[MEGA] General Grievous’ Leadership and Damage Clarifications

Replies

• CG, how can you ignore so many players that want to enjoy your game? Make it work already, put some effort in it... This Revan bull**** has to stop.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Regardless, you guys did GG wrong. I guess you want Jedi Knight Revenue to have 90% of the meta....it’s killing arena.

I sank some money and zetas into his team. I feel mislead. Give the GC back their good test accounts so they can properly test these things out for us.

Just because a character gets a rework doesn't mean it has to instantly be the META. Two of the characters for this team are only available at 3* unless you pay to get more. Personally I don't feel like a team with 2/5ths of its team at 3/4* should beat a team of 7* characters. The people who paid to get these characters to 7* are reporting consistent wins against Jedi Knight Revan teams while still having to be stratigic. The kit is good and very appropriate for the droid faction, lots of hits but fragile. They have good potential for damage but can lack on an AI defense. Once more people can 7* the team it will be a good counter to Revan.
  • The main problem is that the separatists were positioned as a Revan counter in the promotional material and they’re not.

Therefore, while the promotional footage may not be factually incorrect, it is misleading.

People have spent money and in-game resource on these characters based upon messaging that I believe is misleading.They haven’t received what they thought they were buying.

Therefore, I would like to see CG offer an apology and a full refund, both gear and transactions to those who want it. It’s certainly damaged my trust in CG and I’m not affected.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    doublepost (deleted)
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    This thread delivers....

FORUM : "Power creep out of control, these crazy toons are destroying the game everything is OP"

FORUM : " i used stun guns on GG and he is not strong enough make him super OP to beat revan"

hypoc.....pottamuses...

Yes Grevious is weak but that’s not why people are angry.

It’s because he was positioned to be a Revan counter in the promotional footage and he’s not. Not even close.

I get why people are annoyed. It’s nothing to do with power creep and everything to do with people feeling misled.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    This thread delivers....

FORUM : "Power creep out of control, these crazy toons are destroying the game everything is OP"

FORUM : " i used stun guns on GG and he is not strong enough make him super OP to beat revan"

hypo.....pottamuses...
    The main problem is that the separatists were positioned as a Revan counter in the promotional material and they’re not.

Therefore, while the promotional footage may not be factually incorrect, it is misleading.

People have spent money and in-game resource on these characters based upon messaging that I believe is misleading.They haven’t received what they thought they were buying.

Therefore, I would like to see CG offer an apology and a full refund, both gear and transactions to those who want it. It’s certainly damaged my trust in CG and I’m not affected.

EVERY SINGLE video they have put out over the last year has shown the characters OVER performing

every one..... not everyone watches videos...but the ones that post here that have watched every video for the last 2 years should have known THEY WERE BEING DUPED..

is what they are doing to sell stuff that stinks right, is it ethical, NO it's not.....but cmon people.... with DR or malak coming........ these guys are like the solo toons but at least HK rework might actually make em good

it's very hard for anyone to say "but the videos showed them as awesome" when over the last year all the "look spend awesome" videos underperformed minus legendaries and journey revan and bugged3po
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    THIS is why I hated when they released Revan.. Not that I couldn’t get him, but because hes so OP and cheesy to make a good viable counter... And now its just mirror Revan matches, way to break your own game...

Same thing with Counter CLS and traya trio...

AOE attacks are game over in this game...

But nothing can fix this...it's too far gone..... the kits that have to be made to beat the newest and shinest are just going to replace revan......

It's too far gone...power creep has gone too far.....

They literally HAVE to slow down on new meta teams because there is only so far they can go left before everything is 5 OHKO's
  • THIS is why I hated when they released Revan.. Not that I couldn’t get him, but because hes so OP and cheesy to make a good viable counter... And now its just mirror Revan matches, way to break your own game...

Same thing with Counter CLS and traya trio...

AOE attacks are game over in this game...

