Reyia's Droids Helpline

Replies

• Hyperalloy
    202 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Hyperalloy Lol so many programming mistakes from the devs. Yea I remember the days when FOTP got an unnatural increase in stamina making him the best damage dealer with massive health. He was like a tank that hits like Rey. And yes too many times increasing abilities actually reduced them instead. So they increased IG100 health but decreased his damage. Plus he doesn't have taunt. I don't see his purpose in a droid team.[/quote]

Makes me wonder if they outsourced the actual coding to some slave code monkeys in some 3rd world nation.

Anyhow, back on droid related issues. On my server, it seems that droid teams are getting picked on by everyone trying to climb the ranks. I've mentioned before how I dropped from rank 19 to rank 136 in merely 18 hours

My droid centric teams are as follows:

HK-47 (L), Poggle, 86, 88, Poe
    HK-47 (L), Poggle, 86, 88, RG
    Poggle, Phasma, 86, 88, Poe
    Poggle, Phasma, 86, 88, RG

Phasma is used for offense sometimes when dealing with the likes of Dooku, where her advantage and TM addition enables both more damage and turns to increase the likelihood of 1-shotting counterattckers (dead enemy can't counterattack). Poggle lead is used for maximizing sheer firepower consistantly.

No viable GS yet, sadly, still need to gear and star him up first (G8, lvl 69, 3 star). Those 50 stun cuffs take a LOOONNGGG time to farm.

Really wish that they made IG-100 viable for anti-Jedi droid offense teams, something like this:

HK-47 (L), 86, 88, 100, Poggle/GS/RG/Poe

Would have been so much fun against Jedi teams, but as always, they screwed up an already super hard to get character to make sure no one in their right mind would bother to get him. So sad.

Post edited by Hyperalloy on
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    @Hyperalloy

That's a big drop in rank. At the moment I'm writing this I'm sitting at rank one. Still no major drop yet. The most I've dropped is to 11 at one point. I'm using Poggle (leader), GS, Poe, IG86, and HK47 atm.

GS is one of the best character you can farm as he plays a central role in a Poggle led team. You need to get him to 7* asap with gear IX. Those cuffs sure take time but are so worth it.

I use Phasma in my main account in a QGJ led team. I have no trouble maintaining rank one at prize time there with Poe as well for TM manipulation.

In my opinion classic led HK47 teams are getting picked more often than Poggle led ones.

Speed meta have made the droids/Poe meta much less popular than before. Nowadays QGJ led team are a dime a dozen. I've also seen a rise in Dooku led teams. There are still many Sid/Phasma led teams in my main's shard.
  • Face2Face
    81 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm still in the process of getting my GS, Poggle, and GS to 7*. Currently they're all 6*. Poe is only 5* and Phasma is 7*

I'm running Poggle (L), GS, IG86, Poe, and Phasma. It's a weird combo, but it works out alright. I got the idea from another forum member. I finally hit the 40's rank today in my Server. I'm sure I'll get knocked back as the day goes on. I'm also in the process of building up my soon to be 4* RG.

Made a quick video of the most recent Arena battle

https://youtu.be/hnfwW-2LsBk
  • Options
    Face2Face wrote: »
    I'm still in the process of getting my GS, Poggle, and GS to 7*. Currently they're all 6*. Poe is only 5* and Phasma is 7*

I'm running Poggle (L), GS, IG86, Poe, and Phasma. It's a weird combo, but it works out alright. I got the idea from another forum member. I finally hit the 40's rank today in my Server. I'm sure I'll get knocked back as the day goes on. I'm also in the process of building up my soon to be 4* RG.

Wow! Lumi's uber dodge streak...

Well, at least GS saved the day in the end.

Did you know that GS has counted to infinity, twice?
  • Face2Face
    81 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I know she was dodging like crazy. I know my GS isn't fully geared yet, so he's kind of slow... is that what you mean?

• Options

I know she was dodging like crazy. I know my GS isn't fully geared yet, so he's kind of slow... is that what you mean?

