Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    As GA became my main focus/excitement since it launched this is good news for me as well. Due to orienting myself towards GA I won all my matches besides 4 match losses. How good I'll perform in championships will completely depend on the matchmaking changes that are gonna be introduced. Whatever I did since GA launched, there's simply no getting rid of 1.3M worth of fluff I had back then (it probably decreased to 1.1M with maxing I did since then)
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb

What format will be used for the Grand Arena Championships?

Will it be constant throughout the 4 weeks?

We have seen many GA formats
    6 top, 1 ship bottom
    3+2 top, 3+ship bottom
    3+2 top, 3+2 bottom (no ships)
    I'm sure there are others...
  • Gannon
    1635 posts Member
    Options
    I wish there was a way to see how many GA wins ppl have currently, especially the ppl here. Would be pretty funny
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Check out the brief overview of the upcoming feature, Grand Arena Championships here!

Got questions about Grand Arena Championships? Ask them here!

I just noticed there was no mention of answers @CG_SBCrumb
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb

What format will be used for the Grand Arena Championships?

Will it be constant throughout the 4 weeks?

We have seen many GA formats
    6 top, 1 ship bottom
    3+2 top, 3+ship bottom
    3+2 top, 3+2 bottom (no ships)
    I'm sure there are others...

actually since it's the Championships...the best of the best, krem de la krem, who's who of SWGOH, the tip, the most in shape, the caviar of eggs, the gordon ramsay of chefs, THEN ships should be in every single one...

Can't call someone the best if only using half the game mode....... not having ships would be the dumbs
  • Options
    Will anyone without dr/malak ever make it to kyber league? I'm predicting no. :D

Can you please stop saying that this will showcase the best players? No ftp will ever make kyber league
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    Because no ftp have Malak? False.
  • Options
    Just beat another Darth revan and malak owner winning my GA, roll on this championships! Love beating the spenders
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    So how many players should this scheme put in a full division? 8 players per league. say bronzium. however they also may end up playing only bronzium, never moving to upper leagues. That makes 64 players. but since there are 5 leagues that emerge each time, prolly 320 players total. I dunno, couldn't wrap the math around.

Maybe it's not a closed system like I'm thinking. after one moves up a league the system has to matchmake amongst similar peeps qualified again. That makes more sense.

Any other guesses or expand on this idea?
  • Options
    As long as there are still game crashes, it fails to be the 'best of the best'
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    So how many players should this scheme put in a full division? 8 players per league. say bronzium. however they also may end up playing only bronzium, never moving to upper leagues. That makes 64 players. but since there are 5 leagues that emerge each time, prolly 320 players total. I dunno, couldn't wrap the math around.

Maybe it's not a closed system like I'm thinking. after one moves up a league the system has to matchmake amongst similar peeps qualified again. That makes more sense.

I heard 1 to 4 move up a league with enough points. 4 weeks 5 leagues.

So week 1 everyone is in lowest league.

Week 2 there would be no one in the top 3 leagues, but people fight in bottom 2 leagues. Some move up again.

Week 3 no one is top 2 Leagues but all 3 lower leagues have people fighting. People move up.

Week 4 all leagues except Kyber League have members fighting. People can make Kyber League if they moved up every week and win in week 4 making the highest league "Kyber" before GAC is reset.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    You heard?
  • Options
    Just beat another Darth revan and malak owner winning my GA, roll on this championships! Love beating the spenders
    882 players unlocked Malak without spending one cent on the game.

Way to go you for knowing for certain your victims weren’t among them!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Leagues existing outside of the boundaries of any one championship would make more sense.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Week 2 there would be no one in the top 3 leagues, but people fight in bottom 2 leagues. Some move up again.

Week 3 no one is top 2 Leagues but all 3 lower leagues have people fighting. People move up.

Week 4 all leagues except Kyber League have members fighting. People can make Kyber League if they moved up every week and win in week 4 making the highest league "Kyber" before GAC is reset.

I understand the outcome schematic. How are they getting matched though; is the matchmaking get made at the time of determination of leagues each week (due to previous weeks results)? Or is there a total pool of players that will possibly get matched into higher leagues determined right before first week begins?

Hope I was able to make the difference clear. It won't effect how we play it probably, just trying to understand the underlying logic.
  • Options

Thanks, yeah I asked each of them and they were all spenders
  • Options

Hope you thanked them for keeping the game alive for you.
  • Options

Hope you thanked them for keeping the game alive for you.

It's a symbiotic relationship keeping the game alive so no
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options

Need to see a video please.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I don't care what a random person on the internet needs
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options

I don't care what a random person on the internet needs

Ironic.
  • The_Noobish_Hipster
    316 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

If 1-4 move up from Bronzium, there'll be only 4 guys left battling it out in week 2, without a chance of moving up. With no one being relegated from the upper leagues, those who don't win their first battles will be confined to Bronzium purgatory for the entire GAC. Not a compelling structure imo.

I think your intel might be lacking in some parts.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options

@CG_SBCrumb I'm still wondering about this. Obviously our questions will be answered eventually as you roll out more information. However this post of yours implied that you would be answering questions, otherwise why tell us to ask them? And while I understand you can't answer every question, I was able to find just one question that you answered on page one, and nothing since. Surely you can answer some more?
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »

@CG_SBCrumb I'm still wondering about this. Obviously our questions will be answered eventually as you roll out more information. However this post of yours implied that you would be answering questions, otherwise why tell us to ask them? And while I understand you can't answer every question, I was able to find just one question that you answered on page one, and nothing since. Surely you can answer some more?

I dont see him implying to actually give answers.

Where does he talk about answering anything and where does he give a date for any answers.
    Clear communication

It's a sad state of the forums when I can't tell for sure if a sarcastic post like this is actually serious.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    This thread is confusing, we should probably stop arguing with each other or something, quite de-railed with many posts, especially from like TVF who spams every second post here almost. Guys calm down, lets actually wait and see what the new content is like, what the new TB is like, how this plays out.

They said they are working on the matchmaking. Hopefully that leads to something.

GA is an ok game mode that's ruined by real whales, Dc'ing during one fight costing you the entire win no matter what you do and matchmaking, fixing one will fix 2, since if matchmaking was fixed, whales may fight whales only. Though its funny when they say something like "Best of the best at the top" when we already know Carrie only wants people who spend 4-5 thousand dollars on the game to be there.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    This thread is confusing, we should probably stop arguing with each other or something, quite de-railed with many posts, especially from like TVF who spams every second post here almost. Guys calm down, lets actually wait and see what the new content is like, what the new TB is like, how this plays out.

They said they are working on the matchmaking. Hopefully that leads to something.

GA is an ok game mode that's ruined by real whales, Dc'ing during one fight costing you the entire win no matter what you do and matchmaking, fixing one will fix 2, since if matchmaking was fixed, whales may fight whales only. Though its funny when they say something like "Best of the best at the top" when we already know Carrie only wants people who spend 4-5 thousand dollars on the game to be there.

Yeah, all my bet is on the new matchmaking being able to gauge my roster in a more refined way.

I was pretty successfull in single leagues despite crazy amount of fluff in my roster. But with eliminational league ladder, that would simply be impossible with the old matchmaking.