Reyia's Droids Helpline

Replies

• Options
    Reyia wrote: »
    Anraeth wrote: »
    Finished 5th for the second day in a row on my mature, hard launch server, with no crystal refreshes, using my HK led droid team.

Nice to be back, haven't made it here since switching to droids a month ago, taken that long to gear/star/ability them up.

Impressive, what is your squad compose of?

Thanks, I used to get 1st 3-4 times a week with my old Phasma led team but since the fix to her leadership ability, was unable to stay top 20.

I tried Lobot for a while at 6* gear 9 but the extra speed wasn't enough to beat the QGJ / Dooku /Sid teams so I dropped in HK.

Here I am in a mirror match yesterday.

f4ehw7.png

@Jabberwocky

That seems to be a fun match! I never faced another droid team in my alt's shard. I do on my main as there are two consistently ranked in the top 10 using droids. I use a QGJ team though in my main and most times I kill droid teams without a single character loss. I use TM manipulation, exposes, and assists plus Offense Up.

Yes, getting super hard to stay competitive with a droid crew.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Finished 5th for the second day in a row on my mature, hard launch server, with no crystal refreshes, using my HK led droid team.

Nice to be back, haven't made it here since switching to droids a month ago, taken that long to gear/star/ability them up.

Impressive, what is your squad compose of?

Thanks, I used to get 1st 3-4 times a week with my old Phasma led team but since the fix to her leadership ability, was unable to stay top 20.

I tried Lobot for a while at 6* gear 9 but the extra speed wasn't enough to beat the QGJ / Dooku /Sid teams so I dropped in HK.

Here I am in a mirror match yesterday.

f4ehw7.png

@Jabberwocky

That seems to be a fun match! I never faced another droid team in my alt's shard. I do on my main as there are two consistently ranked in the top 10 using droids. I use a QGJ team though in my main and most times I kill droid teams without a single character loss. I use TM manipulation, exposes, and assists plus Offense Up.

Yes, getting super hard to stay competitive with a droid crew.

True, nowadays it's getting harder with a droids team with the rise of speed meta led by QGJ. I'm slowly levelling Lobot to try out a speed droid team. Hopefully Jawa Engineer will make droids team competitive again.
  • Options
    Akita10454 wrote: »
    Hey all. I've decided to make a helpline to help anyone who has questions about droids. I love droids so much that I have created a brand new account and played a droid team exclusively since that time. Now it's already been over a month and I'm consistently in the top 10 in my shard. I've also written a diary that outlines my adventure from account creation till today. Everything I did since making that account to my present current team. I have had a lot of help when I asked questions so I decided to help those who needs help. Just ask me anything to do with droids, their synergy, squad formation, etc. No question is too trivial, so feel free to ask anything.
    n

Hey so I need ideas for who my 5th character should be on my droid team this is my set up so far

(L) Hk 7*
    Ig-88 and 86 7*
    Poggle 7*

I've been using lumi as my 5th character and I've only placed 1st in squad arena once. I have a leia I would like to use but don't know if she'll fit.

If you put Poe in to protect your droids, you would have the classic droid team.

@KamikazeRhombus

Classic droid team include Poe.
    Modern droid team include RG.

Poe in my opinion is better than RG due to his turn meter ability and expose which increases crit damage.

@Reyia

I agree RG is not as good of a choice for droids. I think Poe's taunt has a better chance of saving IG-88 than RG has of saving him and as you said with the reduction in turn meter he basically makes the droids go immediately after him.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Akita10454 wrote: »
    Hey all. I've decided to make a helpline to help anyone who has questions about droids. I love droids so much that I have created a brand new account and played a droid team exclusively since that time. Now it's already been over a month and I'm consistently in the top 10 in my shard. I've also written a diary that outlines my adventure from account creation till today. Everything I did since making that account to my present current team. I have had a lot of help when I asked questions so I decided to help those who needs help. Just ask me anything to do with droids, their synergy, squad formation, etc. No question is too trivial, so feel free to ask anything.
    n

Hey so I need ideas for who my 5th character should be on my droid team this is my set up so far

(L) Hk 7*
    Ig-88 and 86 7*
    Poggle 7*

I've been using lumi as my 5th character and I've only placed 1st in squad arena once. I have a leia I would like to use but don't know if she'll fit.

@Akita10454

Usually a droid team needs a taunter, someone to soak up damage from the opposing team while your droids deal awesome crits. Leia wouldn't fit as she usually use Rebel Tactics and stealth.

