Kit Reveal: General Skywalker

Replies

• flux_rono wrote: »
    CptNemo wrote: »
    hope this thing can be at least annihilated :/

Of course he could be annihilated, cause it's momentally kill, except cases when GAS has Cover

completely unrelated to your point but why are you using his acronym as GAS instead of GS? i mean they dont use anakin in the unit name so adding the A doesnt make as much sense. (im not saying there is no sense just just less)

Geo spy ?
  • Honestly all that "developer insight" post can be reduced to "We created kit which specifically shuts down any existing strong teams, and even includes abilities which targets specific toons which are completely unrelated to Anakin".

Btw, let's wait and see how long it will take to appear toons with debuffs which "can't be removed", then new toons from which debuffs are "disappears", and so on.
  • Monel wrote: »
    Glidehook wrote: »
    I have always tryed to defend the game and stop people from leaving, but no more, this time you have went completely overboard. Do you even play the game? Know how it works? Or even care? Stop breaking it, making it this unbalanced, please. Please. Is it really hard to try for once to make things diverse, funnier, and better?

I get confused when you use words like "always" and yet the number next to your name indicating your number of posts says "4".

He may have defended the game other places than here. Why does the number of posts here need mentioning?
  • thewhitegift
    294 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    evoluza wrote: »
    So the "Hero with no Fear" isn't immune to fear? Funny.

Fear is what led him to the dark side. He is def not immune to fear
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    So is Anakin immune to Annihilate from Darth Nihilus? That seems like one of the few gaps in his kit right now (which is fair).

Annihilate will defeat General Skywalker since it instantly defeats him and does not actually deal damage.

Sounds like serious omission. You should definitely nerf Nihilus
  • DarthSmurfX
    81 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I just read over General Skywalker's kit. They missed a huge opportunity to call him Guild Killer Skywalker. We lost 2-3 members when Padme was announced and General Skywalker's abilities make her look like Lobot with pink eye.
  • Juzz wrote: »
    Ahsoka loses a lot of her potential with a full 501st team leaded by this General

No multiple damage with her special
    Not beggining the battle with crit inmunity and thus not taking double bonuses until she gets below 100% health (Rex Unique)

I wonder if they'll tweak the verbiage in her kit to synergize with GAS instead of just JKA now that he's coming out. That would keep her viable with 501st and maybe clear space for Arc trooper to be run under Shaak Ti with CS and Cody.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    evoluza wrote: »
    So the "Hero with no Fear" isn't immune to fear? Funny.

Fear is what led him to the dark side. He is def not immune to fear

Cookies are what led him to the dark side. That info was leaked from a reliable source. Take it to the bank.
  • @Iy4oy4s And milk, don't forget milk.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    flux_rono wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    So is Anakin immune to Annihilate from Darth Nihilus? That seems like one of the few gaps in his kit right now (which is fair).

Right but he can’t be targeted while covered So you can’t annihilate him if he’s covered

GAS does 2 cooldown increase on every turn (assuming two critics hits) and more critical hits on assists

So DN will never have annihilate ready if GAS is not under cover

You also have Rex who does tenacity up to prevent 100% force drain and can one shot Darth Nihilus

GAS is attacker so he will hit extremely hard at relic 7 which is what everyone will be running him at

DN won’t even survive long enough

Nihlius with 4 tanks might do it.

Oh good - wer'e back to arena "hide the Nihilus". Brilliant.

Incidentally it also means we're back to only two viable teams in arena. One step forward...5 steps back.

And a complete disincentive for people to spend. The new guy doesn't seem to be bringing his A game. Looks like EA is mailing this one in and moving on to the next project. Well played. Well, 4 years is a good run for a mobile game.
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Now, perhaps this is premature theory-crafting, as we don't know how his kit will perform in the wild, but it seems that another concern - especially in mirror matches, or maybe against Padme/GR - would be a return to "time out teams". Perhaps there was some attempt to curb that with the "no rez" part (JKR/NS). But that also might be an indication that that was an issue.

