jedi knight anakin shard drop tracking...COMPLETED 7*!

Replies

• Thysk
    85 posts Member
    Options
    reizse wrote: »
    Brownie wrote: »
    Just FYI your total should take total drops and divide by total attempts so 19/58 or 32.75%. It looks like you added the three percentages together and divided by three. This will not provide an accurate percentage.

good catch! i suck at math and excel can't hide it. LOL

thanks mate!

lol no problem thanks for tracking!

since i suck at math, can you explain the difference between taking the average of 3 nodes versus calculating the rate from raw data?

If your data was 2/6, 1/6 and 2/6, then you could indeed add the 3 percentages together and divide by 3. It would work out the same. This is only because all three sets of data have the same number of attempts. But in these situations, you have to essentially take a weighted average, not just an average to get relevant data.

So, the method that works in all situation is to just add up all the successes and divide that by a sum of the attempts. So, 2/9 (.22), 3/7 (.43), and 4/12 (.25) = 9/28 (.32) (Not .30)
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin I've been averaging 2 or 3 per day for the past two weeks since I restarted farming him... Not had a day where I pulled nothing from the two nodes I'm farming him thankfully!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Just FYI your total should take total drops and divide by total attempts so 19/58 or 32.75%. It looks like you added the three percentages together and divided by three. This will not provide an accurate percentage.

thanks mate!

since i suck at math, can you explain the difference between taking the average of 3 nodes versus calculating the rate from raw data?

I can tell you with an overexaggerated exsmple.

Imagine you have two nodes. In one of them you do 0/99. In the other one you do 1/1. If you average the %, you will get 50% drop chance (0%+100%, then divided by 2). Really, you are getting 1% (0+1, then divided by 100).
    Hope the example is clear enough
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    ...jedi knight rey? padawan rey?)

That's Ultimate Master Of The Universe Rey for you.
  • Options
    Just got my Anakin to 7* as well. Too lazy to screen shot but it happened. He's awesome. But the ultimate goal is still yoda. With QGJ lead Anakin can grant offense up ASAP.
  • Options
    Also I was up to around 10 shards a day. With 2 refills on 2 nodes each
  • Options
    Just playing around in gw, Anakin sure is fun. His cool down on special is only 3 turn, you use it and only 2 more turn till another use, it could come quick if one or your characters die.
    Very fun.

If one of your characters die? Wut? That's the entire point of GW though, if you're not playing Daka. Thinking of it, Daka+Anakin would be one of the sackiest RNG combos.

@Telaan do you still remember the main gear VIII requirements? I'm still stuck at the 40 Frisbees (+5% Tenacity bullhonkey).
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    thanks @Thysk and @Triqui makes perfect sense now
    mighty chlorians
  • Gwonk
    239 posts Member
    Options
    Went 0/9 on Anakin shards today. Very sad :(
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Options
    @eBitzu just curious who your dark squad is. I just three starred 7-d with a pretty awful dark side team. Wanted to offer you advice. I did it with the weakest possible squad. I have 7star sid,7 star daka, 5 star terrible talia, 4 star vader, 6 star ig-86 (gear 6). The key for me was borrowing either maxed out poggle or maxed out Darth maul. You should go on the forums and see if anyone has one. He rips up the round three guys I borrowed @Predian s maul. It was nice.
  • eBitzu
    286 posts Member
    Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    @eBitzu just curious who your dark squad is. I just three starred 7-d with a pretty awful dark side team. Wanted to offer you advice. I did it with the weakest possible squad. I have 7star sid,7 star daka, 5 star terrible talia, 4 star vader, 6 star ig-86 (gear 6). The key for me was borrowing either maxed out poggle or maxed out Darth maul. You should go on the forums and see if anyone has one. He rips up the round three guys I borrowed @Predian s maul. It was nice.

This is all I have for now..
    Gjz9EQ1.png
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • Options
    @eBitzu welp, Tarkin, Cad Bane AND Urorororurro that's pretty terrible (luck).
    That Daka needs maximum care. It's perfectly possible to take her through all the dark missions at 4* but she really needs full gear.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • eBitzu
    286 posts Member
    Options
    @eBitzu welp, Tarkin, Cad Bane AND Urorororurro that's pretty terrible (luck).
    That Daka needs maximum care. It's perfectly possible to take her through all the dark missions at 4* but she really needs full gear.

I have a support Old Daka, that's ok.. we really need a good DS healer
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Just playing around in gw, Anakin sure is fun. His cool down on special is only 3 turn, you use it and only 2 more turn till another use, it could come quick if one or your characters die.
    Very fun.

If one of your characters die? Wut? That's the entire point of GW though, if you're not playing Daka. Thinking of it, Daka+Anakin would be one of the sackiest RNG combos.

@Telaan do you still remember the main gear VIII requirements? I'm still stuck at the 40 Frisbees (+5% Tenacity bullhonkey).

