May road ahead?

Replies

• Options
    In all honesty, I feel like there is probably nothing they can say that will live up to the anticipation or defuse the negativity in these forums. If it contains one new thing I can do in the immediate future, I'm ready to be thoroughly whelmed and maybe even slightly gruntled.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Macgruber wrote: »
    Sounds like to me all we get are excuses. We are almost 6 months into the year and all we have for a major content update is something 1% of players can experience. The q&a was just excuse after excuse as well. Not good.

it sounds like all we are getting is regurgitated inaccurate statements about events and other things that have been added to the game.

Well it’s not too far off. For the year there has been the GL’s, the 3 mando characters and the challenge tiers of the assault battles. That really is it.

And to say that the pandemic has caused mass chaos....it surely hasn’t helped but when there has been very little so far this year after promises of more content...thats not good. It’s not a false statement either. In 2019 they acknowledged their shortcomings In terms of meaningful content and promised to rectify that in 2020, as soon as the first quarter. I wouldn’t call the GL’s meaningful content since the majority of the player base has no access to them. So to date all we’ve gotten are marquee mando characters (one of which isn’t very useful since her kit is anti empire), and the challenge tiers. That’s not better than the previous year and isn’t fulfilling their promises of more meaningful content.

When a company makes a promise, they have plans and goals and ways to meet those goals. If they made empty promises and then scrambled to figure that out, again that’s bad on them. Not on the community they made promises to, now expecting them to fulfill those promises.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    BeralCator wrote: »
    In all honesty, I feel like there is probably nothing they can say that will live up to the anticipation or defuse the negativity in these forums. If it contains one new thing I can do in the immediate future, I'm ready to be thoroughly whelmed and maybe even slightly gruntled.

There’s actually plenty they could’ve done. Some of which they said no to because of “too expansive”.
    A rework of the GR Jedi and Mace would’ve made people very happy because it would’ve not only given KAM a solid team to be in, but a useable team for LS Geo jedi nodes.
    QoL updates would’ve made people very happy.
    A new raid would’ve made people very happy.
    New tiers to the daily challenges would make people very happy.
    New nodes on the PVE tables would’ve made people very happy.
    A sandbox mode would’ve made people very happy.
    A rework of the HSTR reward ladder would make people very happy.
    A simmable HAAT would’ve made people very happy.
    New legendaries would make people very happy.
    Even a vehicle mode would make people happy.

Those are just a few things they could do that would make the community very happy actually.
  • TVF
    36767 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, no. The community would just complain about the thing they got because it was too hard or too easy or took too much effort or didn't take enough effort or wasn't fair or [pick any other bingo card entry you like].

That's not to say they shouldn't do more. They should. But claiming things will "make people very happy" is false when applied to the people that post here.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

There’s actually plenty they could’ve done. Some of which they said no to because of “too expansive”.
    A rework of the GR Jedi and Mace would’ve made people very happy because it would’ve not only given KAM a solid team to be in, but a useable team for LS Geo jedi nodes.

Those are just a few things they could do that would make the community very happy actually.

They've already said no (or ignored questions entirely) to most of those things. I think only vehicles, legendaries, and some QoL is still on the table.

Short of backtracking on previous statements entirely, in all honesty, I feel like there is probably nothing they can say that will live up to the anticipation or defuse the negativity in these forums.

Better?
  • Turasleon
    179 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Yeah, no. The community would just complain about the thing they got because it was too hard or too easy or took too much effort or didn't take enough effort or wasn't fair or [pick any other bingo card entry you like].

That's not to say they shouldn't do more. They should. But claiming things will "make people very happy" is false when applied to the people that post here.

If I could like this post multiple times I would. Spot on.
  • Options
    cml67 wrote: »
    When can we expect the road ahead?

Soon as the art department is ready we'll get it. Cause, well.... art department
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    May 29th

I have it on good authority that no, this is not correct.

So what is? Don't be like them and actually tell us something. Or should we just keep guessing until only one date is left?
  • Turasleon
    179 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    May 29th

So what is? Don't be like them and actually tell us something. Or should we just keep guessing until only one date is left?

You know he's just the moderator right? He gets slightly more information from time to time and that's it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    May 29th

If I had something more solid I was allowed to post, I would have. I dont have a date, they dont give us that level of detail until its literally ready to go out, and even then if we get it, its a few day range.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Turasleon wrote: »
    May 29th

You know he's just the moderator right? He gets slightly more information from time to time and that's it.

Do you really think that all the information he got this time was "It's not coming May 29th"? He probably got at least some information concerning the timing...
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    May 29th

Do you really think that all the information he got this time was "It's not coming May 29th"? He probably got at least some information concerning the timing...

yeah, soon. scroll up for deets
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Turasleon
    179 posts Member
    Options
    May 29th

Well yeah, that's why I said he gets slightly more information. He said earlier in the thread he doesn't know exactly when it's dropping, just that he has it on good authority it isn't on the 29th.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2944 posts Member
    Options
    All these threads could be avoided if they would just communicate regularly. Sure, people would still complain about stuff(raises hand), but communication wouldn’t be one of them. I have complaints about MSF and DSA as well, but they communicate quite regularly while updating their games, so communication isn’t one of them. CG has built a great game, which is why a lot of people are still here...but it’s currently withering on the vine.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    All these threads could be avoided if they would just communicate regularly. Sure, people would still complain about stuff(raises hand), but communication wouldn’t be one of them. I have complaints about MSF and DSA as well, but they communicate quite regularly while updating their games, so communication isn’t one of them. CG has built a great game, which is why a lot of people are still here...but it’s currently withering on the vine.

we have been getting regular monthly updates and others here and there in between with the game updates. Also different games in different stages of their "life" all act differently, wouldn't you agree?

