jedi knight anakin shard drop tracking...COMPLETED 7*!

Replies

• dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    reizse wrote: »
    everyone has their rituals. just like every week there was a fotw summoning ritual for summoners war that was wildly entertaining to read about. in the end, it never works out to be anything but anecdotal evidence (personal experience) and trying to link them to perceived patterns to explain hot and cold streaks. if it works out that certain times give 'better drop rates' then by all means, collect the data to prove it. I would be quite interested to see if such a theory is true

And that's exactly what I am attempting to do... However my method is still being tested. Since we are both farming the same character I like the fact you are staying consistent with your farming times for anakin it gives me sort of a base line. I'm searching around to see if it is something to give a better drop than 33%. So the fact of the matter is we kinda linked on this one. You were 50+ shards on me. I also haven't see him in the shard shop nor shipments no where near what you are seeing him. Heck I don't even think I've seen him in the shard shop once since it opened. The last time I seen him in shipments was like a week or two before the last Yoda challenge when I was farming mace.

I think together we can find out if timing plays a factor or not. I'm not sure how far I am behind you but your last spread sheet I looked at showed you were 10 days until 7*. At five a day (which it feels like I have averaged until last night) I'm looking at 20 days. If I'm lucky and find some pattern or method that gets me a few more averaged than you and i close the gap to at least tie the difference. Then I think it may be a case for my timing conversation.

I am currently at 0/100. So however many you have on me is your head start. Think of it like a scientific race. We both want anakin asap and I am willing to spend more at what I feel to be hot times in the rotation. See it doesn't work if I don't spend while I'm searching around unless I spot the pattern. Last night I was willing to spend extra because I landed on what felt to be a higher drop rate. So if me getting 3-4 shards averaging looking around you'll blow me out of the water. Yet if in a week I get the higher rate per drop I'll spend more to help make my case.

So I'll actually keep track of my spending from here on out. It's hard to explain from my end. You just keep doing what you've been doing and we will see if I can close the gap. I won't spend more than you like if I have went 4-6/18. However if I get a 12/18 I'm gonna go ahead and spend more to make my case. Hope that all makes sense.

• reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    yes it does make sense. i'll be glad to see the data produced! in the end, we both get the hero we want so it's a win win. i'm currently at 38/100
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Hey reizse, cant go wrong with annie, lol. I've been curious about him for weeks until just few days ago I found out how effective he is, especially on defense. Good choice. 3 nodes too yay.....after farming fotp on 2 nodes 3 seem like an easy farm.

What are you guys talking about? Anakin is terrible. Horribly underpowered! I'm actually annoyed by it. I have him at 70 w/5*'s & he is still near the middle of my team roster (usually organized by power level). I don't ever break him out because he just crumbles.

What's am I missing here?

I'm on an extremely competitive hard launch server. I can/do win #1 with him.

I'm on one of the toughest, since I came into the game nearly in the very beginning. I am rethinking things as well. You have to get him leveled up and then he becomes something special. If you look at the math, and projected trajectory, at level 80 he will be a monster. I'm going to continue farming him. :wink:
  • Options
    I really want to 7* anakin but im taking my time, only doing the 2 cheaper hard nodes daily, I usually only get 1-2 shards a day. Right now I have him 38/85 so im in for quite a long haul, but thats okay, in this game impatience costs money and im over that, ill get him whenever I get him

That's some serious wisdom you're dishing out.
    "In this game, impatience costs money, and I'm over that" I couldn't have said it better.
  • Options
    I'm getting ridiculous pulls on Anakin. Sometimes I'll get three shards of just one Node. I cannot beat the level 7 node though...the last and only one left. Still, I'm getting at least 4 a day from other sources.

I farm really early in the morning...I don't know if that helps. Really early...or late...3 or 4 am.
  • Options
    I'm getting ridiculous pulls on Anakin. Sometimes I'll get three shards of just one Node. I cannot beat the level 7 node though...the last and only one left. Still, I'm getting at least 4 a day from other sources.

I farm really early in the morning...I don't know if that helps. Really early...or late...3 or 4 am.

I do my Anakin farming between 4 and 5 a.m. in the morning, and I usually do quite well. Unfortunately I don't do any tracking of drops due to my lack of free time before work. I have never refreshed his nodes, as I am currently refreshing Rey's until I get her maxed. From my experience, I find myself being more satisfied with Ani's drop-rate than Rey's.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Hey reizse, cant go wrong with annie, lol. I've been curious about him for weeks until just few days ago I found out how effective he is, especially on defense. Good choice. 3 nodes too yay.....after farming fotp on 2 nodes 3 seem like an easy farm.

