jedi knight anakin shard drop tracking...COMPLETED 7*!

Prev13456789
reizse
1447 posts Member
edited April 2016
i was torn between rey and anakin, but seeing a lack of him in my local top 5, i decided to pass on rey and focus on jedi knight anakin.

i'll be periodically updating this thread with results. my spreadsheet will be updated every day. first day was kind of a lame duck start as it was my leftover energy (after the usual refills).
not sure if i should add a weighted drop column, as it would clutter the spreadsheet a bit more and not sure of any value it might add (because 7d has a higher opportunity cost, we could see if there's a correlation between energy per run per shard drop rate)
FHHdkcr.png
gliKGji.png

• added a section for energy per shard and crystal per shard.
  • added an indicator for star rank (to compare to alleged reports of lower drop rates for higher star rank)
  • added a ticker for days run
  • added a countdown for days until 7*
  • added a column for shard shop

the spreadsheet is complete. if anyone is curious about the 247 shards found (should be 250), the 3 not accounted for are the guaranteed drops from completing each of his hard nodes on the first try

also of note, the total crystal cost is approximately 9100, which is around 70USD if you take your time to farm him out. compare that to the few hundred you could spend to 7* him from chromiums (not sure why anyone would 7* anakin from chromiums...)
mighty chlorians
Post edited by reizse on

Replies

• Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Cool! I too have been trying to farm anakin, currently at 8/85. Also working on rey 49/100 and ima 7/85

I do wish there was an easier way to farm these guys
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    I've been farming Anakin for a long time. I started at 0/80. Currently at 90/100. It's completely doable. Just takes time.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    @Quicksilver @Telaan approximate time you've spent farming? any refills?
    mighty chlorians
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    65/195 here since 2/12.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Hey reizse, cant go wrong with annie, lol. I've been curious about him for weeks until just few days ago I found out how effective he is, especially on defense. Good choice. 3 nodes too yay.....after farming fotp on 2 nodes 3 seem like an easy farm.
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »

Ive only been playing since end of december. Started farming ani mid january i think. I dont refresh his nodes with crystals, i just farm them the first time each day
  • Options
    He won't ever be getting a nerf because he is such a popular character outside of the game.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

I only farm two of his nodes. I do one refresh on each. I've probably been grinding him the last 6 to 8 weeks or so.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    I never have him in shard shop it's so lane
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Baldo wrote: »

He's not worth wasting shard shop currency on.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    awesome thanks for the feedback! I'm hoping to 7* within a reasonable time frame. hindsight 20/20 I should not have farmed fotp(benched and never used 5*) and barriss.
    @Rogan_Ban84 I'm trying to give our top 10 a little more color so to speak. anakin should help I think. I rolled out my rebel team today and I'm a little underwhelmed since I lack leia and hrs. but it handles well on offense and has a weird comp lol.
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    He's a good character maxed and he appears in shipments
  • Options
    31/90 since I started tracking.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

Anakin isn't? Why I'm not going after grevious and I don't ever see Ben or anyone else in there. Anakin is a hidden gem he's worth it if he pops up in shard shop
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    He's a good character maxed and he appears in shipments

Way too infrequently for my tastes. But the RNG gods know I'm in a rush for Yoda so they are hiding him from me. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    That drop rate is almost as bad as that feeling after you get him to 7*, gear him up and run him a few times. :/
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    are shipments worth spending 50 crystals per shard? I only ever did that when I was in a rush to complete another star level for other heroes
    mighty chlorians
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

Anakin isn't? Why I'm not going after grevious and I don't ever see Ben or anyone else in there. Anakin is a hidden gem he's worth it if he pops up in shard shop

He's not a hidden gem anymore. A number of us have been using him quite effectively for a while now in the top 5 on my shard; long before he became a hot ticket item on the forums. While he's a great toon and totally usable in arena at 6*, he's not worth a 10:1 conversion. Just because you don't want grievous now doesn't mean you won't later, or that a toon you do want is later added as another shard shop exclusive.
  • Options
    are shipments worth spending 50 crystals per shard? I only ever did that when I was in a rush to complete another star level for other heroes

I depends. If you are willing to just hit that characters nodes once a day and wait for it to happen on its own, then no. If you are refreshing nodes even once, then yes. Refreshing the nodes cost 50 crystals and you only get a chance at 3 shards drop rate is about 1/3 so for 50 crystals you get 1 shard, assuming you didn't have to buy energy.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

In my opinion, absolutely. I'm guaranteed to buy Anakin or RG shards if I see them.
  • Options
    Anikin will be good pair to QGJ instead of your Lumi until new meta at 82
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    ok thanks again. the sad thing is I've seen rg in the last 6 consecutive shipments but I won't buy them since my rg is only 4* and I need to focus on 1 hero outside of cantina/arena/gw at a time
    mighty chlorians
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

He's excellent paired with QGJ lead. I currently run: QGJ, Anakin, Rey, Luminara, Dooku.
  • Stevespear426
    436 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

In my opinion, absolutely. I'm guaranteed to buy Anakin or RG shards if I see them.

And Ima-Gun Di... also RG and IGD have been showing up almost daily. I guess EA knows they'll get them crystals...
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

And Ima-Gun Di... also RG and IGD have been showing up almost daily. I guess EA knows they'll get them crystals...

Yea. I like igd but he just doesn't have a roll in this current meta. So I can't justify the crystals on him right now. I also seem to be one of the few who have never gotten him as a bronzium drop lol.
  • Options
    I've been grinding Anakin on and off for a while now. I havn't activated him yet have as I was hoping to pull him from a pack. at 134/80. didn't want to pay $70 just for him as I didn't feel like paying the "TAXES" on the rest of those shards so I passed on the pack :(
  • SpeedWeed
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

He's excellent paired with QGJ lead. I currently run: QGJ, Anakin, Rey, Luminara, Dooku.

@Telaan

how many stars is your anakin now? u started using him at 5*?
  • SpeedWeed
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    ok thanks again. the sad thing is I've seen rg in the last 6 consecutive shipments but I won't buy them since my rg is only 4* and I need to focus on 1 hero outside of cantina/arena/gw at a time

@reizse

150 crystals for 3 RG shards seems not quite worth it...
  • Options
    I'm farming on Ani.. it's a hard farm to be honest.. since I can't unlock dark side 7-D :(
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    That drop rate is almost as bad as that feeling after you get him to 7*, gear him up and run him a few times. :/

@BentWookie

he's a strong toon for Arena no?

or are you suggesting he isn't that good?