Reyia's Droids Helpline

Replies

• Options
    I have a question for the droid helpline. I'm thinking about a quasi-droid team; as I feel my current arena team lacks direction. It is:

Sid (L) 7*
    QGJ 7*
    Lumi 7*
    IG-86 7*
    Poggle 7*

I am at a crossroads and would like to ask the helpline if they think injecting IG-88 into this team could help? I could also inject a Poe/Daka for protection. So would IG-88 be a good fit, and who would I take out? Thanks
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    I have a question for the droid helpline. I'm thinking about a quasi-droid team; as I feel my current arena team lacks direction. It is:

Sid (L) 7*
    QGJ 7*
    Lumi 7*
    IG-86 7*
    Poggle 7*

I am at a crossroads and would like to ask the helpline if they think injecting IG-88 into this team could help? I could also inject a Poe/Daka for protection. So would IG-88 be a good fit, and who would I take out? Thanks

@DarthSamJackson

If I had your team I would replace Lumi with IG88. On offense Sid provides negative debuffs which IG88 thrives on as the latter has +45% critical damage and deals 15% more damage for each enemy suffering a negative status effect. Poggle provides Offense Up and Speed Up to droids and that would help in massive damage.

On defense IG88 has low health and would likely be targeted by enemy speed teams.

Do you have GS? If so you can change your line up to
    Sid (leader)
    QGJ
    GS
    IG86
    Poggle

Heaps of assisted attacks. You could also use Daka instead of Lumi in your team as she seems formidable in AI defense reviving herself and whole team.
  • DarthSamJackson
    323 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Reyia wrote: »

Sid (L) 7*
    QGJ 7*
    Lumi 7*
    IG-86 7*
    Poggle 7*

@DarthSamJackson

If I had your team I would replace Lumi with IG88. On offense Sid provides negative debuffs which IG88 thrives on as the latter has +45% critical damage and deals 15% more damage for each enemy suffering a negative status effect. Poggle provides Offense Up and Speed Up to droids and that would help in massive damage.

On defense IG88 has low health and would likely be targeted by enemy speed teams.

Do you have GS? If so you can change your line up to
    Sid (leader)
    QGJ
    GS
    IG86
    Poggle

Heaps of assisted attacks. You could also use Daka instead of Lumi in your team as she seems formidable in AI defense reviving herself and whole team.

Thanks for the advice. I only have a 1* GS so he's not going to be viable any time soon. I have to choose between Daka and Poe so leaning Daka.

My concern with IG-88, specifically on my team, is that on defence, just like everyone says, he's going to die before he gets to act....unless opponent would target QGJ or 86 first?
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    I don't even have a droid team but this is my favourite thread :D
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    Anraeth wrote: »
    @Reyia
    I want to post back and say thank you for all your help, revitalizing my Droid love. I had not given thought to putting Poggle as lead and dropping HK. I have a mean speed team (QGJ, Rey, Anakin, Dooku, GS) but it really is boring in this speed meta, where is the 10k crit? My droid doesn't drop to the bottom of the hill anymore in ranks over night, I'm assuming people don't want to deal with my team unless it is in the #1 spot.

Question I'm attempting to research however, is how much speed does Poggle give our Droids?

@Anraeth

Pleasure to have your love re-instated! Indeed Poggle makes huge crits possible!

The description of Speed Up is very vague and it's not stated anywhere. I would presume it's about 25-35%.

I can't find any exact stats on the two major SW sites.

SWGOH cantina

SWGOH database

@Anraeth @Reyia

The link below explains all buffs and debuffs. Speed up is +25%.

http://www.swgohcantina.com/positive-and-negative-status-effects-explained/

Excellent find! Thank you for posting this.
  • Kylar
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Hey guys, (and girls ofc)
    Iam currently building up my droidteam and am wondering if iam on the right way.
    Iam on early November Server with 4-5 whales (or big Dolphins ) on which i usually end top5-10 and drop back into 50s

My current Plan is:
    Sid (L)
    Poggle
    Poe

I guess poe is replaceable By dooku or lumi (all three Are maxed ) depending on Enemy

My question is if i can play it with sid lead?
    Critbuff +negative status Look awesome.

