Reyia's Droids Helpline

Replies

• Options
    Maximize your droids in DS missions by taking a borrowed Sidious with HK as leader. Daka is a must-have for DS missions going forward. The only times I struggled were when I went against OP AoE teams in DS. 3*'d the last node by the grace of Daka's revive at the last second.

Have they fixed the 3 star thing? Last time someone died and Daka revived them I was still only given 2 stars.

So, I finished the node with all 5 toons alive having just Rez'd 88 and it displayed a 2-star win at the victory screen. I was, however, credited with 3-stars after exiting the battle.

That's right I read about that somewhere else. Thanks.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    So, got a question that's not directly droid-related, but at the very least droid-adjacent:

Started an alt account and got the dark side starter pack and the droid pack with the intention of going for a droid team from the start. It's going pretty well, but starting to hit a gear wall because the droids aren't great for progressing in the dark side missions, and obviously completely out of the picture for light side.

I'm doing daka from shipments to help with ds and gw, and diverted some resources to get at least a low star lumi without slowing down droid farming too much. Could use some tips for other useful early farms to progress both mission sides enough to gear up the droids, though. Especially light side as I have nothing but the starters and 4 star lumi and 3 star qgj for that. Should look into Poe, but he obviously competes with daka who helps with both dark side and gw.

Account level is 55, droids, gs and poggle are around there too, most others lagging behind a bit.

@LargKellein

I can see why you are lagging in LS as you farmed Daka who's DS. I farmed Poe from the get go while farming GS. After I was done with GS I went to farm JC shards, then moved to Mace, and finally to Barriss. With the cantina shipments I starred Poe to 6* then worked on QGJ. Before I got all those characters my LS roster was mainly Chewie, Jawa, Ewok Scout, Clone Sergeant - Phase 1, and JC. So use your starting characters, level them a bit, and gear them. They will help you through LS missions.

For DS missions the sheer dps power of droids enabled me to progress fast. Certain missions where heals were needed I used Talia. Also it's important to have quality allies. If they die and none of yours don't you still 3* the mission. Choose allies with Taunt such as Chewie, RG, or Poe. The problem with you is that you are spreading yourself too thin with a 3* here, 4* there. What I did was concentrating on the IGs and got them to 7*.

IG88 from arena.
    IG86 from GW.
    GS from cantina.

Those 3 at 7* can basically dps your way through early missions easy. Didn't need any healers but had to manual it through choosing targets wisely so that no droids die. After I 7* IG86 I went to unlock Poggle. He was viable at 4* and helped a lot in DS too. The gear mats that were needed to upgrade the gear for droids are usually found in both LS and DS. If LS is a bit hard to progress then put your efforts towards dark side. But yes those starting light characters although not viable in arena provides an easy and cheap way to progress through LS missions. They are already unlocked for you so just gear up and star them up a bit. My chewie is 4*, Jawa 3*, Clone sergeant 3*, Poe, and JC carried me through the early to mid missions. Also I had lots of help with allies having Chewie and Lumi as leaders.
  • Options
    Yeah, think the fact I spent more freely on my first account kinda blinded me to how focused you have to be on a low spending alt. I have been putting the majority of resources into 86 and 88, though. Lumi was a bit of a side project since I'm annoyingly terrible at remembering to catch all the store refreshes, so currency sort of piles up, followed by many hours of inability to buy. Won't fork over crystals for store refreshes, blatant cash grab, that is.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, think the fact I spent more freely on my first account kinda blinded me to how focused you have to be on a low spending alt. I have been putting the majority of resources into 86 and 88, though. Lumi was a bit of a side project since I'm annoyingly terrible at remembering to catch all the store refreshes, so currency sort of piles up, followed by many hours of inability to buy. Won't fork over crystals for store refreshes, blatant cash grab, that is.

