• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Olderaan wrote: »
    The only thing that keeps me in this game is the new game mode they have been promising for 6 months now.
    And I can only hope that this will be huge because they have talked about it for half a year and perhaps they will only now announce in May that it is in the process of being made... so when it will finally release it will has got almost a year preparation.

it is talk like this that makes me cringe in preparation for the "complaints" that are to come over the next however long it takes them to roll things out.......

its good to be excited, I am too....but man, everyone just feeds off it and then it comes crashing down, because reality can never, just never live up to "it", literally never.

and no need to reply (not directed at the person i'm quoting, just in general) saying its their fault or their own doing because X,Y,Z...

This shouldn’t be the case though.

EA is one of the biggest gaming companies out there and their games should be top notch, delivering good content on the regular. They should be leaving competitors in the dust in this regard, not the other way around.

What games like this are leaving SWGOH in the dust? What metrics are you using to judge this?

When it comes to communication and new content this year, MSF, RSL and DSA are just 3 examples.

Now, I’ve got a lot invested in this game and there are definitely reasons why I prefer this one to any of those. I’m not even getting into which games are better, as that’s obv a personal choice and the games offer different things.

But just looking at content delivery and communication, this game does not meet or exceed those others. I believe this game should be head and shoulders above those others in these areas, but sadly that just isn’t the case.

So they have more content in general? Or just have released more in the recent times?
  • Options
    The only thing that keeps me in this game is the new game mode they have been promising for 6 months now.
    And I can only hope that this will be huge because they have talked about it for half a year and perhaps they will only now announce in May that it is in the process of being made... so when it will finally release it will has got almost a year preparation.

it is talk like this that makes me cringe in preparation for the "complaints" that are to come over the next however long it takes them to roll things out.......

its good to be excited, I am too....but man, everyone just feeds off it and then it comes crashing down, because reality can never, just never live up to "it", literally never.

and no need to reply (not directed at the person i'm quoting, just in general) saying its their fault or their own doing because X,Y,Z...

EA is one of the biggest gaming companies out there and their games should be top notch, delivering good content on the regular. They should be leaving competitors in the dust in this regard, not the other way around.

EA is also one of the worst gaming companies out there. They just love pushing the envelope on how far they can go to exploit consumers.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2944 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

What games like this are leaving SWGOH in the dust? What metrics are you using to judge this?

When it comes to communication and new content this year, MSF, RSL and DSA are just 3 examples.

Now, I’ve got a lot invested in this game and there are definitely reasons why I prefer this one to any of those. I’m not even getting into which games are better, as that’s obv a personal choice and the games offer different things.

But just looking at content delivery and communication, this game does not meet or exceed those others. I believe this game should be head and shoulders above those others in these areas, but sadly that just isn’t the case.

So they have more content in general? Or just have released more in the recent times?

Should the age of a game like this really be an excuse for lack of content? Especially one that has proved to be a cash cow for years?
  • MasterSeedy
    5153 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    For the record, my peeps, and I'm still disappointed that we haven't gotten more, but the GLs are not just new characters, but also new events. A lot of work goes in to balancing those events, creating the art, etc.

Now, I'd rather they spent more effort in content that's repeatedly playable, and that isn't so exclusive to the top tier players, but that is an important new event type, and we got two versions of it.

Then we got challenge tiers.

Then we got the two "Advanced Fleet Mastery" style events, starring Raddus and Finalizer. (Personally, I think having 2 more advanced-capability capital ships is a huge change in the game. And while Finalizer is great right now, Raddus foreshadows more change in the game, since the only three available Resistance ships are pitiful, meh, or okay. No great ships and not enough ships for a single reinforcement - that tells you something. They won't let Raddus go to waste over the long term.)

And, yes, we also got the 3 Mandalorian toons and their marquee events.

Again, I'm not saying that this is "good enough". I just want our criticisms to be based on what is actually true, and so when people say that we "only" got 3 new characters or 5 new characters this year, I just want to step in and say, please criticize them all you want, but criticize them honestly.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    For the record, my peeps, and I'm still disappointed that we haven't gotten more, but the GLs are not just new characters, but also new events. A lot of work goes in to balancing those events, creating the art, etc.

Now, I'd rather they spent more effort in content that's repeatedly playable, and that isn't so exclusive to the top tier players, but that is an important new event type, and we got two versions of it.

Then we got the two "Advanced Fleet Mastery" style events, starring Raddus and Finalizer. (Personally, I think having 2 more advanced-capability capital ships is a huge change in the game. And while Finalizer is great right now, Raddus foreshadows more change in the game, since the only three available Resistance ships are pitiful, meh, or okay. No great ships and not enough ships for a single reinforcement - that tells you something. They won't let Raddus go to waste over the long term.)

Again, I'm not saying that this is "good enough". I just want our criticisms to be based on what is actually true, and so when people say that we "only" got 3 new characters or 5 new characters this year, I just want to step in and say, please criticize them all you want, but criticize them honestly.

GL events were boring and didn’t use 99% of the characters needed for the event. The art is mediocre at best and the mechanics are awful.

