Looking for players on my alt server: Zolto, SNAKEMAN, Bear1977, DAH, Sephiroth, LAND

Replies

• Options
    Yoda now at 7*. B)
  • Options
    lackhand wrote: »
    Yoda now at 7*. B)

Nice work @lackhand ! My Dooku just became useless!!

That's a bummer about getting sniped just before prize time. 7* Yoda will help for sure though.
  • Options
    You guys have any thoughts on guilds? I haven't thought much about it, but I'm wondering if it makes any difference whether guild members are on the same server/shard it not?

If anybody challenges me, let me know what you think of Koth vs Mace on my all Jedi team. They each have advantages and drawbacks (neither hit real hard). Which one makes the team stronger?
  • Options
    Hi guys, I'm Bail with RG and try to finish TOP 5 on our shard.
    Wouldn't mind a Guild with a lot of members from our shard, competitive/active but no pressure to spend...
    Let me know how/where to join
  • Eydolon
    13 posts Member
    Options
    I agree. Could be nice to have a server guild.
  • Options
    Hi Eydolon,
    cool. We can just track everyone interested here and get it together oncen it starts.

Btw, how do you feel our Arena shard is developing, is it becoming harder or easier hold rank and push for payouts?
  • Options
    Bail, great to finally hear from you. I remember seeing you in the top 10 early on but then didn't see you for a bit. Great work getting back to the top 5/10. You have a great squad comp.

I am part of the ANZGC guild for Aussies, Kiwis and Islanders. Any of you guys from Australia?

@lackhand I will have a go at your team tomorrow and let you know how it goes. I run EK on my main account Jedi speed team for the early stun but AI doesn't usually play him well in defense. He is awesome on my droid hunting squad too!
  • Options
    I think its getting harder since the patch (and the Dooku fix)
    And every one is playing far better, with incredible teams, so its not as easy as it was a month ago.

There are also very strong new players... (huxing000, Rockstar and Juan)

I was 17 times in a row rank 1 in march, but i dont think i'll be able to do it again in april xD
  • Options
    By the way not from Australia. From Europe (France).
  • Options
    Hard for me to judge if it's getting harder or not. I know I'm doing better, but I'm also just able to play at the right time this month. Some days seems harder than others, not sure why.

I'm in the US (central time). Btw, I just suffered the most epic defeat. Failed to take out Kruineph Pennington's fully starred up Darth maul. He killed 4 of my all Jedi squad in one blow. :o Could have finished him first if not for the RG taunt. Got him easily in the second try with better tactics, but it was awesome to behold the power of Darth maul. Glad he's not faster or tougher, he would be super overpowered if he was.
  • ShouldaChosenAName
    92 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Great to hear from all you guys!
    I'm in Europe (Austria) myself. Same time for Arena payouts as Eydolon and Snakeman for me.

Gio thx! I think there's lots of potential to improve - that's what's fascinating about this game. Also I haven't been in the leaderboard at the beginning but found after like a month that I enjoy the competition for top ranks B)
    Also I think I was first or second to do Dooku lead after the fix.
    Feeling that it's getting much more competitive now with many more players pushing into the top 20.
    My day to day drops in rank differ wildly though - some days only 5, other like 20 ranks...

@lackhand: I feel you. My Daka nightmare
  • Options
    Hi Guys, I find it fascinating to be able to talk to my opponents from around the world. I have been fairly fortunate in the top ranks as there are not many others vying for top position around my payout time. I think only Monkfishy's award time is the only close one, about an hour after mine.

Competition is definitely heating up, anyone know if huxing000, @Kruineph Pennington, Juan and @rockstar1723 (apologies for tagging you if you are not on our shard) are on the forums or Reddit?

@lackhand hehe, yeah DM is a monster if left alone or protected. A fully levelled/geared/starred DM wiped out my Jedi team on my main because I was going for other priority targets (Rey, Daka, FOTP...was an awesome squad). Can't wait til he becomes farmable.
  • Options
    I can't climb to Top 20 because of Ashley Kamalas, Top 50 has been competitive lately and a lot of Dookus' and QGJ, the only people i see with different leader is lackhand and Rayna.