Yes, with a F2P account you have to be very focused. You will only have very limited selection of characters so every gear, credit, refresh, shard counts. Good to hear you are focusing on the 2 IGs they are the main damage dealers in a droid team. Lol u can set an alarm to go off every 6 hours to catch those shipments. Or just login several times a day to check. If you have to spend, buy a small amount of crystals and use them for the first few refreshes. 50, 50, 100, 100 are very good value for energy refreshes, and 100, 200 for cantina are worth it to develop your characters fast. Remember your first chromium data pack will almost always give you a full light side character (reddit source I have tested on both my accounts and got two full characters). You can also purchase the crystal subscription which is a good value and spread the 100 crystals daily for 21 days. You need to plan ahead who you will farm and stay on target.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Eilar wrote: »
    Update from my earlier post on page 8 I think.

I’m now at level 63 and 20,700 team power. My team is now as follows:

Poggle 4* Lead, G7 (2 lvls from G8)
    IG 86 5* G7 (2 days from 6*, and 1 lvl from G8)
    IG 88 5* G7 (1 day from 6*, and 1 lvl from G8)
    Poe 5* G8 only the 2 easy pieces at 142 speed
    GS 7* G8 (7 lvls from G9)

Before I asked for guidance on how to proceed and getting stars on the dps droids as well as adding poggle to the mix made a huge difference. I’m starting to understand how the team works now that I have a decent amount of bang on offence, even when someone goes down early due to speed teams. Most times I'm just hoping poe/poggle do their thing and outside of big dodges and decent expose rng the game is mine!

Just wanted to let the thread know I got into rank 1 last night before rewards by beating a lvl 68 team with 25.4k power! The last second my little droid team got swapped to 2nd but it was my first time in the top 5 and now I know the 2 other members in my time slot (previously there was not much movement so it was hard to tell if they were fighting for it).

Thank you all for the great advice on how to build up my team! Now my questions are

1) should I move to QGJ from cantina shipments and JC in cantina nodes until bariss? Or should I stick with getting poe up?
    2)Also poggle is staying at 4 until 86 is done in arena. After that maybe 5* poggle, some stars into HK, then finish poggle?

If anyone disagrees or has suggestions, please let me know!

#droidteambestteam

edit: spellcheck
    Congrats!
    If you like your team, max it. I'd go for 6* Poe and 7* 86 then 6* Poggle, minimum. Be sure to max 88, 86 and GS first and foremost. If you play in Android and you can unlock HK47 before March 17th, do so. Free droid shards are welcome.

Then Lumi, JC, Barriss and Daka, in some combination, are great for GW. QGJ is great for everything and a great Jedi to have.
  • Options
    Reyia wrote: »

Yes, with a F2P account you have to be very focused. You will only have very limited selection of characters so every gear, credit, refresh, shard counts. Good to hear you are focusing on the 2 IGs they are the main damage dealers in a droid team. Lol u can set an alarm to go off every 6 hours to catch those shipments. Or just login several times a day to check. If you have to spend, buy a small amount of crystals and use them for the first few refreshes. 50, 50, 100, 100 are very good value for energy refreshes, and 100, 200 for cantina are worth it to develop your characters fast. Remember your first chromium data pack will almost always give you a full light side character (reddit source I have tested on both my accounts and got two full characters). You can also purchase the crystal subscription which is a good value and spread the 100 crystals daily for 21 days. You need to plan ahead who you will farm and stay on target.

Yep, the full character on first chromium seems to be a thing. Got Ima Gun-di on my main account, which was useful. Coruscant Underworld Police, which is much, much less so, on this one. Oh, and auto correct offered "underwhelming police" when I wrote that. Tempting not to fix...
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    I wish I could run a droid team but there are so many high speed heroes on my server :(
  • Options
    Possibly I would be asking this elsewhere but as this is my favourite thread, I would like some advise/recommendations on what to farm in the arena shipments next please...

I got my 88 to 7* and I also have maxed Sid, HK is at 6*

Is it really worth maxing HK ? He is not currently in my arena droid squad and it will be dull farming the next 100 squad tokens to max him.

