Sith Raid character speculation

Replies

• If you could only have 1, I wonder who people would want in the game more: Bane or Revan? That's a really tough call for me, but I'd probably go Bane
  • srgj88 wrote: »
    If you could only have 1, I wonder who people would want in the game more: Bane or Revan? That's a really tough call for me, but I'd probably go Bane

I want Zannah. Obliterates a guys hand with sorcery.
  • Sion will be a Marque Event.
    Nihilus, Sion, Sith Marauder, Sith Trooper & Sith Assassin will be needed for Legendary Event for Traya.

Raid reward will be Meetra Surik.
    Both Raids have you face DS characters to win shards for a LS character who was synonymous with them.
    Rancor - HS.
    Grievous/AAT - GK.
    Sith Triumvirate - Meetra Surik.

For those saying that there are no canon images, she's in SWTOR Chapter 3 Jedi Knight Story Line.

But when have we ever needed 5 specifics for a legendary event? Only for heroes journey. To get thrawn you needed any phoenix. Palpatine needed any rebels. Chimera needed any rebel ships. R2 needed any empire. Bb8 any fo.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Tyrael1701 wrote: »
    But when have we ever needed 5 specifics for a legendary event? Only for heroes journey. To get thrawn you needed any phoenix. Palpatine needed any rebels. Chimera needed any rebel ships. R2 needed any empire. Bb8 any fo.

Thrawn is a prime example, 5/6 Phoenix needed, effectively making that Event 6 specific characters.
    When BB-8 came out there were only 5 FO characters, so that Event needed 5 specific characters, at that time.
    *EDIT: Oops, forgot about R2, but that doesn't change the premise.

Either way, same end result. Perhaps it won't be a Legendary, could be a Mythic? Could be Hero's Journey, as you suggest. Kreia to Traya, perhaps? The Fall of a Hero, much like DS Anakin? Perhaps they won't be necessary & any Sith will do?

The point I was making was more about the Raid Reward anyway, as that is what this thread is for. So, regardless of any Traya Event, I still fully expect the Sith Triumvirate reward to be the LS character who was most associated/synonymous with them, as per the 2 previous instances & that has to be Meetra Surik.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018

Thrawn being a prime example. 5/6 Phoenix needed to complete, effectively making that a 6 character only Event.
    BB-8 the same. I initially thought there were only 5 FO when his Event came out but forgot about R2 so, same as Phoenix, made it a 6 character only Event, at that time.

Perhaps it won't be a Legendary, perhaps it will be a Mythic. Could be a completely new category of Event. Could even be some sort of mirror image of the Hero's Journey, for the fall of a Hero, as is being suggested for DS Anakin? Kreia to Traya, perhaps?
    Perhaps we'll get a TOR genre/category for characters in the QoL update and they will be the only ones allowed? We already have a GR.
    Perhaps they liked the way the Thrawn/Phoenix Squad based Event went and decided to do another, rather than making it Faction specific?
    Perhaps those 5 won't be needed & any Sith will do.

Either way, we could speculate on that all day long with no real evidence to support any probably theories, but it's not really the point I was making.
    The point was regarding speculation of the Raid rewards, as that's what this thread is about &, regardless of any Traya Event or not, I firmly believe that the Sith Triumvirate Raid will reward shards for the LS character most associated/synonymous with the DS characters that you face in it, as evidenced in both of the 2 existing Raid instances. That just has to be Meetra Surik

If the Raid was going to reward a DS character, then it would/should have you facing LS enemies.
    Balance in The Force and all that? ;-)

Post edited by DaWitchIzDed on
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018

Thrawn being a prime example. 5/6 Phoenix needed to complete, effectively making that a 6 character only Event.
    BB-8 the same. I initially thought there were only 5 FO when his Event came out but forgot about R2 so, same as Phoenix, made it a 6 character only Event, at that time.

Perhaps it won't be a Legendary, perhaps it will be a Mythic. Could be a completely new category of Event. Could even be some sort of mirror image of the Hero's Journey, for the fall of a Hero, as is being suggested for DS Anakin? Kreia to Traya, perhaps?
    Perhaps we'll get a TOR genre/category for characters in the QoL update and they will be the only ones allowed? We already have a GR.
    Perhaps they liked the way the Thrawn/Phoenix Squad based Event went and decided to do another, rather than making it Faction specific?

