Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• Alright this is really making me mad. I've been working my butt off on the Bounty Hunter title, and right now I'm stuck on Dengar because I need to win 5 TW battles with him and I've been sitting on 2/5 for what seems like forever. I already got shafted since the December TWs were cancelled in favor of GA. Now you're going to tell me that I won't be able to use him at all this month either??

Can you guys please rework this quest or something because this is just wrong...

o2udd8j00cdh.png
  • They banned a bunch of characters and then claim repeatedly that this is something the community wanted. Why would they do that? Really what is the real reason.
  • 1800 comments of negative feedback CG, and your idea of reevaluating this awful idea was to run with it anyway.

Well I won't participate in your nonsense and neither will my guild.
  • This is literally the worst idea ever. Ships suck. TB sucks. But you change TW?!? Why?
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    JJBagger01 wrote: »
    This is absolutely insane! Those who paid money for those toons now should pursue refunds

For what purpose? This is little difference from being unable to use LS toons on DS nodes, the difference being this is not permanent in TW's case. It is one game mode out of many and this is, after all, a game. My observation is sure to be an unpopular one because it sounds to be in support of CG. I am less enthused about the changes than this post infers but this is a game, not real life. There's more cause to complain about the OG Falcon's requirements (was 3 ships but now is 4...I know they initially meant 4 but 3 gave us such hope for having a bone thrown our way.)

Are you in high school? The money we spend on this game is from real life
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    I swear the devs/cg crew saying that keeping TW fun is making the word "fun" a trigger word, my eye twitches now when I see them call this terrible idea "fun" when there is a thousand other better ways I could think of while asleep and dying then this idea.

And it was our fault this happened? What is that logic? lol, so many people did not want this as evidenced by over 50 pages almost instantly. No threads get that much traction but threads from game-modes introduction/changes that people hate.

Why did they not listen to the community and just stop this from happening. Normal TW even without bonuses is "Fun" Bonuses are "fun" other cool game-modes like having Territories effect other territories or making TW like TB and having player defended platoons or something cool would be "fun"

Losing out on your entire roster for some people so much that they have to sit out the entire TW because CG decided they are not allowed to play their game, is...... "fun"?
  • Ignoring community feedback AND influencer (Gamechangers) feedback is just bad business. Literally, you cannot be so close-minded. Should have just launched a normal TW, and moved to variation idea number 2. Thanked the passionate community for its comments, etc.
    Now, this anger is back again, and will rise once more when this ill-conceived TW plays out. Who there at CG is making that decision? let’s take overwhelming community criticism, and play that out again two more times?
  • I, for one, look forward to seeing new teams on D and trying new teams on O. The toons they've removed are not banned from TW forever, just for a short time. Chase the meta in arena, and I'll enjoy theorycraft for these unique TW scenarios.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Huh, how is this directly related to P2P? Assuming that TW matchmaking works decently you will meet worthy opponents which will also have to play it with hands tied to their back anyway. It's no different than 3 vs 3 GA, theory craft and enjoy.

Someone spends hundreds on a new toon. Loves an aspect of a game like TW(the main reason some of us are still playing the game, GA helps) and now can’t use said toons that they spent good money on.

• Jarvind wrote: »
    I have to assume they read all the vitriol in the megathread about this and just decided to push it anyway out of spite.

This. Although I suspect it is more from a place of being unwilling to admit a mistake than it is pure spite. However it increasingly appears they have nothing but contempt for the player base.
  • TheRealObiOne
    133 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    When Revan was released I seriously considered spending $$$ to get him. I feel so bad for those who did and I truly mean that- this is a huge slap in the face to the people who spend money on this game and keep it going. I give $$$ every year to support what I thought was a relatively well run game, no more unless they revert TW back to normal and apologize for this bad idea
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Huh, how is this directly related to P2P? Assuming that TW matchmaking works decently you will meet worthy opponents which will also have to play it with hands tied to their back anyway. It's no different than 3 vs 3 GA, theory craft and enjoy.

Someone spends hundreds on a new toon. Loves an aspect of a game like TW(the main reason some of us are still playing the game, GA helps) and now can’t use said toons that they spent good money on.

For one TW.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Hey @CG_Carrie, remember when you promised to communicate better here? How about some acknowledgement that the players hate this idea.
  • This is by far the worst thing CG could have done for TW. As I have seen others state, this character ban is the opposite of the positive feedback from the TW with character bonuses. I'm the GL of a 185m GP guild, and we're going to do as little as possible to participate in this TW. Each member will set the weakest eligible team they have on defense, and that will be the extent of our participation.
    I personally invested a considerable amount for Revan, and plenty of time and resources into teams for traya, and traya too. This ban is frustrating and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
  • Please keep TW as the competitive mode for guilds and GA as the competitive mode for individuals. If you want to make anything "fun & playful", please do that to the most boring mode in the game: TB.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    The Devs ignoring mass feedback from a hate thread is epic TRULY EPIC.

