scuba wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Still jml is worse compared to the 3 others.

Not logical, and if you add the absurd prerequesite compared to SEE. CG is clearly doing no sense at all

Well if you already come to that conclusion a few days after release you can go for another GL then in good conscience, right?

The fact that I will decide to go for him or not has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he is really bad right now and bugged with his poor ai.

I dont see the relation

He's not bugged

You mean the fact that the jedi sidekicks are not using the IT skill and by extension not charging luke ulti is not bugged ?

Ok cool, I thought it was. I am relieved.
    The AI does use IT, it also prefers to use other specials over it

Game isn't bugged when AI doesn't always choose the most optimal ability based on the situation

You are very funny xD

And I am sure you really believe what you are writing. Keep going man, you are so refreshing !

So CG did nonsense when they change slkr ai because he always go basic on five. Non optimal at all and CG changed it. I called it inconsistancy.

Ultra is right, the game is not bugged because of the AI choices are not what the players want.

Bugged is when something is not doing what it should doing as programmed.
    Examples:
    Not the right speed
    Effect being resisted that should not
    Raid locking up.

AI actions are working as they are programmed, so not bugged.

As you said, the AI for SLKR was not optimal so they changed it, AI for SLKR was not bugged though because they where working as CG intended them too.

Bugged or not optimal is symantics

The facts are GL Kylo was using not optimal abilities when controlled by AI and he was updated. GML teams are now using not optimal abilities under AI control and they have not been "updated".

It is what it is. That said people gonna ask for GML to be changed.

The facts above are why people will simply say it's 'bugged' whether bugged fits you or Ultras definition isn't gonna change their point of view.

CG updated Kylo to beat his counter but they don't have to update GML... even if they did GML would still lose on D so it's pointless on both sides imo.

Here is difference though,
    If there is a bug it is an easy fix, make it do what it is supposed to be doing

Luke getting his kitten handed to him because he is not playing right or there is something that they didn't think of to counter him requires a touch-up kit change.

I do think he will get one, however I think they will give it a little bit of time so they only have to make one change to hopefully make him better. That will take more time then it would take to fix a bug.

I don't think it needs to be fixed "right now" and I don't think they should be expected to make an announcement until the end of the week. But it definitely needs adjusted soon™ because it's far too easy to prevent JML from getting to his ultimate.

I agree, and with the way the community is about, well most everything, it is better for them to wait and get more idea's of the counters that people are coming up with and make a one time adjustment instead of multiple.
  • StarSon
    7525 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Right now people are making assumptions based on two videos where we see JML is on defense. We don't even know how good he would do on offense yet since there hasn't been much proof.

Also one video doesn't count as proof, there would have to be multiple videos with multiple attempts in each with different squads and making sure the mods are decent mods.

There are several videos. He is good on offense.

Then why are people sitting here complaining about him getting beat on defense if he is used as an offensive team?

Because as the most expensive character to date he should be able to hold in arena against characters that were meta over 2 years ago?

Every team needs a counter. If not DR then who?

I don't take issue with the existence of a non-GL counter to a GL. I take issue with the availability of said counter so soon in the release cycle. The DR team is a 1.5 year old team that is one of the first farm targets. At least with the JKR and Bastila counters you need JKL for it to work.

And I still think a GG team could beat an ult JML, which is an even older team.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    yankeeh8er wrote: »

Bastilla beats jml.

Ah...so Bastilla is the :D preeminent Jedi leader. And GK is the preeminent Jedi tank. So the only thing JML is preeminent at is...resources to unlock???? :o
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • dgree
    522 posts Member
    Options
    I love people referring to bastila or especially JKR (an amazing OP jedi lead) with 2 of the strongest characters in the game (both jedi) as just "bastila lead" beating GML. Come on, people. If someone has a jedi team with maxed JKL and GAS and hoda and everything, they're probably a fart away from having GML themselves.