But what is the alternative? I am thinking maybe eeth Koth for his stun and possible yoga Jedi team (one day) or ventress as she seems to have some, interesting skills although I have read some negative reviews. None of the area characters synergies with my droids anyway so am open to suggestions

Thanks
  • Options
    Finished 5th for the second day in a row on my mature, hard launch server, with no crystal refreshes, using my HK led droid team.

Nice to be back, haven't made it here since switching to droids a month ago, taken that long to gear/star/ability them up.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Finished 5th for the second day in a row on my mature, hard launch server, with no crystal refreshes, using my HK led droid team.

Nice to be back, haven't made it here since switching to droids a month ago, taken that long to gear/star/ability them up.

Impressive, what does your squad compose of?
  • Options
    Anraeth wrote: »

Impressive, what is your squad compose of?

Thanks, I used to get 1st 3-4 times a week with my old Phasma led team but since the fix to her leadership ability, was unable to stay top 20.

I tried Lobot for a while at 6* gear 9 but the extra speed wasn't enough to beat the QGJ / Dooku /Sid teams so I dropped in HK.

Here I am in a mirror match yesterday.

f4ehw7.png
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    climax wrote: »
    As I wrote before in this topic, I use a classic droid team made of Poggle, GS, IG86, IG88, Poe. All maxed. On offense is awesome and I manage to take top3 spot daily. My question is, what do you think is the best droid team for defending in Arena? (Or that, in your opinion, might defend better than this one)

@climax

Droids team are great on offence but not so much on defence. The best droid team for defence in Arena using your heroes would be Poggle (leader), GS, IG86, IG88, Poe. If you have HK47, u can sub IG88 by HK47 as most people would kill IG88 first so it could make it a bit harder to kill your team.

If you have other heroes the best team on defence would be a speed team led by QGJ. You could put a team like QGJ (leader), GS, Poe, Poggle, and IG86 to see how it hold up in your server. The best QGJ team would involve one shoot characters such as Rey, FOTP and RG as tank. An example is QGJ (leader), GS, Rey, RG, and FOTP.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Hyperalloy wrote: »
    Hyperalloy wrote: »
    So, got a question that's not directly droid-related, but at the very least droid-adjacent:

Started an alt account and got the dark side starter pack and the droid pack with the intention of going for a droid team from the start. It's going pretty well, but starting to hit a gear wall because the droids aren't great for progressing in the dark side missions, and obviously completely out of the picture for light side.

I'm doing daka from shipments to help with ds and gw, and diverted some resources to get at least a low star lumi without slowing down droid farming too much. Could use some tips for other useful early farms to progress both mission sides enough to gear up the droids, though. Especially light side as I have nothing but the starters and 4 star lumi and 3 star qgj for that. Should look into Poe, but he obviously competes with daka who helps with both dark side and gw.

Account level is 55, droids, gs and poggle are around there too, most others lagging behind a bit.

I've got 3 maxed out droids for my DS missions (HK, 86 and 88) + 4 star level 62 gear 7 Daka and 5 star level 60 gear 7 Talia. 3 starred all DS missions, with only 3 nodes (2 lvl 7 normal and 1 lvl 7 hard) that took more than 1 try to 3 star.

Hmm, might follow your lead and pump up Talia a bit. Daka should help a lot too, 2-3 days to go to unlock her. Did you disregard light side early on?

In my experience, LS missions are easier than DS because LS has excelent Jedi healers and I powered up my JC and Lumi early on. Notice that LS missions are actually of lower level (i.e. lower level enemies) and when combined with the greater focus on healing and surviving of LS characters in general, 3 star completions are easier to obtain. I'm currently running an all Jedi LS mission team.

The DS missions require the opposite approach, requiring less focus on healing and more focus on firepower, with a good combination of strong AOEs and single target takedowns to hopefully kill all enemies before anyone from your team gets killed. DS has the issue of weaker healing, hence the need for a more offensive approach.

In short:

LS: Strong survivability and recoverability with decent DPS to steadily chip the enemy to rubble.

DS: Maximize firepower to kill the enemy before they have a chance to cause major damage.

