Need a little newbie help here

Replies

• Options
    The game warns you if you try to enter with a partial squad, but if you try a second time it will let you in with only one character.

And you have to watch out and make sure you don't use AoE during the 0 damage period. Also avoid sending in any unit that can counter.
  • Options
    Amaze m8, I fear you are falling into the same pitfalls that have presented themselves to you previously. You are ahead in levels of those around you atm, but very soon you are going to see those around you switch to meta squads (albeit low gear/lvl), they will present you with problems though
  • Options
    amaze122 wrote: »
    @Naraic thanks for the guide, very helpful!

Also, 'ppreciate the insights on "levels".

Had a bit of a problem recently I entered the Rancor Raid for my Guild, and now that I have Two characters at 7*, it would not let me just use one, I Could Not Enter unless I "chose" both.

Then, even though I only clicked on the side Pigs, of course Lando's power is AOE, and so I caused damage (the rule is "0" damage the first 24 hrs).

How could I have avoided this, since the game would Not let me enter with only one of my 7* characters?

so if you only use 1 an error message pops up but if you click start again it will let you use just the one character
  • Options
    @kindlekm and @Therion thanks, I am going to explain what happened to my Guild m8s and tell them that I now have the solution. Hopefully you have saved me, because they just booted out a guy (even though he had over a million points to my eight thousand) who Also violated the "0" damage rule, and they were debating whether to kick out another. I better get back in there before they start discussing me....

@Halfbaked don't worry, I see the future also. Although I am having fun for now, I am also devoting All spare resources now to Phoenix. In fact today alone I raised both Ezra And Hera up one * level.

The ugly "refresh cap" monster reared its ugly head though (I now need 200 crystals to refresh my Cantina energy) and so I will probably not be able to do Anything else until at least 6pm tomorrow... :|
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Okay thanks, everyone, apparently my Guild accepted my explanation (they hardly Ever do me the "honor" of directly speaking to me), because even though those other guys were kicked out for early Rancor damage, I wasn't.

Well GW is up to it's old tricks; this is the latest Unbeatable team...

First as you can see, they have Chaze, and you can see the Omegas that have been applied. Next on the Omega'd up list is Wedge, and even Biggs' "Cadet's Aim" skill is Maxed Out. The only one with no Omegas was Kylo, who apparently they just threw in to maybe give me a little break, a slim chance among the unbeatable odds...

[img][/img]f5DSGoM.png

[img][/img]VZNDOfr.png

owwsajK.png

[img][/img]M1HNPhQ.png

Now This is my A-team, even though they were dead already, Just before I got "The Unbeatables".

Rey, Kylo, and Boba all have one Omega apiece, and Lando has Two and they are now all at Gear Level IX, but I really do not think they would have stood a chance against these guys anyway.

[img][/img]99WnW62.png

Fact: the other enemy character's mere presence was total overkill, since Wedge fired the first shot, totally Obliterating most of my team anyway!

• kindlekm
    54 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Okay thanks, everyone, apparently my Guild accepted my explanation (they hardly Ever do me the "honor" of directly speaking to me), because even though those other guys were kicked out for early Rancor damage, I wasn't.

First as you can see, they have Chaze, and you can see the Omegas that have been applied. Next on the Omega'd up list is Wedge, and even Biggs' "Cadet's Aim" skill is Maxed Out. The only one with no Omegas was Kylo, who apparently they just threw in to maybe give me a little break, a slim chance among the unbeatable odds...

SNIP

sorry to say but your A team has 0 synergy with each other can you post your roster again , you may have to forget about completing GW until you can get a decent squad set up (phoenix , old rebels , empire etc)
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Ggalactic war is supposed to be tough. It's supposed to throw up teams that are stronger than you and you are supposed to use teams that work well together to beat them.

Your team doesn't synergise well. Only 3 of your characters benefit from your leaders ability.

I hate to be harsh but you are supposed to be struggling.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @Naraic and @kindlekm , before this, I had just gotten to where I was Finishing GW, then I guess...it adapted, like you say.

@Naraic, you said;
    "Your team doesn't synergise well. Only 3 of your characters benefit from your leaders ability."

Besides the leader, there are Only four characters, why can't three be enough?

Plus it is widely accepted that one Can create teams that work well together without being in the same faction;
    "AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Early focus on certain factions... absolutely. But even focusing on factions won't guaranty any real synergy. Nor does it guaranty that the squad is even remotely good. As an extreme example.... focusing on the Rebel faction is broadly considered to be a good choice. However, using Lobot as the leader of your Rebels brings absolutely no Rebel synergy to the table unless you're also running the Rebel driods (Chopper, K-2SO, and R2-D2). And that just doesn't seem like a very good squad composition to me.
    My point is, synergy can be a very good thing (the Wedge/Biggs synergy is just silly good... Phoenix basically doesn't function without the synergy of sharing their uniques... lots of other examples). But, monolithic single-faction synergy isn't necessarily the best path."

