Kit Reveal: General Skywalker

Replies

• His kit seems VERY anti JKR. I wonder if they had difficulty with him in testing.

Funniest comment ever. We are the testers
  • Welp. Time to farm Rose 😂
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    he negates every single massive damage or annihilate mechanic in the game

Crumb just clarified that he does not negate annihilate.
  • @CG_SBCrumb Will Asajj be getting a leadership rework so we actually have a chance at aquiring General Skywalker?
  • His kit is interesting but seems off thematically. Normally, the kits give a pretty good feel for the character. But Anakin taking cover while his 501st allies are all killed? Anakin (and particularly the CW series Anakin) would never take cover and let his allies take the brunt of an attack.
  • But where is echo's crit damage up?
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    And we now have a character that can dispel undispensable buffs. Great.

Where does it say this?
  • Liath wrote: »

Good luck using annihilate without debuffs sticking and having your cooldowns increased
  • pånøs wrote: »
    His kit seems VERY anti JKR. I wonder if they had difficulty with him in testing.

There has to be something they were worried about via the revive mechanic. Maybe they didn't test it but thought JKR would stop him
  • Where did ya all get "dispel undispellable"? I must be missing something from the kit, don't see anything like that.

Except that he hits twice and quoting from his kit:
    Whenever General Skywalker critically hits an enemy during his turn, increase their cooldowns by 1 (excluding raid bosses), which can't be resisted.

So it doesn't really matter if Annihilate can kill him because Nihilus will never have time to finish his giant cooldown.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    But where is echo's crit damage up?

In the upcoming "Echo's Basic Upgrade" marquee pack which gives you a 5-330% chance to get his upgrade for only 10.99$.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Where did ya all get "dispel undispellable"? I must be missing something from the kit, don't see anything like that.

"Taunt, which can’t be dispelled or prevented"
    Under his leader ability
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Perdogie
    130 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    You also have Rex who does tenacity up to prevent 100% force drain
    Nihilus’ Drain Force doesn’t use potency/tenacity check
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    pånøs wrote: »
    His kit seems VERY anti JKR. I wonder if they had difficulty with him in testing.

There has to be something they were worried about via the revive mechanic. Maybe they didn't test it but thought JKR would stop him

They will hotfix it after ppl find the first counter. :smile:

Fun apart, his kit is VERY anti-everything.
  • Charlo999 wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Where does it say this?

Right here in his Leadership:
    ulnuplcdeyta.jpg

qydj7miuieqm.jpg
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Where did ya all get "dispel undispellable"? I must be missing something from the kit, don't see anything like that.

From the insights post:

0kxh755u8w1l.png

But I believe it's only on himself, so not undispellable buffs on the opposing team.

Where does it say this?
    Where did ya all get "dispel undispellable"? I must be missing something from the kit, don't see anything like that.

From the developer insights thread:
    9xchw3pdc0bp.jpg
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Slippyfist wrote: »
    Hold crap! I... Just.... Holy..... Crap

You may be able to hold crap but a lot of folks are about to lose theirs...

This kit is OP. I'm sure there will be theory crafters who come up with comps that can defeat him soon but for now, those that have him will be nigh on invincible.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    So if he uses both of his special abilities in one turn does zeta Ahsoka assist for both of them?

From the insights post:

0kxh755u8w1l.png

But I believe it's only on himself, so not undispellable buffs on the opposing team.

Don't think anyone was worried about him removing undispellable Buffs on the opposing squad, but more that it means the previously undispellable Debuffs such as Fracture, Isolate, Armor Shred, Dear, Corrupted Battle Meditation and others I'm probably forgetting are now able to be immediately dispelled umm I mean 'removed'
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Zmaul lead stealthed with traya trio with sith assassin.
    Aoe pain > aoe drain > isolate anakin > aoe daze > TM > ability block\stun Rex > annihilate anakin > isolate Rex > kill fives......
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Charlo999 wrote: »
    And we now have a character that can dispel indispensable buffs. Great.

Where does it say this?

ulnuplcdeyta.jpg

Edited:just read the other replies. Yikes
    And we now have a character that can dispel indispensable buffs. Great.

Where does it say this?

ulnuplcdeyta.jpg

Where does it say that includes indispensable stuff?

Where does it say this?

From the developer insights thread:
    9xchw3pdc0bp.jpg

In the insider post
  • Beeblebrox wrote: »
    So, to sum up, his kit allows him to dispell all debuffs including "undispellable" ones even though he'll already have insane tenacity, he prevents every revive mechanic in the game, he negates every single massive damage or annihilate mechanic in the game, he counters 100% of the time ignoring Defence and can't be evaded, cannot drop below 100% health while any 501st allies are alive, prevents health damage to all 501st unless he's under cover...!?!
    So, umm, @cg_sbcrumb how exactly is this creating a "rock, paper, scissors arena" situation in the game? We finally got some semblance of arena variety recently so literally the first thing CG does is to utterly decimate that variety, wow, way to not read the player base!! SMH!!

Simple: Paper covers rock, rock breaks scissors, scissors cut paper, Anakin cuts paper in two, force crushes rock, and hurls the scissors back at you.
  • How do you think Darth Nihilus and Annihilate interact with GAS?
  • Erebus2017 wrote: »
    How do you think Darth Nihilus and Annihilate interact with GAS?

Already answered scroll up
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Slippyfist wrote: »
    Hold crap! I... Just.... Holy..... Crap

You may be able to hold crap but a lot of folks are about to lose theirs...

This kit is OP. I'm sure there will be theory crafters who come up with comps that can defeat him soon but for now, those that have him will be nigh on invincible.
    Yeah, I’m sure there are ways to beat him.

Regardless of your status, everyone needs to learn how to beat this toon on defense because you can’t full clear GAC otherwise and that can prevent you from Kyber in Division 1/2
  • Missed it, oops