Ah and i have gs at 2* (hk at 50/80)so it will take awhile till he s ready (so no poggle lead i guess)

Greetz and Thx in Advance
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    DV_27 wrote: »
    I don't even have a droid team but this is my favourite thread :D

@DV_27 Haha thanks :D Who knows maybe one day u might be interested in using them...
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Anraeth wrote: »
    @Reyia
    I want to post back and say thank you for all your help, revitalizing my Droid love. I had not given thought to putting Poggle as lead and dropping HK. I have a mean speed team (QGJ, Rey, Anakin, Dooku, GS) but it really is boring in this speed meta, where is the 10k crit? My droid doesn't drop to the bottom of the hill anymore in ranks over night, I'm assuming people don't want to deal with my team unless it is in the #1 spot.

Question I'm attempting to research however, is how much speed does Poggle give our Droids?

@Anraeth

Pleasure to have your love re-instated! Indeed Poggle makes huge crits possible!

The description of Speed Up is very vague and it's not stated anywhere. I would presume it's about 25-35%.

I can't find any exact stats on the two major SW sites.

SWGOH cantina

SWGOH database

@Anraeth @Reyia

The link below explains all buffs and debuffs. Speed up is +25%.

http://www.swgohcantina.com/positive-and-negative-status-effects-explained/

Thanks for the link! Quite useful info there about buffs.
  • Options
    Once I get Poe and Phasma to 7* I will try them behind hk 88 86
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    ZHunter99 wrote: »
    I have a question. I want to start using a droid team in arena, but I'm not sure if I have the best setup. Currently I have:

HK-47 (L) L68 5* Gear VIII

Poggle L61 4* Gear VII

IG-86 L56 5* Gear VI

IG-88 L51 4* Gear VII

GS L50 3* Gear VII

Of course I still have a lot of farming to do, but is this team (once decently leveled) good for arena or do I need a tank? I don't have Poe, so that might be an issue.

@ZHunter99

With your heroes you can make two different teams

HK47 (leader)
    Poggle
    IG88
    IG86
    GS

or

Poggle (leader)
    HK47
    IG88
    IG86
    GS

Those two teams are good for arena. I used the first team with Poe instead of Poggle for about a month and recently switched to Poggle leader. Because the IGs are very squishy it is recommended that you get a tank. The best tanks for a droid team are RG and Poe. Get either one or you can grind both as RG is only available in hard nodes and Poe is in cantina shipments and later on in LS 7-B and DS 7-A.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    goobstoob wrote: »
    So I ran into a really tough half droid team and wanted thoughts on it. It has sid as leader, 86 88 poggle and poe. Since I have all these maxed already except poe. Was thinking of trying this team with rg in place of poe since he has a fast taunt, but unsure if poe's speed is really what makes this go. Thoughts?

wouldn't this team be terrible at defense though? it seems to largely depend on 88 getting his AOE off which will never happen in the current meta of QGJ assist plus other team's sidious/dookus

@goobstoob

Any team is bad at defense as AI is controlling the team. Current meta is speed but there are quite a few who still use droids and are successful. Many also snatch rank 1 at prize giving time with a droid team. Droids excel at offence but are not great at defence. For me the best defence is offence.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Kylar wrote: »
    Hey guys, (and girls ofc)
    Iam currently building up my droidteam and am wondering if iam on the right way.
    Iam on early November Server with 4-5 whales (or big Dolphins ) on which i usually end top5-10 and drop back into 50s

My current Plan is:
    Sid (L)
    Poggle
    Poe

I guess poe is replaceable By dooku or lumi (all three Are maxed ) depending on Enemy

My question is if i can play it with sid lead?
    Critbuff +negative status Look awesome.

Ah and i have gs at 2* (hk at 50/80)so it will take awhile till he s ready (so no poggle lead i guess)

Greetz and Thx in Advance

@Kylar

Great, we need more people who use droids! Yes you can play a droids team with Sid as leader. You will see MASSIVE crits if you get lucky with RNG! As most people have changed to QGJ lead it depends on your luck that IG88 is not targeted first. If they hit Poggle or Poe or even IG86 you are safe. When it's your turn to move Sid AOE, Poggle buff, Poe taunts and expose, then time for pew pew with IG88!

Poggle can be used as leader too even if you don't have GS as he gives 25% offense to droid allies. Sid gives 14% crit chance and 20% crit damage. So try both out as leaders and note the damage done to decide who is better.

