Kit Reveal: General Skywalker

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    It'll be nice to have diversity in arena again. Oh....wait. :D

I thought this was just a trap and won’t be meta?

While I appreciate the stalking to catch any misstep, I said that before they released his kit and also included the caveat that it was "possible". But have a great weekend. I don't plan on posting much because I have a busy day at work today, so hopefully you can find something else to do. ;)

This is stalking in the same way that I'm stalking Burger King because I finally buy a burger after seeing one hundred ads over a two day stretch.

You eat Burger King??? I thought it was just IG-86 shards with a little salt from the forums. Disappointed. :'(
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I don't actually eat Burger King. I'm not a stalker.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Out of F@€ks to give about this game app anymore...EA/CG will never receive 1 penny in the future for swgoh or any other game app they put out in the future. The pure greed has destoyed the gameplay.
  • Are you kidding me ? @CG_SBCrumb
    You made us spent hundreds of Euros for a 5* piece of **** which can’t do nothing in GAC or Raids or anything! You made the event so ridiculous tough just to force people spend their money! Shame on you!
    You told us that GET1 is meant to reduce the gear crunch and now we have to wait month in order to use the GET1 to upgrade General Useless???? Why don’t you just release him at 7*? Do you really want to kill this game? I tell you, 3 of my whale friends (whale by definition of carry!) already quit and others are following. Including myself. You won’t get any more money from me! Promised!!!
  • Well CG you may be loosing another whale/kracken. I waited months and months for some new meta or content.... all you gave me was gear crunch after gear crunch. Then after I spend a crapload to get GAS, I have to wait 5 months to 7* him because i was using GET for relics. At least DR was a decent meta without malek and could compete. I'll give you a couple more weeks but I'm not going to be playing a DR dominant game mode for another 5 months. Crap move CG for your biggest spenders as well as the FTP
  • PiperElite
    9 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I understand this is a pay to win game, and I have paid! Spending .... a lot.... over the past few years on this game, but I never felt ripped off like I do now. I spent ... a lot... since the announcement of the event so I could get General Skywalker. I unlocked him, and quickly realized that I can't use him for anything. At the current rate, and as stated in other posts, I will have to wait around 5 months to use what I just spent almost $1k on! I feel used, deceived, and like CG thinks I am a sucker.

I will never spend in this game again. I don't want to buy something and wait months to use it, what are you thinking? By the time he is 7* the event will be rolling around again (based on previous legendary characters). The FTP players will have known to save up their Guild Event Tokens, so they will get him to 7* at the same time I do. What did I just pay for? What is the incentive to pay for this? I have always paid for new characters so I was the first to use them, isn't that the whole idea? What benefit or purpose does it serve putting the character behind the GET? Why even have gear in the GET stores? I don't know what you guys are thinking. What was wrong with the legendary events with 5, 6, & 7* unlocks? You still get your money, and people get what they pay for. I hope you make this right quickly.
    Post edited by PiperElite on
  • Chi69
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    And they are going ***** backwards. Now we have to go back to DSTB and stop Geo TB if you want to speed up getting GAS to 7*. 6600 vs 13,200 GET is a HUGE difference.
  • @CG_SBCrumb I know the question I’m going to ask was answered in the last Q&A. Things are always evolving and it’s on us the players as well as you guys to adapt to different circumstances as we all try to work together on things. Can the question about guild doing both Territory Battles be reconsidered. Maybe have certain end game guilds over 200m GP be eligible to do both. The reason is now with 2 characters needing guild event currency it will take a lot longer to achieve that at the currency pace of things. Getting 15-25 shards every 2 weeks is disheartening especially being one of the few who got General Skywalker this time around. Now Players like myself won’t be able to use him at full potential until 6 months when we can 7* him. And that will be around the time he will be released again so more people will get him unlocked by then. As well as saved up the currency to 7* him right away so it almost defeats us getting him the first time as we won’t get any exclusive playing with him since he’s isn’t as viable under 7*.

