Reyia's Droids Helpline

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @Reyia - I have just joined your illustrious ranks!
    I had IG-88 with 170 shards, unactivated, and HK-47 at 95 or something.. was going to activate them yesterday, decided to wait a day hoping the pack would appear, and it did! So I am now an official droid player.
    They are just baby droids for the moment, lol. I don't have enough HK-47 shards to get him to 6* for 3 more days. The cost in credits to level and star up 3 guys at once is painful (2 million just to get all 3 to 6*). But eventually they will allow me to mix up my arena team and make a nice "execution style" B team for GW.
    I did Tier 2 of the droid event tonight with a level 60 IG-86 and level 45 HK-47 and IG-88. It was close but that was enough for now, lol. Very funny playing an IG-88 that does 800 points of damage after seeing what the maxed ones do to me in arena if I don't knock them out...
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    @Qeltar Welcome aboard the droids' ship! You did well in waiting for the pack in the hope it would re-appear!

Lol don't worry babies grow fast, get more shards and upgrade the droids to full fledged killing machines that they are destined to be...

HK47 is viable even at 4*. He's mainly used for his leader skill of increasing crit chance and TM gains. The priority in credit spendings is IG86 then IG88 and last HK47. IG86 is viable in arena and IG88 does massive crits when combined with Poggle's buff and leadership. Droids teams are great for use as a suicide team, they will clear the node with Poe as sacrifice.

We will need all the help we can get to fight those Jedis! You are now officially part of the elite squad of tactical assassination droids users. You have a solemn oath under our assassin protocol to precisely and mortally wound any Jedis on sight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oblLwxbtP_4
  • Bostonmess
    176 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Reyia wrote: »
    @Bostonmess Great to hear your Dooku team is going well! I just fought a Dooku lead team in my alt one minute ago- it's refreshing to see a change rather than fight QGJ all day long.

I m happy that Dooku lead seems to be a viable alternative on defense currently. Otherwise I find it annoying that droids are no option currently. Since the Yoda Event, giving QGJ to FTP and buffing Ahsoka, the devs made Jedi state of the art.
    Have 11 maxed out toons and only three can compete on the speed race, are meta^^

We need a counter! Give us the **** engineer :smiley:
  • Wibble
    78 posts Member
    Options
    @Reyia, I think the difference is that you have a taunt tank. I, through ignorance and Jedi event, have 4* Poe, Fives and Chewie, 3* RG. My QGJ , Barriss and JC should be ready for the next Jedi event (although I notice they haven't put a timer on it this time), and only then can I decide whether to boost Poe or my 4* Daka. Most likely Poe, although I'm grinding RG just in case.

I have at least finally got my 50 handcuffs, putting Geo ahead of Poe in the order. It's Poe's turn meter reduction that defeats me, but now at least I have a fighting chance. I also have IG88 and HK47 up to 4*, and will continue to boost them, giving me some decent options for ultra-violence in a few weeks' time.

In the meantime, thank god for Jedi teams and FTP cookie-cutter teams!
  • Options
    My squad is currently sid lead geo gin daka phasma would a droid squad be better? Tempted to change
  • Options
    I use a 4 star poe in arena with poggle lead along with gs, ig88 and ig86. It has gotten me top 10 in an early december shard. Though there are few whales.

Poe does not need to take many hits. By the end of round 1 i need to have killed 2 if not 3 of the enemy.
  • Options
    @Reyia , shout out to you. My wife finally made no 1 today thanks to your advice about subbing in HK for 88 (Poggle lead) against QGJ, Rey speed teams. Her GS also got maxed a few days ago but she was struggling against the speed teams.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Bostonmess wrote: »
    Reyia wrote: »
    @Bostonmess Great to hear your Dooku team is going well! I just fought a Dooku lead team in my alt one minute ago- it's refreshing to see a change rather than fight QGJ all day long.

I m happy that Dooku lead seems to be a viable alternative on defense currently. Otherwise I find it annoying that droids are no option currently. Since the Yoda Event, giving QGJ to FTP and buffing Ahsoka, the devs made Jedi state of the art.
    Have 11 maxed out toons and only three can compete on the speed race, are meta^^

We need a counter! Give us the **** engineer :smiley:

Likewise I'm glad to see a rise in Dooku teams! Thanks to the bug fix his leader abilities is now working. I don't like his dance though, and he does it so often, for eg when QGJ call him to assist or with Phasma leadership. There were no upgrades that augment droid capability and I'm patiently waiting for either a buff or a new character. Hopefully the engineer is who we need to make droid teams more viable.