What did people think was gonna happen, that GML on defense was going to be totally unstoppable by existing teams? SEE can't even beat SLKR on offense right now with apparently any combo of sith (probably because sith like sid were totally neglected) and people are losing their minds over a jedi titan team beating GML before the AI is fixed so that the jedi actually use their abilities (which surely is going to be fixed).
  • scuba
    14176 posts Member
    Options
    dgree wrote: »
    I love people referring to bastila or especially JKR (an amazing OP jedi lead) with 2 of the strongest characters in the game (both jedi) as just "bastila lead" beating GML. Come on, people. If someone has a jedi team with maxed JKL and GAS and hoda and everything, they're probably a fart away from having GML themselves.

What did people think was gonna happen, that GML on defense was going to be totally unstoppable by existing teams? SEE can't even beat SLKR on offense right now with apparently any combo of sith (probably because sith like sid were totally neglected) and people are losing their minds over a jedi titan team beating GML before the AI is fixed so that the jedi actually use their abilities (which surely is going to be fixed).

Yes People did/do. This is why SLKR got 2 (?) touch ups after release.
    So People see it a a precedence and expect the same with any new one, and complain till it happens or it is forgotten.
  • Options

So People see it a a precedence and expect the same with any new one, and complain till it happens or it is forgotten.

It's a precedence and I bet it will happen.
  • Options
    Is anyone really surprised that Darth Revan counters jml when he's a taunting tank in the leader slot? Maybe the best defensive team for jml is with a different leader and jkl as a tank/support. Maybe with jkl lead?

That would pretty much remove Darth Revan as a good counter since the tank and the leader are immune to fear.

I think people are calling it broken too soon without waiting to see how things shake out first.
  • Options
    2 AI touch ups and 1 buff, IIRC.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Is anyone really surprised that Darth Revan counters jml when he's a taunting tank in the leader slot? Maybe the best defensive team for jml is with a different leader and jkl as a tank/support. Maybe with jkl lead?

That would pretty much remove Darth Revan as a good counter since the tank and the leader are immune to fear.

I think people are calling it broken too soon without waiting to see how things shake out first.

If it was one thing like GAS soloing SLKR was i would be less concerned. But its the AI, its the amount of non GLs that beat him, DR, Palp, Vader, JKR, Bastilla, its the SEE protection bug vs him, it's the Ult can hardly be charged on offense even unless you completely ignore specials and lose, its the false advertising on 100% mastery gain in his kit when he only has 45 and other GLs all have 60, thats not 100% gain, thats a 50% gain that never changes throughout the battle. So many issues
  • Options

This is very on the money... I have no problem with a GL that I need to use on attack, which is why I went for Kylo Ren pre-buff. CG has a precedence of 'fixing' GLs that get smoked by previous metas (once again re: 501st v GL Kylo), so I expect CG will buff JML significantly.

Do I think he needs it? Probably. I figure that CG will 'fix' him based on one thing alone. There is no profit in JML being beaten by Sith Empire and Jedi Revan. There is LOTS of profit in JML being difficult to counter with Previous meta teams.
  • StarSon
    7525 posts Member
    Options

It has more to do with the shock and weird AI preventing JML from ever getting to ult.
  • Options

Absolutely, but what else does the playerbase do? I do think there are valid concerns. I know that JKL Lead with JML would be a solid way to do it, but that is also shades of Kylo Ren under the Phasma lead.

CG want people using that GL Lead.
  • Options
    Agreed. The "rock, paper, scissors" idea for a GL meta kinda falls apart if one of the GLs is easily beaten by several different non-GL, non-"Titan" teams.

• scuba
    14176 posts Member
    Options

Not that it is a wrong though process, however his ultimate then becomes even more useless as he will most likely never get to it on offense or defense if not in the leader slot.
    It is a very weird kit, that they came up with.
    Charging ultimate requires getting a buff that mostly happens from an ability granted only when in the leader slot.
    The only GL with base Mastery of 0 (yes i know there is only 4 GL's)
    Most of his kit is very dependent on being surrounded by jedi.
  • Options
    YetiYeti wrote: »

This is very on the money... I have no problem with a GL that I need to use on attack, which is why I went for Kylo Ren pre-buff. CG has a precedence of 'fixing' GLs that get smoked by previous metas (once again re: 501st v GL Kylo), so I expect CG will buff JML significantly.

