New Raid First Reactions Thread [Discussion]

Replies

• Options
    Saw someone posting in the Ea Answers - they did 78 million damage - seems exposes are doing ultra damage....

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sith-raid-is-not-counting-damage/td-p/6665774/page/2
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Extra damage from abilities is not showing up so expose and deathmark damage would not show. That is what it has been looking like at least.
  • Options
    Our guild went the route of trying the new raid on T2, just to feel it out before jumping into T6. However, it appears we have hit a bug in P4. Sion is dead, leaving only DN and Traya. DN only has about 3% life left, but nothing we do can touch him. I'm not just talking about leftover teams that can't get past his protection. I'm talking about a fully modded and maxed out G12 JTR team and such. Is there something we are missing, or do we simply need to report this as a bug?
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    My guild is currently battling tier6 and it's not as bad as nAAT was pre-adjustment.

Same here. We aren't doing badly at all. I suspect a 4 day completion, maybe 5.
  • MGD
    3 posts Member
    Options
  • KrangInTheNorth
    2 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Our guild has the same issue on T1 with 1.85% in P4; for us DN is dead, but can't touch Sion. One member submitted a bug on it. We are currently stuck.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    P1 just seems too hard. I thought zeta asajj could keep nihilus in control with irresistible turnmeter reduction, but nihilus gets 30 speed each time he's hit (!?) until his next turn. So it's just impossible to stop him. He will get enraged unlike rancor, even if he didn't have that tenacity bonus and immunity to tenacity down. He is designed to get turns no matter what, and get enraged and kill all with his aoe. How can it be beaten?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    It’s designed to require a bunch of different teams across a guild so that whole phases can’t be soloed. This will allow the content to last longer before people start crying for a new raid.
  • Options
    Or everyone has jtr and the raid isn't a big deal apparently. I wish I had her now.
  • Options
    It's been one day. My guild has just around half of Phase 1 health left. First time ever doing it seems right on point
  • Options
    The whole point is it’s supposed to be hard. You can’t auto this. You can’t Solo this. Why would they put another rancor? Best part of this is it makes you really have to think about every attack.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    There's a thrawn/trooper team that can do 3 million in phase 1 or there's a few jtr teams that can do 6-10 million at tier vi.

No one will be able to solo this for at least a years. We are back to the old find your 2%in each phase.
  • Options
    Our guild has the same issue on T1 with 1.85% in P4; for us DN is dead, but can't touch Sion. One member submitted a bug on it. We are currently stuck.

Could you post on here what you find out?
  • Options
    My only issue is that it seems like JTR is truly needed for phase 1. If our guild only had a handful to 10 - we are screwed until next time she shows up. Would love another JTR event soon. :) love the difficulty. My titan team barely did 300k...lol

She certainly helps but I would say it really depends on the tier. My guild pulled a tier 4 to gauge our progress and we went through phase one in about 12 hours. We only have 4 or 5 players with JTR so the majority of the damage was done without her. There are a number of other viable squads.
  • Options
    I will be truly terrified when we find squads who have potential to even do 1/3 of a phase.
  • Jedi_Bane
    311 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Visas marr might be pretty sweet once she becomes farmable. Funny that 2% of this raid is 20% of Pit.
  • Options
    Did anyone else notice that even after you eliminate SM and SA that nihlus still was not taking any damage from strikes, this was a constant throughout p1, but great raid overall
  • Options
    Jedi_Bane wrote: »
    Visas marr might be pretty sweet once she becomes farmable. Funny that 2% of this raid is 20% of Pit.

What? 7% of this raid's phase 1 is 100% of the heroic Pits all 4 phases (10,500,000)
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Options
    We’ve been noticing that the damage dealt by toons added up does not equal the total damage dealt.

In one case a player only had 450k total damage dealt even though his Han Solo had over 500k.

I ran resistance. My total damage dealt is over twice what my toons add up to be.

Any thoughts?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Expose damage or dot isn't death by a toon

Also damage done to protection doesn't count as total damage
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

I thought you could not kill nilus until everyone else is dead
  • Options
    Ikr.. maybe heroic will have less health but still is an insane amount. And the ever recharging protection doesn't even count as damage.
  • Options
    It's fine, man, I can't solo Haat with 1 team yet, but I can solo it with just my roster, no problem. Really 2-4 teams, RNG depending. Probably a lot of us at that point.

So they're attempting to make the newest content require a whole guild, and not just some hero with an insane roster coming in and building up smaller guilds.

I got 99 problems with this game, but the new Raid aint one of them.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    DEV EDIT:
    Consider a title less click bait and more descriptive?

I fixed your title correctly. Moving you to the correct category! (where this is answered ;) )

RT

1P3haXg.png
    Total damage is way below the added number. Plus, Biggs only attacked DN, even some of the damage from Wedge and Lando were done to minions.
    Post edited by CG_RyDiggs on
  • Options
    Why don't you just look in one of the 50 other thread about this. Or, even better, read abilities. Nihilus gains protection. You have to go through protection to do damage to his health. Final score shows character damage done to protection and health, but obviously only damage done to health is the damage that counts, hence is the final score.
  • Options
    Nope. Probably damage done to nihilus' protection.. which doesn't count in end total
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Options
    Need damage to his health. Damage to protection doesn't matter
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @Edward Dooku is correct. Only damage dealt to DN's health bar is counted in "Total Damage Dealt". Damage dealt to his regenerating Protection bar isn't counted in that total. The totals below the individual characters show all the damage they did to both protection and health bars, of DN and his minions. There are more details in the "Details" tab of the Raid.

Working as intended.

He's super tough.
    eew0hx1r9ipi.gif
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Options
    Why don't you just look in one of the 50 other thread about this. Or, even better, read abilities. Nihilus gains protection. You have to go through protection to do damage to his health. Final score shows character damage done to protection and health, but obviously only damage done to health is the damage that counts, hence is the final score.

@ShaolinPunk

Thanks for your explanation. You know you don’t need to read and answer all the posts like mine. Do you mind answer another question of mine: my first five squads did 1.7m damage, why after refresh, same teams only did 300k damage? DN didn’t regenerate in my first five battles against him?
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    It is hard. It is OK to be hard. It isnt the issue that it is hard.
    The issue is only P1.
    The issue is that there is no usable strategy for p1.
    The issue is that they said Visas Marr would be the key and she is not good for p1.
    The issue is that the old "Fersome Foe" mechanic isnt compatible with the "The darkness which kills all life" mechanic.
    Its ok that Nihilus has protection. It is ok that Nihilus has so much health.
    The problem is that there is no teams to use.
    (The JTR suicide bombing is not really a strategy here)