That's part of it, the next part is that a fully powered up GS is the plug in solution to your arena team problems in the current state of the game. That said, as powerful as he is, endgame at lvl 90, Rey will become a Goddess at 172 speed according to SWGOH cantina if her stats remain unchanged, so relatively speaking he's very good, but not quite OP, until the next lvl cap where he gets an assist EVERY turn if things remain unchanged.

That said, it was a really well played game. Thumbs up!
  • Options
    Reyia wrote: »
    @Hyperalloy

That's a big drop in rank. At the moment I'm writing this I'm sitting at rank one. Still no major drop yet. The most I've dropped is to 11 at one point. I'm using Poggle (leader), GS, Poe, IG86, and HK47 atm.

GS is one of the best character you can farm as he plays a central role in a Poggle led team. You need to get him to 7* asap with gear IX. Those cuffs sure take time but are so worth it.

I use Phasma in my main account in a QGJ led team. I have no trouble maintaining rank one at prize time there with Poe as well for TM manipulation.

In my opinion classic led HK47 teams are getting picked more often than Poggle led ones.

Speed meta have made the droids/Poe meta much less popular than before. Nowadays QGJ led team are a dime a dozen. I've also seen a rise in Dooku led teams. There are still many Sid/Phasma led teams in my main's shard.

No wonder, on a young shard droid teams still instill fear to relative newbies, but I started this game from October IIRC and on my shard, no one in the top 200 is less than 25,000 power, with over 28,000 power squads here and there and what seems like a strong mix of both whales and FTPs.
  • Options
    I have all maxed: hk, 88, 86, poggle, gs, han, poe(6*)
    Normally I use hk lead switching between gs/han/poe depending on the matchup. Today I tried something new and went with poggle lead, 86, gs, han, poe. Only did it for 1 battle, was a bit harder to win but came through and havent dropped in rank at all today so far (13 atm) will go back to my usual hk lead when pushing before payoutbut I think you're right that poggle lead is more intimidating and the double tank means less people wanting to try you
  • Drag
    4 posts Member
    Options
    It feels like not all server shards are created the same. Some people talk about the ease with which they gain or maintain high rank even after the huge Droid nerfs, but for some posters like myself you're essentially fighting tooth and nail just to stay relevant in the 20'shower to 30's and God help you if you run through an unlucky streak.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Drag wrote: »
    It feels like not all server shards are created the same. Some people talk about the ease with which they gain or maintain high rank even after the huge Droid nerfs, but for some posters like myself you're essentially fighting tooth and nail just to stay relevant in the 20'shower to 30's and God help you if you run through an unlucky streak.

It depends on when you started. Players are grouped on servers based on when they installed the game. Droids are dominant on early to mid servers. On mature servers, they have a little bit tougher time, as they aren't facing Sid, Phasma and Lumi, they're facing 7* QGJ/Yoda teams or 7* lead Dooku with Rey and Daka, etc. As a server matures, the slightly better, harder to farm heroes start to claw their way up the rankings.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

@Face2Face

Nice video! That Lumi dodge though... she dodged your whole team's attacks! If it was Dooku led you would expect far more dodges. Phasma is a very versatile hero and doesn't need to be used only as a First Order team. She can fit various team compositions. She was my first 7*, used her for the leader skill for about a month till I switched to QGJ led but she's still in the team. The advantage and turn manipulation makes her earn a spot in the team. Grats on hitting the 40s rank! I went ahead and 7* Poe in my main. Soon you will be able to get higher in ranks when your GS, Poggle, and Poe are 7*. RG will still be a very lengthy farm so you will be using Poe for quite a while. Good luck in your battles and hope you get to top 10!!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Hyperalloy wrote: »
    @Hyperalloy

No wonder, on a young shard droid teams still instill fear to relative newbies, but I started this game from October IIRC and on my shard, no one in the top 200 is less than 25,000 power, with over 28,000 power squads here and there and what seems like a strong mix of both whales and FTPs.

