ZAP wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    and maybe this is the bigger problem you people worry more about self censorship or heaven forbid a swear word that is against a Guideline instead of working to try and get us some real info or heaven forbid real content
    maybe the forum police should work on the game and the games content creators should be demoted to forum police that way we get either content or get to truly express how we feel about poorly this year has been handled

I am a volunteer and have no access to information. The moderators main job is to enforce the Forum Guidelines.

So maybe the bigger problem is your misunderstanding of the situation at hand regarding issues of Guideline violations.

No access to information? I thought you spoke to the devs regularly and they sometimes do share information with you that you sometimes, but usually don’t share with us?

Can you see that the waters might be a little muddy when it comes to your role here and what people think.

Fixed it for you.
    and maybe this is the bigger problem you people worry more about self censorship or heaven forbid a swear word that is against a Guideline instead of working to try and get us some real info or heaven forbid real content
    maybe the forum police should work on the game and the games content creators should be demoted to forum police that way we get either content or get to truly express how we feel about poorly this year has been handled

I am a volunteer and have no access to more information than I have already stated, that I can speak to in a more direct way. The moderators main job is to enforce the Forum Guidelines.

So maybe the bigger problem is your misunderstanding of the situation at hand regarding issues of Guideline violations.
    Legend91 wrote: »

I am a volunteer and have no access to information. [...]
    May 29th

I have it on good authority that no, this is not correct.

Interesting.

Fixed it.

Thanks for fixing that, but still clear as mud.

I guess my takeaway from this is that sometimes you are a conduit of information between us and the devs.

I’m looking forward to the road ahead and what’s coming in the near future.

Why would they tell Kyno (or any forum moderator) anything of substance as it relates to the game? It's not his responsibility to release information.

Why? No idea

Does it happen? Yes

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't think of one occasion where Kyno broke information to the community. He might ping Crumb, but so can anyone else in the forum. If it doesn't mean we get legit info, what good is it doing other than muddying the communication waters?

Just today he said he got info from the devs and posted that info regarding the wat/3po/hoda issue.

And yeah, I believe I said it does muddy the waters.

giving info is muddying the waters? hmm

If you don’t think the communication waters are muddied, just from today alone, then you’ll never see it.

I saw many people go nuts over a 4am reddit post on a saturday, then get told again and again the truth, then get told ***OFFICIAL***-ly what anyone who looked for 5 seconds knew. Maybe some people's brains are just mud, idk

Completely disagree

All that nonsense on reddit that spilled into these forums could have easily been avoided with one sentence from CG in the last 4.5 months.

Easy button
    here's one, not searching for more.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/222237/wat-hoda-3po-gac-issue/p1
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

I am a volunteer and have no access to information. The moderators main job is to enforce the Forum Guidelines.

No access to information? I thought you spoke to the devs regularly and they sometimes do share information with you that you sometimes, but usually don’t share with us?

Can you see that the waters might be a little muddy when it comes to your role here and what people think.

Fixed it for you.

I am a volunteer and have no access to more information than I have already stated, that I can speak to in a more direct way. The moderators main job is to enforce the Forum Guidelines.

May 29th

Interesting.

Fixed it.

I guess my takeaway from this is that sometimes you are a conduit of information between us and the devs.

Why would they tell Kyno (or any forum moderator) anything of substance as it relates to the game? It's not his responsibility to release information.

Why? No idea

Does it happen? Yes

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't think of one occasion where Kyno broke information to the community. He might ping Crumb, but so can anyone else in the forum. If it doesn't mean we get legit info, what good is it doing other than muddying the communication waters?

Just today he said he got info from the devs and posted that info regarding the wat/3po/hoda issue.

If you don’t think the communication waters are muddied, just from today alone, then you’ll never see it.

I saw many people go nuts over a 4am reddit post on a saturday, then get told again and again the truth, then get told ***OFFICIAL***-ly what anyone who looked for 5 seconds knew. Maybe some people's brains are just mud, idk

Completely disagree

All that nonsense on reddit that spilled into these forums could have easily been avoided with one sentence from CG in the last 4.5 months.

Easy button
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/222237/wat-hoda-3po-gac-issue/p1

Not sure what you're pointing out here.

The comment from Crumb was 4.5 months ago and all it told us was that the problem had been escalated and we have heard nothing before today. What Crumb said today probably should have been communicated before GAC started, maybe in the Dev tracker.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

Fixed it for you.

May 29th

Interesting.

Fixed it.

Why? No idea

Does it happen? Yes

Completely disagree

Easy button

Oh the one post that says he’ll escalate the issue for review and confirmation and then nothing until all the confusion and misinformation blew up today?

Yeah, I’m saying one confirmation sentence since then, in the last 4.5 months would have stopped all the nonsense today.

You think they’re great at handling these issues and it’s just all the players fault for being confused and I completely disagree. One thing that is a fact, lots of players were confused today about something that should have never been confusing or even an issue.

Crumb thought it was enough of an issue today to actually post about it, on a Saturday no less.

