jedi knight anakin shard drop tracking...COMPLETED 7*!

Replies

• reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Cool! I too have been trying to farm anakin, currently at 8/85. Also working on rey 49/100 and ima 7/85

I do wish there was an easier way to farm these guys

so I was at 8/85 on Feb 28th, today im at 68/85

so it looks like I got 60 anakin shards in about 3 weeks

without refreshing any of his nodes, and I only farmed the 2 out of 3 cheaper nodes (I ignored the 20 energy nodes, they are worthless and rarely ever give me shards)

I would buy him in shard shop and shipments whenever he appeared also but thats next to never

so going by this I should have him 7* in about 6 weeks :D

my original thought was proven incorrect. higher energy does not equate to higher drop rates. but the 20 energy node has the same chance to drop shards as the other two
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »
    Cool! I too have been trying to farm anakin, currently at 8/85. Also working on rey 49/100 and ima 7/85

I do wish there was an easier way to farm these guys

so I was at 8/85 on Feb 28th, today im at 68/85

so it looks like I got 60 anakin shards in about 3 weeks

without refreshing any of his nodes, and I only farmed the 2 out of 3 cheaper nodes (I ignored the 20 energy nodes, they are worthless and rarely ever give me shards)

I would buy him in shard shop and shipments whenever he appeared also but thats next to never

so going by this I should have him 7* in about 6 weeks :D

my original thought was proven incorrect. higher energy does not equate to higher drop rates. but the 20 energy node has the same chance to drop shards as the other two

thats probably true but I have ZERO luck with the 20 energy nodes, I rarely ever get shards from those. The only 20 energy node I farm is Ima Gun Di since he only has that one and one other spot to farm, but I get way more Ima shards from his cheaper node than the 20 energy. I dont use the 20 energy for Rey or Ani because they never gave me shards
  • Options
    Anakin 20 energy node can drop the annoying piece of purple and the disc

That's the best node.

I am focused on anakin

Not sure if I will ever be able to 7* Vader
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    i'm pretty impatient, so the fact that i've stuck with it this long has got to mean something LOL.
    we'll all get to 7* eventually. it just seems so freakin daunting when first starting out....but once you dig in, it's hard to stop
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Pulled JKA from a single chromium back in December but benched him after the LS missions. Started farming him (refreshing each node) a few weeks ago and he's already 74/85 :D got lucky with finding him in shipments a few times. Just started farming Rey too 17/80 :s I really want to farm IGD for the new update but Rey is more of a sure thing...I think. But a Jedi team with IGD lead, QGJ, JKA, Ahsoka/Mace/OB and maybe 5s could be awesome.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    i was torn between rey and anakin, but seeing a lack of him in my local top 5, i decided to pass on rey and focus on jedi knight anakin.

i'll be periodically updating this thread with results. my spreadsheet will be updated every day. first day was kind of a lame duck start as it was my leftover energy (after the usual refills).
    not sure if i should add a weighted drop column, as it would clutter the spreadsheet a bit more and not sure of any value it might add (because 7d has a higher opportunity cost, we could see if there's a correlation between energy per run per shard drop rate)
    GPG5Rad.png
    • added a section for energy per shard and crystal per shard.
    • added an indicator for star rank (to compare to alleged reports of lower drop rates for higher star rank)
    • added a ticker for days run
    • added a countdown for days until 7*
    • added a column for shard shop

What times do you do your farming? Is it consistent?
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    See I would be interested to know what times you're doing the pulls and what dropped when. Like if you do 6am and don't get many from location a but at 6pm that location gave you X number.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    @dtmike1 apart from one weekend when i was camping in joshua tree, i run the nodes and update the sheet/thread during breakfast before work, which is currently 7am dst.
    mighty chlorians
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The last week I have gone 0/9, 1/9 or 2/9 pretty much every day. Really frustrating.
    He is making me squeeze for those last shards. Cannot wait until I am done with this.
    Meanwhile, we don't even know when the Yoda event is returning.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I went 4 days in row of JK Anakin of 0/6 but it's picked up a bit recently but back to 2 days of 0/6 and have him on 64/65 so I should be able to at least get a 5* yoda when the event returns
    Qeltar wrote: »
    The last week I have gone 0/9, 1/9 or 2/9 pretty much every day. Really frustrating.
    He is making me squeeze for those last shards. Cannot wait until I am done with this.

UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    I love my 7 star Anakin!
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    I've been using him at 6* pretty successfully. 7* will be a real treat. I think rotating him in with barriss lead for gw will be very nice. my gw lineup rarely changes lol
    mighty chlorians
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    How did you do em all at 7am for 150 shards? I get 150 shards for the refresh for the farming locations. 312 energy would require 2 50 shard refreshes. Meaning really it's 250 shards per day for all 18 pulls at once. If it's all done at once. So I thought maybe you were spreading the pulls out during the day using the 135 extra energy to achieve the 150 shards.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    dtmike1 wrote: »
    How did you do em all at 7am for 150 shards? I get 150 shards for the refresh for the farming locations. 312 energy would require 2 50 shard refreshes. Meaning really it's 250 shards per day for all 18 pulls at once. If it's all done at once. So I thought maybe you were spreading the pulls out during the day using the 135 extra energy to achieve the 150 shards.