i know you guys originally said it would be too much for guilds to do both. I say let the guilds determine that by actually trying it out. I believe getting live feedback instead of assumed feedback is more resourceful. You guys do all this hard work to create content and want people to engage with it so I believe because people know their is a high demand for get currency now they will be more engaged in all content related to get currency. So that’s a win win for everyone as now the hard work behind the content doesn’t go to waste as we can engage in both. With GTB having more time there shouldn’t be any problem doing HTB. This will in turn help ease the community a little bit and show them you are at least listening to them and trying to not cramp a bunch of stuff down their face. As with the mandalore and episode content coming people are going to feel even more over whelmed with trying to play catch up which may lead to more players quitting. At least this helps please your players who support the content and rewards the players who unlocked General Skywalker this time around by giving us some time to utilize him before everyone gets him. As that can cut the farming down in half as well as give us 3 months to play with him. And it still rewards the players who planned far ahead as they get some time to use him before others catch up too.
  • I unlock GAS 5* no GET for 7*, so bye bye swgoh time to quit. GL to you all.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I don't actually eat Burger King. I'm not a stalker.

I modified my original "stalker" quote. I realize it came off as harsher than I intended.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Nosnikta wrote: »
    Out of F@€ks to give about this game app anymore...EA/CG will never receive 1 penny in the future for swgoh or any other game app they put out in the future. The pure greed has destoyed the gameplay.

Ironically, GAS hasn't really altered the game play much at all, from what I understand. :D

But that might be why some people are so upset....

• capital games hates jedi? why anakin fear? Unique called 'Hero with no Fear' Is inflicted with Fear by Revan. traya+malak counter gas
    padme team counter gas
    dr+ malak (old meta) win rate %55 gas.
    you manage the game very badly capital games. If this game was not star wars game not even a player playing. you're totally premium over star wars
  • @CG_SBCrumb Do you have any feed back to those of us that fund the game? Just some acknowledgement that you are hearing the only 6k people that bought this character should be a priority for you. Compared to other legendary, heroic, etc characters this was only purchased by the 6,000 highest spenders. I am CIO for a software firm, healthcare not games, and I would lose my job if I ignored our biggest clients.
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    PiperElite wrote: »
    Compared to other legendary, heroic, etc characters this was only purchased by the 6,000 highest spenders. I am CIO for a software firm, healthcare not games, and I would lose my job if I ignored our biggest clients.

On the extreme off-chance that this is true, I'm sure your employees would be thrilled to know that you spend your off time bloviating about your self-importance over a perceived slight in a phone game.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I understand this is a pay to win game, and I have paid! Spending .... a lot.... over the past few years on this game, but I never felt ripped off like I do now. I spent ... a lot... since the announcement of the event so I could get General Skywalker. I unlocked him, and quickly realized that I can't use him for anything. At the current rate, and as stated in other posts, I will have to wait around 5 months to use what I just spent almost $1k on! I feel used, deceived, and like CG thinks I am a sucker.

I will never spend in this game again. I don't want to buy something and wait months to use it, what are you thinking? By the time he is 7* the event will be rolling around again (based on previous legendary characters). The FTP players will have known to save up their Guild Event Tokens, so they will get him to 7* at the same time I do. What did I just pay for? What is the incentive to pay for this? I have always paid for new characters so I was the first to use them, isn't that the whole idea? What benefit or purpose does it serve putting the character behind the GET? Why even have gear in the GET stores? I don't know what you guys are thinking. What was wrong with the legendary events with 5, 6, & 7* unlocks? You still get your money, and people get what they pay for. I hope you make this right quickly.
    You are not used. You are not a sucker.

You are a fool.

You bought shards and gear and signal data. You got shards and gear and signal data. You paid in to get a character. You got a character.