If right now they dont have an update, I'm not sure why saying that would make this less of a "withering", when they are working on an update that will come at a later point.

I guess my point is, saying we dont have an update right now would basically cause the same level of "upset" as right now, maybe just in a slightly different (but still some overlapping) segment of the community.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

You’re always going to have the naysayers. Bu their complaints would hold no value or grounds to even be said if CG actually did something.

You even said they need to do more, and said this forum is a small sample of the player base as not nearly everyone uses the forums. So you’ll have a couple people that always complain, that’s in every game. But you get more complaints when CG has been doing what they’ve been for several months. Nothing.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

They've already said no (or ignored questions entirely) to most of those things. I think only vehicles, legendaries, and some QoL is still on the table.

Short of backtracking on previous statements entirely, in all honesty, I feel like there is probably nothing they can say that will live up to the anticipation or defuse the negativity in these forums.

Better?

Well that’s my point. All that I listed would make people happy in some form or another to some degree. Maybe not everyone would be “very happy”, but the majority of those posting here regularly, like myself, who are in between and moderate with CG, would be happy that they’re trying. They’re engaged. Right now the disconnect feels worse than ever. You’ll always have the naysayers no matter what but it’s made worse when they say no, cry poor, promise something awesome and wait as long as possible to tell the community what is.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

MSF communicates well? and swgoh is (still) dying lol
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

No and I’ll be direct with you as well.

How do you feel the game is right now. I don’t think it’s dying but it’s very stale with the lack of content the last several months. How do you feel?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2944 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

we have been getting regular monthly updates and others here and there in between with the game updates. Also different games in different stages of their "life" all act differently, wouldn't you agree?

If right now they dont have an update, I'm not sure why saying that would make this less of a "withering", when they are working on an update that will come at a later point.

I guess my point is, saying we dont have an update right now would basically cause the same level of "upset" as right now, maybe just in a slightly different (but still some overlapping) segment of the community.

Yes, I would agree about acting differently, however, THIS game claimed to have a 5 year plan less then a year ago, so I dont understand what the hold up in content is. As other posters have pointed out, they have acknowledged their lack of content LAST YEAR. We are approaching June with really nothing to show for the last six months and really no communication as to WHY that is.

MSF does communicate well and I didnt say that SWGOH is dying, but in a bad spot...like withering on a vine.
  • Spkoli
    43 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

MSF does communicate well and I didnt say that SWGOH is dying, but in a bad spot...like withering on a vine.

If the mobile gaming industry was the Oregon Trail. CG seems like it is taking the path that leads to dysentery.....
  • TVF
    36767 posts Member
    Options
    All these threads could be avoided if they would just communicate regularly.

Carrie says "Hi there! Remember me? Remember how much I communicated, and how many threads people made to complain about the things I communicated?"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    I swear this is the most communicative CG has been since I've been playing this game. We get State of the Galaxies and Q&As. We were told the Road Ahead would come in May, we're only two weeks in, and people are already complaining.

You literally can't win with this community.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2944 posts Member
    Options

Carrie says "Hi there! Remember me? Remember how much I communicated, and how many threads people made to complain about the things I communicated?"

About the THINGS she communicated, not that she didnt communicate..there is a difference. Read the rest of the original quote.
  • cournojo
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Correct I did say that last week......

No news I can share right now, sorry. I literally ping him ever morning when we approach these updates.... "soon" is probably the most apt term right now.

It is so sad. Clearly the focus at CG is not put toward this game and you guys are not able to provide your player anything for a looooooooooooong time. This game is dying :(
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    cournojo wrote: »
    Correct I did say that last week......

No news I can share right now, sorry. I literally ping him ever morning when we approach these updates.... "soon" is probably the most apt term right now.

This game is dying :(

Hey look - yet another thing I've been hearing in the 4 years I've been playing this game
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

No and I’ll be direct with you as well.

How do you feel the game is right now. I don’t think it’s dying but it’s very stale with the lack of content the last several months. How do you feel?

I feel fine. Waiting for the new vehicle (NO NOT VEHICLES) that will allow them to spit out content quickly as they have stated. WOrking on GL's in the meantime. edit: ngl, pretty disappointed that raid isn't about to drop

Yes, I would agree about acting differently, however, THIS game claimed to have a 5 year plan less then a year ago, so I dont understand what the hold up in content is. As other posters have pointed out, they have acknowledged their lack of content LAST YEAR. We are approaching June with really nothing to show for the last six months and really no communication as to WHY that is.

oh, withering not dying. alright

About the THINGS she communicated, not that she didnt communicate..there is a difference. Read the rest of the original quote.

what are the things she communicated? How was communication better then? serious q