Pop up crystal sale and Boba Fett pack [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    I just got the pop up, you will too....just relax.
  • Options

[img][/img]4ceea7-1514311773.png

• Options
    Got the $100 USD iTunes for $85 deal on either amazon to buy a vault of crystals with 25% bonus crystals specifically, or excited to have collected gift cards on Christmas to spend on favorite mobile game... Then shopping and gaming experience ruined on Christmas.

throne_of_lies_elf.gif

• jedibaer71
    578 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    109,99 € for 15.710 crystals
  • Robertjedi305
    8 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I have been playing straighg for the last 2 days with 80 dollars worth of gift cards and they have still not poped out for me wtk
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    100$ ???

i read always hundred DOLLARS...

very interesting! if i want to buy a 15.710 crystal pack, it would cost 109,99 EURO!!!

~~~ 130 $ !!! in words: one hundred and thirty dollars

30% extra for the same pack!!!

i would pay always more, also if i had a popup offer every day!!

and i was an **** to believe, that the prices would be equal for all players, so we all have the same conditions...

Currency exchange 101, euros aren't dollars, lol. You pay for exchange. You can buy for $100 or convert your euro, which will cost more than 100 dollars.
  • Notorious
    31 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

EURUSD at 1.18 and you have to pay more? That makes no sense. The Dollar is weak and has been for a year and you're being charged as if it's strong.
  • Options

That’s ridiculous. Places EU players at a disadvantage. Price gouging? Your promo wouldn’t even match our normal price.
  • Options
    Notorious wrote: »

EURUSD at 1.18 and you have to pay more? That makes no sense. The Dollar is weak and has been for a year and you're being charge as if it's strong.

VAT in EU. That’s why.
  • Options
    Ankh wrote: »
    This is about the Boba Fett offer NOT Crystals...

Just got off the phone with EA support. I opened a ticket for the popup offers NOT appearing over the 2 day event.

Support rep states that he does not know of the promotion but they have a bunch of new tickets and calls from SWGoH. I explain that my son and I watched our accounts for 2 days waiting to give them money for the BobA Fett pack.

Support rep states that he needs to reach out to the lead for that product (SWGoH). At this point I realize he does not know about the promotions that were offered (several ignorant statements/questions), but doing his best to find answers.

Rep comes back and states that the Crystal popup promotion was pulled due to a misprint.

I explained AGAIN that I am not calling about the Crystal promotion, but I would like to know why some received the Boba Fett promotion for $9 and others did NOT.

Support rep states that Boba should be available today in store. I explained that the only Boba offer today (for me) is the Slave 1 bundle for $40. This is certainly NOT the same package.

Support rep states that they will most likely offer the same promotions via the store since there was an issue with the delivery, but I should go to the EA Answers page for SWGoH and lodge a complaint so that the product lead/owners for that product will see that there is an issue.

I asked if there will be any kind of a follow up on this issue. The rep politely requested taht I go to the EA answers page for my product and raise an issue on that page/site.

AND that's where this sits...

The EA support representative was very polite and tried to find the information that I wanted, but he was unfamiliar with the product or the promotions offered that he is supporting and when given a blanket answer for the crystal promotion, did not understand what I was talking about.

Ticket closed with no resolution or answers.

Don't bother with EA support. I opened a ticket when I couldn't get my free Kylo. 7 days later I closed the ticket because I solved the issue myself by clearing my app data. A solution I got from Reddit and the Forums, obviously something that was well above EA supports pay grade and know how.
  • Options
    Well i'm not happy been waiting 2 days for a pop up too so i decided to test a theory. I went to the store and bought the cheapest pack there (the 220 crystal one). Within 2 mins of purchasing i got the popup for the chest of crystals as i expected. Seems to me the idea of the marketing is, give people hope for a popup, wait for them to give up and purchase crystals for regular price and then tempt them to get the deal after they have payed full price. I'm speechless........
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    Usually the platforms (Apple and google play) translate the app prices from USD into local currencies using a set exchange rate and include any applicable sales or VAT taxes for the developers. I am not sure that EA uses this, but most developers do as keeping up with exchange rates for 155+ countries is time consuming. The platforms change the exchange rate when needed to reflect changes in exchange rates etc. For example, Apple increased prices for apps for the UK after the value of the British Pound fell due to the Brexit vote.
  • Options
    Zaraos wrote: »
