Bounty Hunter Event [MERGE]

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    MosEisley wrote: »
    Has CG giving an answer yet as to why they completely disregarded Cad Bane and Zam for the BH rework??

Yeah, dude, they said it day one: They're doing the original trilogy Bounty Hunters first because Solo's coming out and it's set in the original trilogy timeframe.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    MosEisley wrote: »
    Has CG giving an answer yet as to why they completely disregarded Cad Bane and Zam for the BH rework??

Yeah, dude, they said it day one: They're doing the original trilogy Bounty Hunters first because Solo's coming out and it's set in the original trilogy timeframe.

Sometimes one can shout and shout and shout and some still never hear.
  • Options
    I don’t see why everyone is so upset with the bounty hunter rework and the BH event. My BHs aren’t the greatest right now, so I can’t even beat the paploo stage, but I think it’s great. It gives us the ability to get more shards of some very hard to get characters. Sure, they made it difficult, but look at the rewards. Plus, I think the reworks are great. Bounty hunters have been pretty worthless so far. I’m glad to see them becoming worthwhile. It looks like they could be really effective with just one zeta, too. Also, having the different contracts for each leadership ability (with different activation requirements) will allow you to use the same five characters to create very different overall effects for different areas of the game.
  • Options
    One thing that I don’t like, though... boba fett’s contract will be very tough to activate in raids. Basically “kill the raid boss to gain the bonus”. Though, it would be pretty effective in other areas.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t see why everyone is so upset with the bounty hunter rework and the BH event.

I get it. I disagree with the folks who are upset, but I get it. There's a lot of things to do in this game and a lot of characters to work on. Some are really great for some things, some are really good for all things, and some are really niche. The folks who are upset are looking at Bounty Hunters and seeing that they're not very good in Arena (offense maybe, but defense the AI will have no clue how to fight so that payouts get earned early) and you can do as much or more in raids with other teams they already have, so they don't want to farm and gear Bounty Hunters.

That's all fine with me, no one's forcing you to do anything in the game, so go ahead and farm whoever the hell you want and ignore the folks you want to ignore. What gets my goat is the people who are mad because now folks who already have Bounty Hunters are able to get stuff. For almost two years now the design intent has been glaringly obvious: They want every character to have some use somewhere. They want to create a game where if someone's favorite character is Zam Wessell or Kit Fisto (but, unfortunately, not Padme--and I'm going to be VERY passive aggressive about that until she's added) and they farm that character, then they're going to be able to do something with them, by God! They added (and then quickly, and correctly, scrapped) tournaments to get people to use their whole roster, they upped the difficulty of Galactic War to get people to use more than one team, they created Assault Battles that utilize under-represented factions, they created legendary events for under-used factions and then created MYTHIC events for the opposing faction. Territory Wars and Battles reward folks who have invested broadly. Even Jawas are necessary if you want crit damage mods, and who doesn't want crit damage mods?

It's a matter of your point of view. The folks who are upset think they must do all content, and by adding a monthly shard heist they feel now they're being forced to farm characters they don't want. The folks who aren't upset are looking at the events and thinking--FINALLY! A reason to work on Bounty Hunters!
  • Options
    I don’t see why everyone is so upset with the bounty hunter rework and the BH event.

It's a matter of your point of view. The folks who are upset think they must do all content, and by adding a monthly shard heist they feel now they're being forced to farm characters they don't want. The folks who aren't upset are looking at the events and thinking--FINALLY! A reason to work on Bounty Hunters!

I kind of feel for new players - you would be missing out on a lot of stuff, with little chance to 'much' of it for what, a year maybe, more? No advice for them other then focus on one team at a time...

For everyone else, I totally agree. It has been clear for a while that all factions will get re-worked, all factions will have things attached to them - it may not be evenly distributed - but right, even Jawa's got a mod farm location and a bone thrown to them for the HAAT.

Rumors of a BH re-work have been circulating since the Solo movie first came to light.

This is nothing new. Heavily needs is a GG and seperatist rework, and also a jedi rework (possibly with countering republic reworks and adds)
    ^^^ This is going to happen. If you people care, they'll gamble on one or the other and give them a little love. Personally, with the new DS Sith, DS EP meta, and the DS BH rework, I got this feeling we'll get some LS Jedi love soon. (Note Ground assault was changed from Res to Jedi.... consider it a quasi official hint that it's going to happen. Maybe start off with the Jedi council and work back from there? I think so!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options

I kind of feel for new players - you would be missing out on a lot of stuff, with little chance to 'much' of it for what, a year maybe, more? No advice for them other then focus on one team at a time...

For everyone else, I totally agree. It has been clear for a while that all factions will get re-worked, all factions will have things attached to them - it may not be evenly distributed - but right, even Jawa's got a mod farm location and a bone thrown to them for the HAAT.