I was testing him in gw for arena.
    If one of your characters die, he goes again, the more he goes the faster he can use his special.
    Not that you want you're characters dying, of course.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options

Happy to help
  • Options
    I'll follow this thread as I'm farming JK Anakin but only have the one slot to farm him so far and unfortunately have been unlucky with 1 shard in last 4 days (12 pulls)
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    I have an almost identical squad in terms of stars gear power... Looking at your squad I would use maybe sid as leader for the damage. (Or phasma for turns). But I found 7d need damage. Healing sucks on the dark side we all roll Talia and daka. Couple things that helped me: 1) borrow a maxed poggle for offense up. Or maul... 2) don't be afraid of kit fistos counter attack for your aoes. You will need to get lucky and a good rng. When I three starred it after a lot of tries kit never countered me once... 3) Vader (tank stays alive), phas,sid,dooku,talia. 4) assume talia will die. Mine did everytime. Dakas' revive got her back the first time a did a one star, then a two star, and finally a simable three star!! Keep trying. Don't waste too much energy and stuff on Talia just to get that node. Get to where you can play it and win it and then once you will get lucky w three stars. I have been on it 10 days plus. Only go in with a borrowed poggle or maul that is maxed...

• Olaf
    10 posts Member
    Options
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    Just got my Anakin to 7* as well. Too lazy to screen shot but it happened. He's awesome. But the ultimate goal is still yoda. With QGJ lead Anakin can grant offense up ASAP.
    Agreed - The way I roll in arena + yoda
  • Sticare_Courts_0073
    1916 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have an almost identical squad in terms of stars gear power... Looking at your squad I would use maybe sid as leader for the damage. (Or phasma for turns). But I found 7d need damage. Healing sucks on the dark side we all roll Talia and daka. Couple things that helped me: 1) borrow a maxed poggle for offense up. Or maul... 2) don't be afraid of kit fistos counter attack for your aoes. You will need to get lucky and a good rng. When I three starred it after a lot of tries kit never countered me once... 3) Vader (tank stays alive), phas,sid,dooku,talia. 4) assume talia will die. Mine did everytime. Dakas' revive got her back the first time a did a one star, then a two star, and finally a simable three star!! Keep trying. Don't waste too much energy and stuff on Talia just to get that node. Get to where you can play it and win it and then once you will get lucky w three stars. I have been on it 10 days plus. Only go in with a borrowed poggle or maul that is maxed...
    Good tips! and no, Talia isn't needed. I would even advise against using her.
    My complete adventures to 3*-dom are to be found here: THE LINK.
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

thanks mate!

Didnt read to see if anyone answered this yet, but the basic idea is if you calculate the % from the raw data you get the correct number.

If you just took the average of the three %s, your number will be off unless all three nodes had the same number of attempts. Basically, you are weighting each of these %s the same, regardless of attempts.

For example...
    3 nodes
    0/30 = 0%
    4/4 = 100%
    6/6 = 100%

Add all three up and average for a rate of 66 2/3% drop rate.

But...

The actual rate is 10/40 or 25%

In the first example, the 0/30 is weighted for only 1/3 of the total value while in the second example it is weighted correctly at 75% of the value (30/40 total attempts)

Hope that makes sense!
    Post edited by Brownie on
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options

thanks mate!

Didnt read to see if anyone answered this yet, but the basic idea is if you calculate the % from the raw data you get the correct number.

If you just took the average of the three %s, you're number will be off unless all three nodes had the same number of attempts. Basically, you are weighting each of these %s the same, regardless of attempts.

For example...
    3 nodes
    0/30 = 0%
    4/4 = 100%
    6/6 = 100%

Add all three up and average for a rate of 66 2/3% drop rate.

But...

The actual rate is 10/40 or 25%

In the first example, the 0/30 is weighted for only 1/3 of the total value while in the second example it is weighted correctly at 75% of the value (30/40 total attempts)

Hope that makes sense!

it did. thanks for the lesson! the drop rates are weighted since the number of runs aren't equal
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    looks like everything is averaging out to 1/3 or better per node. i hope i just didn't jinx myself for the next week's worth of drops LOL
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    That's a nice looking spreadsheet OP.
    I like the bars of %
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    That's a nice looking spreadsheet OP.
    I like the bars of %

thanks! it's all formulas. the only input fields are 'shards' and 'runs'
    mighty chlorians
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Just got Anakin to 5*, and he surprisingly has already made it into my lineup. QGJ (L) dooku, GS, Sid and Ani. He's pretty good, he gets offense up on his first turn sometimes, and has good health. I like him more than Rey at 5* in my arena lineup
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    at the current rate, it looks like i'll be able to hit 7* before my proposed 40 days. here's hoping
    mighty chlorians
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    Quick reply to say thanks to OP for making this thread. I'm also farming him, but not refreshing his nodes. Attempting to do Rey and Anakin at the same time. So far I've been averaging 4 shards a day. Now that I posted this, I'll get none for the next week. lol
  • Options
    Mazurka wrote: »
    Just got Anakin to 5*, and he surprisingly has already made it into my lineup. QGJ (L) dooku, GS, Sid and Ani. He's pretty good, he gets offense up on his first turn sometimes, and has good health. I like him more than Rey at 5* in my arena lineup
    Yes yes, stars are one thing but the major thing about Ani is his FREAKIN PURPLE GEAR. :|
    What gear level is yours?
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Anraeth wrote: »
    Quick reply to say thanks to OP for making this thread. I'm also farming him, but not refreshing his nodes. Attempting to do Rey and Anakin at the same time. So far I've been averaging 4 shards a day. Now that I posted this, I'll get none for the next week. lol

i feel the same way...if i announce that i've gotten more than 1/3 drop rate, i expect the next few days to drop less to adhere to the law of averages...oh boy...
    mighty chlorians
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Mazurka wrote: »

May I ask your rank? There are times when I'm half tempted to slap Anakin in Arena even though he is only 5 stars with Rey so I bench both. Very eager to get my dream team of QGJ, Anakin, Rey, Dooku, GS in order.