I'm using the crystals I would for gear refreshes (no longer refreshing for gear).

mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Farming stats for Anakin:

My guild has been recording drop rates for gear, cantina and hard nodes.
    So far in March Anakin has dropped 74/201 or 36.82%.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options

those shares are hard nodes only right? because anakin and gear do not drop from squad cantina.
    unless you're saying cantina shipments, but those aren't calculated in my drop% just total shards found
    mighty chlorians
  • Options

I'm using the crystals I would for gear refreshes (no longer refreshing for gear).

I'm not sure but I think we are misunderstanding one another.

7-D @ 20 energy per attempt and only allowed 3 attempts 60 energy. One refresh of level 7-D 50 shards. However now used 120 energy. Meaning only 9 remains. So to attempt any other pulls from 5-B and 5-C now requires an energy refresh of 50 shards. Now we are at 100 shards.

Let's say we do 5-B 3 times at 16 each and then do the level reset. Now 150 shards and used 96 energy.

Now we can pull twice from 5-C before needing more energy. 50 more shards and we are at 200 shards used. Doing the last of 3 and now the level needs the 50 shards to refresh. Now that brings the daily energy used at 7am to 250 for all 18 attempts.

Now if you aren't doing all 18 at once and spreading them out. Like say using the bonus energy that's given at 1pm 7pm and 10pm then you aren't spending that much on shards to refresh energy. Yet it changes the times you hit the SIM tickets.

So that's what I am asking if you are doing them all at breakfast or spreading the attempts over the day and doing the totals at 7am the next morning.

See my idea is that the drop rate is stronger at different points of every day. Like it moves. Doing mine at the same time every night I've noticed some days are better but on nights when it isn't dropping well that if I wait till a different time it's better. However I'm averaging barely 5 per day. Your showing an average of 6 per day. My daily goal is 5 anakin shards. So far I'm getting that by moving my times if I'm not dropping well.

I hope this makes sense. I have trouble explaining myself and being clear on what I am asking. I mainly wanna know if you're doing all at once or spreading your attempts out only using 150 shards for the refresh of the level?
  • Options

those shares are hard nodes only right? because anakin and gear do not drop from squad cantina.
    unless you're saying cantina shipments, but those aren't calculated in my drop% just total shards found

Sorry for the confusion, the quoted stats are for hard node farming of Anakin shards only.
    We're recording drops rates on all farming that we're doing in the month of March.... All purple gear being farmed, 8 separate characters from various cantina nodes, and in total over 30 characters being farmed from hard nodes.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options

I'm not sure but I think we are misunderstanding one another.

7-D @ 20 energy per attempt and only allowed 3 attempts 60 energy. One refresh of level 7-D 50 shards. However now used 120 energy. Meaning only 9 remains. So to attempt any other pulls from 5-B and 5-C now requires an energy refresh of 50 shards. Now we are at 100 shards.

Let's say we do 5-B 3 times at 16 each and then do the level reset. Now 150 shards and used 96 energy.

Now we can pull twice from 5-C before needing more energy. 50 more shards and we are at 200 shards used. Doing the last of 3 and now the level needs the 50 shards to refresh. Now that brings the daily energy used at 7am to 250 for all 18 attempts.

Now if you aren't doing all 18 at once and spreading them out. Like say using the bonus energy that's given at 1pm 7pm and 10pm then you aren't spending that much on shards to refresh energy. Yet it changes the times you hit the SIM tickets.

So that's what I am asking if you are doing them all at breakfast or spreading the attempts over the day and doing the totals at 7am the next morning.

See my idea is that the drop rate is stronger at different points of every day. Like it moves. Doing mine at the same time every night I've noticed some days are better but on nights when it isn't dropping well that if I wait till a different time it's better. However I'm averaging barely 5 per day. Your showing an average of 6 per day. My daily goal is 5 anakin shards. So far I'm getting that by moving my times if I'm not dropping well.

I hope this makes sense. I have trouble explaining myself and being clear on what I am asking. I mainly wanna know if you're doing all at once or spreading your attempts out only using 150 shards for the refresh of the level?

by shards do you mean crystals? if yes, then I am using 250 every day, but the 150 count for my crystal per shard ratio. the other 50/50 refreshes are what I would spend regardless of farming anakin shards or not.

and I can't say I see a correlation between time of farming vs success rate. my entire sample size is based off 7am runs, so there's no evidence to support yes or no
    mighty chlorians
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks, that's what I'm looking for. Yeah, I got confused multitasking lol... I did notice a few weak days for yours was followed by a blast day. One day you got 3 then followed by a 7 then a 2 followed by a 9 shard day. Some of us are getting four or less. I've been trying spreading them out, and different times.

See, I don't feel as lucky in my bulk drops as you seem to be having except by spreading em out if I'm having a bad attempt. My lowest so far has been 3 of 18 and I had did those all at once. I had just kept pulling hoping for more than one lol.

