All things Nightsisters [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    I would say only refresh if you are going all in on getting her.

The event is going to be like the ATST for Wicket and the only way for f2p to get shards. The event is going to be monthly so unless you are buying packs it will take a while to 7 star her.
  • Options
    This game is swimming in hard to farm, slow grind characters, and nightsister acolyte must be near the bottom of the list til now.
  • Durmir
    205 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    NS acolyte has a very fast and easy farm spot...
    Maybe you should check cantina 2-a. Costs only 8 energy and with double drops you can get around 35 shards a day, over 100 shards by the end of the double drop. 2 weeks then to finish if you started from 0 shard.

I don't know how much faster you would expect than to get a toon 7* from scrap in less than 3 weeks...
  • Options
    Hi all

On the release notes it says that this flash event would be happening at 2pm-8pm PLAYER LOCAL TIME but mine is show Ng at starting at midnight tonight. Anyone else got the same issue?

I'm in Australia

Cheers!
  • Options
    Hi all

On the release notes it says that this flash event would be happening at 2pm-8pm PLAYER LOCAL TIME but mine is show Ng at starting at midnight tonight. Anyone else got the same issue?

I'm in Australia

Cheers!

I think PST stands for Pacific Standard Time, which would be account for the difference, seeing as how that time zone belongs to the West Coast of America. It would be impossible to have the event running at each players 2pm-8pm all over the world with different time zones and all.
  • Options
    Well. Acolyte is a quick farm actually. 8 energy cantina. And plenty of time to 5* her, as the login char was clearly stated NS going to be required for some event
  • Options
    To be fair I started farming the nightsisters when talia became the login character. I have managed to get acolyte up to nearly 7* the only issue is daķa who I hadn't unlocked but I have her at 6* now and I have done it as free to play. Although I don't see the point in farming the nightsisters because I have unlocked talzin at 3* without using the nightsisters. I can use phoenix on one of the events over the weekend and it looks like the halloween event doesn't require nightsister characters to unlock so unless the flash event is dumping loads of gear there doesn't seem a huge reason to farm them
  • Options
    i just beat tier 1 with a poorly modded team, all lvl 60 except Asaajj lvl70, abilities lvl 3-5
    took 3-4 tries though
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    What have you been boing if you have played since release?
    Shouldn’t you have farmed the hard to farm nods by now?

no, until recently there was no good reason to farm acolyte. One could argue that the rework was announced a while back, then a while of nothing, then again announced, giving players enough time to get them all to atleast 5 stars. I'm currently 5 shards short because i only started farming after the last announcement, so it was/is definately doable.
    But lets not pretent that NS acolyte should have been farmed when you've been playing as long as the OP.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Should have said when talia was announced as login character
  • Options
    I had zero acolyte at the beginning of the month. 5* her today and just beat tier 1 of the defence of dathomir event. Just take the hints given, when Talia was announced I started grinding the NS I didn't have, was never going to aim for more than 5 stars personally, so I can see that people who want everything 7 star would struggle to get this team up to that level in a short amount of time.
  • Options
    It's relatively easy I managed it with them mainly all level 65 with ventress at level 70 and none above gear 7. They all had pretty low spec mods as well
  • Options
    I admit, I wasn’t thrilled with the NS announcement. Was never into them and I really didn’t watch the clone wars show so I wasn’t familiar with them at all. But the reworks (especially Ventress) and the addition of Mama T was fun to play this morning! Definitely going to invest farming into them.
  • Options
    I would recommend not refreshing if you plan to 7* her, buy the packs first and make sure the Bonus Tier isn't bugged before using up your attempts.
  • Options
    I brought all of my night sisters up to 5 star in about 6 weeks from just about nothing. They gave plenty of notice that this was coming.
  • Options
    Agreed...I was impressed with Mamma T
  • Options
    Definitely doable.
  • Options
    The only NS I had in the “purple” was Talia and she was g7, 6*. Everyone else was super lower gear: Blue and green. Didn’t lose a toon.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

no, until recently there was no good reason to farm acolyte. One could argue that the rework was announced a while back, then a while of nothing, then again announced, giving players enough time to get them all to atleast 5 stars. I'm currently 5 shards short because i only started farming after the last announcement, so it was/is definately doable.
    But lets not pretent that NS acolyte should have been farmed when you've been playing as long as the OP.

