Salu2
  • Options
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    Jcc807 wrote: »
    As for new players getting the shaft... that is ridiculous. Many of us older players went through the same thing with Palpatine. Just the way it is. I wasn't able to get him the first time and had to wait 6 months. When the time came I was definitely ready.

I am intrigued with the Veers reworks and the idea of Troopers being a viable squad. Willing to wait and thinking it is kind of nice they chose to take a different angle with him.

Really now? I am viewing these releases as a business model. Just because they screwed up in the past with an emperor release and it affected you doesnt mean that things shouldn't be different going forward. . . It is a video game, whether new old or inbetween, having a business model that incorporates everyone is what makes the most money.

Newer players definately feel shafted, didn't you at the empires demise the first time around?

Generally feeling shafted players, are not spending money.

This is absurd. No matter what faction they picked, there would be new players who aren't ready. Empire is a pretty big faction at the moment, about the same size as the Jedi when Yoda first came around (and there were premium Jedi back then).

To his defense.

Empire.
    - Emperor.... restricted to a Rebeled needed event
    - Darth Vader restricted to accomplishments and rare fleet spots.
    - Gar Saxxon new and not farmable
    - Imperial Super commando new and not farmable
    - death trooper, Barely farmable
    - krennic barely farmable.

There goes Six of that fraction right off the bat.
    -

My Death Trooper is nearly 7* with one or 2 refreshes per day. "Barely farmable"? Seems fine to me
  • JediMasterGibs
    421 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Eyi wrote: »
    --Hey ....assajj should be tagged as a sith!!! : D

Ans: nope...the assajj we have here its from a specific time so she is just considered a separatist and a nightsister ( for itself this argument is solid garbage)
    And this way we said

--- Hey !!! Maul and savage should have a singergy : D

A: nope savage and THIS maul are from different times so they cant get it

Wow okay... we were asking for it but we got an answer why not.... kind of **** for ventress ( because she was a sith assassin and we see here a SA has a sith tag...) but ok ...we get it ...

But now we are going to have R2.... who has
    G. REPUBLIC
    REBEL
    RESISTANCE

tags...amongst others... why the double speech? Now we can have multi-eras/times chars? this is just lame

But dont misunderstand me i like R2 coming even tho i run a zaul team in arena ....i knew this was coming but why do we need a char who counters a strat with skills like "burns all enemy team reduces their dodge and this cant be evaded"??? Just to fix the whinings ???

Why not worked in the first place in a real fair dodge/evasion mechs and not be like "hey new meta killer unit : DDDDD"

Well i know it always has been like this but we can nver forget about this poor design of the game in this aspect (again ...dont misunderstand me ...i really love the game)

What do you think the double speech...am i just salty? :/ and what about this brutal meta-shifting with the release of one toon instead of working it right?

Salu2

in their defense. R2's look has never EVER changed. to make 3 different faction version of him would just be insane... also his skillset has never changed. you can argue that sure his jets didn't work in the OG trilogy, so take that ability and leave it to his GR phase. but seriously, do we want another jawa unit where they literally all look the same? plus then you'd have to farm 3 R2s.... please no.

Asajj is NOT a sith.
    Maul is from TPM, and Savage is from TCW.
    lets stop this.

edit: I'll give into you gripe about shifting metas. it's going to happen with any game. I just clobbered a chaze team and those were OP only a few weeks ago. things shift, but I think they shift quite far and quite fast. i'll give you that
  • Options
    1250 mk3 carbantis and 1400 stun gun salvage for r2. tumblr_lci86kVPb71qc6kz5.gif?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

It just gets worse and worse
  • Options
    As for new players getting the shaft... that is ridiculous. Many of us older players went through the same thing with Palpatine. Just the way it is. I wasn't able to get him the first time and had to wait 6 months. When the time came I was definitely ready.

I am intrigued with the Veers reworks and the idea of Troopers being a viable squad. Willing to wait and thinking it is kind of nice they chose to take a different angle with him.

Really now? I am viewing these releases as a business model. Just because they screwed up in the past with an emperor release and it affected you doesnt mean that things shouldn't be different going forward. . . It is a video game, whether new old or inbetween, having a business model that incorporates everyone is what makes the most money.

Newer players definately feel shafted, didn't you at the empires demise the first time around?

This is absurd. No matter what faction they picked, there would be new players who aren't ready. Empire is a pretty big faction at the moment, about the same size as the Jedi when Yoda first came around (and there were premium Jedi back then).

