Looking for players on my alt server: Zolto, SNAKEMAN, Bear1977, DAH, Sephiroth, LAND

Replies

• Options
    @Giodude2000 thanks for feed back! Yea took a chance on dumping resources on him.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Zyrak
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    This is Zyrak, GM of Honorbound... I made a thread called Honorbound for those of you that joined (I believe it's still pretty thin contentwise but fill it up!). Feel free to contact the others in there.
    And I'll tell Ray you're leaving, best of luck!

Zyrak
  • Options
    @SNAKEMAN vsed your team, its decent. dont think qgj lead adds much. its missing some synergy i think. i took out qgj, triggered RG and killed him, then started working on fives and GS. my STH got some turn meter from fives when he wasnt sunned (nice update for me :) ) and GS just doesnt seem to do much anymore.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    Finally 6* fives, and put him in my lineup. How has he been on defense? I think I'm the only one playing him.

Hi SNAKEMAN,

Chef here!

I've played against your team a few times, i think 3-4 times since you've added fives, I was able to defeat the team without any difficulty every time. The problem is that fives has no DPS and he is very slow, My Han Turn Meter goes off along with Phasma's speed down, and RG stuns and fives never really ever gets a chance to get going. Not sure how he will be at 7* though. But in his current state he's not a threat. I was also starting to farm fives but you are a lot farther along than I am.

Since Im using Phasma and QGJ on the same team, I have a persistent buff going almost all the time, either Crit or offense up, or sometimes both with Defense up. This really helps me take down the RGs and other tanks I face in arena, I combo it with Han turn meter manipulation and QGJ omega basic minus 30% TM, and when I get the assists from Phasma the matches end very quickly regardless of what character is used on the team. Not sure how defense AI works on my team. Im hoping it gets even better RNG then when on offense, but most likely not considering how often my defense loses. :(

I hear and read a lot about fives being OP, from my experience he seems underpowered and easy to work around(just save him for last). I'm thinking he might be more difficult for players mid game. He also may work much better on offense however. I don't have him leveled far up enough yet so I am unsure.

I also noticed that Daka no longer has crazy revives anymore, at least not in any of my recent matches, which makes me wonder if she was stealth nerfed after the update and stats adjusted. In the past it was common for Daka to revive 3 characters at a time, multiple times in a single match like lterally 6-7 revives in a match. Now it seems that she revives maybe 1 or two characters a match a much more balanced ability.

I leave Daka, Fives and RG last. I take down the glass canons first by wearing down protection and then calling an assist and OHKO before RG's taunt goes off. If I accidentally trigger his taunt then I will take down RG. I always anticipate a Daka revive and prepare to KO the moment the character revives.

you may want to change your team leader, I see that QGJ is the only Jedi on your squad, so his speed up ability won't contribute much, and since everyone has protection, his first turn speed really doesn't matter any more, it may matter more if you add Yoda, but then the overall team DPS will suffer if dont add an extra glass canon.

Hope the feedback helps.

but in all sincerity I don't think there is any team that can defend in arena, I lose on defense all the time. But when I actually hold my spot on the LB over night, I think it's just because players don't want to deal with double taunt Han and RG, so they skip me for easier teams.

Im thinking about making a tanky team with fives and Savage later on when I have them leveled. Savage seems to be fixed now, so it might be fun to throw in a tank team for a change.

I've heard Rey gets some serious DPS at higher gears, so I'm probably going to focus on leveling up my Rey for now and replacing GS.

Post edited by Chef5 on
  • Options
    Hey @Chef5 , great to hear from you! Double taunt is annoying for sure but can be worked around. I like to go for RG instead of Han to avoid TM shenanigans.

I have been tossing up whether to get 5555s from Cantina, but agree with you that he is easily worked around. He seems to shine in a clone team, but have not seen any Rex's on our shard....yet.

