Looking for players on my alt server: Zolto, SNAKEMAN, Bear1977, DAH, Sephiroth, LAND

Replies

• Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    o0iuytfu wrote: »
    @Chef5 i tried fighting your teebo(L) team, it was interesting and a bit buggy with the stealth taunts. I dispelled han while he was stealth taunting and lost taunt and stealth buff but stayed visually stealthed. I wasnt able to kill rey until second last but just seemed like your team didnt do much, my han was left with half health. i was able to kill your qgj for free without RG taunting because RG was in stealth

i was interested in making a teebo (L) team but with 5 tanks/counters but couldnt get all the characters i needed for it. was thinking teebo (L) fives aayla magnaguard sunfac.

Hi! Thanks for the feedback. Yea, I dont expect to defend in arena anymore. The top 10 arena regulars are pretty much in the end game territory of levels and gears. I think any top 10 regular can take rank 1 at any time. I felt my daily arena matches were getting repetitive. So using Teebo would add a bit of levity.

Ideally I would like to have ewok elder in the team and replace han, I played a team like that on GW and it was pretty tough.

With the upcoming omega event around the corner this weekend, Im expecting to see everyone omega their Rey. Thats going to be scarey lol.

Congrats to all the players that have switched over to level 80 in the past couple of days! I still have 1 day to go, and won't switch to 80 till later on tomorrow.

Post edited by Chef5 on
  • Options
    Hey @Chef5 , it was good to see some variety in the top 10. What you say is so true, although bad rng sometimes results in a loss. I did have a crack at your Teebo team, the stealth is good for denying priority targets and counters, but it is too random to be reliable. You must kick butt against the pigs in raids though!!

I don't know about others on the shard but I have been wanting to try a few different teams in arena for a while now. Now that I am level 80 I can spend some time and resources working on other heroes, a change is as good as a holiday after all.
  • Options
    Just manage to finish at 9 (i was at 6 before) today thanks to Sephiroth sniping me back down.

I agree with Chef, someone needs to break the meta. Don't look at me though i'm riding the waves it's the only way i'm able to stand with your squads.
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    Options
    I'm a droid caller away from using a new toon in my line up. but won't do it until than.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    My Sun Fac is being geared and levelled - but it will be awhile as I'm strengthening my roster for heroic raiding...

We finished our first yesterday and are now at 15-20% left on p4 for our second!
  • Options
    If you want - join our discord general chat. @monkfishy is in there!

https://discord.gg/0yQsYc4aSjiFm1GU
  • Options
    Working on Rex as well - 48/100 so have a bit to go. But buy him every time when I see him in shipments.
  • Options
    Hey congrats on completing the heroic @Rayna_Clavain ! Once you clear it the first time there is no going back. Some nice exclusive toons you are working on there, nice work.

Haven't used discord before, might go have a look. There has not been any movement on the reddit for this shard so have given up over there.
  • Options
    I was going for Rex 7* - then opened in one pack 2x10 shards of Echo and an unlock... So had no other options then to go full out on Chromium.

40k crystals later I have Sun Fac and Echo ready to be promoted to 7*. Didn't see many Rex shards unfortunately... Getting him from shipments instead.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    looks like we're getting a couple of 7* sun fac's showing up soon at the top of the LB. Just when I was finishing up my double tanks lol, Sun Fac's shows up and is like "Surprise!". :D
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Chef5 wrote: »
    looks like we're getting a couple of 7* sun fac's showing up soon at the top of the LB. Just when I was finishing up my double tanks lol, Sun Fac's shows up and is like "Surprise!". :D

LoL :lol:
  • Options
    Any opinion on the "Guild Hopping" exploit? some people are using it to get ahead of gears. What a shame
  • Options
    i dont think guild hopping is widely exploited, i dont see many top tier guilds allowing people to hop around and not contribute their share of resources
  • Options
    Some of the guys did a bit of hopping in my guild a few weeks back. The guild actually consists of 3 sub guilds. One of the sub guilds got close to being able to do their first heroic but were all out of heroes with about 3 hours to go. Some of the higher power guys jumped in to help clear it. There was a bit of a reshuffle after so that two of the three sub guilds could run consistent heroics with the third guild working up to it.

I guess strictly speaking you could call it guild hopping, not for the purpose of exploiting gear but to help get max rewards to as many of the guild members a possible.

As for the guild hopping that allows you to claim 3 x heroic raid rewards a day, in my view that should be stopped.
  • Drew1855
    132 posts Member
    Options
    Snakeman guild hops
    SyNerGelite Officer ----always Han Yolo
    SyN KarlMalown
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    Options
    Drew1855 wrote: »
    Snakeman guild hops

Look at you tryin to stir the pot lol!
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    Options
    My Super Tanky Team seems to be holding off attacks throughout the day. I'm always conflicted when I don't have Rey in the line up but having fun with it.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    Hi Snakeman,

Just played your tank team, Phasma seemed to have a difficult time against it, so I tried a different team comp.

