The whole Nightsister thing

Replies

• Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Everyone says they want the meta to change, then once it does they complain that it changed.

What people are really saying is they want the meta to shift to things they already own and have invested a billion pieces of gear into.

I think it means people have preferred the brief periods of time when we've had diverse metas. This is an awful meta because of how redundant it makes the game. I think change meta = I'm sick of fighting the same exact team in arena and GW day after day over and over.
    We've never had diverse metas.

The diversity in this game comes in the 500+ range of Arena or on leaderboards that are only a few weeks old. Later than or below that it's one top team and a handful of also-ran teams that are a little competitive, but not even close to being on top. Like, I play jedi right now and before that I played droids, and I'm in the process of converting over to Resistance so I can stick in the top 200 and keep getting 2 Arena shipments a day. All those teams--throw sith, Empire, and the Wedge-led teams that still show up--are competitive, but no where near the Luke-led meta at the top of my leaderboard or the scores of other mature boards out there.

Before Luke it was Thrawn, before Thrawn it was General Kenobi, before General Kenobi it was Biggs/Wedge/Chirrut/Baze/Someone Else, before them it was blah, blah, blah, blah. But there has never been a mythical golden age when there was healthy arena diversity. There's always been a top team that eventually gets eclipsed by a new top team, until they, in turn, are eclipsed by the new-new. The claims of "We had diversity once!" are mis-remembered nostalgia of those eclipse periods, when the new team was on the ascendency but the old team hadn't yet disappeared.

I disagree, arena was diverse before CLS, I didn't have any squads that were identical in my top 20, yes some we're close, but usually at least one off, and if your trying for the top 200, your either a relatively new player or your really bad at resource management, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say it's the former
  • Options
    Right before CLS was the most diverse I can remember the PvP meta.
    Still, inside top 50 was variations of 5 or 6 teams.
    Top 10 was Rex or Maul lead teams.
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

I’d argue in top 100 it was more diverse but you basically had the same triple cleanse or zMaul squads in top 20, or top 50 on old shards. An occasional full Jedi or FO or something. It wasn’t as diverse as you think, IMO.
  • Options

I’d argue in top 100 it was more diverse but you basically had the same triple cleanse or zMaul squads in top 20, or top 50 on old shards. An occasional full Jedi or FO or something. It wasn’t as diverse as you think, IMO.

But it sure isn’t diverse now. Before you could find some variation. CLS has vastly condensed the type of squads that can hold rank.
  • Options
    DRV wrote: »
    Just before CLS release was a truly diverse meta in my shard. Thrawn, Rex, Vader, Wedge, GK and Maul were all leaders in 1st place squads. Now, it's all CLS and one or 2 Rex.

Correct that was for sure one period. We have zJinn, Tarkin, GK, Rex, Thrawn, DN leads, and a few others sprinkled in there. The meta we have now is the worse plague the game has ever had in terms of impact to diversity. It's basically CLS / GK + Zarriss ... or Rex, which is the definition of monotony for arena over the past so many months.
  • Options
    MCThr33pio wrote: »
    I'm most curious to see what other Nightsisters they are bringing into the game - we've seen Mother Talzin (finally!) but the dev post specifically mentioned there would be 'several' new Nightsisters. Can't wait!

It's a lie. Talzin is gunna resurrect Han for Halloween, because, well, just because we need another Han.
  • Options
    Also, with so few Han's, why do we have 6 farmable falcons? Oh wait...
  • Boooo
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Alright, I have to hand it to the devs on this one. They actually brought that faction out of the unusable hole they came from. Mother Talzin's zeta will make them a force to be reckoned with, especially with all the revival going on. Besides that, theres sooo much more synergy with them, look at Initiate and Acolyte. Talia keeps them healed and running well, Ventress can give all the enemies plague with Talzin in the lead, and you can always use Daka (I would recommend only using her until you have Talzin's zeta, once Talzin has her zeta Daka is pretty much useless) for revival if all else fails. I gotta hand it to you devs, you made them a much better faction and as lethal and unkillable as they should be (considering they're night sisters) and you did it without adding too many zetas (making it too expensive to want to use them). I know I'll probably get some hate for actually liking the night sisters, but I think they're on their way to becoming quite a formidable faction. Can't wait to see stuff like this on other factions needing work, and I can't wait to be able to use the Nightsisters (especially Talzin). I look forward to more stuff like this!

Where are you seeing the new Nightsister toons and kits?
  • Boooo
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Sweet thanks!
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options

It was more diverse before DN and Sith rework...Vader was rising, some Maul, Rex etc.

After DN and Sith rework Vader got pushed out by Zaul and Rex tripple cleanse came in force to counter. DN was included in 75% of squads etc.

Then R2/CLS...
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Ruivussan wrote: »

Not tonight unfortunately, but barring any unexpected shenanigans, this game update should be ready to roll this week.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options

Not tonight unfortunately, but barring any unexpected shenanigans, this game update should be ready to roll this week.

Will we see what the update will contain tonight, or will that come later as well?
  • Kozispoon
    Options
    Omega_S021 wrote: »

Will we see what the update will contain tonight, or will that come later as well?