What are you guys talking about? Anakin is terrible. Horribly underpowered! I'm actually annoyed by it. I have him at 70 w/5*'s & he is still near the middle of my team roster (usually organized by power level). I don't ever break him out because he just crumbles.

What's am I missing here?

I'm on an extremely competitive hard launch server. I can/do win #1 with him.

I'm on one of the toughest, since I came into the game nearly in the very beginning. I am rethinking things as well. You have to get him leveled up and then he becomes something special. If you look at the math, and projected trajectory, at level 80 he will be a monster. I'm going to continue farming him. :wink:

I started on November 25th, just a day after hard launch I think? my server is mature and I placed 1st 4 times this week with anakin on my team at 6*.
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    I finally got mine to 7*
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Just got mine to 6. Struggling to figure out an effective squad w him. I have pretty much all the meta characters. What is YOUR most successful Ani squad??
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    took 1st place again today for the 5th time this week.
    all out of arena attempts, so i used gw to show my arena team. i assume it's no good on defense, but works on offense pretty well. but just about any team will do on offense, so it's not saying much

7GS3m35.jpg
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    I finally got mine to 7*

grats! i'm jealous...
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    50/100 means I have him at 6* and need 50 more to 7 star him

Might as well finish him off then. Why is he B team in your opinion. You didn't really offer up an explanation to your statement.

Read hundred of posts about Anakin on this forum. Not a single person says he's A-team. Some "hope" he's A-team, he is not. I too thought he might be useful other than Yoda event. Just get Yoda, he's A-team. Barris is useful for GW at least. I long said, either buff him or nerf him, 6* Yoda is just good enough for me for now.

Anakin used to be great till they nerfed his yoda meditation synergies. I've had him maxed for over a month. I stopped using him entirely after this change. It used to be that as lead, Anakins offense up would be spread to the whole team by Yoda along with BM tenacity. That's in addition to the leader offense bump for Jedi. That was some awesome power, and I was the only one running it on my server. Now he's just mediocre and doesn't make any of my teams at all.

I know about the QGJ pairing, but I don't find that the set up on timing is consistent enough to base a squad on it. Plus it never lines up smartly in the AI. Thus I fall much farther on defense with Anakin on my team than any of my other combos.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    second day of 16.66% drops. hope the cold streak ends tomorrow...
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Hopefully he's decent I've just started farming him
  • Options
    vg6k4z.jpg
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    vg6k4z.jpg

LMFAO! happy easter!
    mighty chlorians
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm having it rough today myself. Currently 3/15. Have spread them out since last night I went 1/8 during the am hours, after noon went 2/7. Just searching around for a hot spot lol...
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    dtmike1 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm having it rough today myself. Currently 3/15. Have spread them out since last night I went 1/8 during the am hours, after noon went 2/7. Just searching around for a hot spot lol...

paul-marcarelli-07.jpg
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Skitha81 wrote: »
    Dude, farm guys you like. Don't listen to anybody about who is good or not.

Exactly. Have fun. Enjoy the game for what it is. People are too focused on meta this, meta that. Be an individual and do what you want.
  • Options
    Man, today has just been brutal. Gear, shards, all of it has just been tough to get anything. Mostly just getting droids, sim tickets, money, and ally credits. I've cast a wide net for many different items at many different times. I still have a few more anakin attempts left but dang. RNGesus is not happy lol.
  • Options
    I mean even the cantina only gave me 2 old Ben shards. Just 2 out of the whole day. I got 3 anakin shards, and 3 needed gear pieces nod not even many gear pieces of things I don't want. Like I said, just a rough day for anything in my neck of the woods...
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    dtmike1 wrote: »
    I mean even the cantina only gave me 2 old Ben shards. Just 2 out of the whole day. I got 3 anakin shards, and 3 needed gear pieces nod not even many gear pieces of things I don't want. Like I said, just a rough day for anything in my neck of the woods...

man that's rough... i had a good day today. 10/18 shards for anakin and 13/38 so far for old ben. fotp got 3/6
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    I really want to 7* anakin but im taking my time, only doing the 2 cheaper hard nodes daily, I usually only get 1-2 shards a day. Right now I have him 38/85 so im in for quite a long haul, but thats okay, in this game impatience costs money and im over that, ill get him whenever I get him

That's some serious wisdom you're dishing out.
    "In this game, impatience costs money, and I'm over that" I couldn't have said it better.