Poe taunts for two turns and remove turn meter from enemies as well as exposing them which will greatly increase the damage you do to them. That is critical to droid teams. Deal as much damage as possible in a short time and not soaking damage and healing. So healers won't fit your team. Unless Jawa Engineer is released and easily farmable.

He has 13.5k health at 7* and 142 speed at gear VIII. So I recommend him for your fifth character. Also do you have GS? I would recommend getting the latter to 7* gear IX for a tanky, speedy, assist character with self buff! Also would benefit from Poggle leader synergy.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Where does RG need to be to effectively "protect" a droid team (i.e. where can he be a stand in for someone who doesn't have Poe?)

@Nikoms565

He can be of use if the droids are not one shotted with QGJ/GS/IG86 assists or with a hit from Rey/FOTP/RP. An example would be a team of Poggle(leader), GS, IG86, IG88/HK47, RG. Hopefully IG88/IG86 aren't dead when the speed team moves first and RG taunt would come up. That way RG protects the droids so they can deal damage. Kill order would then be those who can remove taunt such as QGJ, then assist toons/heavy dps.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    ZHunter99 wrote: »
    I have another question. What level (star, gear, etc.) would HK-47 (L), IG-88, IG-86, GS, and Poggle need to be to be Arena viable? I want to try to use them as is until I can farm up Poe.

@ZHunter99

It really depends on your server/shard. In the early stages you can use them at low stars as a droid team with low power can easily win versus those with 1-3k more power. HK47 is viable at 4* for his leader ability. GS is viable at any stars. Just continue to farm his shards in cantina and don't stop until 7* no matter what. Poggle is viable at 4* too as the main thing is his buff to droids and geonosians. IG88 and IG86 needs to be starred up as soon as you can as you will get increased damage and health with the stars. Damage dealing heroes are to be starred before your support ones. Do get Poe up to at least 5* with gear VIII. He NEEDS gear VIII to get his max of 142 speed. So focus on gear. Poe does a lot more than just taunt, helping with turn meter so your team can go faster and debuffing enemies with expose to enable you to get higher critical damage. At the beginning I used a 4* Poe and less than gear VIII with no problem. However as the server matures and grows you will need higher starred heroes to remain competitive.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    I have another question. What level (star, gear, etc.) would HK-47 (L), IG-88, IG-86, GS, and Poggle need to be to be Arena viable? I want to try to use them as is until I can farm up Poe.

Depends entirely on your server, when did you start playing? If it's any time in December, I'd say 6* min if you want to crack top 50-100, 7* max for top 20.

I started Dec. 31. Does that change things?

It changes everything. You are on an older server so most likely the ones at the top have full level 70 heroes at max gear/abilities. To be able to defeat those teams and climb up you also need to have a fully geared and able droids team to take on the competition. Also there would be many more QGJ lead team than newer servers so you will have more difficulty holding top 10. Basically on an old server anyone can kill anyone. There is also greater chances to meet whales who are likely to have a larger variety of heroes to choose from to use in an arena squad.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

Depends entirely on your server, when did you start playing? If it's any time in December, I'd say 6* min if you want to crack top 50-100, 7* max for top 20.

I started Dec. 31. Does that change things?

You will want to get the IGs starred and geared up fastest. You should probably know better than us. You will want to star and gear them up according to the competition.

Thanks for the help, guys! I actually just took my incomplete droid team into Arena and it works great! I just beat someone 3k power above me! Here's my current team:

HK-47 (L) L68 5* Gear VIII

Poggle L65 5* Gear VII

GS L61 4* Gear VIII

IG-86 L60 5* Gear VII

IG-88 L60 5* Gear VII

I say incomplete because obviously this is nowhere near high level, and wouldn't last against even top 200 players. I'm still trying to farm Poe, but this is working for now.

That's a great start towards a droids team!! You have all the heroes necessary for the most efficient droids team in the current meta and with Poe that would complete it. Their offensive power is so great that they can take on a much higher powered team. Besides AI is not very good at controlling the defence team.
  • Options
    Has anyone tried dooku lead yet? Poogle or hk lead is better for offence but subbing in dooku for the defence may let the driods live past the 1st round against qgj cookie cutter speed teams, rng playing its part of course. Thinking dooku 88 86 gs poogle/rg/hk.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Claudey wrote: »
    Has anyone tried dooku lead yet? Poogle or hk lead is better for offence but subbing in dooku for the defence may let the driods live past the 1st round against qgj cookie cutter speed teams, rng playing its part of course. Thinking dooku 88 86 gs poogle/rg/hk.