For DS missions, a combo of HK47 lead with 86 and 88 leads to lots of crits and turn meter gain to compensate for their lack of speed. The droids have the problem of slow intiative, but with HK47 lead, once the crit train starts and momentum builds, it's a grand massacare.

+1.

As @Hyperalloy said LS and DS battles are to be approached differently. LS have very good healers, JC, Lumi, Barriss and those three healers can help heal any of the mission with the proper gear and stars. They are also very easy to farm excluding Barriss which requires level 69.

DS usually you don't rely that much on healing but on quickly sniping the enemies by focus fire with great damage and offensive power. Talia will be able to help in certain missions and it would be great to have allies with a 7* Daka to help with DS missions.
  • Options
    I've been running Poggle 88 86 Sid Daka with some impressive success. I'm sure I'm not the first to try it, but it's a fun spin that's won some impressive battles beyond the first and second turns.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    I've been running Poggle 88 86 Sid Daka with some impressive success. I'm sure I'm not the first to try it, but it's a fun spin that's won some impressive battles beyond the first and second turns.

@AnonymousLlama

Sounds like a fun team!! I'm farming Sid now from arena as HK47 and IG88 are done and once QGJ and Ahsoka are done I will start on Daka and try that combo to put an interesting twist on defence. :)
  • Options
    Hey all. I've decided to make a helpline to help anyone who has questions about droids. I love droids so much that I have created a brand new account and played a droid team exclusively since that time. Now it's already been over a month and I'm consistently in the top 10 in my shard. I've also written a diary that outlines my adventure from account creation till today. Everything I did since making that account to my present current team. I have had a lot of help when I asked questions so I decided to help those who needs help. Just ask me anything to do with droids, their synergy, squad formation, etc. No question is too trivial, so feel free to ask anything.
    n

Hey so I need ideas for who my 5th character should be on my droid team this is my set up so far

(L) Hk 7*
    Ig-88 and 86 7*
    Poggle 7*

I've been using lumi as my 5th character and I've only placed 1st in squad arena once. I have a leia I would like to use but don't know if she'll fit.

• climax
    16 posts Member
    Options
    climax wrote: »
    As I wrote before in this topic, I use a classic droid team made of Poggle, GS, IG86, IG88, Poe. All maxed. On offense is awesome and I manage to take top3 spot daily. My question is, what do you think is the best droid team for defending in Arena? (Or that, in your opinion, might defend better than this one)

@climax

Droids team are great on offence but not so much on defence. The best droid team for defence in Arena using your heroes would be Poggle (leader), GS, IG86, IG88, Poe. If you have HK47, u can sub IG88 by HK47 as most people would kill IG88 first so it could make it a bit harder to kill your team.

If you have other heroes the best team on defence would be a speed team led by QGJ. You could put a team like QGJ (leader), GS, Poe, Poggle, and IG86 to see how it hold up in your server. The best QGJ team would involve one shoot characters such as Rey, FOTP and RG as tank. An example is QGJ (leader), GS, Rey, RG, and FOTP.

Thank you. I am testing an hybrid team made of Poggle (L), IG-86, GS, Dooku, Poe and it is working quite well, I ended 1st yesterday in my shard :) All characters are maxed. I have HK47 maxed, I will test it on defense :)

• Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    DashRendar wrote: »
    Is the hotline number 867-5309?

Nope 100-8688
    Res non verba
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Akita10454 wrote: »
    Hey all. I've decided to make a helpline to help anyone who has questions about droids. I love droids so much that I have created a brand new account and played a droid team exclusively since that time. Now it's already been over a month and I'm consistently in the top 10 in my shard. I've also written a diary that outlines my adventure from account creation till today. Everything I did since making that account to my present current team. I have had a lot of help when I asked questions so I decided to help those who needs help. Just ask me anything to do with droids, their synergy, squad formation, etc. No question is too trivial, so feel free to ask anything.
    n

Hey so I need ideas for who my 5th character should be on my droid team this is my set up so far

(L) Hk 7*
    Ig-88 and 86 7*
    Poggle 7*

I've been using lumi as my 5th character and I've only placed 1st in squad arena once. I have a leia I would like to use but don't know if she'll fit.