    Well i'm not happy been waiting 2 days for a pop up too so i decided to test a theory. I went to the store and bought the cheapest pack there (the 220 crystal one). Within 2 mins of purchasing i got the popup for the chest of crystals as i expected. Seems to me the idea of the marketing is, give people hope for a popup, wait for them to give up and purchase crystals for regular price and then tempt them to get the deal after they have payed full price. I'm speechless........

Its not 100% accurate. I bought a $100 and still havent gotten anything.

You can still be speechless tho.

~D
  • Options
    Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    Usually the platforms (Apple and google play) translate the app prices from USD into local currencies using a set exchange rate and include any applicable sales or VAT taxes for the developers. I am not sure that EA uses this, but most developers do as keeping up with exchange rates for 155+ countries is time consuming. The platforms change the exchange rate when needed to reflect changes in exchange rates etc. For example, Apple increased prices for apps for the UK after the value of the British Pound fell due to the Brexit vote.

I forgot about VAT
  • Options
    Well. Looks like this was what it was supposed to say all along...Apparently it was a typo. We were never supposed to be able to purchase a vault.

Holiday 25% Bonus Crystal Bundle
    Note that this offer is available via the pop up ad ONLY and not in the Store. In order to access this offer, please tap on the pop up offer when it appears. This offer will reappear occasionally for players who have NOT purchased the bundle.

This bundle contains an additional 25% crystals (3,500 vs 2,800) compared to the normal store bundle.

So I guess I will keep my $100 google credit now...Or spend it on a more deserving app...
  • Options
    I saw it pop up once and closed it on accident, its been days since and I cant get it to come back no matter what I do, can anyone help?
  • Options
    SMTyler wrote: »
    I saw it pop up once and closed it on accident, its been days since and I cant get it to come back no matter what I do, can anyone help?

Buy a 220 crystal pack, wait 5 mins and it should come up. That's what i did after waiting 2 days of nothing (Try at your own risk)
  • Options
    Metallized wrote: »
    myea8017 wrote: »
    Here's what I think happened...

In an effort to create a spending frenzy EA created this ad to pop up for a very small portion of the population in order to increase the rate by which we play while simultaneously putting on desired packs and events that would drive consumers to purchase currency at regular price because they have been staring at it all day and are scared they will lose the deal. We have the omega packs, g12 packs and increased drops from chromium on a limited time schedule so the assumption is people wait for ads, never seem them, impulse buy the regular packs to get the goods. There assumption is they will make more by creating this awkward and obviously false ad to promote regular pack spending and then make us all feel better after the holiday by saying sorry and putting the packs in the pack store where we all go about out business and purchase as if nothing ever happened. Touchè

I agree. I almost took the bait too, and I am sure many did. However, now I am reevaluating how much I spend on this game, and how addicted I have become. I missed out on a lot of fun with my family on Christmas just cause I kept having to check the game for a dumb popup. Just think how much you spend on a new toon, and then gear to make that toon viable. It's very frustrating, and I play this game for fun, not frustration.

The problem is that their whole model is built around frustration
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    Options

Buy a 220 crystal pack, wait 5 mins and it should come up. That's what i did after waiting 2 days of nothing (Try at your own risk)

what popped? The $19.99 pack or the vault ($99)?
  • Options
    Twi wrote: »

The vault will never pop, it was a 'typo'
  • Options
    Bought 4.99 today to see if anything popped up, and yet again nothing..oh well spend the cards elsewhere, good luck peeps hope you get the bonus.
  • Options
    I just want the boba bundle more than anything but still no pop up
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Broosh wrote: »

from the mod's post i'd say it wasn't intended as a typo, just a revision to how they appear to be working. the intent hasn't been clarified yet.

• Options

from the mod's post i'd say it wasn't intended as a typo, just a revision to how they appear to be working. the intent hasn't been clarified yet.

By definition, typo's aren't intentional. They're typographical errors.
  • Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

By definition, typo's aren't intentional. They're typographical errors.

Tel that to kanjiclub CG. They also think " random " means most people don't know. Also "General" means "current" etc
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Options

Also tried this, doesn't work. Don't waste your time or $2
  • Options
    I’m dropping a hondo for a vault and EFF anyone that gets in my way
  • Options
    i seen boba promo 3 times now. no crystal pops yet.
  • Options
    Can’t wait till it’s re-written “due to players complaining about the spam of pop ups with out the holiday bonus, we reduced it/nullified it. We re listening.”

Then we somehow say ea is greedy but doesn’t want our money. I tell you this is quite the rollercoaster of emotions for me.