Bounty Hunter Event [MERGE]

Replies

• Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Anderle wrote: »
    Keep calm guys, this event isnt ready yet. Once the spezial of the bhs are unlocked, it will be easier.... be paatient, wait for second run of this event. ;);)

This. People who have played long enough realize the MO:

1) Release content geared toward a specific skill set not yet in the game.
    2) Release a new character with that skill set.
    3) Make said character only strong enough through the purchase of packs
    4) Profit
    5) If you can make players burn through omegas, ability mats for reworks of previously useless characters and waste gear, all the better.

For those that don't recognize this pattern, welcome to the forums! :)

We know CG does this.

Its more the fact they think this is acceptable.. releasing trashy content first time round. Its embarrassing, I am actually embarrassed for CG. Lets take a look at strike force... a lot better with content release and its only been globally available a month now.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    IPD is doable. Just takes a few goes to get the right RNG. (Took me about 15-20).

G12 Boba (L)
    G11 Zam
    G11 IG
    G10 Dengar
    G9 Greedo

Average to good mods. Omegas on everyone. Contracts activated to L3 on Boba, Dengar and IG.

Wampa is too tough.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    Is anyone ever happy with anything in this game?!?! This forum is sounding like a broken record all the time......

It's supposed to be difficult! When they nerfed GW because it was difficult people complained it w"became too easy!!! If you guys hate everything about the game, then please stop playing. I bet if they just hand you 20 wompa shards for logging on you'll be complaining that they are devaluing wompa shards........

Nice! Not sure who wompa is though ? :S
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    Wooo!! Forums are hot this morning! Must mean CG did it right! Mythics have been some of my favorites, looking forward to trying the BH missions once I get off work! Glad you guys can confirm they're a challenge!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    That's the impression I'm getting too. IPD and Wampa tier are tuned to having a g12 bossk. So... enjoy your paploo shards and buy bossk! Because this is *fun*!

i like the event and i'm sure as sith not going to buy bossk, i'm probably not even going to gear my BH's any further untill bossk becomes farmable.
    the difference between 10 paploo/solo/rolo shards and 10 ipd/wampa shards isn't worth the hassle.
    Funny enough, tier 5 would have given me the exact same rewards as tier 1; 100 crystals, 200k credits and 300 shardshop currency.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Revi wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Keep calm guys, this event isnt ready yet. Once the spezial of the bhs are unlocked, it will be easier.... be paatient, wait for second run of this event. ;);)

This. People who have played long enough realize the MO:

1) Release content geared toward a specific skill set not yet in the game.
    2) Release a new character with that skill set.
    3) Make said character only strong enough through the purchase of packs
    4) Profit
    5) If you can make players burn through omegas, ability mats for reworks of previously useless characters and waste gear, all the better.

For those that don't recognize this pattern, welcome to the forums! :)

We know CG does this.

Its more the fact they think this is acceptable.. releasing trashy content first time round. Its embarrassing, I am actually embarrassed for CG. Lets take a look at strike force... a lot better with content release and its only been globally available a month now.

Eh. As much as i complain about communication, comparing the 2 games swgoh is so much better in that regard and many other ways as well. And the event is new it’s supposed to be challenging. It’s not trashy content that you can’t compete the tier you want to complete. I m in the same boat but it’s just another thing for me to build up. I ve been ragging on the devs to do something with BH since DSTB. In the very short amount of time that it’s here, I enjoy it. It’s different. So ty DEVS.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Yeeaaahhh... G11 OR 12, Zetas for all hunters, good mods.

I need 10 Wampa shards to complete him.

I can barely get to the final wave intact, much less healthy enough to finish.

Experimented with all different Leads.

I enjoy a good challenge as much as the next, and I don't want a cakewalk, but I don't even see how Bossk makes much difference unless you speed him waaayyy up so his assist attack is always up before you lose someone else.

Gonna keep trying though. Need those shards, and like I said... I appreciate a good challenge.

So long as it's not an impossible one. A little fine tuning and tweaking down just a smudge, I think this event will be fine.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    IPD is doable. Just takes a few goes to get the right RNG. (Took me about 15-20).

G12 Boba (L)
    G11 Zam
    G11 IG
    G10 Dengar
    G9 Greedo

Average to good mods. Omegas on everyone. Contracts activated to L3 on Boba, Dengar and IG.