I think what about what now? idk if there ever was a follow up since jan, like I said I looked quick and saw that. They probably didn't make a post (if they didn't) bc it wasn't an issue. I have no problem with them saying "btw, this still isn't an issue" and I'm pretty sure I didn't defend them not saying anything (I assume) until now, when everyone freaked out over a reddit post that didn't even say the person was banned. Now someone posted another reddit post that actually says op was banned, which, according to CG now, isn't a thing anyway. Pointing out that people were freaking out over something that wasn't "STILL BROKEN!!!!" isn't defending anyone afaict

agree 100% with bolded
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options

Fixed it for you.

May 29th

Interesting.

Fixed it.

Why? No idea

Does it happen? Yes

Completely disagree

Easy button

Oh the one post that says he’ll escalate the issue for review and confirmation and then nothing until all the confusion and misinformation blew up today?

Yeah, I’m saying one confirmation sentence since then, in the last 4.5 months would have stopped all the nonsense today.

You think they’re great at handling these issues and it’s just all the players fault for being confused and I completely disagree. One thing that is a fact, lots of players were confused today about something that should have never been confusing or even an issue.

Crumb thought it was enough of an issue today to actually post about it, on a Saturday no less.

Frantically searches for more....
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options

Fixed it for you.

May 29th

Interesting.

Fixed it.

You can take any clarity issues up with Crumb.
    When we get information we try to share what we can. But I cannot just go get more information.

My job is to enforce the Forum Guidelines, suggesting I go get more information than I already have and not do that is not how things work.

Do you have any info about the Road Ahead to contribute or not? Trying to steer this back on topic...
  • Options
    As a person who sits at a computer all day for work, I don’t feel like “the pandemic” is an excuse for people who sit around at a computer all day to not do things.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    As a person who sits at a computer all day for work, I don’t feel like “the pandemic” is an excuse for people who sit around at a computer all day to not do things.

Maybe they left their one computer in the office and can't retrieve it under the lockdown?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

Fixed it for you.

May 29th

Interesting.

Fixed it.

Why? No idea

Does it happen? Yes

Completely disagree

Easy button

I think what about what now? idk if there ever was a follow up since jan, like I said I looked quick and saw that. They probably didn't make a post (if they didn't) bc it wasn't an issue. I have no problem with them saying "btw, this still isn't an issue" and I'm pretty sure I didn't defend them not saying anything (I assume) until now, when everyone freaked out over a reddit post that didn't even say the person was banned. Now someone posted another reddit post that actually says op was banned, which, according to CG now, isn't a thing anyway. Pointing out that people were freaking out over something that wasn't "STILL BROKEN!!!!" isn't defending anyone afaict

agree 100% with bolded

How about this then, since you seem to operate in absolutes and think everyone is less smart than you and just run around with their hair on fire all the time.

There were people today that don’t frequent forums or reddit much, if at all, that heard about it via guild chat or discord, etc that legit thought there was an issue and had there been clarification or “confirmation” as crumb said he was going to go get 4.5 months ago we could have easily pointed to that “clarification/confirmation”.

You clearly are defending CGs lack of action and blaming the community, just like always.

ezgif-3-b90eb2987fa8.gif
  • MasterSeedy
    5153 posts Member
    Options
    self-censorship is against the Forum Guidelines, just FYI.

This cannot possibly be true. Here is a definition of self-censorship:
    the exercising of control over what one says and does, especially to avoid castigation.

Exercising control over what one says on the forums is required by the Guidelines, or there wouldn't be any guidelines. Even in the more limited sense that requires you to exercise that control in order to avoid harsh criticism, that just means that if I think about making a thread praising leaving Mace Windu's kit as is, then I don't bother to make that new thread because I know a lot of people hate the Mace Windu status quo, I have exercised "self-censorship".

How, precisely, are the guidelines gonna ban not saying something?

I'm sure that Kyno was trying to say something reasonable with "self-censorship is against the Forum Guidelines" but it certainly ain't true if you actually use the definition of "self-censorship" to try to understand it.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

the exercising of control over what one says and does, especially to avoid castigation.

Exercising control over what one says on the forums is required by the Guidelines, or there wouldn't be any guidelines. Even in the more limited sense that requires you to exercise that control in order to avoid harsh criticism, that just means that if I think about making a thread praising leaving Mace Windu's kit as is, then I don't bother to make that new thread because I know a lot of people hate the Mace Windu status quo, I have exercised "self-censorship".