Raddus will get more ships? What about Malevolence. A more premium ship with few reinforcements at all and it’s an overall better ship and harder to earn.

Challenge tiers give rewards that’s really desirable but not new content. New rewards.

Mando characters were much needed. Shame there’s nowhere to use them regularly
  • Options
    Challenge tiers give rewards that’s really desirable but not new content. New rewards.

If you have to change your team comp, your mods, and your strategy to beat a new tier, then yeah. It's new content.
    GL events were boring and didn’t use 99% of the characters needed for the event. The art is mediocre at best and the mechanics are awful.

I'll take your word for it. I don't have high expectations for it.
    Raddus will get more ships? What about Malevolence. A more premium ship with few reinforcements at all and it’s an overall better ship and harder to earn.

"Few reinforcements?" It has 3 already and has had since people first started unlocking it. Raddus has, let me think now, nothin', plus nothin', carry the nothin' ... ZERO reinforcements.

So... I have said elsewhere (not that you could know, of course) that Malevolence should get more ships. But let's not pretend that Malevolence is as bad off as Raddus. With droid-ship synergy, Malevolence has 6 ships available right now, and has since Hyena & Vulture were released. Malevolence has never been as bad off as Raddus is now.

So, sure, drop in the Ginnivex FanBlade - the single most desperately needed ship in this game because it is freaking awesome - and I love the idea of a Dooku ship that would be a Way Tambor or Hoda for Separatist ships. But I don't know if they're making those a priority, given that Malevolence is already functioning well.

I don't think that's a problem with game content. I think that's a problem with just not having them at 7*/relic. I've played around with Cara Dune's kit a ton and really like it. The Mandalorian is amazing in multi-stage battles where you can charge up his special and then disintegrate a boss later. A 3*/g8 Mandalorian will insta-kill Nest in the Galactic Bounties event that is otherwise a struggle for a lot of folks. (Wampa, too, although Wampa isn't as hard as Nest for most players.) Get Mando or Cara Dune up to relic levels and I'm sure they'll find plenty of work.

I haven't tested Greef the way I have Cara Dune and Mandalorian, but he'll probably have a bunch of good uses as well.
  • Options
    Hi I was wondering when something new might be coming in your game? Something new to play. Other games I have been playing while I wait for something new in your game have a lot more things to do and stuff in my inbox about things coming up. Are you working on something? I would like to be excited or interested. I don’t really understand your secrecy or silence. We had some Mando stuff and now nothing and no word. The gaps are getting annoying. Any way can you please answer the questions without any mystery just be straight with us. We shouldn’t have to ask or get bored while waiting. Thank you.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options

If you have to change your team comp, your mods, and your strategy to beat a new tier, then yeah. It's new content.

I'll take your word for it. I don't have high expectations for it.

"Few reinforcements?" It has 3 already and has had since people first started unlocking it. Raddus has, let me think now, nothin', plus nothin', carry the nothin' ... ZERO reinforcements.

So... I have said elsewhere (not that you could know, of course) that Malevolence should get more ships. But let's not pretend that Malevolence is as bad off as Raddus. With droid-ship synergy, Malevolence has 6 ships available right now, and has since Hyena & Vulture were released. Malevolence has never been as bad off as Raddus is now.

So, sure, drop in the Ginnivex FanBlade - the single most desperately needed ship in this game because it is freaking awesome - and I love the idea of a Dooku ship that would be a Way Tambor or Hoda for Separatist ships. But I don't know if they're making those a priority, given that Malevolence is already functioning well.

I don't think that's a problem with game content. I think that's a problem with just not having them at 7*/relic. I've played around with Cara Dune's kit a ton and really like it. The Mandalorian is amazing in multi-stage battles where you can charge up his special and then disintegrate a boss later. A 3*/g8 Mandalorian will insta-kill Nest in the Galactic Bounties event that is otherwise a struggle for a lot of folks. (Wampa, too, although Wampa isn't as hard as Nest for most players.) Get Mando or Cara Dune up to relic levels and I'm sure they'll find plenty of work.

I haven't tested Greef the way I have Cara Dune and Mandalorian, but he'll probably have a bunch of good uses as well.

I respect your optimism. I really do. That’s not sarcasm.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

This isn’t meant to be cynical or anything like that, just straight forward and point by point.

The GL’s:
    Like you said, they are exclusive to the top of the top tier of players and the requirements so high that many aren’t even going to try for them any time soon, if at all. So accessibility is a no. The two GL characters themselves though did require balancing and work to make from scratch. However poor testing may have been it was still work, so I’ll give you that. The events? The mechanics were awful, the artwork they bragged as being amazing was lackluster and lazy, and the battles were just coded copies of other battles. Only cinematics were the changes on the PSR of stage 3. I have friends that do coding and they said that the event and GL’s shouldn’t have taken 4 months. Especially if the battles were like those that already existed in game.

Challenge Tiers of Assault Battles:
    This was new content yes. New rewards, new difficulty, and something new to do. How difficult was it to do? Not much. Just retuning, speed, damage, etc. So while a new thing for us to do, not a massive time sink to create. No complaints but not much effort on their part.

