Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Huh, how is this directly related to P2P? Assuming that TW matchmaking works decently you will meet worthy opponents which will also have to play it with hands tied to their back anyway. It's no different than 3 vs 3 GA, theory craft and enjoy.

Someone spends hundreds on a new toon. Loves an aspect of a game like TW(the main reason some of us are still playing the game, GA helps) and now can’t use said toons that they spent good money on.

It's not like the toon has been forever banned from a mode. Which one do you prefer, a stale game that has no variation or one that shakes it up a bit from time to time? My choice is obvious.

If you think that this one time toon ban is ruining your investment, don't invest anymore. I doubt other such investors follow suite.

In either case, in this particular event everyone will be playing with the same ban and it's not reserved to the "said toon".
  • kaos2lfe wrote: »
    This is FoxNext/MarvelStrikeForce level i d i o c y

I left that heap and I'm packing my bags ready on this one!
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Huh, how is this directly related to P2P? Assuming that TW matchmaking works decently you will meet worthy opponents which will also have to play it with hands tied to their back anyway. It's no different than 3 vs 3 GA, theory craft and enjoy.

Someone spends hundreds on a new toon. Loves an aspect of a game like TW(the main reason some of us are still playing the game, GA helps) and now can’t use said toons that they spent good money on.

It's not like the toon has been forever banned from a mode. Which one do you prefer, a stale game that has no variation or one that shakes it up a bit from time to time? My choice is obvious.

If you think that this one time toon ban is ruining your investment, don't invest anymore. I doubt other such investors follow suite.

In either case, in this particular event everyone will be playing with the same ban and it's not reserved to the "said toon".

Im glad it shakes it up.
  • DarthBigdogVWW
    41 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    [

The thing is General McAuliffe wasn’t the actual division commander. He was filling in for the 101st airborne division commander who was away in the US. No one thought the Germans would attack, but they did, so we fought the Battle of the Bulge with the army we had, not the one we wanted.

I like the concept of limiting teams in TW, just not this execution. Make it one or two key toons, not 28 and make it a surprise v. a vote so we have to improvise. Could even do something like “the geonosians are putting down a revolt and are sitting war out...”, etc. Standard TW is dull. I hope this mis step won’t stop CG from trying out other ideas. Bottom line is win or lose is a minor difference only noticeable over months of continuous loses (highly unlikely). Nothing worth getting worked up over.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    APX_919 wrote: »
    JJBagger01 wrote: »
    This is absolutely insane! Those who paid money for those toons now should pursue refunds

For what purpose? This is little difference from being unable to use LS toons on DS nodes, the difference being this is not permanent in TW's case. It is one game mode out of many and this is, after all, a game. My observation is sure to be an unpopular one because it sounds to be in support of CG. I am less enthused about the changes than this post infers but this is a game, not real life. There's more cause to complain about the OG Falcon's requirements (was 3 ships but now is 4...I know they initially meant 4 but 3 gave us such hope for having a bone thrown our way.)

Are you in high school? The money we spend on this is in real life

Sadly, no. Long out of high school so basic economics and legal precedents with tortable actions is a tad fuzzy. I was completely unaware that CG was requiring folks to pay money to play this game and buy their toons to be used in all modes. Revan being banned everywhere is a cause for concern not to mention GK, Raid Han and Traya...

...wait, hold on. F2p folks got Revan too? They didn't pay money for him? And Revan is available in TWs after this one? Same with Traya and friends? Ah. It makes sense now. I see where people are coming from now.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    Please keep comments within the TOS (That means no profanity, no refund/compensation requests, no closing wallet posts, no boycotts or encouraging people not to play the game, no EA/DEV/CG/MOD bashing, no sexual references). Posts that violate will be edited or removed by mods. If you need to review what the rules are, I have posted the links below:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127295/forum-guidelines#latest

http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service

Your developers refuse to actually engage abd EA support refused to let me complain about their decision / conduct. If this is the way they behave, please tell people what else you're expecting to see here, exactly?

No reply = no surprise = further action to obviously be taken outside of the accepted channels / rules. It's obvious to all but the....no, that insult was going to contravene forum rules!
  • They had to do this to make GA look less bad than it was.

