The whole Nightsister thing

Prev13456720
Alright, I have to hand it to the devs on this one. They actually brought that faction out of the unusable hole they came from. Mother Talzin's zeta will make them a force to be reckoned with, especially with all the revival going on. Besides that, theres sooo much more synergy with them, look at Initiate and Acolyte. Talia keeps them healed and running well, Ventress can give all the enemies plague with Talzin in the lead, and you can always use Daka (I would recommend only using her until you have Talzin's zeta, once Talzin has her zeta Daka is pretty much useless) for revival if all else fails. I gotta hand it to you devs, you made them a much better faction and as lethal and unkillable as they should be (considering they're night sisters) and you did it without adding too many zetas (making it too expensive to want to use them). I know I'll probably get some hate for actually liking the night sisters, but I think they're on their way to becoming quite a formidable faction. Can't wait to see stuff like this on other factions needing work, and I can't wait to be able to use the Nightsisters (especially Talzin). I look forward to more stuff like this!
Ally code: 357613281
swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/

Replies

• Options
    we need to wait and see. if the damage they deal is weak, then they will be like ewoks, imperial troopers, and phoenix. i'm guessing this is just going to be hype and not change the meta one bit.
  • Options
    Oh I'm sure it won't change the meta. Removing stuff like CLS from meta or even countering it with another legendary toon will take a while. Maybe the new TLJ toon we're getting next month will change the meta a bit, but really the meta only sticks with legendary characters. I do still think that the Nightsisters are at least viable in stuff like raids and the Dark Side TB (still to be seen, but I would hope they are useful in that too), but they most likely won't heavily shift the meta at all (they might be used on arena squads now but its very unlikely that the meta will have anything to do with them). That said, they could still be at least useful now.
  • Options
    Everyone says they want the meta to change, then once it does they complain that it changed.

What people are really saying is they want the meta to shift to things they already own and have invested a billion pieces of gear into.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Everyone says they want the meta to change, then once it does they complain that it changed.

What people are really saying is they want the meta to shift to things they already own and have invested a billion pieces of gear into.

I agree. Thing is, the meta always has been (and always will be) based on legendary toons or difficult toons to farm, and that's why you just have to prioritize what you already want and prioritize, that way eventually you'll be prepared for every event that comes around.
  • hS_
    55 posts Member
    Options

I didn't want last meta to change I thought it was very good and balanced. But no, everybody wanted their goldenboy-luke even when nobody likes him and now that everybody has him they say its booring and need to change.
  • Options
    hS_ wrote: »

I didn't want last meta to change I thought it was very good and balanced. But no, everybody wanted their goldenboy-luke even when nobody likes him and now that everybody has him they say its booring and need to change.

Well even I can admit that watching Luke, chaze, zarriss, and all other stalling characters can be incredibly boring lol
  • Options
    Eh. Even Luke is manageable. Be faster and use zeta Rey with Resistance.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I just want to know if I have to keep farming acolyte
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

So @NicWester you mean more rebels? Because you could have just said... more rebels...
  • Options
    No, because the people who invested in rebels don't want the meta to change. It's the people who invested in Sith when they were meta that are champing at the bit to change the meta--so long as that change means it gets changed back to Sith and they don't have to farm up some new character that's even better than what they already have.

This forum and its denizens are pretty disingenuous most of the time, like we can't read between the lines or anything.
  • Options

I think it means people have preferred the brief periods of time when we've had diverse metas. This is an awful meta because of how redundant it makes the game. I think change meta = I'm sick of fighting the same exact team in arena and GW day after day over and over.
  • Options

I think it means people have preferred the brief periods of time when we've had diverse metas. This is an awful meta because of how redundant it makes the game. I think change meta = I'm sick of fighting the same exact team in arena and GW day after day over and over.

Exactly. Everyone in the top 50 run a variation of the exact same team. Luke, Chaze, R2-D2, GK
  • Options

We've never had diverse metas.

The diversity in this game comes in the 500+ range of Arena or on leaderboards that are only a few weeks old. Later than or below that it's one top team and a handful of also-ran teams that are a little competitive, but not even close to being on top. Like, I play jedi right now and before that I played droids, and I'm in the process of converting over to Resistance so I can stick in the top 200 and keep getting 2 Arena shipments a day. All those teams--throw sith, Empire, and the Wedge-led teams that still show up--are competitive, but no where near the Luke-led meta at the top of my leaderboard or the scores of other mature boards out there.

Before Luke it was Thrawn, before Thrawn it was General Kenobi, before General Kenobi it was Biggs/Wedge/Chirrut/Baze/Someone Else, before them it was blah, blah, blah, blah. But there has never been a mythical golden age when there was healthy arena diversity. There's always been a top team that eventually gets eclipsed by a new top team, until they, in turn, are eclipsed by the new-new. The claims of "We had diversity once!" are mis-remembered nostalgia of those eclipse periods, when the new team was on the ascendency but the old team hadn't yet disappeared.
  • Options
    Alright, I have to hand it to the devs on this one. They actually brought that faction out of the unusable hole they came from. Mother Talzin's zeta will make them a force to be reckoned with, especially with all the revival going on. Besides that, theres sooo much more synergy with them, look at Initiate and Acolyte. Talia keeps them healed and running well, Ventress can give all the enemies plague with Talzin in the lead, and you can always use Daka (I would recommend only using her until you have Talzin's zeta, once Talzin has her zeta Daka is pretty much useless) for revival if all else fails. I gotta hand it to you devs, you made them a much better faction and as lethal and unkillable as they should be (considering they're night sisters) and you did it without adding too many zetas (making it too expensive to want to use them). I know I'll probably get some hate for actually liking the night sisters, but I think they're on their way to becoming quite a formidable faction. Can't wait to see stuff like this on other factions needing work, and I can't wait to be able to use the Nightsisters (especially Talzin). I look forward to more stuff like this!

