BH bonus shards [Event has not started yet]

Replies

• Options
    Okay, where are those slacker devs? Most people start work between 6-7, it's already past 8:30 and not a peep out of CG.

Not sure where you live/what you do, but 9am+ is pretty normal imho.
    The bigger issue is how could they schedule that comms to be sent like 10 hours before anyone comes to the office?
    (and the more awkward question of how could that misleading, trick comms ever pass a review?)

Especially for software developers. In lots of places, the expectation is more about how many hours or how much work you do per day, not really when you start it.
  • Options
    Their game update post on the hotfix on 9/19 and edited on 9/20 says event starts 9/22
  • Options
    byforr1oaiez.png
    Clearly states 21/9 to me?
  • Adeleas
    6 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Confirmed BH bonus drops are starting 9/22 to 9/26 at midnight player local time. Check out the dev message.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182655/bounty-hunter-bonus-drop-messaging-confusion#latest
  • Options
    Wow complaining about free stuff. Smh
  • Options
    4stvmi0tisyc.jpg

9/22 here.
  • Options
    "further inconsistencies" - how about the one where 5th e Dev post clearly said sept 21?

Also, its nice to see CG is sorry, but hows that going to make anything right?
  • Options
    Wow complaining about free stuff. Smh

The crystals i bought to max out my energy with refreshes were not free. Looks like you fail to see the point.
  • JerryHello
    207 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Qrwf
  • Options
    Can we get chewie shards?
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    ShaeVizla wrote: »
    Complete mistake on part of the company...they need to fix the issue and refund gems.

What I don't get are the jerks that are defending the mistake of the company, and attacking the consumers who made this mistake. These are simply people who have low self esteem...

We arent defending the company.... They made a mistake and players deserve some compensation.....

What the majority are saying is that t these guys who claim to have spent 600, 1200 crystals etc were pretty foolish not tonnage realized that the event was not active (no glowing nodes and no Gold circle and gold font on main screen )...... Heck, your first couple of refreshes are only 50 crystals, younwoukd think after the first two refreshes players would realize they weren't getting any shards and at least stop and look....

These threads have been active since the wee hours of the morning..... It's obvious people can come here and complain, why can't they come here and investigate?.....

I dont wake up and check the forums to see if a newsletter i got meant they were live. They post yesterday said today. And how many times have u simmed 8 and got zero shards so u do it again. (Called playing the numbers). So yes i come here to complain bc we all got that inbox and spend my energy i saved from last night and refreshed 3 times. So yes i was misled and i have the right to complain.

Maybe it was the wee hours of the morning for you, but for some other people it was midday and even nighttime at that time. This game is a Global game.
  • Options
    JerryHello wrote: »
    I could see newer players not understanding every previous bonus drop event had glowing targets (at least for the year or so since I started playing).

But I'm guessing most here aren't new. Why would you keep dropping crystals when nothing had dropped? It's mind boggling to me. Then again, probably the same that drop 1299 on a character at a time to get only get 5 or 7 shards. No wonder they keep the odds of drops so low. There's a market for it

It's irrelevant if you're new or not. They posted a start date and sent ingame notices at 12am pacific time (when new content usually goes live)...which is the main issue. You don't state that information officially and then not deliver. Players (the consumer) are going to take your word for it. It's called good business practice. If I am told at work that our LIMS system is being updated and will be available again starting on 9/21 and when I receive an email notification around that time that doesn't mention any delays...guess what? I'm going to log onto the system because there's no reason for me not to. It's the same **** principle. I dont look for a new update number on the system before I open it because why would I? Seriously you **** defending this kind of mismanagement and miscommunication is absolutely ridiculous. And if you think that most of us are little kids who don't understand how things work than you are sadly mistaken. A lot of the players here on the forums are working adults and business professionals. This is blatant mismanagement and communication on their part and the fact that they haven' teven acknowledged or responded yet 5o any of these posts yet SAYS A LOT ABOUT THEIR COMPANY.

