All things Nightsisters [MERGE]

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    What have you been boing if you have played since release?
    Shouldn’t you have farmed the hard to farm nods by now?

no, until recently there was no good reason to farm acolyte. One could argue that the rework was announced a while back, then a while of nothing, then again announced, giving players enough time to get them all to atleast 5 stars. I'm currently 5 shards short because i only started farming after the last announcement, so it was/is definately doable.
    But lets not pretent that NS acolyte should have been farmed when you've been playing as long as the OP.

One has to realize by now that ALL the characters that the Devs have created will have a time and place in the game.
    Nobody that’s been playing since launch can say they didn’t know that they would eventually need certain toons for certain events.
    Unless you are new to the game you should have a deep roster by now.
    If you focus on one faction or just meta toons then you need to realize that at some point you will not have the teams for certain events.
    Look at the people that complained about TB because they focused on dark side.
    They will be ready for DS TB.
    The forums are awash with these silly comments about people being upset they are not ready.
    Every event is the same comments, “ I’m not ready, one toon is only farmable on one nod, the Devs don’t give enough notice”. And on and on and on.
    Sorry but if someone is ftp then they really have no say. You farm like the rest of us and take the long road.
    If you want that shiny new toon now then you pay.
    Pretty simple.

Regardless of all that, the awnser to your previous question if he shouldn't have farmed the hard to farm nods by now is still no. However, ignoring the hint is on the player rather than on the requirements. Like i said, it was/is definately doable to have atleast 5x5* nightsisters. If it wasn't hinted, it would have been a waste of energy to farm NS Acolyte though.
    There will always be complaints about event requirements. Some more reasonable than others. Imo the only event that warrented complaints was the chimeara event, wich funnely enough didn't get complained about alot. I'm not one to complain because i think it's pointless, but if i was i would have about the chimeara. Same goes for if they ever make 1 hard node characters mandatory for an event. Gotta draw the line somewhere, unfortunately for me ea/cg went over my imaginary drawed line with the chimeara legendary event, but it is what it is. A nifty f2p player could have 7 starred all the other legendary events the first time around, with the chimeara that was nearly impossible. Stockpiling that many crystals is not reasonable, not even for a player who makes it his business to be prepared for (nearly) anything.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Varlie wrote: »

One has to realize by now that ALL the characters that the Devs have created will have a time and place in the game.

Which is why I am now trying to work on my Separatist group. I have a feeling they will be important within the next few months.
    My gut feelings say First Order/Resistance November and December and Separatist starting the first of the year but that's just a guess

Same, aswell as 5x7* bounty hunters.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if Plague gives us a 50% chance to reduce TM under an Asajj Zeta Lead?
  • Options
    t night I was full of excitement for the next day the talzin and nightsisters grind would continue. Safe to say this morning has been full of disappointment. The bonus tier should be changed from "continue playing" to "continue paying... a lot". I am one of the few who put in a lot of resources toward the NS 's they were my first team and I have them all (including acolyte and initiate) at 7* gr 10. And what do I get for my work with this initially terrible faction. An extra 10 talzin shards which won't even get her to 4 stars. I get that she is a special character and is in the same situation as Saxon, chaze, nihilus, and others but how can most of the meta consist of ftp characters and light side heavy yet this unique dark side character which really won't have an effect on the meta, be pay to play. I won't be paying 500 dollars to get her sadly however I feel that I and everyone that enjoys the NS faction deserve her at her best.
  • Options
    Link2440_ wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Plague gives us a 50% chance to reduce TM under an Asajj Zeta Lead?

Unlikely. The damage is probably the same Vader lead and DoTs, not attributed to any toon.
  • Options

If it does, then zAsajj>>>>Zader. Good question!
  • Options
    I liked the NS because it's not Rebels or troopers. Mother's animations are pretty cool and the undead feel of it all was fresh.
  • Options
    Remember when Palps Shock reduced TM? Wouldn't that be the same?
  • Options
    How would Plague affect TM removal under Asajj?

• aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I enjoyed the flash event and I hope it will a common occurrence
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    The bonus tier rewards zeta mats, not her character shards.
  • Options
    Don't be blue, you can get her to 7* pretty cheaply or free. It just takes time
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    I was disappointed too when Talzin shards came to a grinding halt.

I kinda thought I'd be able to get her 7 stars with the 5 7* Nightsisters I collected over the last 1 YEAR, 11 MONTHS!