I was able to defeat it with a Teebo DPS team. I hope I didn't battle too close to your payout, Im sure you will have no problems taking back the spot. Just wanted to test out your new team comp. Definitely requires planning to play against.

• Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    also just wanted to mention that your team and monkfishy's team, seem to be tougher teams. Most teams in arena I can beat in about a minute, but you two teams take a bit longer because of thier synergies, they require more planning to play against. Especially when maxed out OB gets a run of evasions back to back.
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Chef5 wrote: »
    Hi Snakeman,

Just played your tank team, Phasma seemed to have a difficult time against it, so I tried a different team comp.

I was able to defeat it with a Teebo DPS team. I hope I didn't battle too close to your payout, Im sure you will have no problems taking back the spot. Just wanted to test out your new team comp. Definitely requires planning to play against.

Hey, yea you hit me right before my payout but I got it back in time. I got to tell ya you made a smart decision with Teebo, don't know if that was because of raids or for arena anticipation but either way he really is a counter to my team. I actually lost the first time against it because targets would go stealth and I didn't have enough offense since most damage comes from counters and stealth nullifies it so I switched to phasma to take it back.

Nice team! Feel free to attack me whenever I generally do one refresh a day for fun and throw different comps out.

And thanks for the kudos! I'm trying to find a tough defensive team for my opponents. I don't drop past 9 or 10 overnight. So it's doing well.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    Yea I started leveling Teebo at first for the tank challenge and when raids came around Teebo became the #1 Champion of Rancor aka the Rancor slayer. So I'm currently trying to max gear him, but thats going to take a while. Trying to get him to gear 10 and it takes a ton of purple gear to go from 9-10.

I just place him in arena for fun. I used him yesterday for Monkfishy's OB team and today for your Sunfac double taunt team.

For the most part I dont think Teebo works well on arena defense because he is too RNG reliant and I drop on the LB over night most when I leave Teebo. I think a lot of players will simplyu target Teebo for fun just because he's non-meta. So I dont usually leave him on defense in arena too long.
  • Options
    Hi @Chef5 its great to see some diversity at the top. Teebo lead is lots of fun and if priority targets go stealth it is very tough to beat. Plus you get two dispels to counter taunts.

I tried running AA lead the other day but lost two battles in a row. I think I may need to wait until my Leia is ready before trying that again.

And you are so right about OB lead, especially with maxed gear 11 ST Han like @monkfishy. In retrospect I think I made a mistake going Dooku instead of OB. Too late to change quickly now though lol.
  • Options
    Hi all, sorry for posting in this oldish thread but noticed a few new faces in the top 20 recently:

Zolto, Land, @Bear1977 , Hu, PaToLaDy, Tommy GPZ, TomTom, DAH, fab67. Any of you guys regulars on the forums?

My IGN is Kal Zakath, love to hear from you if you are here.
  • Options
    Hi Kal Zakath. I'm on your shard too. I've been top 20 and only recently and occasionally top 10. I drop back into the 30s and 40s overnight so I always have some work to do.
  • Options
    Hey @Itsatrap5000 , great to hear from you! Good work getting into the top 10 recently, especially given how competitive the shard has become recently.

Dropping to 30s and 40s is harsh, will try to avoid you when I make my daily climb before payout time. I am in Australia GMT+10. Where are you based?

Have you come across Zolto, Bear or DAH in the forums??
  • Options
    Hey back at ya. Thanks. I haven't come across those guys. I'm not in here a lot. It's fun to connect with folks on our shard though.

I'm east coast US. GMT-5. I think the Atlantic Ocean gives my TZ a nice time buffer to climb without other TZs being affected.
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm having a lot of fun with Han Solo! He just shuts down thr best toon on enemy team. If you got him he is worth the time.
  • Options
    **** it's been awhile

How are you guys? Top 10 is INSANELY crazy specially the new guys!

@Itsatrap5000 hey, i keep on bumping on to you at top 20 and it's quite troublesome :smiley:

Btw i'm FN2199 and i'll try to change my squad (if credit crunching didn't got this bad) so you'll never say "Oh, it's him again.. EASY!" lol
  • Options
    Hey Shard-mates. The world's best FTP guild -- Inglorious Blasters -- has a couple openings.

We are incredibly well-organized on Discord. Our officers and many others are #1 on their shards. (Much stronger and more consistent than my arena team!) As you'd expect, we do heroic raids exclusively, and run special rules once per week to help some members get stronger. The chat is active and fun and really helpful. For me, this guild has made the game more fun.

The only catch is you have to be FTP and get your 600 coins daily.

Let me know and I can drop you a Discord link.
  • Options
    Hey @SNAKEMAN. Thought I'd say nice move to go Rex lead. You've completely neutralized all the Palps (including mine) on our shard. I'll have to adjust if I want to take #1 again ever.