@Claudey I haven't tried that yet as I don't even have Dooku in my alt. I have a 6* Dooku in my main which I'm going to complete to 7* as soon as Barriss is finished. My droids team in main still under-starred and under-geared as I have concentrated on a QGJ team recently and been using a Phasma led squad for about a month. Those who have a 7* Dooku and maxed droids could give this a go and see whether this is viable. One would lose a lot of offense from not using Poggle lead or turn meter from not using HK47.
  • Bostonmess
    176 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I just started today with Dooku as leader, because his ability was bugged before and was fixed yesterday in the update. I run 86, GS, FOTP, Poggle atm
    I have a lot of hope that he gives my team the rng necessary to win sometimes at least on D.

Edit: 6 h gone and didnt lose a spot. Not significant, I know.

Post edited by Bostonmess on
  • Options
    Driod challenge just opened. Enjoy!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Bostonmess wrote: »

I just started today with Dooku as leader, because his ability was bugged before and was fixed yesterday in the update. I run 86, GS, FOTP, Poggle atm
    I have a lot of hope that he gives my team the rng necessary to win sometimes at least on D.

@Bostonmess

Hey, how is your team doing now? I've seen a rise of Dooku led teams in my main's server. It's great that they fixed the leader ability so that we can have a variety of teams instead of just the meta teams.

Good job on holding your spot for 6 hours! I can hold my spot in droid alt much, much longer than my main. Sometimes I hold for 18 hrs without change. In my main the enemies go active around my reset time of midnight. Today they were so active that I had to spend 50 crystals on an arena refresh to get 5 more battles. Being at the top ranks enabled me to lose less spots and climb faster.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Driod challenge just opened. Enjoy!

@Claudey Thank you for the notice!! I have both accounts on iOS devices :'(

Android owners have fun! :)
  • Pooket
    46 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Today I just finished 3rd in the Arena, that's my highest ever and only the second time I've made it into the top 10!

ArenaRank.png

This makes up for being annoyed I can't do the Droid event on my iPad :smiley:
    (for those interested) Team was:

Poggle (L), 86, 88, GS, Poe

Po and GS are 6* the rest are 7. All mostly max gear

Go Droids!
    Post edited by Pooket on
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    Pooket wrote: »
    Today I just finished 3rd in the Arena, that's my highest ever and only the second time I've made it into the top 10!

Poggle (L)
    GS
    Poe

Po and GS are 6* rest 8 all mostly max gear

Congratulations, this is also my team. I usually finish first during payout. However the climb back to the top is starting to require at least one arena refresh. I used to blame my Droid team, but it doesn't matter anymore as the server matures. Anyone can defeat anyone, and defense really boils down to who is actively climbing the ladder and if you are in the way.
  • Options

@Bostonmess

Hey, how is your team doing now? I've seen a rise of Dooku led teams in my main's server. It's great that they fixed the leader ability so that we can have a variety of teams instead of just the meta teams.

Good job on holding your spot for 6 hours! I can hold my spot in droid alt much, much longer than my main. Sometimes I hold for 18 hrs without change. In my main the enemies go active around my reset time of midnight. Today they were so active that I had to spend 50 crystals on an arena refresh to get 5 more battles. Being at the top ranks enabled me to lose less spots and climb faster.

Hey Reyia,
    quite good!
    Could keep my spot and dropped today only to rank 15
    Played a while today with him leading on offense and just can say that it's big fun with Dooku! Evasion occurs quite frequently.
  • slider13
    12 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Is GG much better than HK-47?
    Does it worth to farm GG?
    He would play in that team:
    IG88, IG86, Poggle, GS
  • Options

@Bostonmess

Hey Reyia,
    quite good!
    Played a while today with him leading on offense and just can say that it's big fun with Dooku! Evasion occurs quite frequently.

Edit: congrats that you re doing fine. For me, life gets harder every day and spending 50 gems on five more battles is usual. It becomes more and more crowdy on top, have to battle with at least three others for top positions
  • Options
    slider13 wrote: »
    IG88, IG86, Poggle, GS

Hard to say yet. GG has some lovely abilities but like all droids, he is too slow. Before they move, some are stunned and or killed
  • Wibble
    78 posts Member
    Options

Poggle (L)
    GS
    Poe

Congratulations, this is also my team. I usually finish first during payout. However the climb back to the top is starting to require at least one arena refresh. I used to blame my Droid team, but it doesn't matter anymore as the server matures. Anyone can defeat anyone, and defense really boils down to who is actively climbing the ladder and if you are in the way.

