Changes to Asajj/Acolyte Strategy in STR MEGA THREAD

Replies

• Banth
    158 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    And why not just change the way isolate works in raids? Leave everything else alone and address the actual new element that makes the infinite loop possible instead of breaking everything else. Turn the +50% health steal is gives when attacking an isolated enemy to something like +15% damage and boom, fixed.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    you're telling me this after investing 4 zetas and a squad of g12 NS with armateks!!
    better nerf the health steal up, for the health of the game
  • I guess since TB is bug free and TW matchmaking is perfect they have moved on to some of the lesser issues.....oh snap
  • GRTL
    48 posts Member
    zhtd17 wrote: »
    you're telling me this after investing 4 zetas and a squad of g12 NS with armateks!!
    better nerf the health steal up, for the health of the game

I only geared my ns team for this raid. Hard other teams I would have upgraded instead. Thank you very much, cg.
  • egtrip
    23 posts Member
    will there be refunds for our gear, credits, zetas spent on the team for one phase of the raid?
  • If you screw up nightsister give us our zetas and gear back.
  • So a way to enjoy the game is found... and you nerf it.. wow way to go devs... the NS team in question is called using strategy. Using the toons you developed to play the game that you created.

Our guild which is 112 mil gp of committed players have all decided there is totally no point doing anything more than T3 of the STR due to the rewards, time sink and the fact that anytime any of us invest in a team it gets nerfed. (We used to do t5 but that was taking 6-7 days)

You said in the initial raid brief and other comments that you wanted to
    • Create progression up the tiers, so far there is none due to the lack of meaningful rewards.
    • You said you wanted it to be inclusive - so you introduce a huge disparity in how gear is assigned.
    • You said you believed teams would surface that would help and make the guild more available to all - and its only RTJ as all the others have been nerfed.

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Should be much higher than 20. That loop they are referring to is WAY higher than 20. Let it be 50.

You can’t solo a 50, AND it takes a lot of skill. Acolyte getting 50 stacks would be a TINY score.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    Syfo_Diaz wrote: »
    If they're going to nerf the sisters then I want my zetas back, only reason I did asajj lead and talzin unique was for sith P4.1, glad I didn't pull the trigger on daka yet!

Dude #1 "Hey look, a bridge"

Dude #2 "Where?"

Dude #1 "Way over there!"

Dude #2 "I'll cross it when I get to it"

Hey, look... the bridge is washing out where we planned to cross.

Where?

Two days' hike ahead.

Let's not find a better way now, but **** about it when we get to it.

Thanks for that response. So of you believe NS is about to get wiped out, and yes that would suck, then take your advice and find another way now.
  • Insta-nerfing any advantages found by players? Check!
    Nerf goes far beyond the actual "issue" and actively hurts player investment? Check!
    Posted late Friday so they can leave for the weekend and avoid any feedback? Check, check, and check!

Ladies and gentlemen, it's the Full CG trifecta!
  • We've invested a lot of time and effort to get these characters.
    Why don't you also nerf the characters who could solo Rancor and HAAT?
    Your precious raid has been outwitted... take the hit!
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    Let us ungear zombi because of the Nerf You just put in thanks...
  • KTroy24
    241 posts Member
    Since the nerf to Asajj has taken place, can we get a refund for our Gear 12 and 12+ pieces that were used on NS? Spent $$$ on Gear and Zetas for HSith raid but now useless due to some exploit that’s ruined it for everyone else.
    I really don’t want to quit this game (playing since November 2015) but it’s so ridiculous now
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • Hi @cg_sbcrumb can you please share a list of toons I should feel safe in gearing? I've spent considerable resources on toons and at every turn you nerf them. Do I agree with infinite loops? No. But these knee **** reactions are not favorable for our rosters and our ability to gear toons intelligently.
  • Krovikan
    12 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Wow... At least when the St. Han strategy we were told almost immediately. Watching your player base spend zeta mats on a squad you know you are going to nerf, and based on the post has been in the works for a while, is crazy. Why would you? Purposely try and anger your entire player base that has been working hard on beating your content?

And let's be clear you are needing your entire player base to solve a problem that only affects those who have 7-star Traya? That makes it even worse, who really cares if a whale guild who already has HSTR finishes the raid slightly easier?
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    And 4 zetas. And gear on all other NS. This will significantly impact NS in every game mode. If they do something like limiting the number of revives, we deserve refunds. Not to mention the crystals (money) we spent farming shards.
  • Mahbrethir
    234 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Banth wrote: »
    And why not just change the way isolate works in raids? Leave everything else alone and address the actual new element that makes the infinite loop possible instead of breaking everything else. Turn the +50% health steal is gives when attacking an isolated enemy to something like +15% damage and boom, fixed.