I'm hoping the next update will be good to other toons so we'll see a variety in our shard, i just want to use my TEEBO!!
  • Options
    I can't climb to Top 20 because of Ashley Kamalas, Top 50 has been competitive lately and a lot of Dookus' and QGJ, the only people i see with different leader is lackhand and Rayna.

Hehe, there are a fair few Dookus and QGJs in the top 10 too. Monkfishy is sticking to his Phasma though, I have lots of respect for his non cookie cutter team.
    I'm hoping the next update will be good to other toons so we'll see a variety in our shard, i just want to use my TEEBO!!

Hehe, one of the guys in my guild is having a lot of success running ewoks with Chief Chirpa lead. He takes first almost every day at payout time (barring poor RNG). I think from memory he uses either Dooku or RG for the 5th spot.
  • Options
    GW is getting quite challenging again. My last two nodes yesterday were all maxed out almost identical teams of 73 lvl Dooku (l), RG, Rey, GS and Lumi. And that was with me having 28k in Arena... Don't have teams this strong on our shard yet...
  • Options
    My GW are getting harder and harder as well, almost going down to the wire. Those Dooku teams are horrendous! Wait til you start battling the Level 74+ Gear IX teams. Hopefully it will become more manageable once we all get to Level 80 and are able to bring up our B and C teams.
  • Options
    I'm frustrated because I'm trying to build up a new team for arena and get away from my straight Jedi team. But now that levels are rising I'm going to have to pour all my resources into leveling up the Jedi team for GW and arena. So I either drop clear out of contention or put off my plans for a couple more weeks. :/
  • Options
    I feel your pain @lackhand . The resource crunch (especially credits but also farming for gear) is very real and very frustration especially if you don't have the cash to pour into a mobile game.
  • Options
    lackhand wrote: »
    If anybody challenges me, let me know what you think of Koth vs Mace on my all Jedi team. They each have advantages and drawbacks (neither hit real hard). Which one makes the team stronger?

fought it and won easily (no offense) only threats are QGJ and yoda. JC was a complete waste of space, left him to last and still all he did was one force blast into a taunting STH for 2k dmg. you also had EK and lumi, neither of them did much either and i was able to freely focus your 2 threats. i wouldnt see any difference between eK and mace

QGJ yoda is a good core but i dont think other currently farmable jedi are on the same level.
  • o0iuytfu
    39 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My GW are getting harder and harder as well, almost going down to the wire. Those Dooku teams are horrendous! Wait til you start battling the Level 74+ Gear IX teams. Hopefully it will become more manageable once we all get to Level 80 and are able to bring up our B and C teams.

i grabbed barriss out of fear it would get way harder and we'd be fighting much higher levels but been ok so far. had a lvl 76 with maxed rey on the last node today but im fine to get through 1 or 2 difficult fights.

has anyone seen what rayna's new QGJ team is?
  • Options
    o0iuytfu wrote: »
    QGJ yoda is a good core but i dont think other currently farmable jedi are on the same level.

No offense taken. This is not my first choice, just a result of pushing to get Yoda unlocked. EK stun is useful sometimes and Mace will occasionally hit hard with shatter point although the AI ignores expose so not much good on defense. I've been working to replace those two and JC, but the credit crunch is killing me. I have phasma ready to promote to 7* and Dooku ready for 6*, but 1.5 million credits don't come easy. Especially when I'm having to level up the others to keep up with arms race in GW.

Speaking of GW, I got rocked by Lando today. My guys were all low health and I was about to retreat and try again, when Lando pulled his AOE attack again and wiped the whole team. Now I have to figure out how to beat the last two nodes without my A team. :#
  • Options
    @lackhand , the credit crunch is starting to squeeze me too, I have a feeling it is only going to get worse once protection comes into effect in GW.

