Game Update 6/7/2017 Megathread

Replies

• Szogunka
    15 posts Member
    Options
    xanderxman wrote: »
    bolobaby wrote: »
    Look folks, I'm psyched. I'm basically FTP* and I've been saving up every kind of in-game credit for when Phoenix became available. Yeah, they kind of suck, but I also know they have no zetas, and - since they work together so well as a team - could be great with the right zetas.

I've seen them as fairly effective in GW. Their ships are pretty good. And Ezra is a beast onto himself.

I have them already at gear 8 and level 84 each, but only 3*. I'm psyched to be able to farm them.

BUT HERE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT...

I don't have R2.
    I don't have a decent Nihilus.
    I don't have Ch.aze.
    I don't have Palpatine.
    I don't even have Wedge yet.

I have forgone a lot of toons. I'm level 85 and I finished in the arena today at 27 with a completely unique squad. I finished in fleet at 9.

Many of you have Palpatine, Ch.aze, and all the toons I don't have.

So what if Thrawn is HARD for you to get? Wasn't every toon you wanted HARD in some way? How many of you invested in Jedi to get Yoda?

I may not even get Phoenix high enough to get a max Thrawn. And if I do, I may not even have the right toons to put with him. But at least I set myself up a head start over the past couple months, carefully saving up creds.

If you NEED Thrawn to assuage some sort of completionist urge, just do what the rest of us did for toons like Yoda: slowly build up and get him eventually.

Sheesh.

*Basically FTP means I've bought crystals twice, and paid $10 each for the Phoenix Ship packs to get them to 4*

It's not that he's HARD for me to get. It's that I do not want to gear, mod and level the Phoenix squad to get a character. Those resources are already hard enough to come by for characters that I need to get geared, modded and leveled. I am not going to forego that to unlock Thrawn.

I'm not crying because it is too hard. I could easily divert resources and unlock him. I'm just not going to do it.

Phoenix just became farmable today. When Yoda was announced, Jedi had been farmable since the game started. When Palps was announced Rebels had been farmable since the game started. See the difference here?

did they say that squadron team will be needed in future?
  • Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    $99 to shard up a garbage faction that I didn't want to buy the first time they were offered to me.

Now locking Thrawn, who I desperately need to help my empire, behind these guys... I mean this seems like trolling.

Amen. Even with the faction pass and update to tarkin they don't keep up with Rebel
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Zeb
    Sabine
    Kanan
    Ezra
    Chop
    Hera

Which one will you not be gearing and starring for the upcoming event and why?

I'll be doing them all, but I currently have been *using* everyone but Sabine to breeze through many a GW node. Why? Because Chopper's health regen actually helps the team survive like crazy from node to node.

But Sabine has her uses.
  • Sandybard
    156 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    You may not have the toons to get Palp, but they've been FREELY AVAILABLE since the game started. Same with the toons required for Yoda and R2. Phoenix were essentially pay only (at least if you want to actually use them) until today. So we're crunched into this tight timeline and have to either divert all resources to farming/gearing them, or drop a ton of cash. We were never even given the chance to build up these toons before they're suddenly required. THAT is the problem.
  • Options
    Ouchie wrote: »
    If so, totally cray.

This is an excellent point. Why can't we use Fulcrum Ahsoka?

IIRC, they used Season 3 versions of the Rebels characters, and Ahsoka isn't in S3 (IIRC).
  • Options
    I wouldn't gear chopper, but I am wondering if you will next need their ships for an event.
  • Options
    Thrawn will probably have synergy with some of the other recently released, poorly received toons like Gar Saxon. They would need to recoup their investment and maintain their 10,000% profit margin on new content somehow.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I'm trying to think, is "Legendary Event" code for it works like Yoda, Palpatine, and R2-D2? I'm pretty sure that's what it means, anyway.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Sandybard wrote: »
    Xyrex wrote: »
    What is this? Punishment to new players? I started to play 2 ago, don't even have the toons. But in the case i would have it, I could do nothing. I am struggling with credits, purple ability mats and raid gear. Don't even can improve my arena team, or the jedis to the Yoda event. These flash event should be for EVERYONE, not only for people who spend money. I was so excited with this flash event series and now I am so dissapointed.