Rumors of a BH re-work have been circulating since the Solo movie first came to light.

This is nothing new. Heavily needs is a GG and seperatist rework, and also a jedi rework (possibly with countering republic reworks and adds)
    ^^^ This is going to happen. If you people care, they'll gamble on one or the other and give them a little love. Personally, with the new DS Sith, DS EP meta, and the DS BH rework, I got this feeling we'll get some LS Jedi love soon. (Note Ground assault was changed from Res to Jedi.... consider it a quasi official hint that it's going to happen. Maybe start off with the Jedi council and work back from there? I think so!

Yea I’ve been wanting the BH love for awhile.
    Jedi rework will hopefully be massive and drop with Jedi Luke that will do a ton of damage on the Sith raid. I think we re looking at the signs the same way.

Solo and Scoundrels and Empire oh my!
    Can’t wait for those Detroit Troopers!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

True. But now instead of "Focus on Rebels first, then Scoundrels, then dah-da-dah-dah" as before, now it's "Focus on the folks you like first, have fun, get what you want." I'm lucky to have started long long long ago when the game was relatively new and there were no events to speak of other than Grandmaster Yoda, so I farmed characters that I thought would be fun. The first Arena character I got was Greedo. (Although I only unlocked him, the first one I got to 7* was Sidious) I grinded Mother Talzin because dark side only had two healers. I didn't even look at the forum until I was level 40 or something.

If I cold recommend that to new players I would, but that's not possible because they'd have to be here reading this to see the recommendation :P Farm the things you like, have fun with the game. If you want to do an event, go for it and you'll probably be able to do it the next time it comes around--unless it's Ground War, that seems to come around really, really often.
  • Options

Jedi rework will hopefully be massive and drop with Jedi Luke that will do a ton of damage on the Sith raid. I think we re looking at the signs the same way.

C'mon - you know better - Jedi Luke will come along with Endor Han and Endor Leia, maybe C3PO and you'll need ALL the Murderbears. Anyone wanna bet you'll need a new Leia and Han to unlock?

No, no, a Jedi rework/pass will be stuck with Republic era Jedi - probably just like this BH rework (which has been very good) We'll get Shaak-ti or more likely Ki Adi Mundi as a Marquee and then a jedi-pass. No reason we couldn't get a semi-similar Jedi council ability in line-with BH contracts - instead it's Heal life 10 times, cleanse 10 debuffs, add 10 buffs, GK makes 10 snarky yet quite proper comments.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options

C'mon - you know better - Jedi Luke will come along with Endor Han and Endor Leia, maybe C3PO and you'll need ALL the Murderbears. Anyone wanna bet you'll need a new Leia and Han to unlock?

No, no, a Jedi rework/pass will be stuck with Republic era Jedi - probably just like this BH rework (which has been very good) We'll get Shaak-ti or more likely Ki Adi Mundi as a Marquee and then a jedi-pass. No reason we couldn't get a semi-similar Jedi council ability in line-with BH contracts - instead it's Heal life 10 times, cleanse 10 debuffs, add 10 buffs, GK makes 10 snarky yet quite proper comments.

Hahaha! Endor Han - daze and fracture every trooper.
    That Jedi Council idea is great ! Poor Ani
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    One thing that I don’t like, though... boba fett’s contract will be very tough to activate in raids. Basically “kill the raid boss to gain the bonus”. Though, it would be pretty effective in other areas.

Incorrect.... Boba's contract ignores that the raid boss goes first... you just have to kill the first minion that attacks....
  • Options
    Haha, as predicted the second time around was much better. Solid kills on paploo and Han. Boba full omega contract was the difference. Pretty sure Wampa with Bossk was a cake walk, too.
  • Options
    So my BH are G12 and all have solid mods and I'm getting one shot by death troopers and can't make it through event the G10+ one for IPD. Is it your goal to release conceiving and OP content ?
  • Options
    Thermal detonators are a joke as well
  • Options
    Haha the paploo tier has scouts hitting for 10K while apparently critical chance for your BH is non existent and it says G8+ ... HAHAHA what a joke
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    Options
    So my BH are G12 and all have solid mods and I'm getting one shot by death troopers and can't make it through event the G10+ one for IPD. Is it your goal to release conceiving and OP content ?

Its called "a Game" which means, you still need to play with all the G12 or maxxed Toons. Not all of this game is "hitting Sim or Auto Battle" if you can't play it right (even some youtubers do it wrong...) or get a bad rng train you get no reward at all.

