Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• Rojas
    336 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for asking this but who is Ahnalds?
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    I find it interesting that Kyno had a lot to say in here this morning regarding the cheating negotiating, specifically questioning whether the negotiations with IN Skywalker happened before or after CG publicly stated their zero tolerance cheating policy. Once it was pointed out that it happened 4 months after CGs statement, he has been radio silent in here ever since.

What could he say that ppl would bother to listen to? Nobody will care until CG speaks up.

He’s the only PR dept they have?

His job is to move posts and ban offensive posters. Not be the face of CG.

The quality of moderation is what I'd expect with respect to the moderator salaries.
  • Options
    Just don’t understand why CG would limit someone’s ability to entertain/help others in the swgoh Community, especially when they’re spending money. Double standards do not help CG’s case at all.
  • AntaresKOTD
    18 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Ahnalds ban is less about the fact that he's been banned but the nature of CG and the last couple of years. It's basically the catalyst for all of CG's mismanagement over the last few years. People have had enough and when you start getting people outside of our SWGOH bubble (and yes this is a bubble, we all basically just surround ourselves with people that believe as we do) tell us, ****, how can you have a game studio treat you like this, then people start looking up from the ground and realise that WE DESERVE A BETTER CALIBRE OF STUDIO. Most studios seem to actually communicate with their player base, wow, who'd of thunk it.

edited to add "SWGOH"
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    BeralCator wrote: »
    I find it interesting that Kyno had a lot to say in here this morning regarding the cheating negotiating, specifically questioning whether the negotiations with IN Skywalker happened before or after CG publicly stated their zero tolerance cheating policy. Once it was pointed out that it happened 4 months after CGs statement, he has been radio silent in here ever since.

What could he say that ppl would bother to listen to? Nobody will care until CG speaks up.

He’s the only PR dept they have?

His job is to move posts and ban offensive posters. Not be the face of CG.

The quality of moderation is what I'd expect with respect to the moderator salaries.

K
  • Options
    CG, please consider taking care of Ahanld on this. He brings in so much revenue for you as we all watch his YouTube channel and hence makes us want to continue playing this 5 year old game. If you don't, you must face the consequences of losing players and loss of income because some of us continue to play and pay just because of him. After all, when the new SW Lego mobile game comes out, we'll have another mobile SW game to turn too and abandon this one. But if you help him, he'll continue to make videos and we'll continue to bring revenue for this game. Thank you for your consideration
  • Options
    Ahnalds ban is less about the fact that he's been banned but the nature of CG and the last couple of years. It's basically the catalyst for all of CG's mismanagement over the last few years. People have had enough and when you start getting people outside of our SWGOH bubble (and yes this is a bubble, we all basically just surround ourselves with people that believe as we do) tell us, ****, how can you have a game studio treat you like this, then people start looking up from the ground and realise that WE DESERVE A BETTER CALIBRE OF STUDIO. Most studios seem to actually communicate with their player base, wow, who'd of thunk it.

edited to add "SWGOH"

I mean Capital Games is just a rebranding of the old KlickNation. What did you expect?
  • Options
    Thank you CG! For allowing cheaters and working with them with really no punishment. For Banning Ahnald for showing us characters work, speaking out against issues in your company, and caring about his followers where you obviously don’t. You will save me so much money. I won’t have to put another penny into this game that has gone down hill over the past year. You should take the time and play Raid or Marvel Strike Force to see what a great game is. One where they are great with the community and make it so no characters in game will ever be worthless when the next god like characters come out. Again thank you CG!!!!!
  • Options
    I will support any player movement that comes from this I won't be supporting CG financially or otherwise. Their history doesn't deserve what they have recieved from us. I've already one stared my review on both my Google play and apple store accounts. If I could find another way to express my disgust with this company and warn people considering playing I'd be doing that as well.

We stand together.
  • Options
    My biggest thing here is that no one, not one person, or even a statement from the dev team. On any other game/studio/community, they'd be scrambling every damage control thing they could. I've seen devs run into something like this and within a day usually, sometimes two, there's at least something. Even if it is just a short, "we are looking at this as a team and will have an announcement tomorrow/the day after. Not one dev has commented. It isn't bad policy, but bad relations. Not even an acknowledgement of what is going on.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Wow 48 pages and still no statement from cg.

Come on cg its time to talk
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    AverageTed wrote: »
    Chaos2all wrote: »
    When is the un-ban happening?
    CG needs to be held accountable for their actions, not the people trying to keep this game alive.

Eh, let's not be silly. There's no reason to unban the account. It was a breach of terms and he knew it.

And he's making videos to make money. Not to keep the game alive. Although to be sure that relationship is symbiotic.

Focus your attention on CG letting cheats off with a 1 week suspension. That's the issue here.