No, Xyrex. I've been playing for a long time and I don't even have the toons to get Palpatine yet.

Part of that is a choice on where I wanted to farm, but at least they've put some of these toons on accessible nodes.

It takes time to get the best toons. Get used to the grind.

You may not have the toons to get Palp, but they've been FREELY AVAILABLE since the game started. Same with the toons required for Yoda and R2. Phoenix were essentially pay only (at least if you want to actually use them) until today. So we're crunched into this tight timeline and have to either divert all resources to farming/gearing them, or drop a ton of cash. We were never even given the chance to build up these toons before they're suddenly required. THAT is the problem.[/quote]

This exactly
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    You may not have the toons to get Palp, but they've been FREELY AVAILABLE since the game started. Same with the toons required for Yoda and R2. Phoenix were essentially pay only (at least if you want to actually use them) until today. So we're crunched into this tight timeline and have to either divert all resources to farming/gearing them, or drop a ton of cash. We were never even given the chance to build up these toons before they're suddenly required. THAT is the problem.

Not a problem for me. I knew Phoenix would become available and have prepared.

11.3k Cantina creds
    6.5k Guild creds
    12.7 Arena creds
    9.6k GW creds
    5k Fleet creds (been hit here by the need to buy ships and gear)
  • Reven85
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    no matter how good Thrawn is, he is not worth hearing 5 useless toons.

Ezra and Sabine are good not sure I cared about the rest will do it because thrawn is my fave eu character but he won't be 7 stars this time... not enough time to farm them before event
  • Options
    Does the double drops for the nodes start at midnight?
  • luisgin
    122 posts Member
    Options
    Jeez. Im not wasting money or gear for toons im not gonna use. Not way
  • Xyrex
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Xyrex wrote: »
    What is this? Punishment to new players? I started to play 2 months ago, don't even have the toons. But in the case i would have it, I could do nothing. I am struggling with credits, purple ability mats and raid gear. Don't even can improve my arena team, or the jedis to the Yoda event. These flash event should be for EVERYONE, not only for people who spend money. I was so excited with this flash event series and now I am so dissapointed.

No, Xyrex. I've been playing for a long time and I don't even have the toons to get Palpatine yet.

Part of that is a choice on where I wanted to farm, but at least they've put some of these toons on accessible nodes.

It takes time to get the best toons. Get used to the grind.

Get Yoda needs Jedis. You can pass or get the 5 jedis you like the most.
    Get EP needs rebels. You can pass or get the 5 rebels you like the most.
    Last flash event needs Skywalker. They give you Luke when you start to play so more and less you can pass (like i did, not complainings) or focus on Luke.

But now? This Phoenix Squad thing is stupid. They are not even a faction. They don't ask for rebeles, so you can choose 5 rebels you like, or empire or even jawas. they are asking for six toons you will probably never use anymore.

When R2D2 event came up, I had not empire toons so i couldn't get it. Not complains, I will improve my empire toons for next time.

This instead is absurd. Not only I have not the resources to max 6 new toons, I don't even have the toons, that weren't farmeable anyway. It's really sad, i was loking forward for this flash events and now I couldn't even play it.
  • Options
    Oh well. I guess I'll just have see what thrawn does whole im waiting to annihilate him as the clock runs down.
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    Options
    i like the rebels tv show and the characters, but my phoenix squad are all lvl 50 g6, maybe second time around i can get thrawn to 7*, but not having time to farm pheonix b4 needing them kinda sucks...
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Options
    Reven85 wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    no matter how good Thrawn is, he is not worth hearing 5 useless toons.

Ezra and Sabine are good not sure I cared about the rest will do it because thrawn is my fave eu character but he won't be 7 stars this time... not enough time to farm them before event

You don't know that. He may unlock at 3* and then you'll just need to work on Phoenix to get him at a higher star rating the next time the event comes around.

Everyone wants everything NOW. Have they forgotten how hard they worked for the toons they have?
  • KVLOM3
    88 posts Member
    Options
    I've been saving as well.
    I got 11k Cantina, 8k Arena, 18k GW, 16k guild, 12.5k fleet, but is it even worth it? Not sure what to do.
  • Options
    Osik wrote: »
    i like the rebels tv show and the characters, but my phoenix squad are all lvl 50 g6, maybe second time around i can get thrawn to 7*, but not having time to farm pheonix b4 needing them kinda sucks...

