Game Update 6/7/2017 Megathread

Replies

• Options
    It's the same for Bronzium as well.
  • Options
    Also, don't forget the other amazing news for Empire squads, Gar Saxon and Imperial Super Commando are now in chromium packs so we now have the privilege of spending money on them as well on the off chance their shards will turn up there.

The only thing missing from this update is the announcement of a new OP rebel toon
  • NinFang
    60 posts Member
    Options
    quit being selfish/self entitled, and wanting CG to hand you everything. Thrawn is a SW Rebels toon, it makes total sense that he's a reward for people that worked on Phoenix squadron, especially considering how they kinda suck... On top of that they made the phoenix squad ftp so at least you can work towards getting Thrawn, next time the event happens...
    i'm personally glad that i now have a long term goal to work towards. It's been a while since i've had to work towards something. Probably since the first Yoda event.
  • aclbosox
    132 posts Member
    Options
    aclbosox wrote: »
    Woohoo! I want Thrawn so I bought the pack and am going to aggressively farm and gear them.

For everyone else complaining. Grow up, this makes the most sense from a story perspective. If you have higher priorities then that's fine, pass on Thrawn. For me, he's one of my favorite characters so I'm going all out and Pheonix takes higher priority than other things. Stop assuming you will be able to get everyone immediately, this community has no patience. Now you have something long term to work towards!

Thanks EA, looking forward to the event!

It actually looks like you're the one with no patience. :smile:

I know, I'm excited! I think i'll be able to get them all starred/geared in time for the event.
    ΔCŁBØSØX | Discord: aclbosox#8982
  • LeftyTwoGuns
    460 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Don't care about Phoenix squad, dont' care about Thrawn, so I'm not bothered.

I don't think anyone should be overly bothered. This is the name of the game and it's not new. The same **** happened with Mod Challenges. How many players had full well geared Jawa, Resistence, Scoundrel, and First Order squads lying around waiting to farm mods? Now it's no big deal, because this is a game about collecting and progressing and you can viably farm all those squads. Same happened with Yoda. Very, very few people could unlock him at 7* when his event first rolled out. Now he's common place. If you want instant gratification, spend the money to get it
  • Options
    CUFCfan616 wrote: »
    Also, don't forget the other amazing news for Empire squads, Gar Saxon and Imperial Super Commando are now in chromium packs so we now have the privilege of spending money on them as well on the off chance their shards will turn up there.

The only thing missing from this update is the announcement of a new OP rebel toon

Well technically they made 6 rebel toons easily farmable
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Check the megathread before you start complaining about CG deleting threads
  • Options
    What a slap in the face, this is Phoenix garbage is for lack of better words, ****. Thanks for offering me a $100 pack for characters that I'll never use to unlock a character that may be trash. Not to mention they didn't address the issues that are making the game stagnant and tedious. I'm not even mad about this lame event locked behind a paywall (I know there are nodes, but the event starts in what, 2 days?), but the lack of communication and overall poor updates. I'm finding it very difficult to continue playing and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So, in all, thanks for nothing.

You get info in 2 days i assume the event wont happen till the flash events end.

Sure, okay I get that but these are characters that have no utility and have been only available for a little while. This is very clearly a cash grab that is profiting off of hype by the hardcore fans. It's insulting.
  • Vallik
    163 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Meh u can take this and stick it somewhere

I aint leveling pheonix trash for a single event

You need to releasesomething worth a **** soon cause the game is so stale atm my shard chat in line is dying ppl taking breaks like mad half alot of ppl just doing 0 dmg in raids in my guild

Up your game cg your letting your galaxy of heroes stagnate

• aclbosox
    132 posts Member
    Options
    xanderxman wrote: »
    Woohoo! I want Thrawn so I bought the pack and am going to aggressively farm and gear them.

For everyone else complaining. Grow up, this makes the most sense from a story perspective. If you have higher priorities then that's fine, pass on Thrawn. For me, he's one of my favorite characters so I'm going all out and Pheonix takes higher priority than other things. Stop assuming you will be able to get everyone immediately, this community has no patience. Now you have something long term to work towards!

I have plenty of patience and in no way expect to have every character immediately. But given that Phoenix is utter garbage right now and I still have a huge raid gear wall and mod wall to climb with characters that actually matter I don't see me ever getting Thrawn.

