May road ahead?

Replies

• Turasleon
    179 posts Member
    Options
    Gotan wrote: »
    My bet for the RA release date is May 21st, for the 40th anniversary of ESB. If they are planning on celebrating it with other things than feats and GAC, it will be the best time for RA.

Wouldn't they do it the week before to let us know what it is before it drops? For things like that they normally don't announce them the day they drop.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Yeah, no. The community would just complain about the thing they got because it was too hard or too easy or took too much effort or didn't take enough effort or wasn't fair or [pick any other bingo card entry you like].

That's not to say they shouldn't do more. They should. But claiming things will "make people very happy" is false when applied to the people that post here.

Well, that's to be expected with any game. There will always be people who will complain. However, if the majority of the community has little to no complaints then it could be considered a success. As has been seen with what has occurred this year, the majority of the community has complained about this, meaning it was not a success. If the devs actually listened to the MAJORITY of the community, then, and only then, will that be able to be considered a success if there isn't a lot of complaints.
    As I stated before, complaints are a necessary part of game development, but only to a certain extent.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Options
    yes, there is not much to do. What for give us new characters.... just to spin them around and just look at them? Kind of silly :)
  • Smoten
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Double drops on raid rewards for June please
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah, no. The community would just complain about the thing they got because it was too hard or too easy or took too much effort or didn't take enough effort or wasn't fair or [pick any other bingo card entry you like].

That's not to say they shouldn't do more. They should. But claiming things will "make people very happy" is false when applied to the people that post here.

Well, that's to be expected with any game. There will always be people who will complain. However, if the majority of the community has little to no complaints then it could be considered a success. As has been seen with what has occurred this year, the majority of the community has complained about this, meaning it was not a success. If the devs actually listened to the MAJORITY of the community, then, and only then, will that be able to be considered a success if there isn't a lot of complaints.
    As I stated before, complaints are a necessary part of game development, but only to a certain extent.

Care to discuss where you are talking to the majority of players?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Branmark wrote: »
    The have never been good at communication and they will never be good at communication. They have taken the player base for granted thus the lack of playable content. If I was actively working or associated with this game I be ashamed and embarrassed by the lack of content put out by a game going on what 3 or 4 years now. There is no excuse for it and any attempt by those to say "oh well plans change and things come up" is being intellectually lazy and dishonest. Truly embarrassing.

If you worked in the industry you would have a whole new prospective on what you are talking about that I'm betting you would feel very differently than you think.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    The have never been good at communication and they will never be good at communication. They have taken the player base for granted thus the lack of playable content. If I was actively working or associated with this game I be ashamed and embarrassed by the lack of content put out by a game going on what 3 or 4 years now. There is no excuse for it and any attempt by those to say "oh well plans change and things come up" is being intellectually lazy and dishonest. Truly embarrassing.

If you worked in the industry you would have a whole new prospective on what you are talking about that I'm betting you would feel very differently than you think.

https://www.marvelstrikeforce.com/en/updates

Looks like they are having a really difficult time communicating.(note the sarcasm)
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    sr1lxagct5vd.jpeg

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    just a reminder, not sure if it's been mentioned, Last RA: Hux and ST are coming (previously confirmed/all but confirmed iirc), 4th anniversary gifts will be coming, also coming: Journey Guide and Hyperdrive Bundle.

SO PUT YOUR SEATBELTS ON FOLKS!!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Looks like they are having a really difficult time communicating.(note the sarcasm)

Thats funny I skimmed a few posts and didn't see anything about them saying someone who communicates less than them should be embarrassed. Since they work in the industry I would say thank you for proving my point, but I suspect you're not here to make a point.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

Needing to be a part of something in order to criticise it is a fallacy.
    Sure people are adding more than they need to about how CG should feel about their own performance. But CG should feel bad tbh, so far this year they have lied by setting up false ideas about how much content we would be getting and they have STILL not touched their dev tracker
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    I give them a small benefit of the doubt due to COVID-19, because I'm sure having to work from home has put a snag in the plans. I'm guessing that's why the RA was pushed back to May in the first place, things probably missed deadlines and they might be unsure of what they can deliver. For now, I'll just keep checking back on the forums every day for the post while I work towards my GLs 🤷‍♂️. Hopefully by the end of the month we'll be well on our way towards new things to do
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Options

Thats funny I skimmed a few posts and didn't see anything about them saying someone who communicates less than them should be embarrassed. Since they work in the industry I would say thank you for proving my point, but I suspect you're not here to make a point.

