May road ahead?

12345679Next

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    YOUniverse wrote: »
    What do you know, another delay and they can't even give us a slight idea what this tool is supposed to accomplish.

AT LEAST TELL GIVE US AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT TYPE OF CONTENT THIS TOOL WILL HELP CREATE.

Give us something to do! Something to look forward to! You want people to spend thousands of dollars for characters on a BILLION dollar game give us something. It's been 6 months. We have been patient long enough.

we really pushed for this when we found out there would be a delay, unfortunately this post was already out for approval and they couldn't add anything like that.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno i respect you but at some point you have to agree with the player base
  • TVF
    36746 posts Member
    Options
    or does he
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    we really pushed for this when we found out there would be a delay, unfortunately this post was already out for approval and they couldn't add anything like that.

Couldn't they prepare another post and get it out? How long does it take to approve a fairly generic post? (If the answer is longer than a week tops, they have a different problem altogether). Unless we're talking about road ahead coming in the first week of June or something, it's not exactly stellar communication strategy to go radio silence close to another month.
  • Options
    I think a trailer teasing the new game mode would be a treat. We've only had the Mandalorian trailer the past year with the last one before that being Darth Revan.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    bearrock wrote: »

Couldn't they prepare another post and get it out? How long does it take to approve a fairly generic post? (If the answer is longer than a week tops, they have a different problem altogether). Unless we're talking about road ahead coming in the first week of June or something, it's not exactly stellar communication strategy to go radio silence close to another month.

you underestimate the amount of approvals involved in official posts like that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rafini wrote: »

give me flack all you want, but if you think i do not agree with the player base on many occasion or that we all dont want the same things, you just have a skewed view of me and are not paying attention to what I write.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options

give me flack all you want, but if you think i do not agree with the player base on many occasion or that we all dont want the same things, you just have a skewed view of me and are not paying attention to what I write.

Well i for one would love to hear your private conversations with your friends who play this game haha
  • Options

I can think of several issues here. It could be that CG underestimated and continues to underestimate the importance lot of players have been placing on May's road ahead post (sentiment many months in the making) and feels the current paucity of content in today's post doesn't warrant a fix. (The true problem being the failure to recognize at the early draft stage that the May Road Ahead couldn't simply be come back in June. At minimum, someone needed to recognize that the bad news should have gone out way earlier in the month)

It could be that they feel whatever is coming up in June will knock it out of the park and all this will be a distant memory by then. Somehow I doubt it but we shall see (still question the decision of backloading all details to June to begin with)

Or regardless of how important they feel it is to add more detail, they literally cannot get a statement put together and approved in a short amount of time (Not even "it will be pvp", "pve", "the goal will be to allow the players to engage more deeply with their roster"). That would be a staggering example of organizational disfunction and I doubt that to be the case.

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    guys, we're close to almost two thirds of the way thru may, and no RA!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh, we are 2/3 through May and they just delayed the RA for another month!!! wooooo!!!!

Keep defending their antics even if just for fun Giafi. At some point you’ll see they are quickly underwhelming.

InB4 some cynical reply
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

Kyno and the moderators on the forum are not the issue. They are players just like us. They may not agree with us all the time, if ever, but at least they interact with us and give us whatever information they are allowed to give. They interact with us and talk to us. Regardless of the blow back they get from the rest of the community. I know Kyno pushed hard to give us some kind of info. They said no. Go figure, they said no.
    Kyno and the mods don’t deserve any flack. So honestly, keep them out of the rage that’s deserved towards CG/EA.

What needs to be pinpointed is why there is ZERO info from the devs, CG or EA. What delay could possibly make it impossible to give any info about what’s to come in the next couple months. If the content itself is delayed? Ok, it’s a tough pill to swallow but at least we know what it is. The release of the information of what’s to come??? No, that’s not ok. You guys have a plan. Tell us. Your paying customers and the lifeblood of the game itself. What do you have planned? What’s the plan for the next round of updates? If the content itself is delayed for whatever reason, fine. But you guys know what it is. Tell us. We, as paying customers deserve to know what it is, delayed or not. At least let us know what it is.
    The lack of communication is not ok at this point.
  • MasterSeedy
    5153 posts Member
    Options
    I gotta agree with kyno here, I have personally seen him side with the player base most of the times as long as what the thread is saying is reasonable

I'm not attacking Kyno here. And there are large numbers of times when Kyno is just saying what CG wants said, and not what Kyno thinks. This means that people will ascribe agreement with CG's positions or actions to Kyno when - at least sometimes - that agreement does not exist.

But "most of the time as long as it's reasonable" is exactly the same as saying, "If you throw out a bunch of times the coin came up tails, most of the time it came up heads!"

• TVF
    36746 posts Member
    Options
    Rage lol
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Rage lol

Not rage, just truth
  • Options

I think the amount of approvals required is definitely part of the problem. There is no dialogue with the player base happening; we just get infrequent blurbs of one-way information that are often quite vague, tone-deaf, or both. Everything has been censored and reviewed to the point of banality and it ends up coming across as corporate and insincere; even the Q&As seem overly curated.

It's often very hard to remember that the developers are humans too, as very little of their personalities come through in their community interaction and engagement (particularly since Carrie left and Crumb stopped making puzzles or custom "Bastila on the Bench" titles).

Compare this to content creators on YouTube, where we have a direct window into their lives. Like it or not, social media is the type of engagement and interaction people have come to expect, whereas CG/EA seems to still be living in 2000 where you could send people a monthly email newsletter and that was considered acceptable.

I didn't always agree with Carrie, but I could at least tell she was someone passionate about making a quality (and profitable) game that celebrated our communal love of Star Wars. Since her "tip of the spear" and "finisher" posts on Reddit/Twitter, it feels like the CG staff is forbidden from saying anything beyond the most formal communications, after they've been thoroughly reviewed by six corporate lawyers and three human resources managers.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    BeralCator wrote: »

I think the amount of approvals required is definitely part of the problem. There is no dialogue with the player base happening; we just get infrequent blurbs of one-way information that are often quite vague, tone-deaf, or both. Everything has been censored and reviewed to the point of banality and it ends up coming across as corporate and insincere; even the Q&As seem overly curated.

It's often very hard to remember that the developers are humans too, as very little of their personalities come through in their community interaction and engagement (particularly since Carrie left and Crumb stopped making puzzles or custom "Bastila on the Bench" titles).

Compare this to content creators on YouTube, where we have a direct window into their lives. Like it or not, social media is the type of engagement and interaction people have come to expect, whereas CG/EA seems to still be living in 2000 where you could send people a monthly email newsletter and that was considered acceptable.

I didn't always agree with Carrie, but I could at least tell she was someone passionate about making a quality (and profitable) game that celebrated our communal love of Star Wars. Since her "tip of the spear" and "finisher" posts on Reddit/Twitter, it feels like the CG staff is forbidden from saying anything beyond the most formal communications, after they've been thoroughly reviewed by six corporate lawyers and three human resources managers.

I completely understand and the group is really trying to push for more of this. its been great to get the big posts regularly but more small posts in between with "lighter information" that could require less approvals. and puzzles and what not, would really help tie things together.

also that was CG_Coffee on that title. that just came up in a random conversation today with them.

• jfears2
    188 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Rage lol

A lot less rage then I expected actually

RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!

Is that enough?
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options
    I feel this thread should be closed as the new and improved June Road Ahead thread has already been created .
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    It's not new and improved, it's just a reskin of this thread :/
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    It's not new and improved, it's just a reskin of this thread :/

I was fooled! Unoriginal nonsense I want a zeta refund!