Jedi teams have had numerous boost, speed to QGJ, Yoda himself, and more recently Ahsoka. Don't count Mace as his buff was quite weak and I don't see many teams with him.

RG was a useless character and got catapulted to the stratosphere from his buffs and now a very viable tank.
  • Options
    @Reyia
    You re right! Though I ask myself how they could create the engineer that the game is still balanced. The draft which was posted is Poe 3.0
  • Pooket
    46 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    THANK YOU DROID HELPLINE!
    All this droid advice and info has really made the difference. Just finished Top in today's Arena. Same team as yesterday Poggle (L), 88, 86, GC, Poe

Was nerve racking as I went from 5th to 1st then back to 5th with one battle left, waited a few minutes, went back into battle with 1st ran down the clock won and held my breath for the last minute and a half to see if i stayed in place. Apparently life really is tough at the top ;-)

Also I too am eagerly awaiting news of the Engineer. We need more droid stuff!

2016-03-18_1801.png
    2016-03-18_1803.png
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well, @Reyia - I am not sure exactly why I just did this.. but I just pumped 4 million credits and 50 purples into my new droid army.. Poggle too. I got them all up to level 60 and 5/6* (HK needs 2 more days for his 6th star). Not ready for arena by any means, but I am hoping they will at least be good enough to put the hurt on 1 nasty GW team per day (not necessarily kill, but knock down enough for an easy mop-up).
    It's cool using very different characters.. but boy, expensive. I probably shouldn't have put so much resources into them, but hey, if I was going to do it, this week is when it made most sense. :)
    Edit: I just tried them out in GW against a full level 70 Phasma / Lumi / Daka / Kylo / Sid team, all 7* except Kylo at 6*. Against my level 60 guys plus my level 70 (well-geared) Poe. I managed to get 3/5 of them killed before I died. Not bad.
  • Options
    @Qeltar

Congratulations, Droid teams are incredibly fun. I find it exciting in combat in contrast to other team compositions. I'm eagerly awaiting the Jawa Engineer in the upcoming updates.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @Anraeth - Thanks. Wish I could afford to level them further but probably won't take them higher than 60 for some time due to needing to hoard credits for the pending level cap increase (sigh).
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hey guys. Just wanted to check. I know we can't say for certain yet; but theoretically how do you guys see the upcoming meta change effecting droids?
    I was really eager to make a second acc with a droid team but I'm not sure if it will be viable after the next major update
    Post edited by DV_27 on
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Wibble wrote: »
    @Reyia, I think the difference is that you have a taunt tank. I, through ignorance and Jedi event, have 4* Poe, Fives and Chewie, 3* RG. My QGJ , Barriss and JC should be ready for the next Jedi event (although I notice they haven't put a timer on it this time), and only then can I decide whether to boost Poe or my 4* Daka. Most likely Poe, although I'm grinding RG just in case.

I have at least finally got my 50 handcuffs, putting Geo ahead of Poe in the order. It's Poe's turn meter reduction that defeats me, but now at least I have a fighting chance. I also have IG88 and HK47 up to 4*, and will continue to boost them, giving me some decent options for ultra-violence in a few weeks' time.

In the meantime, thank god for Jedi teams and FTP cookie-cutter teams!

@Wibble It's important to have a 'tank', especially a taunting one for the droids with such low hp. Not only it benefits droid teams but also those with 'glass cannons', those low health massive damage characters such as Rey, FOTP.

Speed and droid teams are the best F2P teams at the moment. That will change with the patch with slow characters dealing more damage.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Leaner619 wrote: »
    My squad is currently sid lead geo gin daka phasma would a droid squad be better? Tempted to change

@Leaner619 The best team at the moment is speed+damage squads so a QGJ lead team is currently the most common. It depends if you like droids or not. Some play for fun and farm the characters they want. Do you want to play droids? For me I love the awesome crits that I get from the team. The biggest crit I've seen in arena with my team was 15k with IG86 and that felt so fabulous.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    I use a 4 star poe in arena with poggle lead along with gs, ig88 and ig86. It has gotten me top 10 in an early december shard. Though there are few whales.

Poe does not need to take many hits. By the end of round 1 i need to have killed 2 if not 3 of the enemy.