Wampa is too tough.

Struggling with IPD with
    Boba (g12)
    88 (g11)
    Zam (g11)
    Greedo (g10)
    Dengar (g9)

They are modded well, but not correctly- if that makes sense.

Edit- no contract has an omega on it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Ploosh wrote: »
    Wooo!! Forums are hot this morning! Must mean CG did it right! Mythics have been some of my favorites, looking forward to trying the BH missions once I get off work! Glad you guys can confirm they're a challenge!

Ha ! that has been my experience aswell, laods of complaints means i'll have fun trying to complete the event ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options

G12 Boba (L)
    G11 Zam
    G11 IG
    G10 Dengar
    G9 Greedo

Wampa is too tough.

Struggling with IPD with
    Boba (g12)
    88 (g11)
    Zam (g11)
    Greedo (g10)
    Dengar (g9)

I've been executing the scout trooper that moves first, activating Bobas Contracts immediately
  • Options

G12 Boba (L)
    G11 Zam
    G11 IG
    G10 Dengar
    G9 Greedo

Wampa is too tough.

Struggling with IPD with
    Boba (g12)
    88 (g11)
    Zam (g11)
    Greedo (g10)
    Dengar (g9)

I've been executing the scout trooper that moves first, activating Bobas Contracts immediately

Thanks going to try that!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

G12 Boba (L)
    G11 Zam
    G11 IG
    G10 Dengar
    G9 Greedo

Wampa is too tough.

This is helpful info. My Dengar and Greedo are just below that, but I am only interested in Wampa shards (I'll have ipd at 7 after the next DS TB). So I realize that it's not worth it to gear them at this point. Good to know. Thank you.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Any tips on the Wampa? Seems truly RNG... I'm struggling to get back to the final wave after getting close my first few attempts.

It's a little bit maddening, lol.
  • Options
    Han Solo mission is ridiculous even with all secondary mods with bonus speed. This is definitely geared towards players having Bossk. It’s a challenge for sure. It’s not a rant. It’s a genuine challenge worth it. Just not happy it’s a super rare event.

If you have to have bossk to do these hunts, that would suck. How do you use a character you can't get yet?
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    I’ve lost the IPD mission probably 10 times with:

G12 Boba
    G11 Zam (whose basic hits for a cool 1500 non crit)
    G11 Greedo
    G11 IG88
    G10 Dengar

The description says it’s aimed at G10.
  • Options
    This. Remember everyone always said BH really missed a Tank and healing to be able to shine. Those new events seem tailored to play on that, being a matter of endurance and stamina. Bossk will help a lot with that (his contract looks way better than Boba’s), plus every reworked BH’s Payout ability really gets interesting once omegaed (which won’t help with omega crunch, I agree).
    Also, please realize Wampa is a truly exclusive character - 20 shards of him is worth 5400 GET, half what you’d gain in a full TB (including most SM).
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    My 11 Zam with contract payout active hits for 10k basic (no bomb) on Wave 3 of the Wampa hunt under a Greedo lead.

She still has no survivability of course, as do none of them really... But she can hit hard once properly ramped up.
  • Options
    There is no reason on earth that the stormtroopers in the first wave of the IPD level should have 100000% defense AND tenacity. I’m using a g12 IG88 (WITH ALL G12 GEAR PIECES) and he is only hitting for 1 to 2k damage. This is completely unreasonable. All of my bounty hunters are arena modded and have at least 90+ speed on them. On the rare occasion I’m able to make it to the final phase, I don’t get to take a single turn before the rest of my units are completely annihilated. This is blatantly unfair. If the first phase wasn’t so inexplicably difficult, I would have at least a chance. Even the first and second phases of the Wampa level don’t compare in difficulty to the first phase of the IPD level.

+1000
    Thank you CG for making such a fun event where my G12 toons are cleared in one or two hits. I never get on here and troll the game because I understand it's a business and your in business to make money. Maybe you should try making a mode that's actually fun to play, instead you continue to drone on with these events made up of useless characters that all of a sudden become relevant and everyone has to spend spend spend in order to win. Getting old guys
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Snuffer wrote: »
    There is no reason on earth that the stormtroopers in the first wave of the IPD level should have 100000% defense AND tenacity. I’m using a g12 IG88 (WITH ALL G12 GEAR PIECES) and he is only hitting for 1 to 2k damage. This is completely unreasonable. All of my bounty hunters are arena modded and have at least 90+ speed on them. On the rare occasion I’m able to make it to the final phase, I don’t get to take a single turn before the rest of my units are completely annihilated. This is blatantly unfair. If the first phase wasn’t so inexplicably difficult, I would have at least a chance. Even the first and second phases of the Wampa level don’t compare in difficulty to the first phase of the IPD level.