Either way, we could speculate on that all day long with no real evidence to support any probable theories, but it's not really the point I was making.
    The point was regarding speculation of the Raid rewards, as that's what this thread is about &, regardless of any Traya Event or not, I firmly believe that the Sith Triumvirate Raid will reward shards for the LS character most associated/synonymous with the DS characters that you face in it, as evidenced in both of the 2 existing Raid instances. That just has to be Meetra Surik

If the Raid was going to reward a DS character, then surely it would/should have you facing LS enemies.

Post edited by DaWitchIzDed on
  • srgj88 wrote: »
    If you could only have 1, I wonder who people would want in the game more: Bane or Revan? That's a really tough call for me, but I'd probably go Bane

Bane in his obelisk armor for sure
  • Tyrael1701 wrote: »

Either way, we could speculate on that all day long with no real evidence to support any probable theories, but it's not really the point I was making.

If the Raid was going to reward a DS character, then surely it would/should have you facing LS enemies.

Nah man, Traya/Kreia hated the Force. Why have balance when you can destroy the whole thing? ;)
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I see Sion as a hermit-Yoda-like character. Infinite revives while other teammates are alive, and in the end, he insta-kills the opponent that lands the finishing blow on him. Draw match; unless you have another teammate. Otherwise, debuffs would be consumed for speed, health, and/or power like Fulcrum.
  • I see Sion as a hermit-Yoda-like character. Infinite revives while other teammates are alive, and in the end, he insta-kills the opponent that lands the finishing blow on him. Draw match; unless you have another teammate. Otherwise, debuffs would be consumed for speed, health, and/or power like Fulcrum.
    How is that like hermit yoda?
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Always last one standing (due to revive as opposed to being in seclusion) and then ability to cause a draw. Was thinking more mechanically than character-wise. When thinking about implementation of a character, I ask myself what would the character bring to the game as far as functionality.
  • Bane in his obelisk armor for sure

การเลี้ยงแมว Marvel
  • Nah man, Traya/Kreia hated the Force. Why have balance when you can destroy the whole thing? ;)
    lmao - feel you!
  • Oh my, are we still trying to guess all this?

The final reveal will be fun to see, as will the community reaction to it.

*grabs popcorn*
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Anybody else feel there is a chance that only sith characters can be used in this raid? The marauder reveal said something about helping us prepare for the sith raid. Factions have had bonuses before, but they've never stressed a raid as being faction specific like this before, have they? Marauder gives us exactly enough sith for 2 full squads... though the lord of pain thing today hints that we may have 11 or 12 by the time the raid goes live.

Well - AAT raid has bonuses for Jedi & Jawa teams. Perhaps this new raid will have Sith bonuses.

Seems odd that an entire raid will be restricted to only sith toons/teams
  • Boo wrote: »
    Anybody else feel there is a chance that only sith characters can be used in this raid? The marauder reveal said something about helping us prepare for the sith raid. Factions have had bonuses before, but they've never stressed a raid as being faction specific like this before, have they? Marauder gives us exactly enough sith for 2 full squads... though the lord of pain thing today hints that we may have 11 or 12 by the time the raid goes live.

Well - AAT raid has bonuses for Jedi & Jawa teams. Perhaps this new raid will have Sith bonuses.

Seems odd that an entire raid will be restricted to only sith toons/teams

That would make it impossible.
  • I think it'd be cool. I like anything that is faction specific and rewards for that faction. What better way to capture the feel of the infighting between the ancient sith? Just wishful thinking on my part though, I'm sure.