By the time I gear and mod the other teams that will actually be useful to me then Thrawn will no longer be relevant and I just won't care to gear, mod and level 5 seriously bad characters to get him. So if you want to whale on and get him then by all means do so

So.... pass on him?
    What a slap in the face, this is Phoenix garbage is for lack of better words, ****. Thanks for offering me a $100 pack for characters that I'll never use to unlock a character that may be trash. Not to mention they didn't address the issues that are making the game stagnant and tedious. I'm not even mad about this lame event locked behind a paywall (I know there are nodes, but the event starts in what, 2 days?), but the lack of communication and overall poor updates. I'm finding it very difficult to continue playing and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So, in all, thanks for nothing.

Those are the flash events, not the unlock event for Thrawn. The flash events will give you the gear to level up your toons.
  • Options
    Smithie wrote: »
    Disapointed

Couldn't have said it better myself. I hope this is reflected in your reaction video.
  • Options
    Attention game developers. There needs to be an immediate patch. Drilling down in ship leaderboard through the ranks tab into the actual character allows anyone access to change anyone's character mods. Attention game developers please fix this as raising this alarm may lead to immediate abuses.
  • Options
    I am really disappointed in you, EA. Assuming this is like Yoda and Palpatine, you just screwed over pretty much everyone. It's one thing to require Rebels or Jedi to unlock a character, since there are a lot of options and both can be pretty good. But you're requiring a garbage team to unlock Thrawn? That's probably the biggest cash grab I've seen in this game. You're giving us a couple weeks to star and gear characters we don't want and couldn't farm before anyway, but don't worry! We can buy them for $100 and still not have enough to unlock Thrawn at 5 stars . . . And we'll throw in double drops for 3 days--as if that will make any difference.

I might not be a whale, but I am a dolphin. I've gone with the flow for a lot of things. I get you want us to spend money, and for the most part it's been a good balance of pay and free. But there's a line where I stop. This is it. I might not stop playing, but I don't think I'll be spending any more for a long while.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    and I thought the citadel pack was a screw job.
  • Sandybard
    156 posts Member
    Options
    Horrible, horrible, horrible. This is the worst character release mechanism ever. Force us into buying and/or trying to rapidly level and gear toons that were a complete flop to get a toon that a lot of folks want? Are you kidding me? I've never really gotten irritated by any of the previous releases, even if I didn't have strong toons for the event, but this is just silly. Basically, the only people who are going to be able to get a top-level Thrawn are those who dumped buckets of cash into the utterly useless Phoenix squad.

So even when those of us who prefer Empire/dark side think we've got something good coming to us after repeated new rebel toon releases, and getting slapped in the face with a miserably weak Empire pass/rework, we get kicked squarely in the jewels by needing to have what? Rebels! And not just any rebels, but probably the least desirable and least attainable rebels in the game.

I'm sorry, but this is just a truly awful decision.
  • Options
    Anyone seeing the double drops yet (for those that are already on the 8th)?
  • kerwyn
    144 posts Member
    Options
    Took a hard pass on Ahsoka saying I'll get Thrawn.
    I'm not paying for faileix. I'll take a pass on Thrawn also.
  • Options
    Overreaction and panic...grab the popcorn...this is where the fun begins
  • Options
    Worked on Phoenix squadron? You mean paid for Phoenix squadron. There is a difference here, and they've never done this before. This a double pay scheme to get the people that were unwilling to buy into Phoenix the first time to force their hand further to do it this time. We're not talking about a new character, we're talking about an entire team. It's unprecedented. People shouldn't have to "wait until next time" to unlock him even at 5 stars. People that spend money have always had a competitive advantage in this game by having their characters at more stars, now they are establishing it so that paying players will be the only ones to unlock this character at all.
  • Options

So.... pass on him?

That's exactly what I'm doing. Just don't think that should be the reaction the devs want for a fan favorite release.

• Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    Overreaction and panic...grab the popcorn...this is where the fun begins

ee2.jpg
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    Yall should take the bright side of this by taking advantage of the double drops to farm hars gears and besides Ezra is the best among them and he is on a very easy Cantina node. Take that to your advantage,Don't bother about the rest
  • Options
    WildRile wrote: »
    New challenge art, but you can't fix EP critting under DN with Crackling Doom? Awesome, great patch.