• Dk_rek wrote: »
    This thread delivers....

hypo.....pottamuses...
    The main problem is that the separatists were positioned as a Revan counter in the promotional material and they’re not.

EVERY SINGLE video they have put out over the last year has shown the characters OVER performing

every one..... not everyone watches videos...but the ones that post here that have watched every video for the last 2 years should have known THEY WERE BEING DUPED..

is what they are doing to sell stuff that stinks right, is it ethical, NO it's not.....but cmon people.... with DR or malak coming........ these guys are like the solo toons but at least HK rework might actually make em good

So your defence of CG is that they’re misleading us, but because they do it all the time it’s ok?
  • I think GG earned a better rework, hes very bad alone or with other droids, he just kill them, you cant try him other combos, he doesnt bring anything to the table, so you need a huge investment in a team to be just OK
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Gunner21 wrote: »
    It's 2019, shouldn't we be aware by now that every single gaming product on the market is incredibly over-hyped before launch? You can't blame CG for following market trends, how else are they meant to compete?

I submit crackdown 3

The hype dried up when it was delayed a year. Then it was critically slammed for being a flashy repeat of crackdown 1 and for being boring after a few hours.

Which is funny because when i played crackdown 2... all i kept saying was, i wish this were crackdown 1 with new flashy guns....

So it was super low hype by its launch last week... and im loving it.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    This thread delivers....

hypo.....pottamuses...

So your defence of CG is that they’re misleading us, but because they do it all the time it’s ok?

I said it wasn't right I said it was not ethical if you read the post..

I also said people who have been posting for a while, watching videos for a while...should have at least waited a few days because they should have known better... how many times do they have to dupe ya'all before you figure out yer being duped...

Defend CG but nahhhhhhh...

And the next time this happens will be the same conversation because spenders spend irregardless of the deceit...

But the people posting how "suprised and shocked" is hootenanny..... They have been doing this for a year
  • Gen Grev should have the ability to achieve 4 damage attacks since he wields 4 sabers. Like Rey gets with her attack. In my opinion he is way under powered.
  • Ok what level do you have to be to even participate in the Droideka event?! My fiance's is at lvl 49 and she can't see the event at all! The bundles are available, but where is the stupid event?!
  • Ok what level do you have to be to even participate in the Droideka event?! My fiance's is at lvl 49 and she can't see the event at all! The bundles are available, but where is the stupid event?!

It’s no biggie the rework is terrible anyway.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I get the hate here....

But greavous was in the movie and mace windu went on record as calling him a coward who runs away and cant stand and fight

Hes then killed by a saberless obiwan

I dont really think lore wise he was ever going to beat Revan. So while id like to see a rock paper scissor return to arena.... i wasnt expecting GG to be the meta.

I will admit that video made me wonder if id be logging back in to a need to climb the droid ranks in arena
  • Sarbitar wrote: »
    I wonder...is there a policy of how many pages we should fill with whineposts, that would at least get any CG response?
    They already answered and the answer is: it’s WAI.
  • Fmajluz1
    5 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Why is there a grand arena? We already have pvp arenas! When matching you should be focusing on arena power +/- 20 from you current position. I'm a 300 arena power facing under 100 ranks or 12 ranks against players with Revan and Traya losing all the time. Just not fun and I just ignore it now. Why don't you create a guild death star run raid instead. Lets say Take out star destroyers, tie fighters then towers trench run and bomb.like the movie and similar to hoth raids. .
  • “Skittering Horror” about sums it up for me...uncomfortably lame. And those Zetas! Just wow. They make 20 zeta mats on Bodhi Rook look like a sensible investment.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Sarbitar wrote: »
    I wonder...is there a policy of how many pages we should fill with whineposts, that would at least get any CG response?

Like after 20 pages someone will say "all right all right we thought the design was good but haven't tested it properly". Or "the design was good we tested it properly and it's WAI and it won't get any better".