Just seems odd that it's called a sith raid as opposed to the triumvirate raid or the Traya raid or the Lord of Pain raid. Other raids are known by the bosses, where this one is denoted by faction.... maybe "triumvirate" just doesn't roll of the tongue very well, and I'm reading way too far into it.
  • Well, theoretically Sith as bonus would be plausible. Yet, currently I don‘t believe it is happening.
    While there has been a lot of infighting my thoughts are along the line: we‘re fighting against the members of the Triumvirate. Thus, something else might be more likely, Jedis getting a bonus again. I believe, we got so many old times Sith with The newest additions, some more named Jedis from SWToR will arrive, too.
    The Sith Raids paves the way for old republic additions AND a upcoming Jedi rework which sorely due by now (as well as some others, but Jedis make most sense atm)
  • I think it'd be cool. I like anything that is faction specific and rewards for that faction. What better way to capture the feel of the infighting between the ancient sith? Just wishful thinking on my part though, I'm sure.

Just seems odd that it's called a sith raid as opposed to the triumvirate raid or the Traya raid or the Lord of Pain raid. Other raids are known by the bosses, where this one is denoted by faction.... maybe "triumvirate" just doesn't roll of the tongue very well, and I'm reading way too far into it.
    I'm guessing it's because in the raid we will face waves of Sith marauders, assassins, troopers, warriors, etc before the triumvirate
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Maybe you’ll fight them one per phase for 1-3 then all 3 in phase 4
  • @Dark_Light
    I like the idea of that, it would be a pretty cool way to run it. Bit like GGs in P1 of Pit, but with Troopers, Assassins & Marauders resurrecting when fighting Sion & getting massive offense & health steal from Nihilus.
    Sure they'll make a kind of story out the phases, as with the other 2, just unsure if the existing storyline from KOTOR II can be adapted to Raid Phases?
  • Is Snoke a possible candidate?

Not really, Snoke isn't a Sith, and there is nothing in this raid or recent news that points to him in any way
  • What about Revan shards for a reward, but 7* unlock, and a lightside and a dark side version, but with generic shards? You would have to make a serious choice about who to unlock 1st, after a long, hard grind.
  • My guess: three tiers, like the others. First tier grants marauder shards, second tier grants juggernaut shards, third tier grants sion shards.
    As DarthNekros pointed out, this is to be a Sith Raid &, as it's the Sith Triumvirate, it's set in The Old Republic era. It's therefore more probable that the reward character will be from the same era, as with the other 2 Raids.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    ZephimyrAC wrote: »
    My guess: three tiers, like the others. First tier grants marauder shards, second tier grants juggernaut shards, third tier grants sion shards.
    None of the Raids have 3 Tiers? Rancor has 7 & AAT has 2.
    They both have 4 Phases.

I assume that you're talking about Part II & Part III of the Event that rewarded Sith Marauder? In which case I would also expect the Event to run the way you've described, certainly Sion being Part III reward.
    2 Parts to come & it's Part II that I'm most intrigued by as feel pretty certain Sion will be Part III.
  • What about Revan shards for a reward, but 7* unlock, and a lightside and a dark side version, but with generic shards? You would have to make a serious choice about who to unlock 1st, after a long, hard grind.

Not a chance. Revan will be a huge revenue generator when released.
    He won't be if they give him as Raid rewards.
    I'm still firmly of the opinion that this Raid will follow the same pattern as the existing 2, where we fight DS characters to win a LS character synonymous with them.
    Meetra Surik is the most probable candidate for the Sith Triumvirate.

She would then lead well into a Revan Event requirement & that way they can still generate revenue from any initial spend on the Raid, plus they also generate revenue when/if any Revan Event comes from people rushing the Raid to get shards for her, so that they can get shards for him. Makes it a financial win-win to not make Revan the Raid reward.
  • I don't know why, but I kinda envisage it being similar to the DreadMasters Raid in Swtor, where you fight all 4 at the same time.

Either that or it'll be similar to the final battle on Malachor V in Kotor2
  • Trias
    64 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Not a chance. Revan will be a huge revenue generator when released.
    People keep saying this. I am not convinced. The problem is that as a character Revan only has value for the people who played Kotor. This is only a small slice of the total star wars fan base. Based on games sales and a generous fudge factor for illegal copies Kotor was played by less than 10 million people. This number is complete dwarfed by the size of the total fan base which between 1-2 orders of magnitude bigger. This means that for every player that goes "OMG Revan!" there is probably 10 players that go "WTK is Revan?!".
    Post edited by Kyno on
This discussion has been closed.