Is that a confirmation bias?
  • keiths9216
    76 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    When they upload the Road Ahead Pack.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    No communication this week? Sounds about right
  • jfears2
    188 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I mean... at least it's not another Chalendar fiasco again right?

I feel like many of you get your hopes up too high.. all that does is disappoint you. If you keep those hopes down low in the dumpster then you should be pleasantly surprised with whatever we get.

I for one would love another heros journey, but old school like CLS. Will we get it, nope. So instead I hope for a steaming pile of bantha poodoo... now I can't be disappointed when we get an impossible to farm event. Win Win
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • jfears2
    188 posts Member
    Options
    emoore123 wrote: »
    I give them a small benefit of the doubt due to COVID-19, because I'm sure having to work from home has put a snag in the plans. I'm guessing that's why the RA was pushed back to May in the first place, things probably missed deadlines and they might be unsure of what they can deliver. For now, I'll just keep checking back on the forums every day for the post while I work towards my GLs 🤷‍♂️. Hopefully by the end of the month we'll be well on our way towards new things to do

I wonder what the shipping time is for that one laptop when it goes from house to house during the quantine? You think they FedEx it or USPS? They probably should have hired Amazon, would have been faster.
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • TVF
    36746 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Was there supposed to be any?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options

Should there have been any?
    Answer: yes
  • MasterSeedy
    5153 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @Kyno
    Correct I did say that last week......
    No news I can share right now, sorry. I literally ping him ever morning when we approach these updates.... "soon" is probably the most apt term right now.

Just in case you or CG is tempted to believe that all players react negatively no matter how things are handled, Kyno, and even though I've been as harsh as anyone on what i see as poor communication by CG, just getting this much is actually quite important.

"I tried again for new info a few hours ago and there was none" is better than leaving the player base with no idea if anyone is even trying.

Yes, actual communication on the substance is still required at some point, but how you and CG communicate delays and efforts matters. So, thank you for this. It's honestly a significant step up from what we got for months on the TB question.
  • TVF
    36746 posts Member
    Options
    Lysandrax wrote: »

Should there have been any?
    Answer: yes

Subjective
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Sure people are adding more than they need to about how CG should feel about their own performance. But CG should feel bad tbh, so far this year they have lied by setting up false ideas about how much content we would be getting and they have STILL not touched their dev tracker

when did I say you need to be part of it to criticize it?

Please read my statement again.

Who says they dont feel bad? Who says they are the ones that are in total control about what is said? Who says they dont wish they could make things more than what they are, or improve them many times over?

Bringing into this conversation things that most if not all of the people here to know nothing about (i.e.- their feelings), is not only wrong and not necessary, it is in no way constructive to the conversation at hand.

and, no they haven't lied.
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    Options
    jfears2 wrote: »
    I mean... at least it's not another Chalendar fiasco again right?

I feel like many of you get your hopes up too high.. all that does is disappoint you. If you keep those hopes down low in the dumpster then you should be pleasantly surprised with whatever we get.

I for one would love another heros journey, but old school like CLS. Will we get it, nope. So instead I hope for a steaming pile of bantha poodoo... now I can't be disappointed when we get an impossible to farm event. Win Win

I look for excitement in the game not boring farming for characters which i can just look at it, not much to do. Btw... then CG could also promote their game like that => dont get your hopes up while playing, we have a lot of pooooo... be ready for that :D this would be honest :D
  • Ggdjqjchsabjdj
    780 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

Care to discuss where you are talking to the majority of players?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. The Galactic Legends event previously was not liked by the majority of the community, whereas something like Grand Arena was. I'm just trying to state in general terms why complaints in game development are needed. Please, explain to me what you meant by that sentence you said, because I didn't really understand it.
    If you're talking about why I said "the majority of the community" is because in this year so far, CG has gotten a lot of complaints from the "majority" of the community, as can be seen with forum posts, videos, etc. That's where I'm talking to the majority of the community.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options

when did I say you need to be part of it to criticize it?

Please read my statement again.

Who says they dont feel bad? Who says they are the ones that are in total control about what is said? Who says they dont wish they could make things more than what they are, or improve them many times over?

Bringing into this conversation things that most if not all of the people here to know nothing about (i.e.- their feelings), is not only wrong and not necessary, it is in no way constructive to the conversation at hand.

and, no they haven't lied.

So you modify Lysandrax post and then reply to it... Are you constructing your own conversation?