I'm at 55 of 85 and it's driving me crazy lol. When I was going for mace my daily goal was 10 of 24. That was able to happen about every day. With anakin my goal is five a day and it's frustrating. If I could get 10 a day I'd have him in 13 days. At my current rate it will take 26.... (Face palm).

With them doing the new cap in a few weeks I feel like anakin will end up taking a back seat again even though I want him 7* like bad.

My complaint with anakins toon is I don't think he would hunch over. He was proud and cocky. Stood tall in the movies. Also I would think if they made him a swinger type character that would up his value. Like able to do both light and dark side missions. Ya know because he was always struggling in the grey area even as Vader. So I think it would be fun if he had more abilities. Light side and dark side abilities. So when you battle on dark side missions it one way and light it's the other. A leader ability that effects everyone not just Jedi. What would make him interesting and intense is he could shift mid arena battle. Resetting all of his cool downs and changing his abilities. Like if your team had more dark side toons he could start off light and go dark or the other way around.

I kinda think they missed out on making him one of the more interesting and intense.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Seems the word that means arrogant is considered a bad word. Ya know, the other name for a male rooster +y...
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    To support my case of "hot times" I just was on a hot streak... Between 1:40-1:53am est I had what I would call a 66.66% drop rate. I had went gained 12/18 (two thirds) I decided to keep the attempts going since i was getting 2 out of every 3. Went all the way to 22/33 attempts before the cost I felt was too much to continue. Ended up spending about 950 purple crystals on refreshes and energy (5-b 250, 5-c 250, 7-d 150, and 300 on energy). I was half asleep but I think the cost for refreshes went 50,100,100. I just know when it got to 200 to refresh I said no but on 7-d where it's 20 energy I still have a 100 refresh left. I was 22 away from 6* so I kept going until it happened.

Perhaps it was just luck yet when I got 3/4 out the gate I knew I should keep going. Dooku went 7/10 in the cantina as well. I didn't keep that one going. My goal was anakin. He's 6* so I'm happy I'm on my way to 7. My point is the same that it may be times that is on like a rotation. Either by hour or by day I don't know. Just feels like at certain times or days I get more gear than character shards. Sometimes neither drop well and I get droids. This time it was on characters only hot streak and I milked it.

So call it luck or maybe it's something to this temporal mapping of character shards. You decide.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    well, i've had good days and bad days and i hit the nodes at the same time +/- 15 minutes every day. for example today, i had 3/18 drops, yesterday 5/18 and the day before 7/18. it all averages out except for the 1-2 outliers which are outside the range of the confidence level
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    by 1-2, i'm talking about the 9+/18 shard days. i think i only had 1 of those lol
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    eBitzu wrote: »
    I'm farming on Ani.. it's a hard farm to be honest.. since I can't unlock dark side 7-D :(

Yes I know the pain. But I got it the other day. I would use all 7 star char or work with what you got and make sure u heal. Also AI sucks. Ur instinct of who to attack and what to attack with is gonna be more effective
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    I went 4 days in row of JK Anakin of 0/6 but it's picked up a bit recently but back to 2 days of 0/6 and have him on 64/65 so I should be able to at least get a 5* yoda when the event returns
    Qeltar wrote: »

And I thought I was the only one who would go 0/24
  • Options
    i can tell u RNG is not always RNG

there is always a time based algorithm for it to work off for programming.

i usually skip the node and go do something else if i dont get any shard drop

while its hard to tell on hard nodes. if you try cantina.

u will notice the streaks

but not everyone has the time to come back again to use up the energy

so far it has worked for me.

Could be confirmation biase of cos
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    i do 45 cantina runs every day, 39 in the morning and 6 in the evening at the same time.
    39 runs at 7:15am dst
    6 runs at 8:00pm dst

here are the results after 12 days...you'll see i have good and bad streaks, but the average is 33%
    GEkhtCh.png
    mighty chlorians
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    SpeedWeed wrote: »
    i can tell u RNG is not always RNG

there is always a time based algorithm for it to work off for programming.

i usually skip the node and go do something else if i dont get any shard drop

while its hard to tell on hard nodes. if you try cantina.

u will notice the streaks

but not everyone has the time to come back again to use up the energy

so far it has worked for me.

Could be confirmation biase of cos

That's awesome. That's actually similar to what I had been doing. Fishing the cantina first. Yet I am impatient at times and just wanna get the farm work done. Last night it was the fishing that tipped me off. I went 4/4 for Dooku and jumped over to try anakin. I went bananas on him since the drops were higher. Then it started cooling off. I just wish I knew which way the hot spots shifted if it is a pattern. Like an hour, 2,3,6,12 hours and so many minutes and how big of a bullseye time frame.

My goal with most character farming is 10 per day. Anakin the more realistic goal is 5.

Ha ha I think they should totally create a farmers almanac for gamers lol.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    everyone has their rituals. just like every week there was a fotw summoning ritual for summoners war that was wildly entertaining to read about. in the end, it never works out to be anything but anecdotal evidence (personal experience) and trying to link them to perceived patterns to explain hot and cold streaks. if it works out that certain times give 'better drop rates' then by all means, collect the data to prove it. I would be quite interested to see if such a theory is true
    mighty chlorians