@Hyperalloy

It's no longer a young shard. Everyone is level 70 and I fight 27/28k power teams all day, every day. I do get pushed back but then I do battles again to get to the top. You lose far fewer ranks at the top. Your server have too many whales. On mine there aren't that many whales luckily. I got to know a few of them and they have different payout times so it all works out. On my main's server I noticed a few actives at my payout time. They sniped me a few times but they quickly learnt that I'm relentless in using crystals for more battles so they basically leave me alone and settle for lower ranks at 6 p.m my time. I always have a few thousand crystals there just in case I need them for 'emergencies'. :)
  • Options
    My 6* Royal Guard is definitely helping the IG's survive the opening salvo of speedy QGJ / Dooku / GS squads.
    Missing Poe's expose and TM though, RG stuns only partially make up for it since he's often below 50% by the time he gets to go so he doesn't stun.

Not dropping as fast after payout either but it's hard to say after only a few hours.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    @Hyperalloy

@Hyperalloy

It's no longer a young shard. Everyone is level 70 and I fight 27/28k power teams all day, every day. I do get pushed back but then I do battles again to get to the top. You lose far fewer ranks at the top. Your server have too many whales. On mine there aren't that many whales luckily. I got to know a few of them and they have different payout times so it all works out. On my main's server I noticed a few actives at my payout time. They sniped me a few times but they quickly learnt that I'm relentless in using crystals for more battles so they basically leave me alone and settle for lower ranks at 6 p.m my time. I always have a few thousand crystals there just in case I need them for 'emergencies'. :)

I see, good to know that things are less manic over there on your droid shard. You're correct that there are huge whales on my shard and a few of them I'm absolutely sure are blue whales judging by their squads of multiple fully starred chromium only Jedi, 7 star Leia, etc.

As it is, I'm now switching between my droid focused and speed focused QGJ led teams, depending on the squad I face. Sadly, my QGJ is still 7 days away from 6 stars to ensure more reliable triggering of my 5 star fully levelled and geared RG's auto taunt, as well as maximize his chances of finishing some dangerous DPS on round 1. It's a long farm, but I've planned to fully star RG due to his sheer usefulness for almost any squad I can come up with. My lvl 70, 4 star GS is still 11 stun cuffs away from accessing G9. I'm now using all my cantina energy on this guy to star him up ASAP due to his sheer usefulness in almost all squads.

Same here on my soft-launch veteran shard in terms of squad compositions, QGJ led speed teams are now numerically dominant, with Dooku led squads on the rise as well. Dooku lead with old Daka onboard can potentially Troll opponents enough to drive up smartphone sales...

• Options
    My 6* Royal Guard is definitely helping the IG's survive the opening salvo of speedy QGJ / Dooku / GS squads.
    Missing Poe's expose and TM though, RG stuns only partially make up for it since he's often below 50% by the time he gets to go so he doesn't stun.

Not dropping as fast after payout either but it's hard to say after only a few hours.

True, in NY experience the only way my HK led droid team has a chance against those maxed out 28,000+ power blue whale Jedi speed teams is by replacing Poe with RG so my maxed out IG-88 has chance to go with just a few % health remaining, which typically happens when hebgets focused on first. With Poe, it's utterly hopeless.
  • Options

True, in NY experience the only way my HK led droid team has a chance against those maxed out 28,000+ power blue whale Jedi speed teams is by replacing Poe with RG so my maxed out IG-88 has chance to go with just a few % health remaining, which typically happens when hebgets focused on first. With Poe, it's utterly hopeless.

Hopefully we'll see a balancing with the next update and the speed demons won't also deal tons of damage. OHKO fights aren't good for the longevity of the game.