What you did not pay for was "winning." Because this game is not pay to win. They sell many useful things, but "winning" is not one of them. They sell in-game resources, and you bought them. But that does not entitle you to a duration of arena dominance as a result.

You have the character you paid for. You can use him in many, many aspects of the game even if he's not thumping Malak in arena right now. And the fact that you'll have to save up GET for a while is not a surprise. It's what they did with the last epic.

You weren't tricked. You made bad decisions on bad assumptions and now you're blaming someone else for your own failings.
    Post edited by YaeVizsla on
    Still not a he.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Compared to other legendary, heroic, etc characters this was only purchased by the 6,000 highest spenders. I am CIO for a software firm, healthcare not games, and I would lose my job if I ignored our biggest clients.

On the extreme off-chance that this is true, I'm sure your employees would be thrilled to know that you spend your off time bloviating about your self-importance over a perceived slight in a phone game.

Well, he's nothing if not consistent...even his username is pretentious... :D

• PiperElite
    9 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

You are not used. You are not a sucker.

You are a fool.

You bought shards and gear and signal data. You got shards and gear and signal data. You paid in to get a character. You got a character.

What you did not pay for was "winning." Because this game is not pay to win. They sell many useful things, but "winning" is not one of them. They sell in-game resources, and you bought them. But that does not entitle you to a duration of arena dominance as a result.

You have the character you paid for. You can use him in many, many aspects of the game even if he's not thumping Malak in arena right now. And the fact that you'll have to save up GET for a while is not a surprise. It's what they did with the last epic.

You weren't tricked. You made bad decisions on bad assumptions and now you're blaming someone else for your own failings.

This is a pay to win game, don't be naive. You pay to get characters, gear, relics, etc to win and yes to dominate. And comparing to Malak, well CG just gave out unlimited Malak shards, mistake or not.

The advertised this character as "The strongest character in the game", and the equivalent of owning your own "raid" boss. That was a lie.

Also saying you can use him in other places in game is a lie. Anything that requires 7* characters is unusable, which is everything except GW. Lie, lie, lie.

And you resorting to name calling shows defensiveness. Guessing you didn't spend on the character, good for you. You saying people who spend money are fools shows your support for the game(sarcasm) ... with out us you have no game. We fund your experience,
    you should be just as upset as us.

Regardless, this is a pay to win game. Even if I do have to wait a few weeks playing old Hoth TB, I will be in the small group that has him, and those that don't won't be able to beat him easily in GAC or Squad. If it wasn't pay to win, no one, including myself, would buy anything.
  • Jarvind wrote: »

It is true, and has nothing to do about self importance. It has to do about getting ripped off and lied to. It is not a perceived slight, it was fake advertising.

You shills always make it personal. Defending CG gets you nothing. They certainly won't support or get your back.
  • @Jarvind @YaeVizsla @Nikoms565 And if you think I am alone in my sentiment go through reddit and watch some YouTubers.

I eagerly await your personal attacks in response to legit criticism. I am sure you will have elegant rebuttals.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    @Jarvind @YaeVizsla @Nikoms565 And if you think I am alone in my sentiment go through reddit and watch some YouTubers.

I eagerly await your personal attacks in response to legit criticism. I am sure you will have elegant rebuttals.

Just because people on Reddit and Youtube share your opinion (and that's all it is) doesn't it make it right. As soon as General Skywalker was announced, it was also announced that it would be an "Epic Confrontation" - which meant a 5* unlock, like the previous Epic Confrontation. And stated on October 9th (2 days before the event even dropped. Apparently you chose to ignore those fairly obvious facts and "invested" in getting ready for the event anyway.

When General Skywalker was added to the game, it was obvious he was a 5* unlock due to the "0/145" in player inventory as well.

When the event dropped they even clearly stated that you would need to farm him to 7* after the event.