Again, if that ends up being the case, another step backwards. Honestly, it's worse than that, as CG by it's quick nerf of Zarris last time pretty much has tried to make it clear that "time out teams" aren't supposed to be a thing.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Does this mean Rebels may sneak their way back into the arena? First OP kit without stun/tmr immunity in a long time. If you play your cards right, his first turn would be once all his supporting cast was defeated. With high enough tenacity, you can resist daze (Han and CLS would be immune, anyway, as long as chewie was alive), and take him down with all the counter-attacks.
  • Treeburner wrote: »

Of course he could be annihilated, cause it's momentally kill, except cases when GAS has Cover

completely unrelated to your point but why are you using his acronym as GAS instead of GS? i mean they dont use anakin in the unit name so adding the A doesnt make as much sense. (im not saying there is no sense just just less)

Geo spy ?

gamorean guard came out before grievous and guess who got the GG abbreviation.

for geo spy, geo soldier, and gar saxon, i dont recall anyone using GS for them as it is, they have always (from my experience) used there names how they are, or in some cases "the spy" for geo spy, or just as "soldier" for geo soldier.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Annihilate will defeat General Skywalker since it instantly defeats him and does not actually deal damage.

Sounds like serious omission. You should definitely nerf Nihilus

Oh, don't worry. They will.. Just like they did EP when Malak was losing to him. :D

But they'll wait until the data shows that most have taken Nihilus to R7. Then hit him with the nerf hammer.

• APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Future CG: "General Skywalker is immune to Annihilate as long as no allies are yet defeated."

This would force Nihilus to eat an ally or wait for one to be defeated before he can chow down on The Chosen One.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Can allies lose protection while anikan is in advance? The wording says can’t lose “health” but does not mention losing protection

Nvm they do lose protection
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • So when he “removes” all status effects does that include Dark Infusion on Malak? @CG_SBCrumb
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    Not gonna lie, discovering you need TB tokens to get him up to 7* was a total buzz kill and now I won’t even spend the vault to finish the ship I need for the event and just wait until the event comes back. It’ll take several months to get enough tokens to upgrade to 7* which if I’m waiting that long to make him playable in arena than I’ll just wait for the event to come back and do it all than and save the vault I was gonna buy. Just my feedback about that decision.

I was thinking the same thing. I've got everything but Anakin's ship and I still need like 140 shards for it. With Malak, I got him day one...but it took several months to get him to 7* (I basically had zero GET to start with). However, he was viable even at 5* but that was before gear 13 and relics.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Perhaps there was some attempt to curb that with the "no rez" part (JKR/NS). But that also might be an indication that that was an issue.

The no rez part of the kit is there because if clones could be revived GS would be literally invincible.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    It'll be nice to have diversity in arena again. Oh....wait. :D

I thought this was just a trap and won’t be meta?
  • Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    So when he “removes” all status effects does that include Dark Infusion on Malak? @CG_SBCrumb

He removes status effects from himself, not anyone else.
  • What happens if he’s reduced to Zero Protection when he has Fracture, you can’t gain TM when you are Fractured
  • What happens if he’s reduced to Zero Protection when he has Fracture, you can’t gain TM when you are Fractured

He doesnt gain tm when in cover. He would remove fracture anyway. When in cover he recovers his protection any time someone takes a turn
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    What happens if he’s reduced to Zero Protection when he has Fracture, you can’t gain TM when you are Fractured

He doesnt gain tm when in cover. He would remove fracture anyway. When in cover he recovers his protection any time someone takes a turn

Yes he does. He gains 10% TM and 10% protection every turn. Though you are right he question doesn't matter because he loses fracture when he enters cover.
  • miketo
    139 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Treeburner wrote: »

Geo spy ?

gamorean guard came out before grievous and guess who got the GG abbreviation.

for geo spy, geo soldier, and gar saxon, i dont recall anyone using GS for them as it is, they have always (from my experience) used there names how they are, or in some cases "the spy" for geo spy, or just as "soldier" for geo soldier.

Some of us will us GAS rather than GS cause his kit is complete ....
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Liath wrote: »

I said that before they released his kit and also included the caveat that it was "possible". But have a great weekend. ;)
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

While I appreciate the stalking to catch any misstep, I said that before they released his kit and also included the caveat that it was "possible". But have a great weekend. I don't plan on posting much because I have a busy day at work today, so hopefully you can find something else to do. ;)

This is stalking in the same way that I'm stalking Burger King because I finally buy a burger after seeing one hundred ads over a two day stretch.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH