jedi knight anakin shard drop tracking...COMPLETED 7*!

Replies

• Skitha81
    85 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Dude, farm guys you like. Don't listen to anybody about who is good or not. I've unlocked everyone but grievous. Let me tell u, some characters may have little quirks where it's needs to be fixed, but in the end game were all gonna have factions(teams), that we prefer and be almost equal in power. when I first started, I wasn't paying attention to flavor of the months, jus chased my faves, with that being said Anakin is so worth it in my book. I'm farming him as we speak, aside from Vader and obviously grievous Anakin appears most daunting to farm, trying to get him to 5 stars few shares away, gonna spend few bucks to have him fully starred n geared by next Yoda tournament. I have few teams that are leveled and close to be fully geared, I love my Sith team along with my Nightsisters team,my scroundrels team I'm not a fan of at all, but some people like them. First order lacks healers which sucks, not high on that team, I have several subs for my Jedi team now, but it seems incomplete without Anakin so I'm pushing for him now along IGJ
  • Options
    SpeedWeed wrote: »
    BentWookie wrote: »
    That drop rate is almost as bad as that feeling after you get him to 7*, gear him up and run him a few times. :/

@BentWookie

he's a strong toon for Arena no?

or are you suggesting he isn't that good?

No, he is o.k., that's kind of the problem though, just o.k. He is Anakin, he should be better. It feels like he is missing something. One more skill, droid synergy, and anti-Sith ability.. *Anything* would do a lot to make him more than just "another Jedi" in the game. :|

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Today I went 1/14 on him and was ready to smash my phone. Got 3/4 on my last 4, but still below average.
    Everything I have farmed for the last few days has been below average. Not a good feeling.
    And why does he never show up in shipments? Don't you guys want my crystals? Come on! :)
    As for his kit, I know he is used by some higher-end players, and I am hoping I can make use of him as well. But I agree that he does seem to be missing something... he was at the time one of the most intelligent, powerful and resourceful Jedi, and feared by his enemies. He just doesn't seem to embody that right now.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've been farming Anakin forever but still only have 60 shards. My biggest problem is the difficulty to unlock the last place he can be farmed in. My DS squad is just too poor!
  • Options
    Anakin is very doable (especially if you have 3 nodes unlocked, I only had 2) I started when the Yoda event came out, I purchased the pack and now I'm at 75/100 just in time for the Yoda event. Anakin is pretty good
  • Options
    Skitha81 wrote: »
    Dude, farm guys you like. Don't listen to anybody about who is good or not. I've unlocked everyone but grievous. Let me tell u, some characters may have little quirks where it's needs to be fixed, but in the end game were all gonna have factions(teams), that we prefer and be almost equal in power. when I first started, I wasn't paying attention to flavor of the months, jus chased my faves, with that being said Anakin is so worth it in my book. I'm farming him as we speak, aside from Vader and obviously grievous Anakin appears most daunting to farm, trying to get him to 5 stars few shares away, gonna spend few bucks to have him fully starred n geared by next Yoda tournament. I have few teams that are leveled and close to be fully geared, I love my Sith team along with my Nightsisters team,my scroundrels team I'm not a fan of at all, but some people like them. First order lacks healers which sucks, not high on that team, I have several subs for my Jedi team now, but it seems incomplete without Anakin so I'm pushing for him now along IGJ

Anakin is terrible for unlocking yoda btw
  • Options
    Ive always taken the "farm everyone" approach. I never refresh a node. I have refreshed nodes in the past, but only when I was like 5 shards from a star level on a hero, but that was mostly back before the resistance release, and I wanted FOTFP maxed. Anyway...

I will farm each node to its limit of 3 for all of the heroes on my agenda. If a hero can be farmed from GW, Arena, or Canteena Shipments, I do not farm their nodes. If I can farm a hero from Canteena Nodes, I do not farm their L/D Hard nodes. If a Hero has only 1 node, they have farm priority (since I know they will be a long slow farm). Once a hero has enough shards to reach 7*, they are removed from the farm rotation, and someone else in added in their place. My Anakin is 6*, Rey is 6*, Veers is 6*, etc. from the overtime accumulation.

I do the 100 and 200 Canteena refresh, and the 50's and 100's refreshes each day. With crystals from Arena and daily missions, as well as the noon, six, and nine O'clock free energy, I can farm 5 heroes (Rey and Anakin included) with the above mentioned refreshes, with 1 full refresh worth of energy for gear farming. This also leaves me with 50 crystals (50 to 90ish) for 1 Arena refresh should I need it. If I do not need the arena refresh, then I refresh the shop shipment after it naturally refreshes (7 O'clockish for me) for extra gear.

I get really good over time results this way. I have unlocked everyone. My least stared hero is 3*s (several are 3*, but no 2* remain). I have several 7* capable heroes which I am simply uninterested in paying the credits to star them up. I farmed them so I wouldn't have to farm them later (my IG86 for example has the shards for 7*, but is sitting at level 34 and 4* until the day comes where I want to mess with droids. When that day comes, I wont have to farm him first).