Id say its also communication and treatment of the player base.

Where is EA on this one.... because i think it might be going that high.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Rojas wrote: »

A nobody that everyone is up in arms about apparently
  • Options
    Communication with your player base would go a long way CG.
  • Options
    Like everyone has said. Quite sad that you support cheaters, instead of people that put money in your pocket. You sir truely work for Mickey. And only care about the $$$.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    Rojas wrote: »

A nobody that everyone is up in arms about apparently

Sounds like someone is sour grapes
  • Options
    I started playing in February and bought the Hyperdrive bundle because of the content that Ahnald has put out. I won't be spending anything else unless the situation is fixed
  • Mapex
    4 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah... was a bad move on your part cg. And it makes you look so bad due to the fact he's the sole reason a lot of people play//still play. He has made you a ton of money, probably more than you have earned yourselves. The community loves him and this one is going to hurt you. Even if you fix this, best of luck. Lost my wallet and support.
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    AverageTed wrote: »
    Chaos2all wrote: »
    When is the un-ban happening?
    CG needs to be held accountable for their actions, not the people trying to keep this game alive.

Eh, let's not be silly. There's no reason to unban the account. It was a breach of terms and he knew it.

And he's making videos to make money. Not to keep the game alive. Although to be sure that relationship is symbiotic.

Focus your attention on CG letting cheats off with a 1 week suspension. That's the issue here.

Id say its also communication and treatment of the player base.

Where is EA on this one.... because i think it might be going that high.

Ted that is not the point. Most people here aren’t upset with the ban, it was just the final nail in the coffin. CG has been poorly ran by **** for some time. Everything from poor decisions, lack of testing, no communication, game breaking mechanics, to filling ripped off in some way.

Most of the characters we have are now obsolete or worthless compared to newer stuff. Characters who can pretty much take out every team without any issue. A good game is not like that. Good games make it so characters you worked hard on are still usable in some aspect. On top of that they seem to only targeting select people (those who speak out against the issues). Where is the communication About this controversy? Either a statement or a communication with Arhnald and anyone else effected. It doesn’t exist. But people who are know cheaters get lines of chat open and a small slap on the wrist.

We’re fed up with it all. Either enforce the rules for everyone or none at all. Don’t only target select people. That is how poorly this company is run. Whoever the **** are in charge have been screwing up and this was just the breaking point where everyone is choosing to speak out. After all Ahnald is one of the people that has been there for the community more than CG could ever be.

• Options
    Why playing SWGOH if AhnaldT101 isn't covering content anymore? He was the last hope to keep me playing, sorry CG, your buisness plan is more than a bad one! I love the good old Star Wars, but SWGOH is not worth playing it anymore! If AhnaldT101 is coming back -> i'm coming back! .... he's content was like watching a good movie in the theatre! All the love to AhnaldT101!!!
  • Beezo
    3 posts Member
    Options
    CG, you need to make amends with Ahnald. You all screwed up big time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jasp wrote: »
    Kyno has deleted Hundreds if not Thousands of posts on this thread. Most were Not in violation of terms either. Just a sad attempt at damage control by a lemming.

No, I didn't.

The ones I did, did.

This is just a sad attempt to try and throw shade at someone whom you do not know.
  • Monel
    2794 posts Member
    Options
    leejak wrote: »
    Why playing SWGOH if AhnaldT101 isn't covering content anymore? He was the last hope to keep me playing, sorry CG, your buisness plan is more than a bad one! I love the good old Star Wars, but SWGOH is not worth playing it anymore! If AhnaldT101 is coming back -> i'm coming back! .... he's content was like watching a good movie in the theatre! All the love to AhnaldT101!!!

More like Sharknado on Scifi

But to each their own
  • Options
    How bad of a company do you have to be to make video games and be seen as an immoral company? Not amoral, but IMMORAL (many companies are amoral and that's probably a good thing). I mean, to reach the level of animosity WITH THE PEOPLE WHO ARE BUYING YOUR PRODUCT is astounding to me. Just ridiculous...probably need to lesson in a hurry...
  • Beezo
    3 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Shiftyund wrote: »
    Jasp wrote: »
    Kyno has deleted Hundreds if not Thousands of posts on this thread. Most were Not in violation of terms either. Just a sad attempt at damage control by a lemming.

Bashing @Kyno isn't doing any good and it really needs to stop. This thread is probably a moderators worst nightmare and I'm willing to bet most people would just quit instead of trying to moderate CG's dumpster fire for free.
    If you want to bash somebody you should all be calling out @CG_LucifersDaddy for negotiations with cheater that should have been perma banned.
    Or @CG_SBCrumb - community manger who appears to have thrown kyno to the wolves
    @CG_Cyanides data analyst who appears to have failed at catching any cheating in the game

Well said