But the devs gave us an easy fix for that. Just go drop $100 on the pack. Hahaha

• jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options
    Alright im hearing im alot of people upset reguarding this Thrawn stuff. Look people just complaining has its uses, but if you want something done you need to provide ANSWERS or SOULTIONS. Come to the Devs with alternate ideas instead of just whining and quitting.

So please, read my ideas for how Thrawn should be unlocked and EARNED.

Rules:

1) No teams that have already been used in other legendary events

My idea: Stormtroopers, Veers, Royal guard, Tarkin, Krennic, Deathtrooper, basically the galactic empire crew. (This does not break the rule because it is not the "empire" crew)
    Picked because of the EU lore of the trilogy, and his relationship with key empire chatacters, and strategic use stormtroopers

Also CG please make the next R2 event unlockable with droids and jawas. Ok? Thanks!

Share your thoughts below.
  • Pfleurs
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Love Devs, :)
    I hope it comes soon a new content that brings a change. I personally do not need a new character every week. I would like to see a development in the game. The idea with the flash events I find good. I'm excited about what's going to happen in the future. :blush:
  • Galoopa
    123 posts Member
    Options
    1 Star time I think.
  • Options
    please dont move to megathread. devs why is there a 10 max purchase limit per day on the new faction pack? if thrawn event starts in 3 days and lasts for 7 days, you cant even 7* the phoenix characters required before the event ends. im a whale but i cant spend anything for the next 7 days so theres literally no point.

and no for everyone else i havnt bought any of the phoenix stuff yet.
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Options
    KVLOM3 wrote: »
    I've been saving as well.
    I got 11k Cantina, 8k Arena, 18k GW, 16k guild, 12.5k fleet, but is it even worth it? Not sure what to do.

Well, we don't know that yet. Personally, my rebels were lacking, so I decided to simply wait for Phoenix to get a reasonable rebel squad to get Palpatine.

So, to me, it's totally worth it.
  • Sandybard
    156 posts Member
    Options

Not a problem for me. I knew Phoenix would become available and have prepared.

11.3k Cantina creds
    6.5k Guild creds
    12.7 Arena creds
    9.6k GW creds
    5k Fleet creds (been hit here by the need to buy ships and gear)

Well good for you, but that's not the point. It's not that we don't have the resources saved, some probably do, some probably don't, it's that we don't want to waste those resources on an ENTIRE SQUAD of toons that we never wanted in the first place.
  • Options

You don't know that. He may unlock at 3* and then you'll just need to work on Phoenix to get him at a higher star rating the next time the event comes around.

Everyone wants everything NOW. Have they forgotten how hard they worked for the toons they have?

I don't want Thrawn now. When Palps, Yoda and R 2 were released they required characters that had been in the game since the start. This event requires characters that have been purposely kept from being farmable until today. Do you not see the difference there? We had a choice to farm or not farm the characters required for the other events. We had no choice here.

• Options
    Phoenix Squad isn't that bad. I use them for the early nodes of gw so I can save my good squads for later. I've seen Ezra used in top 100 in arena and mine is from Dec 15. Sabine is decent. Chopper is terrible and I wouldn't bother with him. The big problem with them is they depend on Hera's survival and she isn't too strong. I have them to gear 8 and am not going further though because I need that gear for other, more important toons.
  • KVLOM3
    88 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
  • Options
    im thinking possibly its because we arnt supposed to be able to max thrawn first time around? just unlock him and then everyone has to wait till the next event to 7* him.
  • Options
    Membrane wrote: »
    Ouchie wrote: »
    If so, totally cray.

This is an excellent point. Why can't we use Fulcrum Ahsoka?

Because she didn't fight thrawn in the show

Remember in the movies when Biggs wedge Leia han and lando all fought the emperor, oh wait they didn’t. Last time I checked only Luke has actually fought the emperor. Story has never mattered in this game. This is just a cash grab scheme and nothing more.