Kit Reveal: General Skywalker

1234568Next

Replies

• YaeVizsla wrote: »
    sorry, not to enter the fray ... but where do you get off? There was no preconceived notion of continuing to to need guild event currency to level up a new toon after this type of unlock, hence the small number of 7* unlocks from the crowd that obtained 5*. Some have pointed to Malak, but he was useful right away at least in arena, ga, gw. Other fun events and character releases have not relied on GET. So just b/c the most recent one did, was it suggested that this is the standard method of unlocks for the future?

also, why does it imply only a 5* unlock just b/c he has 0/145 in the character inventory. Other events have had stages and have had rewards (including gear) as different stages are unlocked.

I thinks more people (or at least me personally) are annoyed that the meta is stale, the player base had received prior suggestions that the GET was to help gear crunch, and that the final product of this event is not really usable for most. He is NOT usable for most. Most anybody that had the toons to unlock him, wont be doing T4 rancor where GAS can be used. he cant be used in top raids, he cant be used in the new light side TB if it matches the geo's requirements, he is not useful in arena, and he may or may not be useful in GA/GW if you were willing to break up your padme and shaak ti teams. By most definitions, this is NOT a useful character

if you were implying he is useful for galactic war, then yes, you are correct. he is useful. he cant even be used in the daily challenges at 5* either.

Im more annoyed that he is a potentially fun character, and he is not usable in a GAME that is meant to be fun. new characters, new metas, new strategies are fun. I would like some way to use him to have fun. delaying his usefulness by several months is not fun.
    We had one Epic Confrontation before General Skywalker. That was Darth Malak. A five-star unlock who cost GET to build farther. That's the only model for Epic Confrontations we had to that point. The possibility that General Skywalker would cost GET was pretty obvious. I for one hoped it wouldn't be the case, but the possibility immediately occurred to me on announcement, as it did to everyone I talk to on Discord, and it was not a surprise.

Throughout the life of the game, we've had a lot of characters. Some come online early, like 3PO who barely cares about gear or Nihilus who is mainly there for Annihilate which kills just the same at four stars. Some come online late, like Holdo who had a much more limited presence because she took G12 and a zeta to really work against Nightmare meta and hardly anyone had given her a chance before it was too late for her to be useful in arena, or the most extreme example General Grievous who goes from being completely useless at G12 baseline to being one of the most dangerous units in the game at G13. Attackers in particular are known for coming online late. And right now, the definition of "late" has become significantly later with the advent of relics.

That General Skywalker needs to be significantly invested to perform well is not unprecedented. It's not false advertising, or lies, or swindling. It shouldn't even be surprising.

Frustrated with the stale arena?

Right now, the following teams can reasonably hit the top of the arena:

Drevalak. Padme. Shaak Troopers. Grievous nuke. Kevan. And yes, General Skywalker. This is the most diverse the arena's been in a very long time, and the fact that the newest unit is poised to slowly integrate into the meta is overall healthier for the meta than something like the Kevan release or the Malak release that just blew up the meta overnight. I was frustrated with mirror metas, so I invested in a Padme team even though I unlocked Malak first. Now I'm doing better than I ever have in arena and I'm enjoying arena far more than when I was locked in mirror meta. Don't like the current meta? Run something different. You have that freedom.

A freedom that wouldn't work so well if General Skywalker blew up the meta at five stars then got worse when reliced.

You have a very nicely outlined statement. I am not suggesting that I want 1 dominant meta. I think with the introduction of relics, which I personally did not like so soon after g13 (it did not add "fun", just added more gear grind), the meta was getting to be a rock paper scissors btwn jka, dr, padme, gg etc

I am more frustrated by the lack of "fun" I can now have w/ GAS. With GAC, using WAT or dooku in novel teams is fun and frustrating and creates strategy, theorizing, etc. B/C of geo TB, I leveled toons I would not have otherwise and realized they were fun, powerful or had to face them in GAC, etc. with GAS, I am not sure when the announcement for the "type" of release he would be, but we were told previously that GET was for helping with the gear crunch and their announcement was certainly not soon enough to really allow for saving of the currency to get GAS to 7 star for most of us. Hence the low number of people with 7 stars. Other explanations -- people stopped playing the game, he was harder to get, etc are all fine and may be true, but the likely answer for the difference from how many GAS are unlocked compared to 7 stars is likely b/c most did not horde GET

I am frustrated b/c the new geo TB awards less GET than the old one. This is annoying. this creates a scenario where people are not rewarded for doing the new content to get the newest toon. I can not think of a good reason for this.

