May road ahead?

Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Lio wrote: »
    I swear this is the most communicative CG has been since I've been playing this game. We get State of the Galaxies and Q&As. We were told the Road Ahead would come in May, we're only two weeks in, and people are already complaining.

You literally can't win with this community.

2 things can be true at the same time.

CG has always been horrible about communication.

The community whines a lot.

Which came first? The whiners or the bad coms?
  • TVF
    36767 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    All these threads could be avoided if they would just communicate regularly.

Carrie says "Hi there! Remember me? Remember how much I communicated, and how many threads people made to complain about the things I communicated?"

About the THINGS she communicated, not that she didnt communicate..there is a difference. Read the rest of the original quote.

There's no effective difference because people complain regardless and make the same number of complaint threads regardless. What's the difference between a communication complaint and a lack of communication complaint? Nothing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    They did say it would be this week and with one day left they can make the deadline. I am just surprised they haven’t released yet.
  • TVF
    36767 posts Member
    Options
    They did say it would be this week

They did?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    All these threads could be avoided if they would just communicate regularly. Sure, people would still complain about stuff(raises hand), but communication wouldn’t be one of them. I have complaints about MSF and DSA as well, but they communicate quite regularly while updating their games, so communication isn’t one of them. CG has built a great game, which is why a lot of people are still here...but it’s currently withering on the vine.

we have been getting regular monthly updates and others here and there in between with the game updates. Also different games in different stages of their "life" all act differently, wouldn't you agree?

If right now they dont have an update, I'm not sure why saying that would make this less of a "withering", when they are working on an update that will come at a later point.

I guess my point is, saying we dont have an update right now would basically cause the same level of "upset" as right now, maybe just in a slightly different (but still some overlapping) segment of the community.

Yes, I would agree about acting differently, however, THIS game claimed to have a 5 year plan less then a year ago, so I dont understand what the hold up in content is. As other posters have pointed out, they have acknowledged their lack of content LAST YEAR. We are approaching June with really nothing to show for the last six months and really no communication as to WHY that is.
    Gifafi wrote: »
    All these threads could be avoided if they would just communicate regularly. Sure, people would still complain about stuff(raises hand), but communication wouldn’t be one of them. I have complaints about MSF and DSA as well, but they communicate quite regularly while updating their games, so communication isn’t one of them. CG has built a great game, which is why a lot of people are still here...but it’s currently withering on the vine.

MSF communicates well? and swgoh is (still) dying lol

MSF does communicate well and I didnt say that SWGOH is dying, but in a bad spot...like withering on a vine.

you seem to be confusing a the broad plan with the actual details. The RA/SoTG is based on things that are actually being tied up, and to know what those are and if they will be ready in the timeframe of the post being made there is a fair amount of examination and final planning that needs to go into it.

the long term 5 year plan is a bunch of ideas, some of which are nothing more than ideas on paper that have floating dates (if anything like a date at all)
  • Options

we have been getting regular monthly updates and others here and there in between with the game updates. Also different games in different stages of their "life" all act differently, wouldn't you agree?

If right now they dont have an update, I'm not sure why saying that would make this less of a "withering", when they are working on an update that will come at a later point.

I guess my point is, saying we dont have an update right now would basically cause the same level of "upset" as right now, maybe just in a slightly different (but still some overlapping) segment of the community.

Yes, I would agree about acting differently, however, THIS game claimed to have a 5 year plan less then a year ago, so I dont understand what the hold up in content is. As other posters have pointed out, they have acknowledged their lack of content LAST YEAR. We are approaching June with really nothing to show for the last six months and really no communication as to WHY that is.

MSF does communicate well and I didnt say that SWGOH is dying, but in a bad spot...like withering on a vine.

you seem to be confusing a the broad plan with the actual details. The RA/SoTG is based on things that are actually being tied up, and to know what those are and if they will be ready in the timeframe of the post being made there is a fair amount of examination and final planning that needs to go into it.

the long term 5 year plan is a bunch of ideas, some of which are nothing more than ideas on paper that have floating dates (if anything like a date at all)

Is that how you are supposed to run a quality game company? With arbitrary dates and no real game plan? No hard set milestones for development to keep pushing content? Sounds like a recipe for failure to me.
  • Options
    Macgruber wrote: »

Is that how you are supposed to run a quality game company? With arbitrary dates and no real game plan? No hard set milestones for development to keep pushing content? Sounds like a recipe for failure to me.

That is pretty much the general idea of a 5 year plan in software (and probably most 5 year plans tbh). You make a broad plan, with tentative timelines on the big projects, and then you start working through it. Through that process, specific dates get adjusted due to unexpected issues and changes in priority.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Iy4oy4s
    2944 posts Member
    Options

This would seem so for CG. The last Road Ahead was in NOV 19, doesnt seem like there is a plan at all and if there was a plan, whoever approved 6+ months of extremely low amount of content for a multi-million dollar a month game should look for another job. More and more, I believe the "framework" or "spaghetti code" problem is real.