+1000
    Thank you CG for making such a fun event where my G12 toons are cleared in one or two hits. I never get on here and troll the game because I understand it's a business and your in business to make money. Maybe you should try making a mode that's actually fun to play, instead you continue to drone on with these events made up of useless characters that all of a sudden become relevant and everyone has to spend spend spend in order to win. Getting old guys

And this comes shortly after the Thrawn mythic, another event where G12 characters fall like flies. And a frustrating new raid. All in all, it seems like they added stuff with a level increase in mind, but forgot about the actual level increase. Not so thrilled about the new ship PvE and quests anymore, fully expect it to be the same frustrating, RNG-based kitten.
  • Options
    Hmm...I had a little play. Fun, but I see lots of investment will be required to succeed.

Will success get me JTR or Darth Traya?

Nope. So...
  • Options
    Why would the devs find this fun? And who is going to take their bounty hunters to gear 14 for 10 measly wampa shards?

Insanely over powered and CHEAP shot enemies does not equal FUN.
  • Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=b4fAlX4Tq_A

This is my attempt at wampa tier with g12 boba, ig88,zam and dengar, g11 greedo. Thermals doing less than 1.5k dmg each in phase 4.
  • Options

G12 Boba (L)
    G11 Zam
    G11 IG
    G10 Dengar
    G9 Greedo

Wampa is too tough.

Struggling with IPD with
    Boba (g12)
    88 (g11)
    Zam (g11)
    Greedo (g10)
    Dengar (g9)

Ty! Due to your advice and some luck 1 starred the IPD.
    There’s a weird balance of using the specials and not using the specials when there is one enemy left.
    Death troopers are cray but very squish.
    With zam and Greedo with more than half health going into the 4th stage y’all should be good. Keep trying!
  • Options
    Lol so much complaining
  • Options
    @CG_Carrie take this one back to the developers and ask what are you thinking?!? Wampa hitting for 80k that’s almost a one shot of the better modded GKs in the game.....overtuned much?
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options

G12 Boba (L)
    G11 Zam
    G11 IG
    G10 Dengar
    G9 Greedo

Wampa is too tough.

Struggling with IPD with
    Boba (g12)
    88 (g11)
    Zam (g11)
    Greedo (g10)
    Dengar (g9)

Ty! Due to your advice and some luck 1 starred the IPD.
    There’s a weird balance of using the specials and not using the specials when there is one enemy left.
    Death troopers are cray but very squish.
    With zam and Greedo with more than half health going into the 4th stage y’all should be good. Keep trying!

Np man. Glad you managed it.
  • Options
    Dev team hath failed the community again. I cant even get past tier 1 of the first event...and my team is mostly geared except zam...
    Its just a simple cash grab for them...they make these events for the veteran players who been around and probably have the 7star gear 10 to 11 even 12 BH.
    Anything new released event wise is for the vets. They dont care about the younger player base... thats why their the $15 cards for the bounty hunters...greed is a terrible thing and maybe 1 day karma will get them back for it.

Until then dont waste your time or money. Just farm and wait until next time.
  • Options
    Boba G11 Cad Bane G11 Greedo G10 Zam G10 Dengar G10. IPD mission?
    Harder than the wampa mission.

Yes. I got to wave 4 in the Wampa mission multiple times before Wampa proceeded to hit each bounty hunter for 80k.

IPD mission? After grinding for about 10 minutes while dealing 2-4k (With Boba's 200% defense penetration as well) to each storm trooper and then on top of that, having to deal with crit immunity from Shoretrooper, I finally made it to the third wave. Then I proceeded to have each bounty hunter's cooldowns increased to 4+ and slowly get picked off by death troopers.

Even after perfect RNG, I made it to the 4th wave with full health on each bounty hunter. Then, I was completely destroyed. G10 for IPD? No. G11. G11 for wampa? No. G12+

How is Wampa almost easier than IPD?