I am also frustrated that GAS at 5 star is not that useful imo. I am presuming that to obtain him you had high level padme and droids, this would suggest you have a fairly advanced roster. If others disagree, please put him on defense again when facing me. My g12.5 cls, han, chewie, r2 and barriss ate him up paired w/ g13 clones where as my team could not beat shaaki ti lead clones. Currently he makes shaaki-ti lead clones or padme with jka/ashoka etc both worse, again IMO. Shaakti lead allows for regen health/protection to allow more points on offense in GAC --> he is not really useful currently for the modes most of us want to play in -- GA, arena, TW, TB etc and he cant be used in sith raid. He did not complete or create a new team, he added an additional player to a couple possible squads and kicked out another toon people were already leveling (clone sarge for most people) until they release Arc tropper. For less advanced rosters, he may be a great addition, but again, most of those that obtained him in my arena shard, guild, etc (and by CGs own suggestion) had g13's with relics etc. This suggests an advanced roster.

I dont need him to beat everybody at 5 star, it would have been nice if he was useful to beat the current meta at a level most could have obtained him or the even rewarded some gear etc. Or, CG could have given us a couple weeks notice that we needed GET, could have made geo TB rewards equal GET, etc.

I cant even really test him out b/c they made galactic war so useless with boring, low geared teams it is not even fun or a realistic way to "practice" using him

any number of things could have seemed to ease some of the frustration of getting him at lower gear,having a harder time getting currency to get him to high gear, having the high gear requirements to level him, not really adding any change to the meta for most shards etc.

I was able to earn a new toy that seems to be fun to play with ... and I have to wait a couple months to really play fully with that toy b/c my guild is doing the new content CG put out.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    but we were told previously that GET was for helping with the gear crunch

Has anybody yet come up with a cite for this?
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    but we were told previously that GET was for helping with the gear crunch

Has anybody yet come up with a cite for this?

Pretty sure this is one of those things that people just started saying inside their own heads and then forgot it wasn't real. The closest thing I've seen is a Q&A response where they said it was "a hard decision" to put more characters in GET. Which is a long way from "we will absolutely never put more characters in the GET store because we want you to use it for gear."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    It's easier to get mad if you make something up to get mad about.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • anakin need reduced from percent health damage effect. the only shortcoming is this.
    reminds me of darth revan, (revan need malak or dr meta trash). really anakin need reduced rom percent healt h damage effect
  • Soo.... I guess quitting the game is the only option left, huh? Great move, people want new content, you instead break the game further. Your greed is like a black hole, and you're user base is going to look like that soon enough - nothing will be left. I'm just waiting for the dev note that says, "We've taken all your money and run to the Bahamas, there will be no further updates. As a parting gift, we've left you with the chance to unlock Jedi Luke once you have every single toon and ship to 7* - our bank accounts are still active, spend away losers!"
  • Anakin does not need reduced percent health damage. He's already very powerful. Having some weaknesses is fine and good.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Anakin does not need reduced percent health damage. He's already very powerful. Having some weaknesses is fine and good.

He needs both a nerf and a buff though.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Pardon me if it has, but: Has the interaction between GS and Nightsisters already been discussed? How does "no revives" vs. "zombie revive can't be prevented" get resolved? (My guess is that Zombie can come back, but her friends can't. Is that an accurate guess?)
  • Tryxa wrote: »
    Pardon me if it has, but: Has the interaction between GS and Nightsisters already been discussed? How does "no revives" vs. "zombie revive can't be prevented" get resolved? (My guess is that Zombie can come back, but her friends can't. Is that an accurate guess?)

yes
  • Can someone explain to me why GAS was going first against my Sith empire squad that had toons at least 40spd faster?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Naminef wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me why GAS was going first against my Sith empire squad that had toons at least 40spd faster?

Rex
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Can someone explain to me why GAS was going first against my Sith empire squad that had toons at least 40spd faster?
    7gzq9q3f6cta.png

Rex goes first and gives GAS +30% TM
  • Rex wasnt going first though.
  • Naminef wrote: »
    Rex wasnt going first though.

Then you need to explain what happened, because we have no information to help you with.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Rex also gives +4% speed to everyone per 501st ally. For a full squad that's +20% speed.
  • TVF wrote: »

Rex also gives +4% speed to everyone per 501st ally. For a full squad that's +20% speed.

Thanks. That makes the math work.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Rex also makes the rest of the squad feel bad about themselves but we don't need to talk about that.