I actually applaud them for having bigger stones then when Richie Apprile hit beansie with a car and told paulie he wasn't buildin no handicap ramp for him

TRULY EPIC
  • @CG_SBCrumb
    Please, listen to the community. We did not want it and we said it before. People like Cubsfanhan said on the announcement day it is a bad idea. Nearly everyone in the forums said the same.
    You are going to lose a lot of players and a lot of other players said they are not going to spend any money anymore.
    It is great you share your ideas but please listen to the feedback.
    A lot of good games dies because simply the community went away. You are going to bring this great game to an early end.
    After every change and every patch you will lose same man. Someone is "not happy with the way the game went" everytime no matter what you do but this time you got a lot of people very upset.
    Please dont kill such a good game with this big ammount of potential. It is such a fun to play I still love and I want to play it a for a long time as well and I am willing to spend more money. But if you ignore the general tone of the people who play the game you will lose the general audience.
    Dont let this happen. It is your job and our fun. Lets work together that both never ends.
    Sincerly
    A player since the early days
  • I like it. I'm looking forward to a new challenge.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • @CG_SBCrumb i’m trying to be helpful here instead of just telling you how awful an idea this is -this is an awful idea- but maybe instead of banning characters,(since people liked the bonuses that Mace and Dooku got) you could poll the players and see which characters we would like to see a group of underused characters get bonuses against. Then you make it easier for people to beat the characters they’re annoyed with without invalidating our efforts. Choose four characters -or maybe factions- and then give temporary bonuses to a few useless characters like ugnaught and eeth koth so that they become very worthwhile in combat against the chosen characters/factions. That’s fun. At least when it’s temporary.

Or do something that would REALLY go over well with the community, and poll us to decide who gets the next rework.

Or poll us to see what we think should be done to punish whoever came up with this awful idea.
    That would be genius.
  • There have been many times I’ve been tempted to spend cash on this game to unlock a character but never have.

Thank you CG for confirming that I made a smart decision not to waste my money on this game.

Have fun finding new jobs in a year!
  • Yesterday i said....i dont care about TW

And now i say...CG you are ruining my life because of TW.

And tomorrow i will say i dont care about TW.

Repeat and repeat again 😁😁😁
  • IG_88
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    If you had been listening to any of our feedback, you would stop making unwanted changes to the only parts of this game we still enjoy. TW was enjoyable for a lot of the top and bottom tier guilds. Now it will only be fun for the top 1% of people who play this game, and have every toon 7* and gear 12. Even they will need to spend hours moving mods, and changing team load outs.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • I think I have a new catch phrase. My sole response to anything related to this TW from here on out is: Count me out.

That is the clean forum safe heavily censored version of it anyway
  • Hmm.... 60 pages of replies, not one comment agreeing with the developers.
    When did the community vote on this?
  • I'd like to thank you on behalf of my wife. You've turned me into F2P.

• Hmm.... 60 pages of replies, not one comment agreeing with the developers.
    When did the community vote on this?

1 said he liked i and another said lets see, maybe its bad, maybe its good.
    So 350 replies, 2 not bad ones.
  • Sychen
    13 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    This is dumb. Plain and simple. Just dumb. All is see for the update is more things to try and get folks to spend $ and a weak attempt to make the game fun again. Nothing exciting...
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    iennlmm97cnh.gif
    They lost any chance at making money from me in the future. I'm not going to participate in this farce.

Realistically if you're going to throw a tantrum like a child, it's better for all of us if you give up the game. There's a difference between voicing your opinion and acting like a toddler.

People quitting is good for NO one.

Him deciding NOT to spend on the game is a choice...a grown up one at that...unlike the toddler you Personal Attacked him with

Low post count, no threads of their own, only replies. Burner acct.

me or the guy attacking people /

EDIT NM i have thread los...

yeah prob just a dev unhappy at our feelings reaching out and attacking people with burning accounts good point
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    iennlmm97cnh.gif
    They lost any chance at making money from me in the future. I'm not going to participate in this farce.

Realistically if you're going to throw a tantrum like a child, it's better for all of us if you give up the game. There's a difference between voicing your opinion and acting like a toddler.

People quitting is good for NO one.

Him deciding NOT to spend on the game is a choice...a grown up one at that...unlike the toddler you Personal Attacked him with

Low post count, no threads of their own, only replies. Burner acct.

me or the guy attacking people /

EDIT NM i have thread los...

yeah prob just a dev unhappy at our feelings reaching out and attacking people with burning accounts good point

:lol:
This discussion has been closed.