Thank you
  • StuffedEwok
    56 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    It's irrelevant if you're new or not. They posted a start date and sent ingame notices at 12am pacific time (when new content usually goes live)...which is the main issue. You don't state that information officially and then not deliver. Players (the consumer) are going to take your word for it. It's called good business practice. If I am told at work that our LIMS system is being updated and will be available again starting on 9/21 and when I receive an email notification around that time that doesn't mention any delays...guess what? I'm going to log onto the system because there's no reason for me not to. It's the same **** principle. I dont look for a new update number on the system before I open it because why would I? Seriously you **** defending this kind of mismanagement and miscommunication is absolutely ridiculous. And if you think that most of us are little kids who don't understand how things work than you are sadly mistaken. A lot of the players here on the forums are working adults and business professionals. This is blatant mismanagement and communication on their part and the fact that they haven' teven acknowledged or responded yet 5o any of these posts yet SAYS A LOT ABOUT THEIR COMPANY.

Missed this, did you?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182655/bounty-hunter-bonus-drop-messaging-confusion#latest
  • SilverbackMM
    260 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Sometimes a notice printed up and passed out amongst a large group detailing a special event is called a “flyer.”

It’s sort of like what was sent to our in-game mailboxes on Friday morning, except that one should probably be called a “lyer” instead considering the developer who sent it out didn’t give an “f” as to whether the event actually went live, and is a lying liar who lies a lot.

Take the “f” that he didn’t give concerning whether this event would actually work when going live, mix it with the “ire” you and the player community are feeling over this issue and make sure he gets “fired” faster than a Jango Fett conflagration for all the potential joy he turned into anger and other dark side emotions.

I was compensated 100 shards for my inconvenience but now it costs more for refills so the 100 shards doesn’t do much until tomorrow. Did I mention the event still hasn’t gone live yet? Just start firing people, please. And hire me for content writing, etc.

• Options
    4stvmi0tisyc.jpg

9/22 here.

3m6xxekn6mrs.jpg

9/21 here and on the official announcement for the event, not the hotfix patch notes from a day earlier.
  • Options
    I only wish there were some good toons on the Embo hard nodes. I just finished bossk in anticipation of this event and would love to get an early jump on him. Not sure if farming a 7 star toon would be appropriate however.
  • Options
    It looks like a simple communication error but the event is starting tomorrow so nobody has lost anything. I don't see how people can blast through a load of refreshes when you can tell it's not active
  • Options
    Well there’s 200 crystals wasted :(
  • Options

Missed this, did you?

They literally just posted it
  • Options
    Event goes live at midnight at player local time. So your refresh cost will be reset, which is something.
  • Options
    Just wasted a full amount of energy because it clearly stated 9/21. Then I came here and saw this. Wow.
  • Options
    So they said thursday it starts Friday and actually say at the announcement 6/21. Now they say it’s 6/22 in their new announcement. I’m not affected because I’ve only farmed bossk nose with no crystals spent yet. (Plus they didn’t change the nodes like they usually do when there is an extra drop). I’m just glad they extended the thing until the 26 instead of the 24. Sorry people that used crystals already.
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I was compensated 100 shards for my inconvenience but now it costs more for refills so the 100 shards doesn’t do much until tomorrow. Did I mention the event still hasn’t gone live yet? Just start firing people, please. And hire me for content writing, etc.

How'd you get 100 shards?
  • Options

Missed this, did you?

They literally just posted it

They literally posted it 17 minutes before your post and 21 minutes before mine.
  • Options
    Stud3099 wrote: »

Probably meant 100 crystals. I know I wouldn’t be complaining about the game on the forums if I just got 100 free shards.
  • Options
    **** your apology. Compensate or I quit.
  • Options
    I spent a good part of the morning after some Aurora Sing shards without a single drop. This can't be a mere drop rate thing. Was someone asleep at the wheel? Irritated having done my dailies and not getting the posted benefit!
  • Options
    It's not active yet. You can look at the rewards on the nodes and see that.
  • Options
    Stud3099 wrote: »

Probably meant 100 crystals. I know I wouldn’t be complaining about the game on the forums if I just got 100 free shards.

Crystals