@HershBathens The battle is decided within the first round or two, no lengthy combat. Poe just need to protect the droids enough for them to deal their massive payload. After 2/3 dead it's over, can just auto your way to victory.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    @Reyia , shout out to you. My wife finally made no 1 today thanks to your advice about subbing in HK for 88 (Poggle lead) against QGJ, Rey speed teams. Her GS also got maxed a few days ago but she was struggling against the speed teams.

@Azraelrulez I'm so happy your wife made it to the top!!! I know speed teams could be a bit hard but that's the challenge of playing a droids team. No matter how the meta change we can always assault and tactically assassinate enemies with precision. I'll update my Diary over the next few days with more battles against QGJ teams so she can learn kill order and struggle less versus those speed teams.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Pooket wrote: »
    THANK YOU DROID HELPLINE!
    All this droid advice and info has really made the difference. Just finished Top in today's Arena. Same team as yesterday Poggle (L), 88, 86, GC, Poe

Was nerve racking as I went from 5th to 1st then back to 5th with one battle left, waited a few minutes, went back into battle with 1st ran down the clock won and held my breath for the last minute and a half to see if i stayed in place. Apparently life really is tough at the top ;-)

Also I too am eagerly awaiting news of the Engineer. We need more droid stuff!

2016-03-18_1801.png
    2016-03-18_1803.png

@Pooket

WELL DONE WE ARE ALL PROUD OF YOU!!!

Droids lovers love to hear droids success stories. <3 Some days it could be hard but persevere and one can reach the summit! Indeed it's very hectic at the top, the sniping wars that go on makes the heart beat faster, especially during the last few minutes and seconds of prize giving time!!

We do need more droids and droid related characters! Hope Engineer is not the only character being worked on by the dev team.

Game-wide tuning changes
    Speed will now be important in calibration of a character’s damage output. Generally speaking, faster acting characters will see a damage reduction and slower characters will see an increase.

With the upcoming changes droids will deal even more damage as they are relatively pretty slow. Yay for even bigger crits!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Well, @Reyia - I am not sure exactly why I just did this.. but I just pumped 4 million credits and 50 purples into my new droid army.. Poggle too. I got them all up to level 60 and 5/6* (HK needs 2 more days for his 6th star). Not ready for arena by any means, but I am hoping they will at least be good enough to put the hurt on 1 nasty GW team per day (not necessarily kill, but knock down enough for an easy mop-up).
    It's cool using very different characters.. but boy, expensive. I probably shouldn't have put so much resources into them, but hey, if I was going to do it, this week is when it made most sense. :)
    Edit: I just tried them out in GW against a full level 70 Phasma / Lumi / Daka / Kylo / Sid team, all 7* except Kylo at 6*. Against my level 60 guys plus my level 70 (well-geared) Poe. I managed to get 3/5 of them killed before I died. Not bad.

@Qeltar The investment will pay off exponentially. Gear them up, play around with different compositions and you will have a feel for how droids synergies work. Tactical decisions have to be made on who to exterminate first but don't worry that would come with experience. They sure will put hurt on just about any team.

Your resources haven't been wasted. Droids usage could rise with the upcoming game wide tuning changes with slower heroes dishing out more damage. It's okay let the Jedis move first but look who's having the last laugh. :D
  • Options
    Ok I'm changing to a droid squad I need help guys! Who should I start farming first and what should my set up be?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @Reyia - Oh, not worried they are wasted. Just wondering what twists and turns they have in store for us with this big update, and I might end up wishing I had those credits back. But it's all good. :)
  • Pooket
    46 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ok I'm changing to a droid squad I need help guys! Who should I start farming first and what should my set up be?

I don't class myself as an expert (that's Reyia's job) but for what its worth...

The droids:
    • HK-47 is mainly usefully in a droid team for his leader ability (+30% crit chance and turn meter gain) - he doesn't hit very hard but does have a lot of hit points and regenerate
    • IG-88 has awesome AOE and damage bonuses for negative status affects on enemies - synergies well with Sid for example.
    • IG-86 - Lots of crits and hits hard - droid based synergies (increased crit chance etc.)