• Options
    Do you mean when talzin attacks a plagued enemy it deals special damage to them as well? Or do you mean the plaguebearer unique? If the latter I would say it probably won’t do tm removal because it’s not a nightsister inflicting damage as such
  • Options
    I liked the NS because it's not Rebels or troopers. Mother's animations are pretty cool and the undead feel of it all was fresh.

Ironic turn of phrase there. But I agree - the event and synergies are cool. I used my owne NS team on the marquee event and it was a lot of fun. Talia and Ventress are nice pieces in the NS team with Talzin lead. And Momma T is one bad mother.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Remember when Palps Shock reduced TM? Wouldn't that be the same?

Actually it should remove TM and does unless something changed. In the description it states EP does damage to all shocked enemies at the end of his turn. EP is directly damaging them unlike plague, DoTs or TDs.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    moved to strategy section
  • Options
    New to the boards, but been playing for almost a year. In regards to farming the Nightsisters, do I need to have the OG Nightsisters at 7* in order to get Talzin, Zombie, and Spirit? If I'm reading correctly, Defense of Dathomir repeats, but you need at least 5* Nightsisters. Also, Ghosts of Dathomir repeats, and that's how you get Zombie and Spirit. Long and short of it, I'd rather not have to farm Initiate and Acolyte. Rather use Ventress, Daka, Talia, Zombie, and Spirit to farm Talzin. Is that possible, as I am also F2P (most of the time...)?
  • Options
    I don't think u will be able to 5 star quickly zombie and spirit in order to be able to farm talzin. I mean u can but that will make ur farming time even longer
  • Options
    Like the above poster said, you’d have to suspend MT farming and wait until the zombie and spirit event returns enough times for you to 5* both. Then you can resume MT farming.
  • Options
    Blerg. Well, I'm working on a ton of stuff right now, so I'm not gonna Panic Farm™ two Nightsisters I'll never use. Slow Farm™ it is!
  • Options
    why don't utilise the double drops first den slow farm. I think that will expedite a little depending on ur prorities of the other stuff to farm.

Also, if you don't mind, buy a few packs to star ur talzin to 5 star instead. That will allow you not to gear too high on initiate, acolyte and talia.
  • Options
    I'm mostly F2P, and up to my elbows in other farms. I'm using the double drops for Talia, but not gonna burn them on the others. I'll get there, eventually...
  • Options
    Been a long time since I farmed any of the NS, read the forums after playing for a month, and stopped. Until this month. WOOT!!!

Stocked up on 4 Cantina refreshes since Wednesday, got N.Acolyte from 2.5* to 4* with enough Cantina coins to buy Old Daka 3 times.

My NS team is just blah for now, all the activated ones combined have a GP of less than 24K. HA!

Cannon fodder for Hoth TB for now, but hopefully strong enough to be a reasonable team for a DS TBs.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    Ruivussan wrote: »
    I was disappointed too when Talzin shards came to a grinding halt.

I kinda thought I'd be able to get her 7 stars with the 5 7* Nightsisters I collected over the last 1 YEAR, 11 MONTHS!

I am sure they will be needed for the DS TB sort of like Phoenix squad is.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm close to maxing out MT - she's at 7*, X and has mediocre mods (+102 speed).

For kicks I ran her in my meta team, subbing out Thrawn for her. She's actually super fun to use. Almost like a cool version of EP with more tricks - but she's still really slow (+102 only gets her to 218, molasses) and Thrawn is a far better arena fit than her. Just wanted to test how she'd do as a plug & play toon (ala DN, Thrawn etc.)

Now separately my NS are just meh (all 7* or 6* with so so gear/mods) .. but putting her with NS in GW as a test was a lot of fun. No doubt this team is fun to run. Highly suspect they will challenge any meta but like Phoenix they are fun to use
  • Options
    Am I mistaken that all nightsister nodes have double drops on shards? Or everything except shards? Please help, thanks.
    image.png
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    you're getting double drops.
    3/15 = 20% droprate. I've seen worse
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    you're getting double drops.
    3/15 = 20% droprate. I've seen worse

I respectfully disagree. Every other time double drops happen, it says bonus on the shards picture like the other rewards.
  • Options
    Am I mistaken that all nightsister nodes have double drops on shards? Or everything except shards? Please help, thanks.
    image.png

Also @CG_Kozispoon , @CG_CapGaSP , i submitted this to the bugs section. When I was done filling in the fields and pressed the submit button, I didn’t get any verification as to whether or not the form was completed. I know you’re busy, so if it’s just a visual bug and it is dropping correctly for double drops, please let the playerbase know, or whatever steps are proper for the situation because I am ignorant to them. Thanks.