I mean right now I'm nearly ok with that it can't beat Revan.

What I don't really understand is how half of his leadership means completely nothing. You can just remove the part with crit avoidance and defense reduction and nothing changes in his usefullness.

Or the part that he's killing his team - even if we remove that, he still won't compete with revan properly.

So why add this skills and lower his usefuleness? That's what I whine about and don't understand. I don't care that I spent zetas and gear!! I care that he should be fun to play and he isn't!

Why do the rework and make him the same crap as before?? This is just a bad joke.

I do believe he should be able to reliably (at least 50/60% of the time) beat revan on offense, even without full 7 star characters. But the reason I quoted this post is because of this particular sentence that really resonates with me: "I care that he should be fun to play and he isn't! " This is the biggest sore point for me. Not only is it not a meta competitive team, It struggles even more against CLS and Traya and others. That is not fun, not being able to win is not fun. Again, this was a massive false advertisement play and needs to be addressed now. Don't just tease us with your next biggest thing (Malak or Revan or whatever) before you fix this horribly designed team.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • RAYRAY wrote: »

Like after 20 pages someone will say "all right all right we thought the design was good but haven't tested it properly". Or "the design was good we tested it properly and it's WAI and it won't get any better".

What I don't really understand is how half of his leadership means completely nothing. You can just remove the part with crit avoidance and defense reduction and nothing changes in his usefullness.

Or the part that he's killing his team - even if we remove that, he still won't compete with revan properly.

So why add this skills and lower his usefuleness? That's what I whine about and don't understand. I don't care that I spent zetas and gear!! I care that he should be fun to play and he isn't!

Why do the rework and make him the same crap as before?? This is just a bad joke.

I do believe he should be able to reliably (at least 50/60% of the time) beat revan on offense, even without full 7 star characters. But the reason I quoted this post is because of this particular sentence that really resonates with me: "I care that he should be fun to play and he isn't! " This is the biggest sore point for me. Not only is it not a meta competitive team, It struggles even more against CLS and Traya and others. That is not fun, not being able to win is not fun. Again, this was a massive false advertisement play and needs to be addressed now. Don't just tease us with your next biggest thing (Malak or Revan or whatever) before you fix this horribly designed team.
    50% is a coin flip, the exact opposite of reliable.
  • Erdmanski
    4 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I’m done with all these lame excuses for CG. Time to hit them where it hurts and probably the only thing they care about. infhnjahgk7n.jpeg

It saddens me but I’ve just done exactly the same.

Same here... I opened a ticket simply requesting my zeta materials back from these droids since they were misrepresented. I would've been content with just that, knowing that CG could easily refund those as an act of good faith with zero financial impact.

Unfortunately, I have not heard a single word from customer support or CG regarding my ticket or to the community about refunding materials... so I'm forced to go a step further and request the refund of my crystals spent on these packs.

"Crystals were used to purchase a character which was falsely advertised by the developer. The developer knowingly misrepresented the content and has acknowledged publicly that they did not provide clear and adequate information to the consumer"
  • I know it won’t happen but I’d really love the GG zeta back for his leadership now that it’s been explained in this way.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    To be fair, they wouldn't need to make a whole forum post clarifying how GG's damage works and everything if they had just said "20% of his max health" from the beginning or even put it in the description of his kit. I know they said "based" and that confused me for a while, but after seeing the test footage I assumed that they must have really meant max health = damage dealt. Some up-front clarification about what "based on" means or, again, a stipulation in his kit to clarify, would have gone a long way to avoid people feeling misled when his damage output was more lackluster in practice.

b4ia2v3c6wix.png

The term" based on" means they use that as a base for the calculation.

take the example of rent. the price is based on 2 people sharing the room. meaning you take the base price and divide it by 2, getting what you should pay.

if this was as other have expressed, the price being based on 2 people sharing the same space would be to pay double rent for 2 people sharing the same space.
    his damage is based on his max health, you take his max health and multiply by 20% to get the damage. this % could have been anything and is likely picked to keep a balance to his damage as his health stacks, but also giving decent damage if you max him out for health in every way.