Since you have played the game for a few years, you realize that 5* characters cannot be brought to g12 or g13, cannot be brought to relic level and cannot be used in certain TB, and raids. Despite knowing all of that - and with no guarantees of how "good" he might be, you spent to get him anyway.

I eagerly await your elegant rationalization in response to legitimate and actual facts.

ETA : None of that is to say that I think 5* unlocks or having to farm GAS from GET1 currency was a good decision. But it's one that should have been considered before blindly spending on the newest flavor of the month.

• Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    @Jarvind @YaeVizsla @Nikoms565 And if you think I am alone in my sentiment go through reddit and watch some YouTubers.

I'd be thrilled to, if you had any "legit criticism." But you don't. All you have is the standard "if you don't agree with me you're wrong" grandstanding.

And I never doubted that many people shared your opinion. The thing about opinions is that they don't magically become correct just because a lot of people share them.

The character was possible to obtain without spending, and they never said he wasn't going to cost GET to get to seven stars. If anything, that should've been expected since they repeatedly referred to the event as a "Malak-type release." Would I prefer it if they were a bit more transparent about new releases? Sure. But they never have been, and there was no reason to expect them to suddenly start doing so now.

You're certainly welcome to stop spending if that makes you feel better, just don't expect anyone to hail you as a hero for it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• PiperElite wrote: »
    This is a pay to win game, don't be naive. You pay to get characters, gear, relics, etc to win and yes to dominate. And comparing to Malak, well CG just gave out unlimited Malak shards, mistake or not.

The advertised this character as "The strongest character in the game", and the equivalent of owning your own "raid" boss. That was a lie.

Also saying you can use him in other places in game is a lie. Anything that requires 7* characters is unusable, which is everything except GW. Lie, lie, lie.

And you resorting to name calling shows defensiveness. Guessing you didn't spend on the character, good for you. You saying people who spend money are fools shows your support for the game(sarcasm) ... with out us you have no game. We fund your experience,

Regardless, this is a pay to win game. Even if I do have to wait a few weeks playing old Hoth TB, I will be in the small group that has him, and those that don't won't be able to beat him easily in GAC or Squad. If it wasn't pay to win, no one, including myself, would buy anything.
    You call me naive, yet you are complaining about being swindled for receiving exactly what you paid for.

No, this game is not pay to win. You cannot buy win. You can buy shards, characters, gear, signal data, crystals. But you cannot buy win. All of those other things? They are advantage. Advantage can be overcome. No matter how much money you spend, you are NEVER entitled to win, because you cannot buy win.

And that's exactly what you're complaining about.

You bought shards and gear and signal data. You even leveraged it to get the new character who is not buyable. But you're complaining that you cannot buy win.

You got the most powerful character in the game. But you have to build him up. This should not be a surprise. This was an epic confrontation. The last one didn't come at seven stars. Neither does this one. This should not be a surprise. And these days even Malak doesn't impress at G11. Instead, he stands there shouting, "Please squish me, old Ani." Why would General Skywalker be any different.

General Skywalker was advertised as the most powerful character in the game. And you know what? HE IS! But you have to build him up first. Some of those resources can be bought. Gear, signal data. But some cannot. GET and zetas. The game doesn't let you pay your way to everything.

You weren't swindled. And if you're upset with anyone, it should be yourself. It's not spending that makes you a fool; it's believing you are owed things for your purchases that are not a part of those purchases.

As to the Malak situation? It was a bug. They happen. They have a compensation plan posted. It's reasonable. Ain't nobody keeping "unlimited" Malak shards. (Which, by the way, were limited.)
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »

You call me naive, yet you are complaining about being swindled for receiving exactly what you paid for.

No, this game is not pay to win. You cannot buy win. You can buy shards, characters, gear, signal data, crystals. But you cannot buy win. All of those other things? They are advantage. Advantage can be overcome. No matter how much money you spend, you are NEVER entitled to win, because you cannot buy win.

You bought shards and gear and signal data. You even leveraged it to get the new character who is not buyable. But you're complaining that you cannot buy win.