That last comment was very true to me today. I usually have a peek at my arena ranking an hour early to see if I need to use a refresh and play ten battles, and I check who is behind me in the queue, ie which players have me as their top target, or are further down the chain. I ended up jumping from 14 to 12 just to get out of the way of someone steaming through.

It was only 12 because I still find it almost impossible to beat some speed or taunt-tank protected teams with my geonosians+IG86 team. I'm farming the purple cuffs like crazy to make GS ready to get ahead of Poe in the speed ranking.

Fore those on Apple, the droid challenge is really very helpful. I'm playing the four star level and picking up some useful shards and purple mats, not to mention the days of spring data cards. I say this to try and prepare myself for the inevitable Apple-only event that'll pop up some time in the future!
  • Options
    I just want to say thanks for all your help guys. Now, I'm rank 1 in my server with Poggle (L), Ig88, Ig86, Poe and GS. I hope I can stay strong until the deadline,
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    darthkuro wrote: »
    I just want to say thanks for all your help guys. Now, I'm rank 1 in my server with Poggle (L), Ig88, Ig86, Poe and GS. I hope I can stay strong until the deadline,

Congratulations.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

ArenaRank.png

Poggle (L), 86, 88, GS, Poe

Po and GS are 6* the rest are 7. All mostly max gear

Go Droids!

@Pooket I'm very happy to see you at the top!!! Very well done and keep the relentless droid assaults!!

We need more people to use droids to take over those speedy Jedis!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

Poggle (L)
    GS
    Poe

@Anraeth True, don't need to blame the team. As time goes everyone on the server will have maxed geared 70. Noone can stop the meta or people following the meta. Just use the team you love and have fun!!

If you are active daily it won't take long to climb to the top again as you lose fewer ranks at the top than at the bottom where you can lose thousand plus ranks at once. I played arena for my friend's new account and within minutes I brought him from 17k+ to 12k. The most ranks I've lost at the top is less than 20.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

@Bostonmess

Hey Reyia,
    quite good!

@Bostonmess Great to hear your Dooku team is going well! I just fought a Dooku lead team in my alt one minute ago- it's refreshing to see a change rather than fight QGJ all day long.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Droid pack is back. Everyone who hasn't bought it BUY IT NOW!!!

We need more Droids to Assault our enemies Tactically! Assassinate all who oppose rapid fire weapons and precision strikes!

@cosmicturtle333 took pics of the return of the droid pack in case you missed it the first time.
    MD1q3Zrh.jpg
    B12EIwHh.jpg
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    slider13 wrote: »
    IG88, IG86, Poggle, GS

@slider13 Hi slider welcome to the forum and helpline!

I don't think GG is much better than HK47 especially in a droid team. His ability to make a character taunt can be very detrimental to the team, especially with IGs having such low health. You could fit GG in a droid team but not as leader. GG's graphics are spectacular but is expensive to 7* or far too time consuming. Besides you could 7* fifteen other characters rather than just one, so you can have three complete meta teams instead of one single hero.

If you already have most characters unlocked or you are a heavy spender go ahead and get GG.

You can then do Poggle (leader), GS, IG88, IG86, GG.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Wibble wrote: »

Poggle (L)
    GS
    Poe

That last comment was very true to me today. I usually have a peek at my arena ranking an hour early to see if I need to use a refresh and play ten battles, and I check who is behind me in the queue, ie which players have me as their top target, or are further down the chain. I ended up jumping from 14 to 12 just to get out of the way of someone steaming through.

It was only 12 because I still find it almost impossible to beat some speed or taunt-tank protected teams with my geonosians+IG86 team. I'm farming the purple cuffs like crazy to make GS ready to get ahead of Poe in the speed ranking.

Fore those on Apple, the droid challenge is really very helpful. I'm playing the four star level and picking up some useful shards and purple mats, not to mention the days of spring data cards. I say this to try and prepare myself for the inevitable Apple-only event that'll pop up some time in the future!

@Wibble I would disagree that it's almost impossible to beat speed or taunt teams. AI controls the defence team and I'm sure we humans can make better decisions than AI. Every single day I have to battle QGJ led teams with RG with my droids team. They are not impossible to beat. My Poggle and Poe isn't even 7* and I fight full 7* max geared speed teams. Have a look at my Diary to see sample fights versus speed teams. I will post more battles in days to come to help with kill order.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    darthkuro wrote: »

@darthkuro Pleasure to help! Always happy to hear a droids success story! :) Hope you don't get sniped at prize giving time. Keep the droids tradition of top 10 in your shard... more will join you soon as Google is promoting an anDroid event involving free droids' shards. B)