Wow, way to be condescending. I'm pretty sure I speak English okay considering it's my first and only language, but thanks for wasting your time providing the dictionary screenshot and the pedantic explanation of a simple term.

Like I said, when they said "based on" pre-release I remember wanting some more clarification since that wording is too vague, but I assumed it would come with the kit reveal. When the kit didn't clarify and test footage showed 60k hits on a character who can be reasonably assumed to have 60k health after mods at g12+, I and many others went "huh. Guess it must be health==damage after all?"

All I was saying was the wording is vague and clarification would've gone a long way towards preventing some of the fallout.

Just fyi, (max health * 100%) is still a calculation that is "based on" max health per your own definition. It's not unreasonable to assume that that could have been the intent behind the wording in GG's kit. It IS unreasonable to assume that people who were expecting that are just brainless or don't understand English.

If it was 100%, one would expect the wording to read "equal to his max health".

At no point did I express that anyone didnt understand English, I was just trying to be thorough since there seemed to be a misunderstanding of what may not be a commonly used phrase. Also there are players from around the world, and I dotn expect everyone to be a native English speaker, some times phrases like that get lost in translation.

Kyno, you continuing to belabor this point is the most useless discussion going on in this thread right now.

The thing everyone is upset about is that the videos, descriptions and expectations set by the development team were extraordinarily misleading to say the least. They show a team doing something that will not be replicated in the game. Surely you understand this.

They purposefully misled the community regarding the team’s capabilities and used Ahnalds enthusiasm for the reworks against him in order to sell us on something that was *almost* a complete fabrication.

But, by all means, continue arguing your point about “based on max health”... when any reasonable person reading that kit description would conclude that total max health is the number used to calculate damage.

The only other way to interpret what happened here is that the development team had no idea that GG would perform this poorly in the wild and fail to meet the expectations they set for him. If this is true, then to @CG_Carrie I would say that the audacious 5 year plan is definitely in jeopardy.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Droideka wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »

50% is a coin flip, the exact opposite of reliable.

Better than... lets see, what is 1 divided by 26... 3.8%
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • TheChampionBum
    340 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    If I remember correctly, in the video shown to us the entire team was completely zeta'd and g12, presumably g12+. I doubt there are many players that have the entire Separatist droid team geared and starred up like that, including the zetas. For those that do, I wouldn't be surprised if their Revan battle outcomes are wins just like in the video.

Are there any whales out there who have 7* g12+ Separatist droids that are doing well against Revan teams? I genuinely want to know.

For the rest of us that are using 3* g11 B1 and Droideka, well what did you expect? They are 3* and G11! Lol.

Personally I've ditched the Grievous lead and started using an HK lead team with Grievous, zB2, zT3, and zzBB8. I'm missing a couple of zetas and only the Seps and BB8 are g12, but I've been beating Revan teams.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • If I remember correctly, in the video shown to us the entire team was completely zeta'd and g12, presumably g12+. I doubt there are many players that have the entire Separatist droid team geared and starred up like that, including the zetas. For those that do, I wouldn't be surprised if their Revan battle outcomes are wins just like in the video.

Are there any whales out there who have 7* g12+ Separatist droids that are doing well against Revan teams? I genuinely want to know.

For the rest of us that are using 3* g11 B1 and Droideka, well what did you expect? They are 3* and G11! Lol.

Personally I've ditched the Grievous lead and started using an HK lead team with Grievous, zB2, zT3, and zzBB8. I'm missing a couple of zetas and only the Seps and BB8 are g12, but I've been beating Revan teams.

I guess you don't watch YT... multiple videos showing both on test and personal accounts that GG cannot reliably beat Revan on offense... also videos showing GG does not win at all on defense and can even be beaten 3v5 by multiple different trios