My shard all of a sudden has 9 Dooku leaders in the top 20, 6 QGJ, my HK and one other, an Akbar, a Sid and a Poggle.
    I'd like to see way more variety.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

@Jabberwocky

RG certainly helps heaps in protecting the droids during the opening moves when enemy members such as QGJ, Yoda, Dooku, and GS move before any droid moves. It all depends on RNG when I play as I don't have a viable RG to use. If they attack my HK47 or Poggle first I'm saved. If they attack IG86 or IG88 then they die before doing any damage. I can see more Dooku led shards and the dodges are insane. IG100 seems to be fixed from the recent patch but it still remains to be seen whether he is okay to use. With no taunt the IGs would still die.
  • Options
    Is Daka playable in a half Droid Team?
    Poggle(L), IG88, IG86, GS, ???
    The ??? could be Daka or is Poe way better?
  • Options

@Jabberwocky

RG certainly helps heaps in protecting the droids during the opening moves when enemy members such as QGJ, Yoda, Dooku, and GS move before any droid moves. It all depends on RNG when I play as I don't have a viable RG to use. If they attack my HK47 or Poggle first I'm saved. If they attack IG86 or IG88 then they die before doing any damage. I can see more Dooku led shards and the dodges are insane. IG100 seems to be fixed from the recent patch but it still remains to be seen whether he is okay to use. With no taunt the IGs would still die.

I took out my max gear 6* Poe for the max gear 6* RG.
    He's definitely a difference maker in protecting the IGs since they don't usually get one shotted but die from subsequent attacks by fast toons focusing down on them (especially 88).
    88 is able to regain a substantial amount of his health when using his AoE, especially if buffed from Poggle and can even go from red, attack, and survive a double counter from Dooku.

I finished 10th yesterday and am still sitting at 14th 17 hours later. I got lucky with RG, I had him almost at 5* from multiple Bronzium drops before I ever farmed my first shard. Now if only Snowtrooper would get a buff...lol
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    @Hyperalloy

@Hyperalloy

I see, good to know that things are less manic over there on your droid shard. You're correct that there are huge whales on my shard and a few of them I'm absolutely sure are blue whales judging by their squads of multiple fully starred chromium only Jedi, 7 star Leia, etc.

As it is, I'm now switching between my droid focused and speed focused QGJ led teams, depending on the squad I face. Sadly, my QGJ is still 7 days away from 6 stars to ensure more reliable triggering of my 5 star fully levelled and geared RG's auto taunt, as well as maximize his chances of finishing some dangerous DPS on round 1. It's a long farm, but I've planned to fully star RG due to his sheer usefulness for almost any squad I can come up with. My lvl 70, 4 star GS is still 11 stun cuffs away from accessing G9. I'm now using all my cantina energy on this guy to star him up ASAP due to his sheer usefulness in almost all squads.

Same here on my soft-launch veteran shard in terms of squad compositions, QGJ led speed teams are now numerically dominant, with Dooku led squads on the rise as well. Dooku lead with old Daka onboard can potentially Troll opponents enough to drive up smartphone sales...

@Hyperalloy

It's funny to see so many whales having all characters at 7* level 70 and still using F2P heroes in their teams! I've seen the rosters of a few members on my shard and they literally have everything, even CG! I still have so many not activated, with a red 1 circle to the upper left side waiting for lucky bronzium pulls. I don't need so many characters anyways, not enough ability material mk III and no credits to even level to 70 let alone star them.

It is much less hectic on the droid shard than my main shard. I'm slowly bringing a Jedi team to 7*. It will take a while but I'm thinking of making a Jedi/droid hybrid team to be able to compete with the speed teams. Farming all the characters is very slow, with many only available through the hard nodes such as RG or Rey or the Ewoks.

I started farming QGJ and stopped Poe when he got to 6*. Now my QGJ is 6* but put on hold till my Poe is 7*. Nearly there, my Poe is 70/100. I wanted Poe to be 7* as I wanted a bit more health and damage from him. Indeed RG is so useful but is such a slow farm. By the time I complete him two or three more meta would have already been out by then and level 80 too.

GS though is very easy to farm. Everyone can get him- he is in the first node of cantina so even newbies who just started can have him. He was my first 7* if I remember correctly. Either him or IG88 as arena shards are easy to come by with rank 1 every day.