Maybe if they would have chosen a different coding language other than Whitespace, it would be possible to do some actual debugging.
    GregorEG wrote: »
    Attention game developers. There needs to be an immediate patch. Drilling down in ship leaderboard through the ranks tab into the actual character allows anyone access to change anyone's character mods. Attention game developers please fix this as raising this alarm may lead to immediate abuses.

It links to your pilot.
  • Options
    xanderxman wrote: »

I have plenty of patience and in no way expect to have every character immediately. But given that Phoenix is utter garbage right now and I still have a huge raid gear wall and mod wall to climb with characters that actually matter I don't see me ever getting Thrawn.

By the time I gear and mod the other teams that will actually be useful to me then Thrawn will no longer be relevant and I just won't care to gear, mod and level 5 seriously bad characters to get him. So if you want to whale on and get him then by all means do so

So.... pass on him?

Those are the flash events, not the unlock event for Thrawn. The flash events will give you the gear to level up your toons.

If they are like previous ones, which only dropped like 15 salvages of gear, that's not really giving us gear to level them. The gear issue still remains.
  • NinFang
    60 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Worked on Phoenix squadron? You mean paid for Phoenix squadron. There is a difference here, and they've never done this before. This a double pay scheme to get the people that were unwilling to buy into Phoenix the first time to force their hand further to do it this time. We're not talking about a new character, we're talking about an entire team. It's unprecedented. People shouldn't have to "wait until next time" to unlock him even at 5 stars. People that spend money have always had a competitive advantage in this game by having their characters at more stars, now they are establishing it so that paying players will be the only ones to unlock this character at all.

Because spending weeks/months worth of gear on a full squad to max them isn't "working on them"?
  • Options
    Yeah, it's another kick to players that favor darkside toons. Seemed like the darkside growing isn't going to happen. Get light side toons to get darkside, while both yoda, Palpatine you needed light side.
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Look folks, I'm psyched. I'm basically FTP* and I've been saving up every kind of in-game credit for when Phoenix became available. Yeah, they kind of suck, but I also know they have no zetas, and - since they work together so well as a team - could be great with the right zetas.

I've seen them as fairly effective in GW. Their ships are pretty good. And Ezra is a beast onto himself.

I have them already at gear 8 and level 84 each, but only 3*. I'm psyched to be able to farm them.

BUT HERE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT...

I don't have R2.
    I don't have a decent Nihilus.
    I don't have Ch.aze.
    I don't have Palpatine.
    I don't even have Wedge yet.

I have forgone a lot of toons. I'm level 85 and I finished in the arena today at 27 with a completely unique squad. I finished in fleet at 9.

Many of you have Palpatine, Ch.aze, and all the toons I don't have.

So what if Thrawn is HARD for you to get? Wasn't every toon you wanted HARD in some way? How many of you invested in Jedi to get Yoda?

I may not even get Phoenix high enough to get a max Thrawn. And if I do, I may not even have the right toons to put with him. But at least I set myself up a head start over the past couple months, carefully saving up creds.

If you NEED Thrawn to assuage some sort of completionist urge, just do what the rest of us did for toons like Yoda: slowly build up and get him eventually.

Sheesh.

*Basically FTP means I've bought crystals twice, and paid $10 each for the Phoenix Ship packs to get them to 4*
  • Options
    This is awesome. was a great choice for who you need to get thrawn the I have not had work an event in while ''tis gives me something look forward too can't wait start getting Phoenix up there and on next go around.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    Yep... Another one... "SURPRISE!" You need Phoenix and for a LIMITED Time you can drop 100 bux! YAY!... SUPRISE You need Farm Boy Luke! SURPRISE! You need XXXX.

This is really really really getting old.
  • aclbosox
    132 posts Member
    Options
    Xyrex wrote: »
    What is this? Punishment to new players? I started to play 2 months ago, don't even have the toons. But in the case i would have it, I could do nothing. I am struggling with credits, purple ability mats and raid gear. Don't even can improve my arena team, or the jedis to the Yoda event. These flash event should be for EVERYONE, not only for people who spend money. I was so excited with this flash event series and now I am so dissapointed.

That's what the marquee events are for. P2P mostly hate those because there's no effort involved. EA has to satisfy a wide range of players. If it does require 7* pheonix yes, it will be an incredibly small percentage of players that are ready, but I'd argue those players probably spend more than the rest combined. For the rest of us, do the best you can, if you can't complete gives you something to work towards, I didn't unlock yoda for at least 9 months playing the game because Jedi were never a priority for me.