Bounty Hunter Event [MERGE]

Replies

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Ambassador wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    To those complaining about the supposed recommended gear levels for each tier....welcome to the forums! You've just learned a valuable lesson, which is that the recommendations are useless. It's not just this event either, there's plenty of events where the minimum recommended gear or mods or level is pointless. Ignore it.

Those of you who are not new to the forums and are still complaining about this? Get over it. And ignore it. The minimum requirement is whatever it takes you to beat it, not what some text that usually isn't accurate tells you. Pretend it doesn't exist, you'll be happier. :)
    I would say the « recommended levels » have always been subject to having arena-grade mods and full abilities (at least all omega’s, and even a useful zeta). With more average mods and missing some omega’s, required gear increases.

Yup.

It would be nice if it said something to that effect, to keep people from complaining. But regardless, the minimum is whatever you need to complete it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I soloed the Paploo and Han Solo contract event with a maxed boba g12. Not really that hard if you have your toons geared so idk why everyone is complaining?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Depablo wrote: »
    I soloed the Paploo and Han Solo contract event with a maxed boba g12. Not really that hard if you have your toons geared so idk why everyone is complaining?

1) Welcome to the forums ;)
    2) People expect to complete all tiers of all events regardless of gear or abilities.
  • Options
    Hows the others? I obviously only have boba well geared and bane starred up lol.
    So its gonna be useless for me.
    Dont see myself working them for months.
    Espcially with the **** meta..i mean ship meta seeming to be geo ships.
    And a separatist rework being hinted

Wait how was a separatist rework hinted at?
  • Options

Depablo, the problem is that there are rare people that have bounty hunters geared G12. However, this all said, my BHs average about G9 with mediocre mods across the board, and I auto'd the Solo mission both times. I tried using a Dengar lead a few times and that wasn't good (sad to say, because I had high hopes for the health steal), and ended up switching the Boba Fett lead. Speed still wins.
  • Options
    Is it just me or is the updated really buggy?
    I have all crit chance mods on IG-88 and I use his AoE but don't see any of the target locks with the ability upgrade. If I used Boba Fett in the lead I see the update on execute works, where if the attack does not defeat an enemy it inflicts heal immunity. When I try a different bounty hunter in the lead I am not seeing the healing immunity on none killing attacks. There are a bunch of other oddities and the bounty hunters seem to be much weaker.
    Is anyone else seeing this?
  • Options
    Fatzke wrote: »
    Who expected anything else than another cashgrab? I mean, come on. :D

Second that!

When this event says "very rare" it makes me not even want to waste the time to level a squad of BH up to be able to complete all of the tiers. I know they mentioned a BH rework but I missed the part of a special event for bonus shards. The only players I know that have a valid BH team able to complete even the first tier are those that have 2.0 mil + GP and farmed the BH team out of boredom or doesn't mind spending cash.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Corruptor wrote: »

The raid han rewards for Day 1 players is so disrespectful. Just a slap in the face, AGAIN. Let’s put TB rewards in.... wampa, probe droid, rolo, Captain Han Solo, oh wait scratch that, rancor solo. Lmao.

Again with the people assuming a slap in the face. I have been here the second month so not quite day 1 and have had solo for quite some time. Happy to get shard shop currency.
  • Options
    Dramgon wrote: »

Second that!

When this event says "very rare" it makes me not even want to waste the time to level a squad of BH up to be able to complete all of the tiers. I know they mentioned a BH rework but I missed the part of a special event for bonus shards. The only players I know that have a valid BH team able to complete even the first tier are those that have 2.0 mil + GP and farmed the BH team out of boredom or doesn't mind spending cash.

Bounty hunters are still useful in DSTB. And Boba is a Pilot. They do have a need factor, albeit very low to newer players and those still trying to farm vets for Rey.
  • Options
    Was excited until i was slaughtered by ewoks.
  • Options
    Has anyone actually defeated the Wampa mission.... even with all G12 BH?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Second that!

Completely false..... I am LVL 79, 350k to and I beat it with the following:

Boba 7* G9 LVL 15 mods
    Greedo 6* G8 LVL 15 mods
    Cad Bane 5* G8 LVL 15 mods
    Zam 4* G8 LVL 15 mods
    Dengar 3* G8 LVL 15 mods

I don't know what everyone is whining about.... Other than boba, I just started farming these toons a month ago when word started spreading in regards to BH rework...... If you, or others, didn't then that is your fault....

This game is about choices....
  • _DM_
    10 posts Member
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Second that!

Boba 7* G9 LVL 15 mods
    Greedo 6* G8 LVL 15 mods
    Zam 4* G8 LVL 15 mods
    Dengar 3* G8 LVL 15 mods

I don't know what everyone is whining about.... Other than boba, I just started farming these toons a month ago when word started spreading in regards to BH rework...... If you, or others, didn't then that is your fault....

You beated Wampa with that? Lmao
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    _DM_ wrote: »

Second that!