Do farm up GS if you can as he's incredibly useful in most situation. Good luck and let us know your results!!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Once I get Poe and Phasma to 7* I will try them behind hk 88 86

@Mephisto_style Great idea! I have Phasma and Poe at 7* in my main and use those two in a QGJ team. My droids are under-starred and under-geared there so I still have work to do to bring them up to speed. When they are I will try various combos and build to test out hybrid droid synergies.
  • Options
    I have a question. I want to start using a droid team in arena, but I'm not sure if I have the best setup. Currently I have:

Poggle L61 4* Gear VII

IG-86 L56 5* Gear VI

IG-88 L51 4* Gear VII

GS L50 3* Gear VII

Of course I still have a lot of farming to do, but is this team (once decently leveled) good for arena or do I need a tank? I don't have Poe, so that might be an issue.

@ZHunter99

HK47 (leader)
    Poggle
    IG88
    IG86
    GS

or

Poggle (leader)
    HK47
    IG88
    IG86
    GS

Those two teams are good for arena. I used the first team with Poe instead of Poggle for about a month and recently switched to Poggle leader. Because the IGs are very squishy it is recommended that you get a tank. The best tanks for a droid team are RG and Poe. Get either one or you can grind both as RG is only available in hard nodes and Poe is in cantina shipments and later on in LS 7-B and DS 7-A.

Thanks for the reply! So I should replace IG-88 with RG/Poe? Also, I'm currently farming GS shards in Cantina; should I switch to Poe, or keep farming GS?
  • Options
    Hey guys I'm stuck on a 5th Character for Arena! Any suggestions? Current Arena rank 99. Average 90 to 140
    Current Team
    6* QGJ G8 (Lead)
    6* GS G8
    7* Lumi G8
    7* Sid G8
    5 * Koth G8 /Phasma G8 both almost 6*

Roster
    4* Old Ben G7 can be G8 Also my 5th sub here and there
    4 * JC G8
    4* Boba G7
    4* Asajj G7
    4* Chewbacca G6
    4* Vader G6
    4* FOTO G6

3* Dooku G7 Currently farming
    Then the rest are just miscellaneous

I just need a replacement until I get my Dooku up. I was thinking about just leveling up Old Ben to lvl 70 currently lvl 55 but I don't think a 4* Old BEN is Viable. Thanks!
  • Options
    Hey fellow driod enthusiasts

Need some advice on who to expand my roster with, while still utilising driod synergies or at least some of the driods.

I run a fully maxed level, geared and starred; hk(l) 86 88 gs poogle.

Busy farming dooku and qgj in cantina
    rg, lobot and ewok elder on hard modes.
    Any suggestions on who to go for in arena and gw?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    No, he's slow, even with my Lobot leader. He might be ok against an all Jedi squad though?
    He speeds up every other droid by a huge amount. 30% TM on crits, and 30% crit chance, is one of the biggest leader skills in game.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    The main issue I have is my entire server is populated with QGJ, Dooku, Yoda, GS teams. Even with the speed boost, droids are slower than those guys until after the Poggle buff which unfortunately, comes after all the above toons.
    This is exactly the reason why I feel HK47 is the best droid leader. Lobot doesn't really change anything, being the slower team, but with a lower gap, still makes you the slower team. HK47 and Geo allow to short-circuit (pun intended) this, by letting you to move at least a second time at speed 149, with the droid that Geo calls for.

• Options
    @Reyia i got 7* ig-86, ig-88 going 5*, hk-47 going 5*, poggle at 7* should i still continue building a droid team???
  • Options
    @Reyia i got 7* ig-86, ig-88 going 5*, hk-47 going 5*, poggle at 7* should i still continue building a droid team???

Yes. Them and Poggle steamroll DS missions with Talia healing
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

Poggle L61 4* Gear VII

IG-86 L56 5* Gear VI

IG-88 L51 4* Gear VII

GS L50 3* Gear VII

@ZHunter99

HK47 (leader)
    Poggle
    IG88
    IG86
    GS

or

Poggle (leader)
    HK47
    IG88
    IG86
    GS

Thanks for the reply! So I should replace IG-88 with RG/Poe? Also, I'm currently farming GS shards in Cantina; should I switch to Poe, or keep farming GS?