To his defense.

Empire.

-

My Death Trooper is nearly 7* with one or 2 refreshes per day. "Barely farmable"? Seems fine to me

He means barely farmable in the sense that you have to have been playing for a very long time to even unlock the node. You have to reach level 83 to unlock cantina stage 8, to put that in perspective I've been playing practically daily since the start of January and I only just reached level 78

Yes it's easily farmable but only after a long time - by the time you unlock cantina stage 8 you'll most likely already have 5 other empire already starred up
  • Options
    I've been playing this game for about 14 months. When I was low on progress. When the Yoda event came around I think I only had 2 Jedi so then I spent a few months after that farming Jedi to take part when it returned. No biggie.

Same when Palps event came around for me, I was sorely lacking Rebels. So then I spent some time farming Rebels so I could take part when Palps event returned.

When I saw that players who had been playing longer than me had both those toons, I considered that since they'd been playing longer then it made total sense that they already had the factions to compete when events first rolled out. I was a wee bit envious, but not enraged like a moody Rancor (see what I did there).

So for the first time I have the faction to compete in first time Daring Droid event and will hopefully 7* him on Day 1.

I think long time players should get a little bonus from time to time. For continued loyalty to the game and the sheer amount of hours and effort we put in. So if that bonus is being able to compete in first Daring Droid event then that's just life. Why would I be apologetic about it?

Regardless ,for all the newer players and those who've never farmed empire I'm sorry you's can't take part. Please don't be super salty about it and clog up the forums with angry uncalled for R2-D2 Daring Droid moans.

With love.
  • Options
    It hasn't even started yet. Just wait if he's an amazing essential toon like Palps was. We're just at the tip of the iceberg.
  • Options
    Some people are genuinely salty about everything.

Others feel entitled.

What can ya do ...

But yes, people need to chill.
  • Options
    The0n3 wrote: »
    I was hoping for something greater, idk... But that's ok i guess... R2 is a beast, i hope i can at least get him 3-4 stars and test it out...

He unlocks at 5 stars
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Yesac wrote: »
    Rizn wrote: »
    Nihilus "farmable" from a single hard node... Should have seen this coming from greedy EA... And no, the shart shop doesn't count.

Why doesn't it count?

The exchange rate is ridiculous, so it doesn't speed the farming up significantly unless you devote all other resources to it.

If I use every ls/ds battle and cantina battle with two refreshes a day each, and use every shop, I may get 60 shards a day. That would take 60 days of doing nothing but farming for Nihilus. Yay

You should have Nihilus at 3* already from the event Just two months ago. So that's 60 shards right there (the event gave an extra 10), leaving 270 total to 7* (which, incidentally is completely unnecessary - I run a 4* Nihilus on a November 2015 shard and take first whenever I am around the hour before payout.)

Even if you didn't drop crystals to buy the two packs to get Nihilus to 4* (like many did - myself included)

To his defense.

Empire.

-

He means barely farmable in the sense that you have to have been playing for a very long time to even unlock the node. You have to reach level 83 to unlock cantina stage 8, to put that in perspective I've been playing practically daily since the start of January and I only just reached level 78

Yes it's easily farmable but only after a long time - by the time you unlock cantina stage 8 you'll most likely already have 5 other empire already starred up

Part of the problem is the idea of "very long time". Since the beginning of January is almost 5 months. Some people have been playing this game for 17+ months. Many of those people dealt with "missing out" when Yoda was released. Some who have been playing a year didn't get Palpatine the first time around. That's part of the game.

This game is here for the long haul and to appeal to players who have been playing for one month, 6 months and a year and half. Not everything is for everyone who just installed the game two weeks ago - or even 6 months ago. Some content is "long term goal" type stuff - and that's a good thing.

Just because people can't have everything in the game whenever they want, doesn't mean it's flawed - in fact, that's a great way to keep people interested in the game and motivated to keep building a better roster, improving and leveling up.

Sure, people can use money to "speed up" the process - but it isn't necessary.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I'm a new player, started in mid January. I'm sad I won't have a chance to get r2, but thems the breaks. I took my guild mates advice and focused rebels. The first chance I had was in March. Because I was prepared I got a killer toon. None of us were prepared for this, and that's fine. By the time it rolls around again I guarantee I will unlock him at 7*. Also gives me plenty of time to stock on gear.
  • Options
    Does anyone know 100% for sure that this event will be just like Yoda and Palp? And only use toons and no ships?
This discussion has been closed.