Haha I bet those Dooku teams on their own are increasing recycling of phones plus purchase of new handsets :D Keyboards and mices sales have increased as well from people using emulators on their PCs.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    slider13 wrote: »

@slider13 I haven't tried that combo as I don't have a Daka yet in my alt but she could be used to rez those fallen droids. She would basically function as a tank as players will focus on getting Daka down first. Poe is better because of the 2 turns taunt, enemies' reduction in turn meter plus exposes. That way your droids can quickly kill 1-3 members of the other team in your turn. Don't think the healing and resurrecting meta is good at this point in time but could well play a major part when level 80 hits and fortitude comes into play.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

@Jabberwocky

He's definitely a difference maker in protecting the IGs since they don't usually get one shotted but die from subsequent attacks by fast toons focusing down on them (especially 88).
    88 is able to regain a substantial amount of his health when using his AoE, especially if buffed from Poggle and can even go from red, attack, and survive a double counter from Dooku.

I finished 10th yesterday and am still sitting at 14th 17 hours later. I got lucky with RG, I had him almost at 5* from multiple Bronzium drops before I ever farmed my first shard. Now if only Snowtrooper would get a buff...lol

@Jabberwocky

Wow four ranks change in 17 hours!! That means your team is holding well with RG in place of Poe. I'm currently rank four about 9 hours from prize giving time. Haven't done any battles yet, still have 5 left. My current team is a 6* Poggle (leader), GS 7*, IG86 7*, HK47 7*, and Poe 6*. I got lucky yesterday with a full RG character pull from bronzium so now he is 4* level 50 gear VI.

If IG88 survived initial attack his lifesteal works very well to regain health with the AoE. Unfortunately when I use him the enemy always seem to target him first and kill him so I can't use him at all from beginning till end of match, that's why I often replace him with HK47. HK47 has 15k health, can self revive, plus does bonus debuffs versus Jedi enemies.

Lol snowtrooper? I still have him at 1* gear III in my alt. He's 4* gear V in my main. It would be great if Mace got a buff as I farmed him to nearly 7* already from cantina as I had noone else to farm at that time. Now I still need JC, IG100, CC, Barriss, and Dooku from there.
  • Options
    slider13 wrote: »

@slider13 I haven't tried that combo as I don't have a Daka yet in my alt but she could be used to rez those fallen droids. She would basically function as a tank as players will focus on getting Daka down first. Poe is better because of the 2 turns taunt, enemies' reduction in turn meter plus exposes. That way your droids can quickly kill 1-3 members of the other team in your turn. Don't think the healing and resurrecting meta is good at this point in time but could well play a major part when level 80 hits and fortitude comes into play.

With RNGessus's blessing, you'll have the ultiimate trolling deathsquad.

Poor smartphones...
  • Options
    Update on my previous post: team is working really well. won 7/7 battles with it so far and it hasnt dropped me any rank (though I had the wrong team on overnight) and thats vs 3 dooku lead, 2 hk droids with poe, 2 random all in top 20

The poggle lead isnt near as good as hk's lead ability but cutting hk from the squad allows me to add in the han for the TM im missing from hk, so you sort of get both hk and poggle's leader abilities in a sense, also with the assurance that both 86 and gs will stay alive till the end.

If anybody has han too I'd recommend testing it out:
    Poggle lead, GS, 86, Poe, Han
    Be sure to hit off their poe with GS so your poe goes as intended. And you want han's taunt up as soon as possible too because the TM is tied to his taunt.
  • Options
    I've noticed from your diary that you use IG-88 and HK-47 interchangeably. How do you decide which one to use? Or do you just use HK for defense?
  • Options
    I'm new here and I have some questions :p

I'm currently running this droid team and hitting top 100 on my server.
    Hk 4* (L)
    88 6*
    86 7*
    Poggle 6*
    Poe 5*
    All 69 and Poggle is 66. And HK is almost 5*

I'm very far from upgrading my toons to the next star. So, will I be able to keep climbing ranks or am I going to stuck until I upgrade them.?
    I guess it depends on my server, but also I want to know if I should keep farming them or focus on a Jedi team to get yoda.

Note: I'm F2P and I like to collect toons :D
  • Options

@Jabberwocky

@Jabberwocky

Wow four ranks change in 17 hours!! That means your team is holding well with RG in place of Poe. I'm currently rank four about 9 hours from prize giving time. Haven't done any battles yet, still have 5 left. My current team is a 6* Poggle (leader), GS 7*, IG86 7*, HK47 7*, and Poe 6*. I got lucky yesterday with a full RG character pull from bronzium so now he is 4* level 50 gear VI.

