May road ahead?

Replies

• Options
    One thing I think we can all agree on (even @Kyno ) is that even after CG acknowledged that 2019 was not a good year for content we are almost 6 months into this year and still have no content.

Discontentment will continue to rise from players until A. It’s fixed or B. Players start to quit.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Branmark wrote: »
    The have never been good at communication and they will never be good at communication. They have taken the player base for granted thus the lack of playable content. If I was actively working or associated with this game I be ashamed and embarrassed by the lack of content put out by a game going on what 3 or 4 years now. There is no excuse for it and any attempt by those to say "oh well plans change and things come up" is being intellectually lazy and dishonest. Truly embarrassing.

If you worked in the industry you would have a whole new prospective on what you are talking about that I'm betting you would feel very differently than you think.

Needing to be a part of something in order to criticise it is a fallacy.
    Sure people are adding more than they need to about how CG should feel about their own performance. But CG should feel bad tbh, so far this year they have lied by setting up false ideas about how much content we would be getting and they have STILL not touched their dev tracker

when did I say you need to be part of it to criticize it?

Please read my statement again.

Who says they dont feel bad? Who says they are the ones that are in total control about what is said? Who says they dont wish they could make things more than what they are, or improve them many times over?

Bringing into this conversation things that most if not all of the people here to know nothing about (i.e.- their feelings), is not only wrong and not necessary, it is in no way constructive to the conversation at hand.

and, no they haven't lied.

So you modify Lysandrax post and then reply to it... Are you constructing your own conversation?

I wrote my own bleeped swear word which he took out for some reason.
    That's all, nothing nefarious.

Beyond that we just disagree about CGs accountability.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    The have never been good at communication and they will never be good at communication. They have taken the player base for granted thus the lack of playable content. If I was actively working or associated with this game I be ashamed and embarrassed by the lack of content put out by a game going on what 3 or 4 years now. There is no excuse for it and any attempt by those to say "oh well plans change and things come up" is being intellectually lazy and dishonest. Truly embarrassing.

If you worked in the industry you would have a whole new prospective on what you are talking about that I'm betting you would feel very differently than you think.

https://www.marvelstrikeforce.com/en/updates

Looks like they are having a really difficult time communicating.(note the sarcasm)

Also, your whole, “I suspect you’re not here to make a point” thing seems rather rude, no?

I agree. Especially for someone who is here to moderate the forums, it’s extremely rude and inappropriate to be rudely trolling members.
  • TVF
    36746 posts Member
    Options

Sure people are adding more than they need to about how CG should feel about their own performance. But CG should feel bad tbh, so far this year they have lied by setting up false ideas about how much content we would be getting and they have STILL not touched their dev tracker

Who says they dont feel bad? Who says they are the ones that are in total control about what is said? Who says they dont wish they could make things more than what they are, or improve them many times over?

Bringing into this conversation things that most if not all of the people here to know nothing about (i.e.- their feelings), is not only wrong and not necessary, it is in no way constructive to the conversation at hand.

So you modify Lysandrax post and then reply to it... Are you constructing your own conversation?

The "some reason" is a rule.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Correct I removed a single word of profanity.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

See ^^^^

We are allowed to disagree and still be civil.

Also, self-censorship is against the Forum Guidelines, just FYI.
  • Options
    and maybe this is the bigger problem you people worry more about self censorship or heaven forbid a swear word that is against a Guideline instead of working to try and get us some real info or heaven forbid real content
    maybe the forum police should work on the game and the games content creators should be demoted to forum police that way we get either content or get to truly express how we feel about poorly this year has been handled
  • Options
    The idea that players will always find something to complain about is so absurd. Who complained about Mando? Who complained about GAC? Widely enjoyed. Sure, with every new thing they do, there won’t be universal love. But what gets that? There’s so many people who don’t get on the forums (me included, first time) that don’t ever complain about this game. I never say anything anywhere. But man, you guys are defending CG pretty hard. They released one piece of actual playable content in like 7 months, and what, 2% of the player base can actually play it? Then they released the mando characters who everybody loved, we gave them credit because they were actually somewhat playable f2p initially. But then they do things like release rebel roundups right before we can unlock mando. Why? Regardless of whose fault it is, we haven’t gotten much from this game lately and have had pretty limited information (other than them telling us all the things they weren’t going to do), and at the end of the day, CG’s name is in the load screen. The biggest “gripe” in this game is people want stuff to do. That seems like a big failure for a game maker, to not have very many things to do. It’s the whole point of the game
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Options
    and maybe this is the bigger problem you people worry more about self censorship or heaven forbid a swear word that is against a Guideline instead of working to try and get us some real info or heaven forbid real content
    maybe the forum police should work on the game and the games content creators should be demoted to forum police that way we get either content or get to truly express how we feel about poorly this year has been handled

I am a volunteer and have no access to more information than I have already stated, that I can speak to in a more direct way. The moderators main job is to enforce the Forum Guidelines.

So maybe the bigger problem is your misunderstanding of the situation at hand regarding issues of Guideline violations.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • TVF
    36746 posts Member
    Options
    Who complained about GAC?

Lol.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

I am a volunteer and have no access to information. [...]
    Legend91 wrote: »
    May 29th

I have it on good authority that no, this is not correct.