I'm sure that Kyno was trying to say something reasonable with "self-censorship is against the Forum Guidelines" but it certainly ain't true if you actually use the definition of "self-censorship" to try to understand it.

not sure if serious.gif. You do realize that means putting asterisks or something in place of a swear word, right? I mean...
  • Options
    Really guys why do you keep complaining? Its not like they are gonna hear you if they dont already. It's a mobile game and they are experts of the industry of course they only care about money but that goes for the bosses in ea not the employees in CG. They aren't earning anything out of this. They are just following orders ppl and those orders are to please the whales but thats how every game works. Pls stop saying that the devs suck They have nothing to do with how much you like/dislike the game. If you want my true opinion the game is the way it is right now because Carrie left and any project that she had planned are terminated (new raid,sandbox mode etc...). That's not necessarily bad they may actually take that time and produce something good remember that Galactic legends where rushed content so that we would not feel we got nothing for 7 months straight. Stop comparing this to other games and stop being toxic in the forums.
  • Options
    Really guys why do you keep complaining? Its not like they are gonna hear you if they dont already. It's a mobile game and they are experts of the industry of course they only care about money but that goes for the bosses in ea not the employees in CG. They aren't earning anything out of this. They are just following orders ppl and those orders are to please the whales but thats how every game works. Pls stop saying that the devs suck They have nothing to do with how much you like/dislike the game. If you want my true opinion the game is the way it is right now because Carrie left and any project that she had planned are terminated (new raid,sandbox mode etc...). That's not necessarily bad they may actually take that time and produce something good remember that Galactic legends where rushed content so that we would not feel we got nothing for 7 months straight. Stop comparing this to other games and stop being toxic in the forums.

I think they do, they developed the game, after all, if they had nothing to do with it, then they wouldn't exactly be ’developers’ would they?
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Fixed it for you.

May 29th

Interesting.

Fixed it.

When we get information we try to share what we can. But I cannot just go get more information.

My job is to enforce the Forum Guidelines, suggesting I go get more information than I already have and not do that is not how things work.

Do you have any info about the Road Ahead to contribute or not? Trying to steer this back on topic...

Thank you.

Not really, I had mentioned an update previously and I know that's out for approval and Crumb was hounding people about it Friday but was still waiting last we spoke before they left that day.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

@MasterSeedy

5g2kvd57y2vx.jpg

Sorry I didnt use the correct terminology to express myself here, but I would consider using * or other alternative characters a willful way to exercise control over what someone is saying. (Or not saying)
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    It’s probably gonna come on May 32nd
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options
    kinda hoping it ties into the ESB anniversary next week. Maybe part of another big starwars.com ecosystem release...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

g91ahvqn7750.png
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    Options

g91ahvqn7750.png

If the developers are not going to get off their butts and actually communicate with the community and i mean ACTUALLY COMMUNICATE not "Soon", "Too expensive", "Sometime in the future" or just nitpicking questions in the Q&A then all that's left for us is to speculate and HOPE that we get something actually worth playing (Or that we can play (Hi GAS, GeoLS, GLs).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    kinda hoping it ties into the ESB anniversary next week. Maybe part of another big starwars.com ecosystem release...

I hope so too. They always play things like this close to the chest, its hard to get a read on these types of things.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

g91ahvqn7750.png

Yeah I myself would be surprised if they posted it on the 32nd day of a month.
  • emoore123
    261 posts Member
    Options

Fixed it for you.

May 29th

Interesting.

Fixed it.

So my post you just quoted is incorrect and not how things work?

I said, “sometimes you are a conduit of information between us and the devs”

Seems that statement is 100% correct as evidenced today alone.

I'd disagree that Kyno is some conduit between us and devs that knows things well in advance. If he gets any information, it's only to allow him to do his job more effectively as a moderator, and likely is delivered very close to the release of any official information by the devs so that he isn't blindsided by it. If he knew when the road ahead is happening, he'd probably only know hours ahead of time, and would not have the finer details of what they're posting 🤷‍♂️ relax guys, they said May, so we have about 2 weeks before we can REALLY complain about this. @Kyno you're doing a great job. Keep up the good work.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    emoore123 wrote: »

Fixed it for you.

May 29th

Interesting.

Fixed it.

So my post you just quoted is incorrect and not how things work?

I said, “sometimes you are a conduit of information between us and the devs”

Seems that statement is 100% correct as evidenced today alone.

I'd disagree that Kyno is some conduit between us and devs that knows things well in advance. If he gets any information, it's only to allow him to do his job more effectively as a moderator, and likely is delivered very close to the release of any official information by the devs so that he isn't blindsided by it. If he knew when the road ahead is happening, he'd probably only know hours ahead of time, and would not have the finer details of what they're posting 🤷‍♂️ relax guys, they said May, so we have about 2 weeks before we can REALLY complain about this. @Kyno you're doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

Except that they haven’t been doing much of anything this year so the community has a right to complain about the continued nothingness we’ve gotten from them that they’ve promised to rectify. Although from your perspective they did say in 2020 and we still have half a year left so who’s to say they won’t make the second half better? Amiright???

But yes, Kyno definitely does a great job. At least someone does around here. Honestly if it wasn’t for Kyno, any kind of communication from someone in charge (mod or dev) would plummet by half.
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options
    I like it when Zap and Giraffe argue!
  • Options
    @Monel it keeps the forums entertained. I probally wouldn't be here on much if wasn't for the bickering I get to watch XD