Do I think he needs it? Probably. I figure that CG will 'fix' him based on one thing alone. There is no profit in JML being beaten by Sith Empire and Jedi Revan. There is LOTS of profit in JML being difficult to counter with Previous meta teams.

I don't know. I don't think CG is as worried about how jml holds in arena. If holding in arena were key to them cashing in, they wouldn't be comparable to Rey and Kylo in power. They would crush them.

From what I've seen, jml crushes kylo on offense. Most of the krackens that will spend a lot for a 3rd or 4th GL can still put Rey, kylo, or PP (papa palps) on defense in arena. They will spend to have the counter to Kylo.

• Options

Because if CG never heard a complaint, they would certainly be more prompt in fixing it. Yeah, that checks out.
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options

Because if CG never heard a complaint, they would certainly be more prompt in fixing it. Yeah, that checks out.

That's not even close to what was said.

Waiting /= shutting up
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Dear TVF:

I was quoting DarkHelmet. If that's not close to what you said, perhaps it's because it's DarkHelmet that said it?

Yours truly,

CD
  • dgree
    522 posts Member
    Options

I pretty much agree with you, but every GL has been basically beatable by a non-meta counter team. They did overpower SLKR with all these perma-advantage mechanics and that did set a precedent, but every GL could still be fractured and wiped out by DR until now (with a counter squad that, on defense, would get crushed by just about anything decent).

Some expectation to some extent of buffing GML does seem pretty fair, as does buffing SEE so that at least some SEE squad can beat FO (ironically, sith can beat FO, but it doesn't seem like there's a spot in the squad for SEE).
  • Options
    Dear TVF:

I was quoting DarkHelmet. If that's not close to what you said, perhaps it's because it's DarkHelmet that said it?

Yours truly,

CD

That's not close to what I said. Happy?

I said I think complaints are premature. Not that they are never warranted.
  • MasterSeedy
    5202 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @DarkHelmet1138
    How can quoting your exact words be not close to what you said?

You said what you said, I provide the exact, word-for-word quote, and then sarcastically pointed out that you can't expect CG to be more prompt in fixing things when they haven't received any complaints.

That's it. That's all. I never assigned words to you that you didn't type out letter for letter yourself, all you did is get outraged that I dared to point out the very silly consequences of following your advice. Identifying a problem must precede fixing the problem, by definition. That was my contribution to the discussion, not yours.

But now I have to admit, I'm much more interested in you answering the new question I articulated above: how can quoting your exact words be not close to what you said?
  • Options
    @DarkHelmet1138
    How can quoting your exact words be not close to what you said?

You said what you said, I provide the exact, word-for-word quote, and then asked if you really expected CG to be more prompt in fixing things when they haven't received any complaints.

That's it. That's all. I never assigned words to you that you didn't type out letter for letter yourself, all you did is get outraged that I dared to ask a question based on your verbatim quote.

But now I have to admit, I'm much more interested in you answering the new question I articulated above: how can quoting your exact words be not close to what you said?

Ok then I'll rephrase that. Your response doesn't address the quote you used of mine at all. It only took a piece of what I said and not the whole quote and took it out of context.

Your response suggests that my point is that you shouldn't complain. That wasn't my point at all. My point is that you should wait to have complete information before complaining. You should try more team compositions or different mods before you try and claim it's CGs fault and demand a buff. Your response didn't address that at all.

That was why TVF called you out on it and then you got snarky so I called you out on it.

And no, I don't think complaining about something day one makes CG fix it sooner. They are likely to wait and see how things shake out (as well they should). Complaining this early just makes you look like a whiner because you blew a ton of money on a character that you likely didn't even know the kit for and it didn't automatically make you able to camp in first because nothing is able to beat it.