The Droid assistants

• POE - The IGs Break easily and need protection - poe is a good choice and part of the 'classic droid team'
    • Geonosian Soldier (GS) - AWESOME you should get him - hits like a truck, has good hit point and level 9 Gear available.
    • Poggle - Great Buff and Awesome for droids - Offense up for 3 turns, droids also gain speed up for 3 turns, also has leadership ability offense up for Droids and GS

Not knowing what you are starting with it is difficult to say where to start.
    • IG-86 is by far the easiest to farm - you can use GW shipments AND Cantina battles
    • IG-88 and HK-47 are both Arena shipments so you have to decide which to go for first
    • Poggle is GW Shipments
    • GS is Cantina Battles
    • Poe is Cantina Shipments
    • Cantina Battles I would recommend GS first (I know hes not a droid) but he is awesome whether he is on a droid team or not so will help out in arena or GW.
    • Cantina shipments Spend these on Poe, protect your droids!
    • Arena Shipments 88 and 47 are both here - you have to decide which one to go for. 88 breaks easily - he really is a glass cannon! 47 is only really much use as a leader.
    • GW Shipments Poggle or 86? Again Poggle works well on any team so may be more use while you are building up your team. 86 does great damage and has an assist to call upon.

Decide if you want to go Poggle lead or HK lead then you know who to farm with your arena and GW shipments. Personally I think Poggle and 88 are the best first choices here.

If you look back through the rest of this thread you can see lots of talk about the many droid team configurations so you can get some ideas.

Hopefully my ramblings will be of some use to you. Go Droids!
  • Options

I don't class myself as an expert (that's Reyia's job) but for what its worth...

The droids:
    • HK-47 is mainly usefully in a droid team for his leader ability (+30% crit chance and turn meter gain) - he doesn't hit very hard but does have a lot of hit points and regenerate
    • IG-88 has awesome AOE and damage bonuses for negative status affects on enemies - synergies well with Sid for example.
    • IG-86 - Lots of crits and hits hard - droid based synergies (increased crit chance etc.)

The Droid assistants

• POE - The IGs Break easily and need protection - poe is a good choice and part of the 'classic droid team'
    • Geonosian Soldier (GS) - AWESOME you should get him - hits like a truck, has good hit point and level 9 Gear available.
    • Poggle - Great Buff and Awesome for droids - Offense up for 3 turns, droids also gain speed up for 3 turns, also has leadership ability offense up for Droids and GS

• IG-86 is by far the easiest to farm - you can use GW shipments AND Cantina battles
    • IG-88 and HK-47 are both Arena shipments so you have to decide which to go for first
    • Poggle is GW Shipments
    • GS is Cantina Battles

Cantina Battles I would recommend GS first (I know hes not a droid) but he is awesome whether he is on a droid team or not so will help out in arena or GW.
    Cantina shipments Spend these on Poe, protect your droids!
    Arena Shipments 88 and 47 are both here - you have to decide which one to go for. 88 breaks easily - he really is a glass cannon! 47 is only really much use as a leader.
    GW Shipments Poggle or 86? Again Poggle works well on any team so may be more use while you are building up your team. 86 does great damage and has an assist to call upon.

Decide if you want to go Poggle lead or HK lead then you know who to farm with your arena and GW shipments. Personally I think Poggle and 88 are the best first choices here.

If you look back through the rest of this thread you can see lots of talk about the many droid team configurations so you can get some ideas.

Thanks I've got a 7* maxed GS im farming 88 and 86 atm and will go for poggle after 86
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

@Leaner619

It depends on who you have farmed already and what teams you want to build.

There are currently two droids teams, one is the classic and the second one a hybrid with GS.

The classic one consists of HK47 (leader), IG86, and IG88. Throw in a taunt such as Poe or RG and the famous buffer that gives droids speed and damage Poggle the Machine Overlord.

Usually Poe is more useful and that gave rise to the acronym Po-Po. That means Poe-Poggle as those two have a great synergy with droid teams.

The hybrid one consists of Poggle (leader), GS, IG86, IG88, and Poe/RG.

The reason we use taunts/tanks is because we want to protect our low health droids and hope that they live to deal their massive payloads. With the current meta of QGJ led teams the enemy will move first and QGJ can often assist kill IG88 or IG86. With Poggle buff, we can still win the battle with four remaining heroes. When fighting certain teams I substitute IG88 with HK47 as the latter has a much bigger health pool. Even if he is killed with QGJ he will revive and that means five heroes standing in your turn.