I am almost finished farming Nute Gunnery from the Arena (yeah, Im actually farming him), where I'll switch to Ventress (who is 6* capable now, as I was farming her before the data mined Scoundrel Event leaked). After Ventress, I have to finish IG88 and HK47 (both are 6* capable as well, as I did intend to build them before the meta locked into QGJ, GEO). Point is, by having heroes off the floor of farming, it makes them easier to farm or complete later when you want them. Sure, your agenda should include the heroes you want the most. But once someone is complete, rotate them out of the agenda and rotate someone else in. Over time, you will have much better options when/if meta shifts again.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    @Pilot No matter how well written it is, it's still easier said than done. We, the poor top 100 sods, don't have those extra 400 crystals to spend every day.
    I can only farm 3 characters at a time, no matter how many of them I'd want or not.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Anikin will be good pair to QGJ instead of your Lumi until new meta at 82

He's excellent paired with QGJ lead. I currently run: QGJ, Anakin, Rey, Luminara, Dooku.

@Telaan

how many stars is your anakin now? u started using him at 5*?

@reizse

image_zpseatmeu2c.png

I started using him at 6*. Anakin is too squishy at 5*. I'm at max gear minus the 50 cuffs and hair driers. He's great in arena because of his unique and when paired with QGJ lead.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options

He's excellent paired with QGJ lead. I currently run: QGJ, Anakin, Rey, Luminara, Dooku.

@Telaan

@reizse

image_zpseatmeu2c.png

I started using him at 6*. Anakin is too squishy at 5*. I'm at max gear minus the 50 cuffs and hair driers. He's great in arena because of his unique and when paired with QGJ lead.

thanks for the advice and i'll dedicate my energy to farming him!
    mighty chlorians
  • Options

@Telaan

@reizse

image_zpseatmeu2c.png

@Telaan

thank you

I watched every single episode of the clone wars tv series

It expanded alot of Anakin and Obiwan back story which i enjoyed greatly.

• reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    updated drops. what started off as terrible is stabilizing around 33%. it might be too early to tell, but i'm having a better drop rate from the higher energy cost node (my original speculation)
    mighty chlorians
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    For anyone who begins losing hope, it can be done lol

image_zpslvyvpydt.png
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Just FYI your total should take total drops and divide by total attempts so 19/58 or 32.75%. It looks like you added the three percentages together and divided by three. This will not provide an accurate percentage.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Brownie wrote: »
    Just FYI your total should take total drops and divide by total attempts so 19/58 or 32.75%. It looks like you added the three percentages together and divided by three. This will not provide an accurate percentage.

good catch! i suck at math and excel can't hide it. LOL

thanks mate!
    mighty chlorians
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    Options
    reizse wrote: »

thanks mate!

lol no problem thanks for tracking!
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options

thanks mate!

lol no problem thanks for tracking!

since i suck at math, can you explain the difference between taking the average of 3 nodes versus calculating the rate from raw data?
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    For anyone who begins losing hope, it can be done lol

image_zpslvyvpydt.png

btw, insanely jealous. idk what people say and that i should have focused on rey instead...it's all about the blue saber (that rey will probably get later on in another released version...jedi knight rey? padawan rey?)
    mighty chlorians
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    My anakin is 15 from 5* how long do you think it will take for me to max him refreshing once for each battle daily
  • Options
    I secretly believe that the drop rate is inverse to energy spent. I'll be interested to see if you prove me wrong.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    My anakin is 15 from 5* how long do you think it will take for me to max him refreshing once for each battle daily

if you can farm 6 shards a day, that's 200/6 = 33.3 days. seems reasonable.
    i'm 222 shards from 7*, so that's 37 days, not including shipment/shard shop
    mighty chlorians
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

That may be a bit on the generous side. Don't expect to get a 7* Anakin that fast unfortunately. I found the average to be around four per day. If I received six, that was a very good RNG day.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options

That may be a bit on the generous side. Don't expect to get a 7* Anakin that fast unfortunately. I found the average to be around four per day. If I received six, that was a very good RNG day.

if that's the case, i hope that the force be with me haha. i'm giving myself 40 days, as my excel shows. i hope i'm right....but i'll be able to start using him at 6* as some players have suggested. 7* is nice for the hp boost (much needed). is 6* serviceable in arena?
    mighty chlorians
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

if that's the case, i hope that the force be with me haha. i'm giving myself 40 days, as my excel shows. i hope i'm right....but i'll be able to start using him at 6* as some players have suggested. 7* is nice for the hp boost (much needed). is 6* serviceable in arena?

Yup, he's viable at 6*. :)
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

Refreshing all three?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

Refreshing all three?

No just the 2. If you refresh all 3 nodes, 6 shards is doable.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options

Yup, he's viable at 6*. :)

nice thanks! i'll make sure to get him max geared and level if i plan on using him at 6*
    mighty chlorians
  • Astris
    72 posts Member
    Options

Refreshing all three?

Assuming a 1/3 drop rate, you get about one shard per mode per day, and each refresh gets you one more. So like they said, needing 200 shards at about 6 a day is 33.333 days to get him. With no refreshes, 66.667 days.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Astris wrote: »

Refreshing all three?

Assuming a 1/3 drop rate, you get about one shard per mode per day, and each refresh gets you one more. So like they said, needing 200 shards at about 6 a day is 33.333 days to get him. With no refreshes, 66.667 days.

Yes
  • Options
    Just playing around in gw, Anakin sure is fun. His cool down on special is only 3 turn, you use it and only 2 more turn till another use, it could come quick if one or your characters die.
    Very fun.