If IG88 survived initial attack his lifesteal works very well to regain health with the AoE. Unfortunately when I use him the enemy always seem to target him first and kill him so I can't use him at all from beginning till end of match, that's why I often replace him with HK47. HK47 has 15k health, can self revive, plus does bonus debuffs versus Jedi enemies.

Lol snowtrooper? I still have him at 1* gear III in my alt. He's 4* gear V in my main. It would be great if Mace got a buff as I farmed him to nearly 7* already from cantina as I had noone else to farm at that time. Now I still need JC, IG100, CC, Barriss, and Dooku from there.

I'm running HK leader with Poggle, 88, 86 and RG. I've found that on offense, even when my 88 gets taken out early, I still have a chance with RG. Still early but looks promising.

In case the droids become less viable, I'm working on a hybrid team, I'm about 30 stun cuffs shy of gear 9 on GS and he needs a few more levels so haven't used him yet and have QGJ Ready to promote to 7* just in case.
  • Vixy
    65 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Shards Shards all over the place. I love HK-47, always have, so opposed to popular demand I didn't bombrush Sidious, I got HK and was so happy!!! For about 10 minutes...then I found no synergy at all and died...BUT HOPE WAS SHONE and now I have a decent droid team, 6* HK 5* 86 5* 88 5* Phasma (I got a lucky 4* pull a while back and tried to make a First order team but... yeah FOTP shards) and Lumi.

I've been working on changing out phasma for poggle after I asked around but now I'm in kindof a rut because Ive heard VERY mixed reviews on the last slot. Note I'm F2P mostly (maybe 10-15$ a month MAX!!! If that) but I'm stuck between 3 units I've heard about and it's conflicting with shards because I've heard go with Genosian Soldier for poggle synergy...but then no heals. Go with Daka for multiple res's and even more comeback with HK AND stuns...but squishy and low power heal. Go with Lumi for powerful heal, strong attack, and ability lock...but slow. And finally Go with Poe or Chewy for a nice taunt to protect your IG's...but no heal and only a temporary shield...also no heal...

I still someday want a First Order Team and a Droid Team so I dont get squished in Galactic and I love HK too much to ever let him die so I was using cantina to farm Kylo Ren and then I found out about soldier as 1st battle in cantina, as well as Daka AND Poe both being cantina shipments (I tried to get qui gon but my light side roster sucks XD)

I'm so confused and I'm trying to focus on the Droid Team but I don't really know what direction to go with this right now. I'll have Poggle by the end of tonight as I only need 4 shards left to get him but my rank keeps jumping between 1100 and 850 so I keep loosing my top 1k and then Ill loose my IG 86 before he gets in a single attack so I really need to figure out where to go from here and looking at how many people asked you for help I figured you would be a great person to ask for a more meaningful answer :D

Thanks for any help!!!

EDIT: I've also got magna guard 2* but not really sure if he's any good as never heard much on him
  • Options
    Wish they had added Bao-Dur instead of jawa engineer. The first time a droid ally is defeated Bao Dur would gain 100% turn meter and revive it at reduced health. And maybe his unique gives him some special buff if he is the only living non-droid ally, as he would surely prefer to be alone with his army of machinery :)

Kinda weird how hk is the only toon from the kotor series
  • VinceG
    36 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I've found a decent team to use with ig-100, it's starts with hk47 lead ig 86 ig-100 poggle and kylo ren, it creates a fun tanky offensive anti Jedi team, they usually can survive the barrage of fast qgj teams and when it finally becomes your turn the power of the aoe with offense up from poggle and Debuffs from hk 47and ig-100 is devastating kylo Rens aoe damage is great with off.up, Plus crits and turn meter gain ig 100 probably gets the most attacks per match and the health is great to survive late into matches and Hk47 almost always revives. Very good against Jedi teams and dooku, currently sitting at 29 rank on December server