Simple, because CG is much more willing to screw over the average player and protect the whales than the other way around. It's all about money.
  • KTroy24 wrote: »
    Since the nerf to Asajj has taken place, can we get a refund for our Gear 12 and 12+ pieces that were used on NS? Spent $$$ on Gear and Zetas for HSith raid but now useless due to some exploit that’s ruined it for everyone else.
    I really don’t want to quit this game (playing since November 2015) but it’s so ridiculous now

I dont usually sign up to this kind of comment.. But for once I 100% agree. The only reason I put a zeta on Asajj was for P4 as I use MT leadership when i run NS
  • I
    We've invested a lot of time and effort to get these characters.
    Why don't you also nerf the characters who could solo Rancor and HAAT?
    Your precious raid has been outwitted... take the hit!

Don't tempt Satan dude. Mind you nerfing CLS would give me the perfect excuse not to farm a load of toons I don't want.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • And they just broke NS phase 4 teams, thanks for the "fix"
  • Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    right, so where do I sign up for the incoming refund of my 3 zetas spent on NS??

cause the Daka one sure as hell is useless now in the Sith raid given you have to cleanse after 20 stacks, and there's clearly not an intention for us to use them to make proper progress as a guild in this raid...
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Can i have my gear and zetas returned from my nightsisters now? There are much better places i could have spent them. 4 toons to g12 and 4 zetas spent on a squad i would otherwise never have built.
  • So.....they created a system where zombie always rezzes, Daka stacks health from rezzes, and the team is tm juggernauts.

Who would want to gear up zombie with a complete understanding of the mechanics? They let paper zombie be part of meta for months and now it's not ok?

Really cg, you shoot yourself in the posterior every single time.

Player base who invested time, grinding and most importantly, $$$, NOW is the time for you to speak up.
  • Let me say to start, I read posts: I have never actually posted on any of these forums/reddit. Having said that, if CG changes the NS squads as proposed they need to offer refunds for the zetas like they did with Barris. Many of us never would have done the daka, MT unique zetas if not for their utility in the raid. One squad doing massive damage in one phase is nothing new: Tebow leads with rancor, clones in hAAT, etc.... Changing the mechanics so one squad cannot do 2 entire phases is understandable. I have no arguments against that. That can be fixed incredibly easy by the developers with no other changes being necessary: nerf isolate against raid bosses. For that squad to work, you have to have a 7* Traya. Remove her from the squad and it doesn't work at all.

To the developers: this is such an easy fix. If you proceed with your current planned changes, you are absolutely going to have another reddit nightmare. None of us want that, and we know you don't either. Please think this through before having massive, far reaching consequences. Losing a 2 phase solo team is a minor inconvenience that 95% of players won't even care about. Invalidating the 4 zetas and all of the g12 investment required for 4 NS members (Talzin excluded, as she has utility in every facet of the Game) is an insult to the majority of your players. By all means, fix the solo issues; but please do so in a responsible manner.
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Ns are still one of the few viable p4 teams, let's not go too overboard here guys. But this essentially half's their effectiveness putting the stack count at 20. 40-50 would easily achieve their goal of negating this acolyte team while still preserving the viability of ns as a whole.

Daka zeta refunds? Leggo.
  • First off 20 is very, very low seeing as solos from the cheese had stacks as high as 1000. So just tell the true, your nerfing the NS because they are free to play team that’s currently the best in P4. People have been putting their time and effort into building this teams using zetas that only have use for this raid and your’re screwing them. There is no other way to look at it.
  • RoboJoe
    105 posts Member
    Well now NS squad is useless. Why even farm them now. This is stupid. People don't upgrade zombie so nerf her. Well sweet.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    If you want to address the root of the problem like you claim you want to do then check out the megathread, which is over 47 pages long now without a single response. Most of the responses that aren't complaining about getting no response are about the very high RNG dependence with Nihilis. Addressing that would appease a very large number of players, and probably get people more excited to play again. Funny how it takes like a day to address this problem, but no signs of addressing any of the complaints in the megathreads after months.
  • Given that the main reason for Asajj Leadership to be Zeta'd is the HSTR raid, will you be providing refunds for people that have spent it on her?

This is a clear nerf to a leadership ability and destroys the main reason people used it.
This discussion has been closed.