Game updates usually follow a client restart to your device.
    • You can follow the progress of a Game update by keeping an eye on the Game Update status post <<HERE>>.
    • Beforehand, Game Updates were pushed without any notification preceding it. Additionally, possible delays were likewise not announced. Hopefully, in this manner, this allows players to plan and anticipate accordingly.
    • Game Update notes are usually posted alongside that client update.
  • Iyaoyas
    120 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

• You can follow the progress of a Game update by keeping an eye on the Game Update status post <<HERE>>.
    • Beforehand, Game Updates were pushed without any notification preceding it. Additionally, possible delays were likewise not announced. Hopefully, in this manner, this allows players to plan and anticipate accordingly.

Usually....you didn’t answer the question. Just say no, the update notes will be out after the update goes live. Straight to the point is the best form of communication
  • Options

The illustrius Kozi replied to my comment! I am honored.
    Also, thank you for the info.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone says they want the meta to change, then once it does they complain that it changed.

What people are really saying is they want the meta to shift to things they already own and have invested a billion pieces of gear into.

I want metas to change when there is so little variety like there is now. And, Zarris teams are more annoying, and 'cheap' than Commander Luke ones right now.
  • Kozispoon
    Options
    @Omega_S021 I gotchoo fam.

@Iyaoyas If I responded as you suggest, it wouldn't be true. In rare cases where there are issues with an update, but Game Update notes are complete, they get posted first.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm just in it to continue hoarding Star Wars pixels on my mobile device really. I don't really care if nightsisters are meta changing or anything. That changes all the time. But was wondering...

-Is it a bunch of marquee events using borrowed characters to get new 3* nightsisters that will be required to get the Mother?

-Legendary event that requires separatist characters required to get the Mother? Dooku and Grievous killed the witches right (according to Star Wars wiki) since I be failed at every attempt to try and watch the Clone Wars cartoon.

-Need the five current nightsisters (that literally only the five happiest SWGOH people on Earth right now that happen to have them at 7*s and whatnot and just have to tell you all about it) at 7*, g9+, omega'd, 5 dot modded, level 85 to unlock?

1a32a9745980fa69d695fd37726235dc.gif

• Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

@Iyaoyas If I responded as you suggest, it wouldn't be true. In rare cases where there are issues with an update, but Game Update notes are complete, they get posted first.

No Ns thangs, but are we ready to Ewok 'N Roll?
  • Options
    Thanks for letting us know update won't be today Kozi! I saw the update to the update post, and had been checking in a ton thinking it was happening today. Glad to wait till tomorrow tho. One more day of peace before new panic farming starts
  • Options
    Iyaoyas wrote: »

Usually....you didn’t answer the question. Just say no, the update notes will be out after the update goes live. Straight to the point is the best form of communication

Two things you can always count on:
    1) A dude telling you which of the Star Wars are good.
    2) A dude telling a woman how to do her job better.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

<3
  • Options

Soooo, what you are saying is the the notes are not done...because you stated that the update is getting pushed into this week sometime....so why wouldn’t the answer to the dude that asked the question be a straight “ no, not tonight, later on.” Instead, you deflected like a crafty politician about how things are usually done. He didn’t ask how things are usually done. Don’t get me wrong kozi, I love your work as I love this game, just want straight answers. As a very close to launch player, communication has been very poor in the past, it’s getting better, but it’s not where it needs to be, otherwise you wouldn’t have a huge mega about comms.
  • Kozispoon
    edited October 2017
    Options

Soooo, what you are saying is the the notes are not done...because you stated that the update is getting pushed into this week sometime....so why wouldn’t the answer to the dude that asked the question be a straight “ no, not tonight, later on.” Instead, you deflected like a crafty politician about how things are usually done. He didn’t ask how things are usually done. Don’t get me wrong kozi, I love your work as I love this game, just want straight answers. As a very close to launch player, communication has been very poor in the past, it’s getting better, but it’s not where it needs to be, otherwise you wouldn’t have a huge mega about comms.

I think based on the content that's been released you're coming to conclusions that just aren't there. And that's ok! I'm always happy to break it down if I can.
    • Game Update hasn't been pushed. The Game update status post has not indicated a delay. If there is a delay, I'll be sure to update said post to indicate that. This is just your garden variety advance notice something is coming down the pipe.
    • I cannot provide hard dates and times as anything is liable to change, but I try to provide players with as much as I'm able in order for them to plan accordingly.
    • I don't want to pull someone who appears satisfied with my reply into this response, but I'm happy to speak with you. It is clear you're not happy with my reply and that's ok! I can't make everyone happy, but I do what I can with the restrictions applied to ensure what communication that can be given is provided.
    • I always viewed myself as more aggravatingly optimistic than crafty.
  • Options
    Wait, I'm confused. It sounded like a no, it won't be ready tonight. But then linked to a posts that makes it sound like it's coming tonight. Huh?
  • Options
    Wait, I'm confused. It sounded like a no, it won't be ready tonight. But then linked to a posts that makes it sound like it's coming tonight. Huh?

It's not coming tonight, but should be sometime this week.
  • Options

Two things you can always count on:
    1) A dude telling you which of the Star Wars are good.
    2) A dude telling a woman how to do her job better.

Can we leave the social commentary off of the Star Wars mobile game forums? Plenty of other outlets for you to be ridiculous.
  • Options
    @snowhut it's 2017 now, bro. Social commentary is more relevant than ever, even here.