You got the most powerful character in the game. But you have to build him up. This should not be a surprise. This was an epic confrontation. The last one didn't come at seven stars. Neither does this one. This should not be a surprise. And these days even Malak doesn't impress at G11. Instead, he stands there shouting, "Please squish me, old Ani." Why would General Skywalker be any different.

General Skywalker was advertised as the most powerful character in the game. And you know what? HE IS! But you have to build him up first. Some of those resources can be bought. Gear, signal data. But some cannot. GET and zetas. The game doesn't let you pay your way to everything.

You weren't swindled. And if you're upset with anyone, it should be yourself. It's not spending that makes you a fool; it's believing you are owed things for your purchases that are not a part of those purchases.

As to the Malak situation? It was a bug. They happen. They have a compensation plan posted. It's reasonable. Ain't nobody keeping "unlimited" Malak shards. (Which, by the way, were limited.)

sorry, not to enter the fray ... but where do you get off? There was no preconceived notion of continuing to to need guild event currency to level up a new toon after this type of unlock, hence the small number of 7* unlocks from the crowd that obtained 5*. Some have pointed to Malak, but he was useful right away at least in arena, ga, gw. Other fun events and character releases have not relied on GET. So just b/c the most recent one did, was it suggested that this is the standard method of unlocks for the future?

also, why does it imply only a 5* unlock just b/c he has 0/145 in the character inventory. Other events have had stages and have had rewards (including gear) as different stages are unlocked.

I thinks more people (or at least me personally) are annoyed that the meta is stale, the player base had received prior suggestions that the GET was to help gear crunch, and that the final product of this event is not really usable for most. He is NOT usable for most. Most anybody that had the toons to unlock him, wont be doing T4 rancor where GAS can be used. he cant be used in top raids, he cant be used in the new light side TB if it matches the geo's requirements, he is not useful in arena, and he may or may not be useful in GA/GW if you were willing to break up your padme and shaak ti teams. By most definitions, this is NOT a useful character

if you were implying he is useful for galactic war, then yes, you are correct. he is useful. he cant even be used in the daily challenges at 5* either.

Im more annoyed that he is a potentially fun character, and he is not usable in a GAME that is meant to be fun. new characters, new metas, new strategies are fun. I would like some way to use him to have fun. delaying his usefulness by several months is not fun.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »

sorry, not to enter the fray ... but where do you get off? There was no preconceived notion of continuing to to need guild event currency to level up a new toon after this type of unlock, hence the small number of 7* unlocks from the crowd that obtained 5*. Some have pointed to Malak, but he was useful right away at least in arena, ga, gw. Other fun events and character releases have not relied on GET. So just b/c the most recent one did, was it suggested that this is the standard method of unlocks for the future?

also, why does it imply only a 5* unlock just b/c he has 0/145 in the character inventory. Other events have had stages and have had rewards (including gear) as different stages are unlocked.

I thinks more people (or at least me personally) are annoyed that the meta is stale, the player base had received prior suggestions that the GET was to help gear crunch, and that the final product of this event is not really usable for most. He is NOT usable for most. Most anybody that had the toons to unlock him, wont be doing T4 rancor where GAS can be used. he cant be used in top raids, he cant be used in the new light side TB if it matches the geo's requirements, he is not useful in arena, and he may or may not be useful in GA/GW if you were willing to break up your padme and shaak ti teams. By most definitions, this is NOT a useful character

if you were implying he is useful for galactic war, then yes, you are correct. he is useful. he cant even be used in the daily challenges at 5* either.

Im more annoyed that he is a potentially fun character, and he is not usable in a GAME that is meant to be fun. new characters, new metas, new strategies are fun. I would like some way to use him to have fun. delaying his usefulness by several months is not fun.

Truth! I am convinced the three above haters work for CG or are just disgruntled F2P a holes. They act like what we are trying to convey is opinion, when it is fact.