One has to realize by now that ALL the characters that the Devs have created will have a time and place in the game.
    Nobody that’s been playing since launch can say they didn’t know that they would eventually need certain toons for certain events.
    Unless you are new to the game you should have a deep roster by now.
    If you focus on one faction or just meta toons then you need to realize that at some point you will not have the teams for certain events.
    Look at the people that complained about TB because they focused on dark side.
    They will be ready for DS TB.
    The forums are awash with these silly comments about people being upset they are not ready.
    Every event is the same comments, “ I’m not ready, one toon is only farmable on one nod, the Devs don’t give enough notice”. And on and on and on.
    Sorry but if someone is ftp then they really have no say. You farm like the rest of us and take the long road.
    If you want that shiny new toon now then you pay.
    Pretty simple.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    +1!!
  • Options

People say this and it seems dumb. So much to do with that energy given the gear crunch. Stop being a fan boy
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

One has to realize by now that ALL the characters that the Devs have created will have a time and place in the game.
    Nobody that’s been playing since launch can say they didn’t know that they would eventually need certain toons for certain events.
    Unless you are new to the game you should have a deep roster by now.
    If you focus on one faction or just meta toons then you need to realize that at some point you will not have the teams for certain events.
    Look at the people that complained about TB because they focused on dark side.
    They will be ready for DS TB.
    The forums are awash with these silly comments about people being upset they are not ready.
    Every event is the same comments, “ I’m not ready, one toon is only farmable on one nod, the Devs don’t give enough notice”. And on and on and on.
    Sorry but if someone is ftp then they really have no say. You farm like the rest of us and take the long road.
    If you want that shiny new toon now then you pay.
    Pretty simple.

I farmed first order and got next to nothing. Farmed ewoks and have literally gotten nothing. But if you've farmed NS, you get a ton of events and gear. Only reason for this is because do few have NS. It's the devs manipulating the community for profit. Very understandable why people are tired of it.
  • Options
    I'll never know lol. Full auto baby.
  • Options
    I used the following with no mods with second try::
    Daka, 80, gear 9 (no zeta) - max star
    Talzin (L), 80, g8 (last 3 skills are level 7 only) - 5 star
    Asajj, 80, g5 (skills level in following order: 5,4,6,3,4) - max star
    Initiate,60, g7 (skills level in following order 3,4,3,3) - 6 star
    Talia, 60, g5 (skills level in following order 4,4,4,3) - 6 star

Agreed with TS. My tips:
    1) Stun leia
    2) Talzin need to go before old ben perform ability block
    3) Daka must survive so that she can keep reviving your dead toons
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options

Which is why I am now trying to work on my Separatist group. I have a feeling they will be important within the next few months.
    My gut feelings say First Order/Resistance November and December and Separatist starting the first of the year but that's just a guess
  • Options
    I'm also in Australia (AEST), and the event started today at 2pm, and has finished now. The other 2 events started at my payout time, 6pm.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    I am in Australia and it started at 5pm, just ended, I thought I could replay
  • Options
    Varlie wrote: »

Which is why I am now trying to work on my Separatist group. I have a feeling they will be important within the next few months.
    My gut feelings say First Order/Resistance November and December and Separatist starting the first of the year but that's just a guess

They've already rewarded those who farmed first order with next to nothing. Obviously, NS is more important than first order.
  • Options
    Great! Good to hear. Now I just need to get them 5* :persevere:
  • Options
    What makes them so much fun? Is it like zFinn Resistance? Good synergy, unique abilities? Curious :)