Speaking of which, I failed to clear GW for the first time in ages on my main account. 3 x QGJ + Yoda + 3 other misc meta toons on the last three nodes just wiped out my roster. Thankfully I am still able to clear on my alt to keep the credits coming in.

I think GW difficultly will reach a peak as the big spenders hit level 80 (probably in the next 2-3 weeks) and won't become manageable until the rest of us catch up (probably 2-3 months lol).

• o0iuytfu
    39 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    would love some feedback on how my team (im monkfishy) does with the protection update if you guys get the chance to fight it :smiley:
  • Options
    Hi @o0iuytfu (Monkfishy). Just had a go at your squad now as I position for payout time. Definitely a good build, but I did beat it in about 3.30mins. I got very lucky as I ignored your Daka and she failed to rez anyone (after using two of her heals). I suspect it was just good RNG for me, bad RNG for you.

I have also changed my squad post update. I suspect everyone's line up will be in a bit of a state of flux as we adjust to the new game mechanics.
  • ShouldaChosenAName
    92 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @o0iuytfu : you have a solid squad that does reasonably well on defense. However there are ways to deal with sth before he does his turn shenanigans. Phasma is a real threat now too as she does start with victory march on defense now from time to time.

Anyone care to give me feedback - preferably from experience - on my 32k poggle(l) GS IG86 QGJ RG team? As noone else runs that atm, I have no clue how it is on defense, although I'm not dropping a lot so that's probably a good sign.
  • Options
    Hi all, looks like there are a few more new faces in the top 20! Competition is heating up.

@o0iuytfu , Monkfishy I got soundly beaten by your team over the weekend. RNG was as bad for me this time as it was good last time, I think Daka got called from just about every attack from Phasma's leadership. Had to battle you twice to beat you.

@ShouldaChosenAName , your 3 assist attack toons are brutal, but I was able to beat you first time because ai spread the attacks around before my Han taunted. I think it will get tougher as your RG gets maxed though as he will be able to absorb more attacks.
  • Options
    @o0iuytfu : you have a solid squad that does reasonably well on defense. However there are ways to deal with sth before he does his turn shenanigans. Phasma is a real threat now too as she does start with victory march on defense now from time to time.

Anyone care to give me feedback - preferably from experience - on my 32k poggle(l) GS IG86 QGJ RG team? As noone else runs that atm, I have no clue how it is on defense, although I'm not dropping a lot so that's probably a good sign.

just took out your team to see what its like, stronger than i expected, the high damage hits are good against STH. before the patch would have been a top tier team but with protection theres 0 chance of 1 hitting with an assist and the AI doesnt really focus well. the outcome is you have the damage to kill a character before they act but cant execute it on defense.

I killed qgj first, triggered RG taunt and killed him then the rest. didnt use STH taunt until turn 2 and lost daka because of it, but that was my only lost character.

Yeah you definitely have the damage to burst STH before he takes a turn for now.

@Giodude2000 i dont wanna give you too many tips because ive had trouble taking out your squad in the past :tongue:
  • Giodude2000
    240 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    o0iuytfu wrote: »
    @Giodude2000 i dont wanna give you too many tips because ive had trouble taking out your squad in the past :tongue:

hehe, no problem Monkfishy. We can't give away all our secrets. Besides, I am sure you would rather take me out than Huxing000 or Chef for 1st.

My AI must have had a shocker last night though as I dropped to 20th!! Gonna need to work hard today to get back up there.
  • Options
    huxing just hit lvl 76, didnt realise he/she was being such a whale. we were hitting levels around the same time (withing 6 hours of eachother) up until now where im 3k xp behind suddenly.
  • Options
    @o0iuytfu , yeah the jump to level 76 is 11k XP. I think I fell behind a bit because I held back a bit on crystal refreshes. The real jump will be to level 77 as I think you can start upgrading abilities with the Omega mats.

I have seen a few 7* Reys about too, seems there are at least a few big spenders up here. The only other big spender I identified was Lionstone with his 7* Kit Fisto. Haven't seen him for ages.