Basically, I have a three AOE team, with one attacker (7* Rey) whose attacks are almost all "one shot kills", and one of the AOE being able to resurrect, (sometimes as many as three times, but most of the time two) making him like Two AOE characters in one. Add to that Chopper, who dispels buffs and calls assists and is an Excellent tank (more so when I get him to 7*, I am sure).

And before someone points out that Baze is better, Chopper is the one that I Have; I don't have Baze, maybe sometime in the future, but being F2P, I must focus on the Now...

So you see, I did have a Plan. Even though I am focusing now on Phoenix, since I am almost at my goal of all 6* for all my Phoenix members. Everyone says that will make a huge difference.

I hope so...
    Post edited by amaze122 on
  • Options
    At your level in arena, you will start to see a drop off of phoenix and start seeing an increase in empire. Having said that, keep your focus on phoenix, as that will get you palatine and thrawn.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    The best teams for getting through the beginning GW nodes are ones that self heal or get continuous healing from someone, or better yet, also restore protection. This is one of the reasons many people find Phoenix good for GW in early stages. The point being, you can get a team to node 11 or 12 with full health and full or partial protection.

I hope this was mentioned to you, but you also really need to preload turnmeter on secondary teams during the very beginning nodes. Pepper 1 or 2 people in the team from a secondary team you will want to use per each node, then take them out (and don't use their specials). Then when you swap them in on node 12, they will go first. For a while I did this with my A team while using a self healing B team to get through node 11.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    @Naraic and @kindlekm , before this, I had just gotten to where I was Finishing GW, then I guess...it adapted, like you say.

@Naraic, you said;
    "Your team doesn't synergise well. Only 3 of your characters benefit from your leaders ability."

Besides the leader, there are Only four characters, why can't three be enough?

Plus it is widely accepted that one Can create teams that work well together without being in the same faction;

The leader is one of the characters that benefits from the leader ability. So its 3 out of 5 not 5 out of 5.

The 5 main meta teams at the moment are

Palpatine lead with 4 empire characters or 3 empire characters and kenobi who is just so awesome that rules don't apply to him.

Jedi Training Rey with bb8 r2d2 thrawn and general Kenobi (again thrawn and kenobi are just so awesome rules don't apply)

CLS Raid Han r2d2 General Kenobi Thrawn (again thrawn and kenobi are just so awesome normal rules don't apply)

Full Nightsisters or 4 nightsisters and kenobi

Rex lead 4 other characters

What do you see above? For me its that the only characters who get to buck faction are amazingly awesome or there's a leader that benefits all allies with their leader ability. Faction is important but not essential the leader ability covering most of the party is important too.

In most of the cases where the leader ability doesn't cover everyone the leader ability is especially good or r2dw is giving everyone sided a buff through his zeta.

Your leader ability says something like this

Scoundrel and Rebel allies gain 15 Speed and 29% Critical Damage.

So its a buff for lando, a buff for chopper and a buff for boba. Rey and Kylo don't get anything so you just have to decide are they awesome enough to do without buffs?
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    AOE squads are a bad match up against Chase Biggs, as each AOE will cause Baze and Churrit to counterattack and potentially fill Biggs time meter. That is a lot of extra attacks to try to withstand with having a healer and/or a tank in the team that can absorb the damage.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Discovered this cool place that I am sure you all already know about, (http://apps.crouchingrancor.com) but when I put in my info I get this error message, even though the site recognizes me as amaze122.

[img][/img]Q6OYWm0.png

This site was supposed to be able to look at my game profile and give me squad suggestions that maybe were right in front of me but being overlooked by me. But I have been trying for more than 7 hours now...
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Discovered this cool place that I am sure you all already know about, (http://apps.crouchingrancor.com) but when i put in my info I get this error message, even though the site recognizes me as amaze122...

[img][/img]Q6OYWm0.png

You need to use the mods importer tool, just follow the instructions on the crouching rancor site. Don't know if swgoh.gg will ever remove the limit on crouching rancor.
  • Options
    Hmmn... Does Life even really Get any better than this?! :o<3

[img][/img]LV9Mgek.jpg

• Options
    @amaze122 congrats. That's quite an accomplishment. What team did you use?
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    I honestly do not remember. But I just went back and looked at the requirements, which were "Empire team, 5* or higher", and well..These-->> are the only guys I have that fill that criteria. I also have StromTrooper, but he is only 3*

[img][/img]cYTbokX.jpg

• Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Thanks, guys! NMUvSdr.jpg

• amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    What does it take for this guy (Darth Vader), to become awesome (or even relevant)? As you can see his unique is almost at max, and yet his "Terrifying Swing" (you know, where he Throws his LightSaber) thus far is the only reason to have him on a team, it almost always kills, even at only level 3..

ZiVAk91.jpg

lMuv2SD.jpg

• Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    Usually, it takes a zeta for him to be awesome. On high-level shards, EzPz is the current meta (Double zeta Emperor lead, Vader, Nihilus is usually the core, with a mixture of people using Sion, Sith Trooper, Thrawn or GK as the last 2.
  • Options
    Thanks, @Sunnie1978
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    What does it take for this guy (Darth Vader), to become awesome (or even relevant)? As you can see his unique is almost at max, and yet his "Terrifying Swing" (you know, where he Throws his LightSaber) thus far is the only reason to have him on a team, it almost always kills, even at only level 3..