CG never promised that either new GL would be more powerful that the other two. In fact, they pretty much said months ago that they would be close to equal. And Rey and Kylo both have non GL counters. Seems like that you should have expected Luke and Palps to have non GL counters as well.

Seems to be working as intended to me. The AI is dumb for jedi Luke. So what? The ai is dumb for a lot of teams. It's designed that way on purpose so that people can win on offense. That way they get knocked down further and have to spend crystals to climb.

But as of now, there has only been a few days of testing with a limited number of jml unlocks and even fewer with the ultimate unlocked. Why are they losing on defense?

1. Maybe they aren't modded ideally.
    2. Maybe the team composition isn't quite right to stop the counters
    3. Maybe CG is ok with counters (I'm betting on this one)
    4. Maybe it's bugged.

My point is there isn't enough information out there to be sure yet. So demanding a fix this early is premature.
  • Options
    I cant disagree more.

Team composition not right ? Well jml kit is designed to work only with jedi. Without even one he is no taunt tank. Perfectly ridiculous. So the theorycraft with him is really really poor. Just jedi. And the tests made showed that it is not good. Even a 2 yeas old meta is kicking his ****. No one will want to spend money on that, and I am betting that it is not what CG wants.

For you the ai design is right ? Not using his main ability on defense is right and intended ? How can you be so blind ? Even CG just said it is not right xD

For me it is just trolling for trolling like all the others that are always fine with every mistake CG does. You need balance between GL if not the money will not follow. Period
  • Options
    Your response suggests that my point is that you shouldn't complain. That wasn't my point at all.

Maybe. But that wasn't my point, and you can't read what I said and find it in there. All I did was point out that if you don't identify a problem, you're not more likely to get a resolution, nor will resolution come more quickly.

My problem with your point isn't that you said, "Don't complain." My problem with what you previously said (not your more recent and helpfully clear comment) is that there is no end point. Even now, what you're literally saying carries the same problematic vagueness as to when people are finally acting reasonably to complain (although the other text in the same comment provides useful information that allows you to ignore the literal statement).

Here's the new version:
    My point is that you should wait to have complete information before complaining.

But you never have complete information. Again, the new comment has lots of useful information for constructing a guideline on when complaints might be reasonable, but I quote this bit to point out that **without** all that extra clarifying text, the impact of your words is that no one ever knows when it's reasonable to complain.

Waiting until things "shake out" before complaining is even more vague (though no more problematic). When have things "shaken out"? If CG hasn't made changes yet, then things haven't "shaken out" yet. But if they haven't made changes, maybe that's because they don't realize something is wrong? And how are they to realize something is wrong until people actually complain?

I completely agree that it's possible to complain hyperbolically, in ways that make what could be helpful critique into mere whinging. But I don't think that turning critique into whinging is a good practice even if one waits 12 years first.

CG needs to hear the complaints. Even if I thoroughly disagree with the complaints, CG needs to hear them. What if I'm the only person who thinks things are fine and half the players quit because they aren't willing to wait for (or don't know how to identify) the "right time" to complain? Then I get a game with half the revenue, maybe a bunch of work recruiting new guildies, and other bad outcomes.

No, rather than setting a "right time" to complain - before which, by the model you give every appearance of advancing, people should not complain and/or should not listen to complaints - my focus is on getting people to complain intelligently.

If your complaint takes the form of thoughtful critique, it doesn't matter if its offered on the first day. If your complaint takes the form of hyperbolic whinging, it doesn't matter if you waited til the most respectful and propitious moment the universe could hope to offer. Though you have also, in at least one comment (I haven't memorized which comments were made by which commenters, but I actually assume more than one) made more helpful and reasonable suggestions, you have repeatedly brought up the timing. And as for the timing of the complaints, I not only don't care, I think making people "wait" for the right time without being exceptionally clear about that right time is not only missing the point, but also bound to dissuade good criticism that might be offered by those who just don't know when it's okay to offer their opinion.