Fleet Masteries:
    Again, re skinned events with base coding already in game. Long farms but still something to do once or twice a month. So not much time commitment by CG.

Mando Content:
    3 new marquee characters from scratch. Highly requested chapter to be added to the game requiring testing, balancing, artwork, etc. No complaints.

The bottom line:
    This year we have gotten the following in almost 5 month....
    2 GL’s, Assault battle Challenge Tiers, 2 capital ships and 3 marquee Mando Toons.

The GL’s are insanely exclusive and expensive. Assault Battle Tiers accessible to most. Capital ships (mainly Holdo) required the absolute most random ships which miffed a lot of people. Although the BH ships for Finalizer wasn’t/shouldn’t be massive expectations given you need them for OGMF.
    The Mando toons, yay.

The quality of the content and accessibility of it is very ebb and flow. Some good, some bad, some awful. The quantity of content? Terrible.
    This RA is very requested because people want to see why their promises of more content and better things for the game haven’t come. COVID has played a part in delays I’m sure, but after a speed bump, at home graphic designs, coding and virtual meetings can be tailored and adjusted accordingly.
    Kyno said there would be complaints about how long the new content would take to be released once announced. Wouldn’t it be warranted to a degree? What’s kept them from delivering in a timely manner? If it’s complaining about a week or two then that’s just silly. Say whateve this new thing is wont be until end of June or July? That’s warranted complaints.
  • Options
    It's a sad time that we get more answers (or non-answers, but at least replies) from a forum moderator that isn't affiliated with CG. Why don't we have answers on here from a CG employee?
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options
    It's a sad time that we get more answers (or non-answers, but at least replies) from a forum moderator that isn't affiliated with CG. Why don't we have answers on here from a CG employee?
    Not enough freedom to post whatever they want
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

this to some extent.

also, not really, many forums/discord/reddit all have moderators that answer questions and dole out the information. we are just here to help in any way we can.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

this to some extent.

also, not really, many forums/discord/reddit all have moderators that answer questions and dole out the information. we are just here to help in any way we can.

Can you guys rework Mace for us then? Or the GR Jedi? Haha
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

this to some extent.

I cannot but I can share the information we have, let me search for that..... oh yeah it was a "No".
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    Options

this to some extent.

I cannot but I can share the information we have, let me search for that..... oh yeah it was a "No".

I think that “no” can answer most questions on these forums...
  • Varaben
    33 posts Member
    Options
    The weirdest thing about this stuff to me is that the challenge tiers hit two big things that people ask for: content to play and gear crunch help. And CG didn’t take credit for either. They just sort of off-handly said yeah we are doing one new challenge tier and the others will come later. Then like two weeks later all of them were done! And the rewards are awesome! Yet in a Q and A right around this time they said “yeah we aren’t doing anything to help with the gear crunch.” What is happening there? Why wouldn’t they say “Hey we hear you guys on gear crunch and here’s what we’re doing to help” or “hey we’ve been working on this new system and one of the short term things we did to help was the challenge modes.” They just said nothing.

Point is, they aren’t even taking credit for the wins - another one being the ease of getting Kyber in GAC. Wins count for way more now (2000 in 3v3???); I went 3/3 this round and am already chromium going into week 2. That helps matchmaking too! Why not point this out to us and take credit for it?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

this to some extent.

So much for being a help....gosh... XP
  • Options
    Unfulfilled promises and broken dreams.

There’s your road ahead. They’re the worst.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    guys, we're close to almost two thirds of the way thru may, and no RA!!!!!!!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    guys, we're close to almost two thirds of the way thru may, and no RA!!!!!!!

Forget the RA - where's the June calendar?!
  • Options
    Here is your road ahead:

Slow drip info about an event over the next three months. It will be the most expensive content to date. It will be underwhelming.
  • Options

this to some extent.

Worry not Kyno, there are those of us that do appreciate the work you do. Now, can I get a hint... of any kind? Just a simple crumb? Don't make me go all Oliver Twist up in here...
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options
    @Ravens1113

We have the same perspective on most of those things, including that it's not enough new content. If I understand you correctly, I'm more positive on the Assault Battle challenge tiers, but I'm not like overwhelmed or overjoyed or anything. Just somewhat more positive than you.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Title needs an update.
  • Options
    What do you know, another delay and they can't even give us a slight idea what this tool is supposed to accomplish.

AT LEAST TELL GIVE US AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT TYPE OF CONTENT THIS TOOL WILL HELP CREATE.

Give us something to do! Something to look forward to! You want people to spend thousands of dollars for characters on a BILLION dollar game give us something. It's been 6 months. We have been patient long enough.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2944 posts Member
    Options
    +1 for at least some communication.

At this point, you have to know what the game mode is that you are creating, you could at least give us a tease or tidbit of info on it to get us hyped about whats coming.....this "its coming" "we are working on it" is GETTING REALLY OLD!!
  • TVF
    36746 posts Member
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Title needs an update.

Nah, we just have the answer to it now.

"No"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH