New Raid First Reactions Thread [Discussion]

Replies

• 3PO
    32 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Nothing wrong with the raid (so far). Hp is overkill, but oh well. Our guild is casual, so it'll definitely take a long time to finish, probably about 5-7 days per phase.

Who knows, maybe they'll nerf HP like they did NAAT in a few weeks. If we have to, we'll drop down to T4 or 5. Not expecting to clear T6/7 right away.

Our guild is light, too... Question!
    Is it possible to clear a T6 for a week without a date limit if it is none-hero difficulty?
  • Options
    Agreed. Please dont ever nerf. The power creep will eventually take care of the difficulty one way or the other. HAAT is just an annoying raid, necessary for gear and guild store tokens, but annoying nonetheless.
  • Options
    Keep in mind that T6 is tuned for G11.
    It appears that G11 teams would take quite some time to finish P1. A month? Probably more.
    I ran a G12 Titan team in T6 just to test, and they didn't do very well. (Not even 1%).
    What I am driving at here is much like the aat when it first came out, this raid is likely tuned up a bit too much.
    Speed feels right. Tenacity is difficult but not impossible. Damage output feels good.
    But. Health pool is, shall we say, optimistic.
    Again, speaking to T6 here.
  • Options
    I agree wholeheartedly. I remember days and days gone by, sometimes resulting in an 'abandon raid' and that was fun. To be honest, auto'ing the Rancor and knocking the HAAT out in 2 hours has gotten TRULY stale.

As with those raids, this raid's time will also come. For now, while it's new, enjoy the journey. It will only make you better.
  • Gawejn
    1140 posts Member
    Options
    Tier 5, very good team Vader lead, Thrawn Krenic CLS Bb8. All g11,g12. Very good mods. 4 zetas. I did less than 1% in phase 1. So i have no idea what to think about it. First impresion that Barris with zeta will help a lot.
  • Bigbearxba
    250 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Rizn wrote: »
    JTR teams see to be the best so far.

Yeah, I got around 5 million with a JTR resistance team (BB, R2, Finn, Scav) on t6. So it looks like TM gain might be one of the better strats. Maybe. Who the heck knows.
  • Jooms
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Haven't figured out the strategy yet but i threw my best toons at DN and I know I did a lot more than 45k on damage. I know it was bound to have a few bugs but that is a BIG problem
  • Options
    Tier 6?
  • Options
    Read the raid description before posting, he gains protection equal to his damage.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    It's not a bug. DN gains protection with his attacks which you have to wear off to damage him.
  • Cesium
    230 posts Member
    Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Tier 5, very good team Vader lead, Thrawn Krenic CLS Bb8. All g11,g12. Very good mods. 4 zetas. I did less than 1% in phase 1. So i have no idea what to think about it. First impresion that Barris with zeta will help a lot.

Will it? It doesn't look like that damage he does is critting so I don't believe it will proc a heal...
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • Options
    It's a new raid. It's supposed to be hard, difficult for even the strongest of guilds. There's no reason to think that a guild under 100-120m has a legitimate shot at this raid on heroic right now, and that's great. That's how these things work.

Quit wanting everything easy and enjoy the struggle of it. You're missing the point of the raid apparently.
  • Options
    He also gains protection off basics?
  • Options
    It's a new raid. It's supposed to be hard, difficult for even the strongest of guilds. There's no reason to think that a guild under 100-120m has a legitimate shot at this raid on heroic right now, and that's great. That's how these things work.

Quit wanting everything easy and enjoy the struggle of it. You're missing the point of the raid apparently.

Nobody is running heroic yet. We need to complete T6 first.
  • Options
    T6
    He laughed at my zBarris/GK
    He shrugged off my rebels
    He though zFinn was cute (pretty sure these sith have 10000000% tenacity)
    EP tried with some sith of his own and didn't make a scratch
    JTR, CLS, r2, bb8, thrawn had a go and put down 1.5mil

This is gonna take a while...
  • Options
    T6
    He laughed at my zBarris/GK
    He shrugged off my rebels
    He though zFinn was cute (pretty sure these sith have 10000000% tenacity)
    EP tried with some sith of his own and didn't make a scratch
    JTR, CLS, r2, bb8, thrawn had a go and put down 1.5mil

This is gonna take a while...

Depending on how many hits he takes he may have that much tenacity he has +50% tenacity everytime he is hit till the end of his next turn
  • Options
    Hey guys, if our guild can take the normal aat in hours but not phase four in haat, would you recommend to try tier five in the new raid?
  • Options
    t4 tbh lol
  • Cesium
    230 posts Member
    Options
    AndRhuiG wrote: »
    Hey guys, if our guild can take the normal aat in hours but not phase four in haat, would you recommend to try tier five in the new raid?

I'd go with t4
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • JKRevan
    156 posts Member
    Options
    We are going to cancel the t6, and try t3, lol
  • Options
    We canceled the 6 and went with a 4* and it’s still a monster for a 46m GP guild
  • Options
    JKRevan wrote: »
    We are going to cancel the t6, and try t3, lol

we are thinking of cancelling t4 and going to t3 lol
  • Options
    First, check the math on your scores - totals may be significantly higher than the sum of the individual scores.

Second, resistance / jtr is best so far. Nightsisters behind that, with cls / raid han / chaze also up there. I can basically solo HAAT, but had to make do with a couple mill across all these teams in t6 of the new raid. Plus, because of the mechanics forget about auto - this is going to be a slog.

The new characters are great, but I lost all interest after one round of the new raid...
  • Options
    maybe even t2 lololol
  • Options
    They added the healer tag to Luminara rather arbitrarily. Can we get a healer tag on Chirrut and Captain Han too? The pittance of healer choices now that the type matters is pretty glaring.
  • JKRevan
    156 posts Member
    Options
    *Rushes to check Luminara*

Oh they did, that finally makes some sense, the hell why she was an attacker, never made any sense with her kit AND her lore.
  • KLCS21
    83 posts Member
    Options
    Don't think it's broken. Just challenging. Also I think people are failing to notice that there is no listed time limit. There are 5 tries per day. But no day limit. So it might take you 5 days to finish.
  • KLCS21
    83 posts Member
    Options
    People keep complaining that it's too hard. But from what I can tell, there's no time limit. You get 5 runs per day. But there is no day limit. At least not on tier 5. So it could take you a week to finish. But it's doable.
  • Options
    Oh kitten
  • Options
    Also did not realize this