If you put Poe in to protect your droids, you would have the classic droid team.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Where does RG need to be to effectively "protect" a droid team (i.e. where can he be a stand in for someone who doesn't have Poe?)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Where does RG need to be to effectively "protect" a droid team (i.e. where can he be a stand in for someone who doesn't have Poe?)

I'm going to try 6* gear 8, Poe just isn't cutting it on my server, it's all QGJ, Dooku and Yoda and they focus fire down my 88.
  • Options
    I have another question. What level (star, gear, etc.) would HK-47 (L), IG-88, IG-86, GS, and Poggle need to be to be Arena viable? I want to try to use them as is until I can farm up Poe.
  • Options
    ZHunter99 wrote: »
    I have another question. What level (star, gear, etc.) would HK-47 (L), IG-88, IG-86, GS, and Poggle need to be to be Arena viable? I want to try to use them as is until I can farm up Poe.

Depends entirely on your server, when did you start playing? If it's any time in December, I'd say 6* min if you want to crack top 50-100, 7* max for top 20.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Bora wrote: »
    DashRendar wrote: »
    Is the hotline number 867-5309?

Nope 100-8688

@Bora

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNaR-rxAic
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi :) I was thinking of using a unique droid team, just wanted to know your thoughts on how it might work. 88,86, Poe and GS as per most teams but then I thought about using Old Ben (now that he's farmable) for lead instead of poggle or hk. Like hk and poggle he can add speed/TM to everyone but in his case it relies on evasion for the TM gain. Not ideal I know, but was just thinking that if somehow my target droids can dodge the first attacks, and survive, they should go soon after that dodge and reek havoc. it's something I might want to try out. Not sure how it will go though. What do you think?
    If it doesn't work I can always farm hk for lead later on

Edit- I was just reading about and it appears that Old Bens leader ability is bugged and doesn't work at level 7 :/ I know they're fixing dookus lead ability with this next update. Anyone know if Bens lead is already fixed or getting fixed or if it's still bugged?
    Post edited by DV_27 on
  • Options

Depends entirely on your server, when did you start playing? If it's any time in December, I'd say 6* min if you want to crack top 50-100, 7* max for top 20.

I started Dec. 31. Does that change things?
  • Options

You will want to get the IGs starred and geared up fastest. You should probably know better than us. You will want to star and gear them up according to the competition.
  • Options

You will want to get the IGs starred and geared up fastest. You should probably know better than us. You will want to star and gear them up according to the competition.

Thanks for the help, guys! I actually just took my incomplete droid team into Arena and it works great! I just beat someone 3k power above me! Here's my current team:

HK-47 (L) L68 5* Gear VIII

Poggle L65 5* Gear VII

GS L61 4* Gear VIII

IG-86 L60 5* Gear VII

IG-88 L60 5* Gear VII

I say incomplete because obviously this is nowhere near high level, and wouldn't last against even top 200 players. I'm still trying to farm Poe, but this is working for now.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Akita10454 wrote: »
    n

(L) Hk 7*
    Ig-88 and 86 7*
    Poggle 7*

If you put Poe in to protect your droids, you would have the classic droid team.

@KamikazeRhombus

Classic droid team include Poe.
    Modern droid team include RG.

Poe in my opinion is better than RG due to his turn meter ability and expose which increases crit damage.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Anraeth wrote: »

Impressive, what is your squad compose of?

Thanks, I used to get 1st 3-4 times a week with my old Phasma led team but since the fix to her leadership ability, was unable to stay top 20.

I tried Lobot for a while at 6* gear 9 but the extra speed wasn't enough to beat the QGJ / Dooku /Sid teams so I dropped in HK.

Here I am in a mirror match yesterday.

f4ehw7.png

@Jabberwocky

That seems to be a fun match! I never faced another droid team in my alt's shard. I do on my main as there are two consistently ranked in the top 10 using droids. I use a QGJ team though in my main and most times I kill droid teams without a single character loss. I use TM manipulation, exposes, and assists plus Offense Up.