Lots of Honourbound on our shard now I can see, will there be some healthy guild on guild competition for top spot now??
  • Options
    I finally had a shot with @SNAKEMAN 's team and as you would, don't even think for a sec i bested his team i did not.. my team ate the floor thanks to the constant stun RG gave my Luminara she didn't even got a chance to heal or attack, at least i tasted defeat from one of the Top 10. It's an honor :wink:

I'm surprise that i'm not going down that much even with a Sid lead, i'm holding my posistion at the Top 50 maybe Poggle is my lucky charm :smiley:

Looking forward to beating you guys (in my dreams perhaps :cold_sweat: )
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hey @Chef5 , great to hear from you! Double taunt is annoying for sure but can be worked around. I like to go for RG instead of Han to avoid TM shenanigans.

I have been tossing up whether to get 5555s from Cantina, but agree with you that he is easily worked around. He seems to shine in a clone team, but have not seen any Rex's on our shard....yet.

Lots of Honourbound on our shard now I can see, will there be some healthy guild on guild competition for top spot now??

Not much chat goes on about arena, I still play arena normally. Some of my own guild members have knocked me down the LB, so arena seems normal. :). I still play pretty much the same, I try leaving the #1 spot for whoever has pay out at the time regardless of guild. Really no sense in fighting for the number 1 spot outside of the pay out time.

I can take down all team comps in top 20 on the first try regardless whether they are omega level 77 gear 9 teams, doesn't matter and always have 4-5 characters left standing. Im sure that others are the same, players can take down my team just as easily, I would think. So its not really beneficial to anyone to fight for number 1 outside of pay out.
    Post edited by Chef5 on
  • Options
    Ah that's cool @Chef5 . Yeah your squad comp looks like it can take all comers. Mine generally does well although bad rng can really wreck me.

I dropped like a stone after payout last night, lots of new comers into top 20. I guess some days you are a target and other days you get lucky.

Have any of your guilds gone on a raid yet? Hella fun, although Tier 6 is really tough.
  • Options
    Oh and great work @RidleyGiggity of working your way into top 20. @SNAKEMAN has a tough team for sure. I am sure we will all start to cramp up at the top end once we all hit the level 80 cap.
  • Options
    @Chef5 thanks for the feedback! That update with taunts taking counters really hindered my plans lol! It happens, but I'll adapt and change it up. Once I get phasma to gear 9 I'm gonna try her in the lineup. I'll have Yoda 7 star when it comes around again and than ill try him again.

@RidleyGiggity thanks man! Not sure of your roster but Rg or SThan should help you alot since the update made em more useful. Good luck on your quest to top 10 (sure you will get there) and may the force be with you!
  • o0iuytfu
    39 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    welcome chef, i agree that daka does seem to have been toned down a bit :(

i did a t5 raid with my guild, a lot more fun than iw as expecting, and the graphics were way cooler too. i found my roster wasnt deep enough, i could only field 2 strong teams despite having 15 eligible characters, party due to credits/gear limitations. seeing how hard it is to get the new gear that was precrafted has changed my ideas about where my squad is heading.

name changes ive spotted:
    bail writte -> Thimo dole
    kreuinph pennington -> Death threat
    mol -> ~-Genie-~
    Post edited by o0iuytfu on
  • Options
    o0iuytfu wrote: »

Ah I was wondering who that Death Threat was. Named after his guild. Was great to see a unique squad comp though: Boba Lead, Leia and Darth Maul (beast!).
    i did a t5 raid with my guild, a lot more fun than iw as expecting, and the graphics were way cooler too. i found my roster wasnt deep enough, i could only field 2 strong teams despite having 15 eligible characters, party due to credits/gear limitations. seeing how hard it is to get the new gear that was precrafted has changed my ideas about where my squad is heading.