Unless they actually bought the character their opinion is worthless. They are the minos we swallow in squad and GAC. Their posts aren't even worth reading. Complete shills.
  • well, i didnt "pay" for him, just used a crap ton of crystals for gear. tbh, i would have needed to use those crystals now or in 5 months to gear them when the event returns given the slow nature of farms and need for that high end gear for all good characters' progression
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    It is true, and has nothing to do about self importance.
    Unless they actually bought the character their opinion is worthless. They are the minos we swallow in squad and GAC. Their posts aren't even worth reading. Complete shills.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• PiperElite wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Truth! I am convinced the three above haters work for CG or are just disgruntled F2P a holes. They act like what we are trying to convey is opinion, when it is fact.

Lol. So the person who said...
    "I eagerly await your personal attacks in response to legit criticism. I am sure you will have elegant rebuttals." resorts to name calling and weak attempts at "spend-shaming" as his 'elegant rebuttals'. That's rich.
    A few quick points (as I grow weary of wasting time) :
    1) I am not f2p and do not work for CG.
    2) I place first in squad arena daily.
    3) The value of your opinion does not change - nor made more or less "correct" - related to how much or how little you spend on the game. In fact, I am more inclined to value a f2p player's opinion (even though I am not one) as more objective as they are not emotionally invested.
    4) I fully realize that you will, due to your extremely over-inflated opinion of yourself, will likely ignore or take more personal shots at anyone who disagrees with your opinion - regardless as to how eloquent or accurate the facts to the contrary are presented.

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Lol the continued insistence that Ganakin is useless in GA and TW.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • sorry, not to enter the fray ... but where do you get off? There was no preconceived notion of continuing to to need guild event currency to level up a new toon after this type of unlock, hence the small number of 7* unlocks from the crowd that obtained 5*. Some have pointed to Malak, but he was useful right away at least in arena, ga, gw. Other fun events and character releases have not relied on GET. So just b/c the most recent one did, was it suggested that this is the standard method of unlocks for the future?

We had one Epic Confrontation before General Skywalker. That was Darth Malak. A five-star unlock who cost GET to build farther. That's the only model for Epic Confrontations we had to that point. The possibility that General Skywalker would cost GET was pretty obvious. I for one hoped it wouldn't be the case, but the possibility immediately occurred to me on announcement, as it did to everyone I talk to on Discord, and it was not a surprise.

Throughout the life of the game, we've had a lot of characters. Some come online early, like 3PO who barely cares about gear or Nihilus who is mainly there for Annihilate which kills just the same at four stars. Some come online late, like Holdo who had a much more limited presence because she took G12 and a zeta to really work against Nightmare meta and hardly anyone had given her a chance before it was too late for her to be useful in arena, or the most extreme example General Grievous who goes from being completely useless at G12 baseline to being one of the most dangerous units in the game at G13. Attackers in particular are known for coming online late. And right now, the definition of "late" has become significantly later with the advent of relics.

That General Skywalker needs to be significantly invested to perform well is not unprecedented. It's not false advertising, or lies, or swindling. It shouldn't even be surprising.

Frustrated with the stale arena?

Right now, the following teams can reasonably hit the top of the arena:

Drevalak. Padme. Shaak Troopers. Grievous nuke. Kevan. And yes, General Skywalker. This is the most diverse the arena's been in a very long time, and the fact that the newest unit is poised to slowly integrate into the meta is overall healthier for the meta than something like the Kevan release or the Malak release that just blew up the meta overnight. I was frustrated with mirror metas, so I invested in a Padme team even though I unlocked Malak first. Now I'm doing better than I ever have in arena and I'm enjoying arena far more than when I was locked in mirror meta. Don't like the current meta? Run something different. You have that freedom.

A freedom that wouldn't work so well if General Skywalker blew up the meta at five stars then got worse when reliced.
    Still not a he.