To get started with a droid squad u will need a leader, so choose between HK47 or Poggle. If you are going for the hybrid team do node 1 of cantina to get GS. IG86 can be farmed in hard nodes and GW shipments. IG88 is obtained from arena shipments so will be competing with Hk47. What I did in my alt is getting HK47 to 5* and then IG88 to 7*. If you do Poggle then grind him to 4/5* then do IG86 all the way to 7*. RG shards will be slow as he's only available in hard nodes so Poe would be a quicker choice as he's available in cantina shipments. I grinded GS while buying Poe shards from the cantina tokens.

Here are the places where you can get shards to make a droid team:

HK47 squad arena shipments
    IG86 LS 4-D, DS 2-F, Cantina 4-E, GW shipments
    IG88 squad arena shipments
    RG LS 1-D, DS 5-F
    Poe squad cantina shipments, LS 7-B, DS 7-A
    Poggle GW shipments, LS 4-E, LS 6-E
    GS cantina battles 1-A

If you have the option to buy an assassin droid pack (android) do so as it will speed up your farming because three characters are included (HK47, IG86, IG88). You could get lucky and pull a full droid character from bronzium so don't save those ally points just open them and hope you get lucky. Or you could buy chromium 8 packs if you want to 'invest' into the game and if you are P2P.

Good luck!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    @Reyia - Oh, not worried they are wasted. Just wondering what twists and turns they have in store for us with this big update, and I might end up wishing I had those credits back. But it's all good. :)

@Qeltar Seeing your crits increase will make you wish you have spent more credits! :)
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

The droids:

The Droid assistants

• Poggle is GW Shipments
    • GS is Cantina Battles
    • Cantina Battles I would recommend GS first (I know hes not a droid) but he is awesome whether he is on a droid team or not so will help out in arena or GW.
    • Cantina shipments Spend these on Poe, protect your droids!
    • Arena Shipments 88 and 47 are both here - you have to decide which one to go for. 88 breaks easily - he really is a glass cannon! 47 is only really much use as a leader.
    • GW Shipments Poggle or 86? Again Poggle works well on any team so may be more use while you are building up your team. 86 does great damage and has an assist to call upon.

@Pooket
    +1
    Nice little guide on droids team composition! Hope it could be useful to many. IG86 is by far the easiest to farm and one can do it through hard nodes as well LS 4-D and DS 2-F. For someone who never used a droid I would recommend farming up and gearing IG86 to test out whether a droid would be someone you want to use. He does big crits, I've seen mine do up to 15k with Poggle's buff. With ally call that would literally assassinate any toon. I have a pic of the crits in one of the pictures somewhere in my Diary.
  • Options
    Any discussion of droids needs to address Lobot, General Grievous and IG-100 as well.

HK is a star against the Jedi heavy teams currently in favor on the arena ladders, his AoE debuff is doubled against Jedi.

Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Any discussion of droids needs to address Lobot, General Grievous and IG-100 as well.

HK is a star against the Jedi heavy teams currently in favor on the arena ladders, his AoE debuff is doubled against Jedi.

@Jabberwocky You are right those are droids/droids related.

The reason why I didn't discuss them is that I don't have much experience using them and I don't have GG unlocked in both accounts. I'm farming Lobot and IG100 albeit very slowly and it will be a LONG while before I can use them in my squads to test them out.

GG isn't easily accessible/farmable for most players and I'll therefore leave GG discussions to those who own him and have experience using him in the battles.

Lobot is farmable from the LS hard nodes 4-B and 5-B. He has a overall rating of 36 in SWGoH cantina.
    Lobot

IG100 is farmable from cantina 3-C and DS 6-E. He has an overall rating of 66 in SWGoh cantina.
    IG100
    He has been buffed in the recent patch but I still didn't find him used. RG/Poe remains the preferred tank rather than IG100 and it remains to be seen if he would be buffed again to make him used more often in a droid team.

HK47 use has increased and is a legit replacement for IG88 against Jedi teams as he has increased health, can't be one-shotted (15k health and self revive), and cause mayhem among Jedis' meatbags with double chances to inflict ability block, speed down, offense down, and defense down.
  • Hyperalloy
    202 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    On my server, things have become extremely hostile for my droid team. I finished 19th yesterday with a classic out droid team (HK lead, Poggle, 86, 88, all maxed out) except for RG instead of Poe. Poe is simply too slow against speed teams especially with Rey, my 5 star max geared RG is the only tank I have that can reliably prevent my team members from dying before ANY move. Dropped to 136th place in just 18 hours. It's as if everyone targeted my droid team in their journey up the ranks.
    Post edited by Hyperalloy on