Your IG88 is at 4* which has very low health. It would help if you have a high * RG or Poe. Droids need a tank to protect them while they dish out the awesome crits. Continue with GS till 7* and use the shipments to get Poe's shards. Poe is viable at 5* gear VIII. The gear VIII is important as that's where he reaches the maximum speed of 142.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    DanTheMan wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm stuck on a 5th Character for Arena! Any suggestions? Current Arena rank 99. Average 90 to 140
    Current Team
    6* QGJ G8 (Lead)
    6* GS G8
    7* Lumi G8
    7* Sid G8
    5 * Koth G8 /Phasma G8 both almost 6*

Roster
    4* Old Ben G7 can be G8 Also my 5th sub here and there
    4 * JC G8
    4* Boba G7
    4* Asajj G7
    4* Chewbacca G6
    4* Vader G6
    4* FOTO G6

3* Dooku G7 Currently farming
    Then the rest are just miscellaneous

I just need a replacement until I get my Dooku up. I was thinking about just leveling up Old Ben to lvl 70 currently lvl 55 but I don't think a 4* Old BEN is Viable. Thanks!

@DanTheMan

Continue farming GS shards to make him 7*. While doing so buy QGJ shipments and get him to 7*. I recommend getting Phasma to 7*. I use her in my main arena squad and can keep rank 1 no problem at prize time.

So your team will be
    QGJ (leader)
    GS
    Lumi
    Sid
    Phasma

4* Old Ben isn't viable with max geared and max starred heroes in arena. You could replace Sid with another assist hero such as IG86, or a buffing one such as Poggle or a taunter such as RG/Poe. If you don't have those then stick with Phasma and Sid till you have a replacement. You should also farm Rey/FOTP in the hard nodes. They could replace Sid later on.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Claudey wrote: »
    Hey fellow driod enthusiasts

Need some advice on who to expand my roster with, while still utilising driod synergies or at least some of the driods.

I run a fully maxed level, geared and starred; hk(l) 86 88 gs poogle.

Busy farming dooku and qgj in cantina
    rg, lobot and ewok elder on hard modes.
    Any suggestions on who to go for in arena and gw?

@Claudey

Hi and welcome to the forum and my helpline! I'll gladly offer my advice as I have lots of experience with droid teams.

You could try switching Poogle to leader. I'm using that in my current arena team and it's doing well.

Poggle (leader)
    GS
    IG88
    IG86
    HK47

Continue farming Dooku and QGJ till 7* and then you can make a speed team if you so wish.

QGJ (leader)
    Dooku
    GS
    IG86
    Poggle

Once your RG is at least 5* you can try him in your Poggle team replacing HK47.

Poggle (leader)
    GS
    IG88
    IG86
    RG

For GW you need good healers. That would mean farming Lumi from GW and hard nodes, JC, Barriss from cantina at level 69, and Daka when you are done with QGJ. And develop more characters for use as 'suicide squads'.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

@Jasper052611 Yes you should! You already have the foundation for a full droid team. You can use HK47 as lead plus a tank. So your team will be
    HK47 (leader)
    IG86
    IG88
    Poggle
    RG/Poe

Do you have a high star GS? If so you can replace IG88 with GS while you continue to farm IG88 shards from arena to bring him to 7*.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Proof that droids are OP.
    Sefd65y.jpg
    UrU59S8.jpg
  • DanTheMan
    38 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Oops sorry still new at commenting on the forum lol
  • Options

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it!!! I am Currently pushing QGJ and GS to 7* so in a week or 2 I should be there. So would you think a First Order Team would be viable? Like farming FOO and Kylo? I don't have them yet, but I am farming FOTP just got him 4* today actually. Thanks again![/quote]

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    DanTheMan wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply I appreciate it!!! I am Currently pushing QGJ and GS to 7* so in a week or 2 I should be there. So would you think a First Order Team would be viable? Like farming FOO and Kylo? I don't have them yet, but I am farming FOTP just got him 4* today actually. Thanks again!

[/quote]

FOO could be viable if you have all of them in a team which means Phasma (lead), Kylo, FOO, FO Stormtrooper, FOTP. It would be a long farm to get all of them to 7*. They aren't meta and considering you will have both QGJ and GS to 7* you better off with the speed/damage meta. Pleasure to help. :)
  • VinceG
    36 posts Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried a droid team at 7 stars with ig 100?
  • Options
    @Reyia i have gs 6* atm, i have poe @5* and RG @4* going almost 5*, is it viable even hk-47 is at 4*?