I am finding the same with my alt roster monkfishy, could only field two decent teams as well. Credit crunch is terrible, need a few more GW completions to get the third team viable.
  • Options
    any1 know what timezone DAH has his arena rewards in?
  • Options
    welcome chef, i agree that daka does seem to have been toned down a bit :(

Yea got my rename in finally. Don't agree on Daka though. Had her instarevv QGJ six! times in a row against me costing me the arena match lol. He kept just blinking out of existence and back in like a stroboscope ROFL. Daka. Not. Toned. Down.
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    Options
    I've noticed since I've added count dooku, I haven't moved much on ladder overnight staying within top 10. Seems to give people trouble or maybe people just skip me? I know I hate old Ben and dooku leads!
  • Options
    LAND! **** it! haha i'm a mere second to my payout and you sniped me from prize #7, you and that dude with a korean name is my biggest competition at payout! ended at 24 geez :neutral:
  • Options
    I'm working on STHan he's at 5*, RG's shard drop rate is terrible 1/6 per day i'm lucky enough to get 2 and the event isn't really helping that much too :neutral:
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing in the raids?
  • Options
    @SNAKEMAN The raids have been pretty fun, although everyone has issues with the way the rewards are distributed especially since some parts of the raid are easier to get more damage than other parts. Done a few tier 5 and 6 on both accounts, hopefully will be ready for heroic in the next few weeks.

How about you? I noticed you have some serious gear on your toons now which make them much harder to beat.
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    Options
    @SNAKEMAN The raids have been pretty fun, although everyone has issues with the way the rewards are distributed especially since some parts of the raid are easier to get more damage than other parts. Done a few tier 5 and 6 on both accounts, hopefully will be ready for heroic in the next few weeks.

How about you? I noticed you have some serious gear on your toons now which make them much harder to beat.

I've enjoyed it! I agree the rewards are still a little meh and some parts are a little unfair for extra dps. Also the time zone resets can hurt people too because other players can refresh sooner. My guild is doin heroic this week for the first time. Feel pretty good about it!

Yea I'm late on the Rey bandwagon but she'll be there soon in a few weeks. Got some other characters too, on the back burner. **** credits holding me back. :(
  • o0iuytfu
    39 posts Member
    Options
    so i found @Rayna_Clavain on the forums, hopefully he drops by and has a chat, will be very interested to hear how he stayed at the top for so long.

also @Keelo_Ren i like your new team :tongue: ill take it as a compliment
  • Options
    Nice one @o0iuytfu monkfishy, hi @Rayna_Clavain , feel free to drop by and meet some of your arena mates. It's always challenging battling your squads.
  • Options
    how did i miss this! great to be able to chat with some of you in the shard!
  • Options
    as for me staying in the top - i play everyday and made a conscious decision on what team i wanted early on, invested in the droid pack from the start and stuck too it until recently.

there will be some changes in my team soon though! working on gearing up 5s, Leia and Old Ben
  • Options
    as for Phasma and Daka
  • Options
    as for raiding we are running t6 everyday now - have taken us 3 resets but i think we will get this one done in 2 resets. recruited a few high level players in the last couple of days
  • o0iuytfu
    39 posts Member
    Options
    yeah i saw from the start you bought the packs, only geared and trained who you were going to use and went straight for the poe droid meta. im guessing its not your first account?

seemed a bit like you were lost when poe/droids ended, you tried chasing the new meta but never really caught it.

i still remember struggling so much with your droids haha, needed 3 attempts to get a win normally.

curious to hear how @Giodude2000 went on his T7 raid. my guild has moved up to clearing T6 after 1 reset, aiming for heroic in a week or so but still need some stronger players to replace the bottom.
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Nice to see ya @Rayna_Clavain . (I hated facing your droid teams when we all were growing in the server early on you costed me rage money lol!!!)

I wonder if rockstar is on here because I auto'd just now and sniped back 1st with only a minute and twenty to do it in lol!

My guild started heroic last week and it's pretty easy! Beat it 3 times. If you guys havnt tried it, you should because the health of the boss's are ALOT less.
    Post edited by SNAKEMAN on
  • Options
    Still hoping for the droid comeback!

Working on Jawa Engineer, just to try it out. Might be better to spend the coins on gear upgrades but I'm committed. JE at 30/65...
  • Options
    Switched out my lead to Old Ben today - let's see what that does. The first fight felt really good - haven't tried any of my harder match ups (@SNAKEMAN @Chef).

Hopefully getting Ben to 7* later today - 85/100