Boba 7* G9 LVL 15 mods
    Greedo 6* G8 LVL 15 mods
    Zam 4* G8 LVL 15 mods
    Dengar 3* G8 LVL 15 mods

No.... I "beated" the first tier.... The Ewok one, which the person I quoted said was impossible
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

1) Welcome to the forums ;)
    2) People expect to complete all tiers of all events regardless of gear or abilities.

Appreciate it TVF!
    And I also like that comment which is 100% correct “The minimum requirement is whatever it takes you to beat it”
  • Options
    Drakkon wrote: »

Yes. 2 times.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Second that!

Boba 7* G9 LVL 15 mods
    Greedo 6* G8 LVL 15 mods
    Zam 4* G8 LVL 15 mods
    Dengar 3* G8 LVL 15 mods

No.... I "beated" the first tier.... The Ewok one, which the person I quoted said was impossible

Well good for you little boy. But who cares about the first tier? The first tier is made for noobs like you. The real issue here is that we cant beat t4 with g12 BH

Your reading comprehension is lacking. If you cannot beat the wampa with a fully maxed squad, then that is an issue.

I specifically quoted, and replied to, someone who said the first tier was impossible without being a huge GP veteran player. Neither he nor I mentioned the wampa.

Do try to keep up....
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Second that!

Boba 7* G9 LVL 15 mods
    Greedo 6* G8 LVL 15 mods
    Zam 4* G8 LVL 15 mods
    Dengar 3* G8 LVL 15 mods

Well good for you little boy. But who cares about the first tier? The first tier is made for noobs like you. The real issue here is that we cant beat t4 with g12 BH

Your reading comprehension is lacking, let me break out the crayons and try to walk you through this....

1- Poster says first tier is impossible unless you have huge GP
    2- I reply and say that isnt and list what I used
    3- You come in and ask me if I "beated" the Wampa with that squad
    4- I reply that no, I "beated" the first tier, which the poster said was impossible
    5- You come back and call me a little boy and go on about the wampa....

I think you have a wampa obsession.... Take a deep breath, try to comprehend the thread (use a dictionary for the bigger words), and go ask your mom to make you some pop tarts and draw you pictures of wampas.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Second that!

Boba 7* G9 LVL 15 mods
    Greedo 6* G8 LVL 15 mods
    Zam 4* G8 LVL 15 mods
    Dengar 3* G8 LVL 15 mods

Seems to me you're the noob since you can't even beat t4 with g12 BH.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • OdinOakenshield
    306 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    G12, Boba/Dengar/IG88, G11 Zam/Cad, Wampa mission still just an RNG show to hope for all the planets to allign to finish. Did it once but the design of this event is just pure lazy and bad. Lets actually add a challenge, just just spam more speed, TM, Defense, etc. How about special abilities, different moves something. When you have a toon leaving the previous wave at 80% or so TM and then Wampa still goes first and kills your entire team, there is no fun or challenge in that. You need to plan the 3rd wave to leave it with a toon to stun at almost 100% TM to even stand a chance. Honestly, Bossk will help a bit, but it will still be a RNG show since Wampa AOE the first move and kills everyone anyways. And without the extra health from Boba if you want the speed/heal from Bossk they will only die easier.
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    Options

If you can't complete the easiest event with Maxed toons, you should probably uninstall this game.
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    Options

Second that!

Bounty hunters are still useful in DSTB. And Boba is a Pilot. They do have a need factor, albeit very low to newer players and those still trying to farm vets for Rey.

Agreed, I neglected BH's, might put a little more focus in them since there's more to do with them now than just DS TB.
    I'm hoping they add more ships.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    I wish there was another way for this game to make difficult challenges. With the insane speed and tm bonuses it makes the only challenge that of a gear and mod one.

It creates an incredibly narrow band of fun gameplay. Too weak or slow? You get absolutely decimated and spend more time reloading than playing.

Just the right amount of gear and speed? Might be a fun battle for you.

Max gear and mods? Totally steam roll the event (after taking the preloaded 25 hits from the enemy of course).

I'm not sure what the solution is with the game designed as it is, but the free tm for the super fast enemies can't be the most fun option
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    After about 10 tries I finally beat the ROLO tier, just as a point of reference.

https://swgoh.gg/u/tvf/collection/?f=bounty-hunter

Up to date except I added the 2nd payout level on each. Zam was the one I left out of my lineup. Not very strong gear other than Boba. And very poor speed.
  • Options
    I feel it is the nerf and addition of the payout ability. I am sure next go will be better when the payouts are maxed and Bossk is added.

Anyone mess with adding primary stat potency to all the BH’s plus mods? I know Boba grants potency, but I am toying with the idea of Pot on Dengar, Greedo, and Zam at least in the one mod.
  • Options
    Lacibaci wrote: »
    Drakkon wrote: »

Yes. 2 times.

What was your team @Lacibaci