thank you :D

Im new to these kind of games but I realized early on in this game the only advantage people who pay get are exclusive characters (for a short while until they are made available to everyone) and besides that it just speeds up their progress, not worth the cash in the long run if you ask me, so thats why im more than happy to just grind things at a steady pace and let it come when it comes

with that being said I just got my anakin and ima gun di to 6* a couple days ago, just from farming 2 of their hard nodes daily (no refreshes) and occassionally buying them from shard shop or shipments if they appeared which is not often, so its very possible to do just takes some patience!
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    with the patching projected to launch on thursday, i'll probably be changing up my farming times to make sure i'm as close to 129 energy without using any refreshes as possible.
    mighty chlorians
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    6 days ago on 3/26 I had my 66% drop. Tonight between 2:15 and 3am I did 18/36. If I had stopped when I noticed it was getting cold and not spent the extra crystals on refreshes and energy would have had 66% 18/27. Yet I got greedy and it cost me over a thousand crystals for a 50% drop... So I ended up having to buy more crystals. Boooo me.

However, this story takes a twist. See, my next Jedi I want in ima gun di. I have farmed him a little here and there but was hoping for an activation drop from the free packs. Had got a shard or two by clicking on find and connecting that to the free pack. Trying a new ritual. Anyway, call it dumb luck but after I did the find option my clumbsy finger hit on the 1330 pack when I was scrolling over. I caught it before I purchased but said, why not. I got a gun di activation and 12 more anakin shards from it. Talk about lucky, I hadn't bought any packs in a while so I almost pooped my pants when I got two out of four things I wanted. Time for Vegas!

Anyway so with the 12 extra I'm now at 59/100.

As far as hot times, I'm still on the fence about that because I usually spread them out and wasn't doing to well. If anything I would call my method blast farming. I usually just do the 18 attempts but if I get a streak of 10 or more of 18 I go ahead and spend a few more crystals and I have to land 2/3 to justify continuing because 50 crystals per shard is what shipments cost. Unless I'm being an **** like I did tonight. I had no discipline. Kept going even when I knew better. LoL...

So I'm gonna count my happy accident as like the shipment cost because I haven't seen anakin in shipments nor shard shop in a month or more. Really since I started farming him. Even though the gun di activation was to me worth the 1330 by itself. We can say I spent 600 on him in shipments and the other 730 on the magic of pulling the equivalent of 80 gun-di shards.

At 5 per day I'm about 8 days away from 7* Anakin and I'm moving to gun-di. How about you? Given any thought to your next farm?

• reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    good pulls on that pack. wish i had an extra 12 anakin shards haha.
    the last node has given me 0/6 the past 4 days, which sucks. if my drops continue their trend of 6/day, i'll barely be able to make the yoda event for 7* with anakin. otherwise i'll have to use old ben...which is less than optimal.

i want to make an empire team, so possibly rg and snowtrooper now that he has a stage 8 hard node to farm
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Been farming Anakin & RG for awhile now and just moved them both into my arena squad @ 6*. I seem to be holding my spot (top 50) better than previously.

Right now I run QGJ (L), Yoda, Ahsoka, Anakin, RG. Lots of up front damage and always have Offense up after Anakin goes the 1st time.

• Options
    This seems to be THE Anakin thread, so I'll ask you guys. In a couple of days my Anakin will be 6*, and I thought it's time to try him out in my arena team. Right now I'm using QGJ (L), Yoda, Dooku, Rey and Lumi. My intention is to sub out Lumi (even if it's a little scary), but will it work/be better? Of course I will try and see what happens as I am excited to finally use my Anakin, but still, I thought it would be nice with your opinions on the setup, tactics etc.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I tried him out at 6* and did well when it was me controlling the shots. Later I noticed I had made myself a target and dropped outside the top 100. So I'm coming back with a vengeance. I'm about a week from 7* so, time to kick some teeth in.... Maybe lol.
    Post edited by dtmike1 on
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    This seems to be THE Anakin thread, so I'll ask you guys. In a couple of days my Anakin will be 6*, and I thought it's time to try him out in my arena team. Right now I'm using QGJ (L), Yoda, Dooku, Rey and Lumi. My intention is to sub out Lumi (even if it's a little scary), but will it work/be better? Of course I will try and see what happens as I am excited to finally use my Anakin, but still, I thought it would be nice with your opinions on the setup, tactics etc.

I would replace lumi with anakin in the current meta. he's faster and the 40% double debuff is useful against taunters and shutting down Rey's damage. the only healer I would consider using right now is daka for the rez
    mighty chlorians