“You thought GA was bad? Oh boy you’re in for a ride with the next TW...”

Yeah, GA is bad.
    Too less teams required, seriously.
  • I may be of the minority at this point but I like the concept of the changes. No I don't have Revan but I do have most of my top teams based around now "banned" characters. This is going to make me look at other options. Thank god I went down the collection path and leveled them all to 85 and gl7+ instead of just following what is the meta.

What I do find the funniest is the people who worked on collection instead of PvP power got told to "it was your own fault" when they were at a disadvantage in Grand Arena for working on the lower use characters. Now there is 1 single TW, yes the bans are for the next TW only, that favors collecter's and the game world has gone into full rage mode.

The "bans" will make people change teams but claiming that it will ruin your game because you cannot use your shiny new character once in a single game mode seams over the top and maybe a re-evaluation of choices seams to be in order. I wish all people the best for the TW and hope you will find some fun in it, and remember if you cannot use the character, then neither can the opposition
  • TVF wrote: »

For one TW.

Until they ban from the next and then the next after that and so on....
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I like it. I'm looking forward to a new challenge.

Nice try CG.
  • 60 pages of people telling you they don't want this.

You've proven you do not care about this community at all.

Don't be surprised by the sudden drop in player numbers.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

For one TW.

Until they ban from the next and then the next after that and so on....

Hyperbole wins you arguments every time.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    iennlmm97cnh.gif
    They lost any chance at making money from me in the future. I'm not going to participate in this farce.

Realistically if you're going to throw a tantrum like a child, it's better for all of us if you give up the game. There's a difference between voicing your opinion and acting like a toddler.

People quitting is good for NO one.

Him deciding NOT to spend on the game is a choice...a grown up one at that...unlike the toddler you Personal Attacked him with

Low post count, no threads of their own, only replies. Burner acct.

me or the guy attacking people /

EDIT NM i have thread los...

yeah prob just a dev unhappy at our feelings reaching out and attacking people with burning accounts good point

Guy attacking
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    To the Trolls, personal attacks violate the TOS. Ok, how long will it continue? *cues jeopardy music*
  • Think the other way, if you spent your $$ on chars like Jawas or tuskens, they probably wont get banned. and with other powerful chars banned, they may find their way into the game.
  • im sub 1m gp, does this mean i can compete with whales now that all their whale toons are banned?

No, because all your best toons are banned too.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Im sure this was supposed to push people to spend on the less used characters for TW but they didn’t even realize that releasing OT falcon at the same time is what they will spend on instead.
  • No characters are being "banned." A small number of characters are being temporarily rotated out of TW. Important difference.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Im sure this was supposed to push people to spend on the less used characters for TW but they didn’t even realize that releasing OT falcon at the same time is what they will spend on instead.

Actually, some say it hurt the whales. Nope, I think it happened because F2P and low spending players are getting stronger. Some F2P have Revan, which levels the playing field. Whales have deeper rosters and can get along without a few FOTM heroes. I think this was to please the whales. It's the only thought process that makes any sense. If some come out and flame me, I'm right.
  • This is the dumbest thing I’ve seen from the developers... The way this has been handled has nearly pushed me away from a game I’ve played more than anything before. Disappointed...
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    HowieWan wrote: »
    No characters are being "banned." A small number of characters are being temporarily rotated out of TW. Important difference.
    Like every other major drama, the public is largely misinformed about what they are mad about
  • Wow, I can't believe they went through with this. It is nice to know how much they really value our feedback on here.
  • If you're going to continue with this one, up to you. But don't ever do this again. Seriously. It isn't fun. If you're going to start paying us to play your game with limited resources, then fine. But this isn't a good idea.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    I've accepted this TW and I'm pretty interested in seeing how it turns out. I've been planning with my guild, and it feels like its going to be fun.
  • jstehly wrote: »
    Wow, I can't believe they went through with this. It is nice to know how much they really value our feedback on here.

Welcome to earth, been here long? Gaming studios think gamers are uninformed lemmings that will accept anything.
This discussion has been closed.