Culling blade is the technique where he throws his light sabre.

Vader is very fast too.

I have a Palpatine leader so a mirror match is decided by which of us have the faster vader. I start with a force crush put a few debuffs then he gets to go again because of this part of the Palpatine leadership

When an Empire ally inflicts a debuff during their turn, they gain 20% Turn Meter.

I usually then use culling blade to trigger this part of the Palpatine leadership and expire a few debuffs, hopefully do some some damage too

When a debuff on an enemy expires, Empire and Sith allies gain 5% Turn Meter.

Usually then the rest of my team will be 100% and I can fire off Palpatine's mass stun.

• Kivrin
    40 posts Member
    Options
    @amaze122 congrats on unlocking R2, he's a dynamic toon that does great on so many different squads
  • Options
    Vader is excellent at burst damage and enemy turn manipulation in arena when his first 3 abilities are omega-d, and great as a raid leader when his leader ability has a zeta.

In arena on an Empire/Sith team, he almost always goes first. Then his basic can be used to ability block a crucial enemy, his area attack can spread debuffs and slow down the enemy (and also heals him to full under a Palpatine lead), and when there are already debuffs on enemies, culling blade can do enough damage to kill a character instantly. And due to the effects of a Palpatine lead, Vader can often do his area attack, then culling blade, then if the character died from culling blade Vader goes a third time to ability block. It’s a very powerful opening combination, and if Palpatine has a zeta on his leadership, then everyone else on the team got bonus turn meter as well.
  • amaze122
    305 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @Kivrin, thanks. :)

@Naraic and @Kai_Mulai thanks for giving me even more useful information about Vader. Together with the info from Sunnie1978, I am incorporating this into my present and future strategies involving Vader and my other Sith/Empire characters.. B)

A question: Will I Ever be able to get shards for Amilyn Holdo and the First Order Executioner, or are these Ridiculously priced shards to be all there ever will be? :/

2VHrUt4.jpg

Oh yeah and least I forget: I sometimes go back to the start of this thread in order to re-live old advice. This is because forum members used to berate me so much when they had to Repeat advice that they had already given me.

I recently read a study on https://www.worklearning.com about why people forget, and it turns out it was not my fault, (or just because I am old, heheheh) ;) ).

It turns out that;
    "Learners who have more prior knowledge in a topic area are likely to be better able to remember new concepts learned in that area."

"Learners who are asked to retrieve information shortly after learning it will retrieve more than learners who are asked to retrieve information a long time after learning it."

Lastly on this subject, there are these concepts to also keep in mind;
    (1) "People forget 40% of what they learned in 20 minutes and 77% of what they learned in six days". ( (http://www.festo-didactic.co.uk/gb-en/news/forgetting-curve-its-up-to-you.htm?fbid=Z2IuZW4uNTUwLjE3LjE2LjM0Mzc).

(2) "People forget 50-80% of what they’ve learned after one day and 97-98% after a month."(http://www.adm.uwaterloo.ca/infocs/study/curve.html)

But anyway, as I was perusing these old posts, I came across this "sage" advice from my friend TVF, LoL;

[img][/img]W9oRCCI.jpg

I hate to break it to ya buddy, but I run completely out of training droids approximately Every Four Days, and money every Three Days. :D And this Includes Fleet droids and Fleet money! (And yes, I do the training droid and credit heist challenges at the highest tier, before you ask)

Hey, maybe your advice was for someone who does not play Five times a day, Every day, the way that I do. ;)

Post edited by amaze122 on
  • Options
    He is right, don't buy training droids , they are a waste. Now i suggest you to always complete daily challenges fully, cause in fleet arena you get 150 sims.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    A question: Will I Ever be able to get shards for Amilyn Holdo and the First Order Executioner, or are these Ridiculously priced shards to be all there ever will be? :/

[img][/img]W9oRCCI.jpg

I believe that the typical release cadence are

Marquee event

6 weeks

Shipment store

6 weeks

Farmable location
    [img][/img]W9oRCCI.jpg

I hate to break it to ya buddy, but I run completely out of training droids approximately Every Four Days, and money every Three Days. :D And this Includes Fleet droids and Fleet money! (And yes, I do the training droid and credit heist challenges at the highest tier, before you ask)

Usually money is the limiting factor rather than training droids. I would bet that you have more charactered levelled up that would be normal at your stage of progression and your mods are worse most at your stage. 5 dot mods aren't enough you always need to replace them with better 5 dot mods.

Mods are the credit sink that leaves people crying out for something to do with their training droids.
  • Options
    @Naraic thanks for the release cadence info...
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    You're not even near end game yet, the advice from TVF may not be applicable to you right now but I too can guarantee you'll have training droids coming out of your ears eventually.

Maybe you should slow down on leveling the non essential characters. At the rate you're going, you're running out of droids and credits and that'll probably mean you can't keep the most essential characters at max level(I.e Arena Squad)