I had 3 BH with G12 last Mission for IPD shards, besides super low damage with all the imperial armour it wasnt super hard like Wampa. Now with 5* Bossk even Wampa Mission is doable without a lot of tries or rng. I am glad CG created that Event, getting Wampa (or IPD etc.) shards is really nice and a good way to reward build up bounty hunter squads.
  • Options
    MD_Geist wrote: »

Its called "a Game" which means, you still need to play with all the G12 or maxxed Toons. Not all of this game is "hitting Sim or Auto Battle" if you can't play it right (even some youtubers do it wrong...) or get a bad rng train you get no reward at all.

I had 3 BH with G12 last Mission for IPD shards, besides super low damage with all the imperial armour it wasnt super hard like Wampa. Now with 5* Bossk even Wampa Mission is doable without a lot of tries or rng. I am glad CG created that Event, getting Wampa (or IPD etc.) shards is really nice and a good way to reward build up bounty hunter squads.

Video? I don't sim/auto I aim to get the contracts, have greedo dispelled ready for shoretropper etc it's still impossible. I'd be more than happy for you to prove me wrong though with a video
  • Options
    They're just a terrible faction. Look at the rebel roundup event even IT auto through it like no problem and you have to be super careful with BH to get through all the tiers. IT aren't even close to meta anyway so that shows how terrible this rework is
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

They're just a terrible faction. Look at the rebel roundup event even IT auto through it like no problem and you have to be super careful with BH to get through all the tiers. IT aren't even close to meta anyway so that shows how terrible this rework is

I'm pretty sure BH's are better in arena currently than Troopers though. It's no secret that troopers really shine in multi wave events, that's their forte, so it's also no suprise that they're better suited for rebel round up than BH.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    BHs very fun now. Did the Han/Rolo missions today with no losses. Next time, after gearing, will attempt IPD/Wampa. Zeta Bossk really is strong in PVE.

Team was zBossk L 4* G9, IG88 7* G11, Greedo 7* G8, Dengar 5* G8, Boba 7* G8
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    You can't tell me you aren't getting paploo with all g12 BH..... Mine are a mix of g8, 9 and ten and I walk through it without losing a toon
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Beat the IPD tier twice and got a 6* IPD now! Pumped because he’s part of my arena lineup. So after DSTB he will be close to 7* finally.
    I used all G12 Boba lead,iG88,zam,greedo,dengar. Finished both times with just boba and dengar.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options
    IPD with all gear 11/12 only zeta on bosk

Wampa, not sure the strategy to kill him yet he recovers too much protection....
  • Sthenos
    96 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I have 7* G12 Bounty Hunters and tried the last 2 tiers to get IPD & Wampa shards. However, I got smoked in the 1st 2 phases in both instances. Are these tiers really for G10 and G11 BHs?

Your thoughts?
  • Options
    Same here buddy and I'm guessing no, I can get to the Last encounter with really good rng but after that's impossible
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    They're not for g10/g11 bounty hunters unless you have g11 Bossk. I have g12 zBoba and g11 others and couldn't come close to either. Maybe with enough tries and near-perfect rng you could complete IPD - but not Wampa.

With all the shard shop currency from this past weekend, I just take my 20 Paploo shards and 100 crystals and be content.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    Options
    On the IPD mission, I can consistently get to the last phase with g11 Boba lead, g11 ig88, g9 greedo and g8 Zam and cad bane (didn’t start working on Dengar until recently) However, I do have greedo and boba payout maxed. Greedos payout is insane with all the health steal! And he gets loads of tm off his detonators. Unfortunately, I die pretty quickly at phase 4. I can’t wait to add Bossk and Dengar to the mix once I can get them geared up.
  • BlackIrish
    114 posts Member
    Options
    As always, the event description states the recommended requirements. For example, IPD node states "TOUGH BOUNTY (G10+)". Clearly, having your Bounty Hunters at 7 star is implied... but to have a chance at completing the node you will need to have your Bounty Hunter's at G10 or better.

The Wampa node clearly indicates "DEADLY BOUNTY (G11+)".

The point here is this, Gear 9 Bounty Hunters are not likely to be successful without a perfect RNG scenario falling your way.
  • BlackIrish
    114 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    They're not for g10/g11 bounty hunters unless you have g11 Bossk. I have g12 zBoba and g11 others and couldn't come close to either. Maybe with enough tries and near-perfect rng you could complete IPD - but not Wampa.

What's your speed like on them? Also, do you have your BH's optimized with loads of Potency under that Boba lead?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    BlackIrish wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

What's your speed like on them? Also, do you have your BH's optimized with loads of Potency under that Boba lead?

Not much speed (I think Boba is only like 211). They are all modded for potency, of course.

It's fine though. I know I have the wrong mix (had to run with Zam and Cad as my Dengar is way under geared). And switching mods around isn't worth the hassle to me. As long as they don't change the requirements to Jedi next time the event comes around, I'll know what to focus on if I want to. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*