They still suck, but if they were REBELS, oh +100 Offense against Empire, +100 TM on a Critical Hit +90% Critical Chance and + 99% Critical Damage if any ally is wounded
  • Options

The diversity in this game comes in the 500+ range of Arena or on leaderboards that are only a few weeks old. Later than or below that it's one top team and a handful of also-ran teams that are a little competitive, but not even close to being on top. Like, I play jedi right now and before that I played droids, and I'm in the process of converting over to Resistance so I can stick in the top 200 and keep getting 2 Arena shipments a day. All those teams--throw sith, Empire, and the Wedge-led teams that still show up--are competitive, but no where near the Luke-led meta at the top of my leaderboard or the scores of other mature boards out there.

Before Luke it was Thrawn, before Thrawn it was General Kenobi, before General Kenobi it was Biggs/Wedge/Chirrut/Baze/Someone Else, before them it was blah, blah, blah, blah. But there has never been a mythical golden age when there was healthy arena diversity. There's always been a top team that eventually gets eclipsed by a new top team, until they, in turn, are eclipsed by the new-new. The claims of "We had diversity once!" are mis-remembered nostalgia of those eclipse periods, when the new team was on the ascendency but the old team hadn't yet disappeared.

Thrawn was never part of the meta. At least not in mine. I'm just personally sick of seeing Chaze.
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Just before CLS release was a truly diverse meta in my shard. Thrawn, Rex, Vader, Wedge, GK and Maul were all leaders in 1st place squads. Now, it's all CLS and one or 2 Rex.
  • Options
    DRV wrote: »
    Just before CLS release was a truly diverse meta in my shard. Thrawn, Rex, Vader, Wedge, GK and Maul were all leaders in 1st place squads. Now, it's all CLS and one or 2 Rex.
    Don’t forget the GK teams! There is no day that I don’t love fighting them
  • Options
    I wish there was balanced gameplay where every faction had a fair shot at being viable in all aspects of the game.

I think it is terribly disbalancing to have tunes that actively disregard the Established game mechanics. " can't be resisted " " can't be dispelled " make The game all the more disbalanced
  • Options
    My shard top 20 are CLS R2, and ships are now showing 6* Chimera in top 10, exclusively. People who had 6* fleets are being pushed back into 50’s making it hard for anyone 180k or less to advance now.
  • Options
    I'm most curious to see what other Nightsisters they are bringing into the game - we've seen Mother Talzin (finally!) but the dev post specifically mentioned there would be 'several' new Nightsisters. Can't wait!
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

There have been periods where our top 20 has been very diverse.
  • Options

No, what we want are choices. Don't shift from one meta to the next, but add to it so that everything is viable against something, checks and counters. A game with 800 characters can do it well, I'm sure this game can as well.
  • Options
    Geshtianna wrote: »

No, what we want are choices. Don't shift from one meta to the next, but add to it so that everything is viable against something, checks and counters. A game with 800 characters can do it well, I'm sure this game can as well.

Exactly. Also, what is irksome is that right now, the devs know exactly what kind of event Mother Talzin will have and what is required, and they are refusing to tell us due to either some algorithm or just some financial advisors that calculate what level of preparation that we have will earn the most $$.
  • Options
    So, how 'bout we just kill all metas.
    I'm thinking build in a specific vulnerability into each toon. Clones should deal an extra 25% damage to droids. Jedi could take an extra 25% damage from empire, while empire takes 25% more damage from rebels. Etc, across the board. It would create sort of a paper, rock, scissors thing.
  • Options
    I'm thinking build in a specific vulnerability into each toon. Clones should deal an extra 25% damage to droids. Jedi could take an extra 25% damage from empire, while empire takes 25% more damage from rebels. Etc, across the board. It would create sort of a paper, rock, scissors thing.

That's what DC Legends did, it isn't as effective as you would think. Also a lot of abilities in swgoh have this
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I just want to know if I have to keep farming acolyte

It either requires Night Sister or Separatist, so keep farming acolyte, because it looks like a legendary event and Talzin seems very decent so 7* all units is a must
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »

That's what DC Legends did, it isn't as effective as you would think. Also a lot of abilities in swgoh have this

I'd rather try it out than take your word for it. I say implement it and if it's horrible, just switch it back.
  • Options
    SwiftMooky wrote: »

I'd rather try it out than take your word for it. I say implement it and if it's horrible, just switch it back.

Well the game is free on the appstore if you want to try it out
  • Options
    SwiftMooky wrote: »

Well the game is free on the appstore if you want to try it out

No, I mean implement it within swgoh lol and see how it shakes out.
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I see many people complaining about stale meta teams. I know we have a few toons with built-in advantages over certain factions. I just think it would shake things up a bit if EVERY team had some sort of built-in weakness.
    It would have it's cons too, for instance, you'd be reluctant to have more than 1 toon from any faction on your arena team, which would make use of synergy difficult.
    Switching PvP arena to a points system might help.
    Idk, just throwing some ideas out there.