@Kyno, I understand were you are coming from, but the past 8 months have been trash. Ive seen a lot of people quit because of said trash. I want this game to thrive because its a good game, and I really hope whatever they have stash up their sleeve that they refuse to tell us about, blows everyones socks off, but to tell everyone that "its coming" "we are working on it" for 6+ months is trash.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

On a 5 year plan. yes. There is no way anyone can predict if they will get to all the plans they could want to have and can write down. Every little thing that doesn't get done right in lock step compounds and throws things that are down line off little by little, or things get done early, or sudden things not planned get put on the table. A lot can happen in 5 years.

as far as the RA/SoTG go, they have many plans going on and making sure they are on track when they are not planned to be done in the next month (or longer) is no easy task. I'm sure they have deadlines and goals, but things also have to remain fluid as this is a living thing.

the only arbitrary dates are the ones set by the players on when things should happen and the only ones who say they dont have plans are players like you.

no more of a failure than your attempt to twist what I said to make jabs at people whom you do not know.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

This would seem so for CG. The last Road Ahead was in NOV 19, doesnt seem like there is a plan at all and if there was a plan, whoever approved 6+ months of extremely low amount of content for a multi-million dollar a month game should look for another job. More and more, I believe the "framework" or "spaghetti code" problem is real.

Kyno, I understand were you are coming from, but the past 8 months have been trash. Ive seen a lot of people quit because of said trash. I want this game to thrive because its a good game, and I really hope whatever they have stash up their sleeve that they refuse to tell us about, blows everyones socks off, but to tell everyone that "its coming" "we are working on it" for 6+ months is trash.

we both want that. its not magic and it certainly doesn't happen over night.

as they have said, things come up and redirecting focus to ensure the large project gets back on track is important for the game as a whole. no those things are not a real problem, they seem to just be a misunderstanding of what is going on from what I hear, but I can't go into that.

they dont have a crystal ball, they made things, players dont like them, that doesnt mean they can just turn around and produce another " new thing" at the drop of a hat. You are free to have that opinion of whats going on, but I'm sure some players are liking this "lul" as they sure up their rosters. do you remember the similar luls at the level caps early on. There was "more to do" because everything was fresh, but really their wasn't.

I agree that this is a lul and its not ideal, but we still have things to do and work towards, unless you have both GLs unlocked.....then you might be running out.
  • Goble57
    99 posts Member
    Options
    It’s been a month since we last heard about the road ahead. This being Thursday, the normal drop day if it drops, I’m just checking that I haven’t missed any updates. Have we heard any more details about when the RA is going to drop?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    no
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36767 posts Member
    Options
    Still no.
  • Ultra
    11588 posts Moderator
    Options
    its been two weeks since we last heard about it, actually
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    ExcitableNeedyCorydorascatfish-size_restricted.gif
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Iy4oy4s
    2944 posts Member
    Options
    ExcitableNeedyCorydorascatfish-size_restricted.gif

I love Demolition man!! GET TO THE CHOPPA!!! - Chuck Norris. Great movie.

• Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options

@Kyno, I understand were you are coming from, but the past 8 months have been trash. Ive seen a lot of people quit because of said trash. I want this game to thrive because its a good game, and I really hope whatever they have stash up their sleeve that they refuse to tell us about, blows everyones socks off, but to tell everyone that "its coming" "we are working on it" for 6+ months is trash.

And if you go back and check the last Road Ahead, it was Galactic Legends and Hyperdrive Bundle, which didn't come out for quite a while after the post... I agree the next Road Ahead is important to a lot of people but I'd temper those expectations. If we get a new game mode before August I'll be surprised.
  • Goble57
    99 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno Do you know if COVID-19 has slowed their communication pipelines at all?
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    May 29th

So they moved up the target date? I thought it was June 1.
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Goble57 wrote: »

It is a virus. Maybe it’s on their corporate server.
  • TVF
    36767 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    May 29th

So they moved up the target date? I thought it was June 1.

I....what?
  • Options
    You don't get the road ahead until you look back at the road behind you, which is why The Road Ahead for a month comes toward the end of it. It's sort of, existential.

Once you realizw whom you are and where your at, then CG will give you the road ahead, for last month.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    More and more, I believe the "framework" or "spaghetti code" problem is real.

There is no "framewok issue" just like they pointed out in one of the Q&A's. Nego's unending loyalty, Male's buzz droids and overcharge interaction with SF, Hux' dominance and the GL's ultimates were all just suffering from happy little surprise mechanics.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Gotan
    7 posts Member
    Options
    My bet for the RA release date is May 21st, for the 40th anniversary of ESB. If they are planning on celebrating it with other things than feats and GAC, it will be the best time for RA.
  • Options
    Hello
    Is there anybody in there?
    Just nod if you can hear me
    Is there anybody home?
  • Options
    Goble57 wrote: »

The devs communicated just as much pre covid as they have since this pandemic.