Interesting.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I am a volunteer and have no access to information. The moderators main job is to enforce the Forum Guidelines.

So maybe the bigger problem is your misunderstanding of the situation at hand regarding issues of Guideline violations.

No access to information? I thought you spoke to the devs regularly and they sometimes do share information with you that you sometimes, but usually don’t share with us?

Can you see that the waters might be a little muddy when it comes to your role here and what people think.

Fixed it for you.

I am a volunteer and have no access to more information than I have already stated, that I can speak to in a more direct way. The moderators main job is to enforce the Forum Guidelines.

May 29th

Interesting.

Fixed it.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    No communication this week? Sounds about right

Was there supposed to be any?

Should there have been any?
    Answer: yes

Subjective

Really? I disagree.
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options

I am a volunteer and have no access to information. The moderators main job is to enforce the Forum Guidelines.

No access to information? I thought you spoke to the devs regularly and they sometimes do share information with you that you sometimes, but usually don’t share with us?

Can you see that the waters might be a little muddy when it comes to your role here and what people think.

Fixed it for you.

May 29th

Interesting.

Fixed it.

Thanks for fixing that, but still clear as mud.

I guess my takeaway from this is that sometimes you are a conduit of information between us and the devs.

I’m looking forward to the road ahead and what’s coming in the near future.

Why would they tell Kyno (or any forum moderator) anything of substance as it relates to the game? It's not his responsibility to release information.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Who complained about GAC?

Lol.

200.gif

Fixed it for you.

May 29th

Interesting.

Fixed it.

I guess my takeaway from this is that sometimes you are a conduit of information between us and the devs.

it's not that difficult. Kyno is not an official conduit but can sometimes get us some info.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Iy4oy4s
    2944 posts Member
    Options

Fixed it for you.

May 29th

Interesting.

Fixed it.

Why would they tell Kyno (or any forum moderator) anything of substance as it relates to the game? It's not his responsibility to release information.

Why? No idea

Does it happen? Yes

This is a sign of a community manager that is not managing the community.
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options

Fixed it for you.

May 29th

Interesting.

Fixed it.

Why? No idea

Does it happen? Yes

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't think of one occasion where Kyno broke information to the community. He might ping Crumb, but so can anyone else in the forum. If it doesn't mean we get legit info, what good is it doing other than muddying the communication waters?
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options

Fixed it for you.

May 29th

Interesting.

Fixed it.

Why? No idea

Does it happen? Yes

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't think of one occasion where Kyno broke information to the community. He might ping Crumb, but so can anyone else in the forum. If it doesn't mean we get legit info, what good is it doing other than muddying the communication waters?

Just today he said he got info from the devs and posted that info regarding the wat/3po/hoda issue.

And yeah, I believe I said it does muddy the waters.

ok, I guess reporting bugs/exploits to the Devs and hearing back from them technically counts as substantive, I was leaning more toward the thread topic of the Road Ahead and content releases. CG seems to be concerned about leaks, or at least that seems to be one narrative. Why would they tell someone who doesn't technically work for them anything about content coming to the game? If nothing else, it could potentially give that person an unfair advantage if they play the game...
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

Fixed it for you.

May 29th

Interesting.

Fixed it.

Why? No idea

Does it happen? Yes

Just today he said he got info from the devs and posted that info regarding the wat/3po/hoda issue.

giving info is muddying the waters? hmm
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options

Fixed it for you.

May 29th

Interesting.

Fixed it.

Why? No idea

Does it happen? Yes

ok, I guess reporting bugs/exploits to the Devs and hearing back from them technically counts as substantive, I was leaning more toward the thread topic of the Road Ahead and content releases. CG seems to be concerned about leaks, or at least that seems to be one narrative. Why would they tell someone who doesn't technically work for them anything about content coming to the game? If nothing else, it could potentially give that person an unfair advantage if they play the game...

Ok thanks for clarifying and I believe he absolutely shouldn’t get game info, especially something that will be included in the Road Ahead. Yet, just a few days ago Kyno said something to the effect of, we aren’t going to hear what we want or expect, implying he did receive some type of information on at least a general idea of what’s coming in the Road Ahead.

I saw that as well and I don't think it's appropriate for CG to give advance knowledge of game content to a non-employee unless it's a reviewer or promoter to use for marketing.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

Fixed it for you.

May 29th

Interesting.

Fixed it.

Why? No idea

Does it happen? Yes

giving info is muddying the waters? hmm

If you don’t think the communication waters are muddied, just from today alone, then you’ll never see it.

I saw many people go nuts over a 4am reddit post on a saturday, then get told again and again the truth, then get told ***OFFICIAL***-ly what anyone who looked for 5 seconds knew. Maybe some people's brains are just mud, idk
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Fixed it for you.

May 29th

Interesting.

Fixed it.

You can take any clarity issues up with Crumb.
    When we get information we try to share what we can. But I cannot just go get more information.

My job is to enforce the Forum Guidelines, suggesting I go get more information than I already have and not do that is not how things work.
  • Options
    @Kyno are you really just a volunteer like you said previously? If so, my hat is off to you. You’ve been around a long time to not be a compensated employee if I’m understanding that right. This more just for my curiosity than anything. I sincerely believe a moderator shouldn’t have to take the brunt of player frustration, that’s the community managers job. At least you are very responsive.