In short, in my view the most important thing about a complaint is not the timing, it's the content.
  • TVF
    36771 posts Member
    Options
    Lol
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I cant disagree more.

Team composition not right ? Well jml kit is designed to work only with jedi. Without even one he is no taunt tank. Perfectly ridiculous. So the theorycraft with him is really really poor. Just jedi. And the tests made showed that it is not good. Even a 2 yeas old meta is kicking his ****. No one will want to spend money on that, and I am betting that it is not what CG wants.

For you the ai design is right ? Not using his main ability on defense is right and intended ? How can you be so blind ? Even CG just said it is not right xD

For me it is just trolling for trolling like all the others that are always fine with every mistake CG does. You need balance between GL if not the money will not follow. Period

Have you seen the timeout team with him under a Bastilla lead? Seems decent. Still too early to tell but it may be better than jml in the lead.
  • Options
    I cant disagree more.

Have you seen the timeout team with him under a Bastilla lead? Seems decent. Still too early to tell but it may be better than jml in the lead.

How is s timeout team good? A timeout = a loss when you attack
  • Options
    I cant disagree more.

How is s timeout team good? A timeout = a loss when you attack

Well, because you place them on defense, typically.
  • Options
    Your response suggests that my point is that you shouldn't complain. That wasn't my point at all.

Maybe. But that wasn't my point, and you can't read what I said and find it in there. All I did was point out that if you don't identify a problem, you're not more likely to get a resolution, nor will resolution come more quickly.

My problem with your point isn't that you said, "Don't complain." My problem with what you previously said (not your more recent and helpfully clear comment) is that there is no end point. Even now, what you're literally saying carries the same problematic vagueness as to when people are finally acting reasonably to complain (although the other text in the same comment provides useful information that allows you to ignore the literal statement).

Here's the new version:
    My point is that you should wait to have complete information before complaining.

But you never have complete information. Again, the new comment has lots of useful information for constructing a guideline on when complaints might be reasonable, but I quote this bit to point out that **without** all that extra clarifying text, the impact of your words is that no one ever knows when it's reasonable to complain.

Waiting until things "shake out" before complaining is even more vague (though no more problematic). When have things "shaken out"? If CG hasn't made changes yet, then things haven't "shaken out" yet. But if they haven't made changes, maybe that's because they don't realize something is wrong? And how are they to realize something is wrong until people actually complain?

I completely agree that it's possible to complain hyperbolically, in ways that make what could be helpful critique into mere whinging. But I don't think that turning critique into whinging is a good practice even if one waits 12 years first.

CG needs to hear the complaints. Even if I thoroughly disagree with the complaints, CG needs to hear them. What if I'm the only person who thinks things are fine and half the players quit because they aren't willing to wait for (or don't know how to identify) the "right time" to complain? Then I get a game with half the revenue, maybe a bunch of work recruiting new guildies, and other bad outcomes.

No, rather than setting a "right time" to complain - before which, by the model you give every appearance of advancing, people should not complain and/or should not listen to complaints - my focus is on getting people to complain intelligently.

If your complaint takes the form of thoughtful critique, it doesn't matter if its offered on the first day. If your complaint takes the form of hyperbolic whinging, it doesn't matter if you waited til the most respectful and propitious moment the universe could hope to offer. Though you have also, in at least one comment (I haven't memorized which comments were made by which commenters, but I actually assume more than one) made more helpful and reasonable suggestions, you have repeatedly brought up the timing. And as for the timing of the complaints, I not only don't care, I think making people "wait" for the right time without being exceptionally clear about that right time is not only missing the point, but also bound to dissuade good criticism that might be offered by those who just don't know when it's okay to offer their opinion.

In short, in my view the most important thing about a complaint is not the timing, it's the content.

I think often people complain about issues that are not really issues. In this case based on the information that is out, we may or may not have an issue. I'm still leaning towards not but it could change with more information.

There is no magic time of when you can complain. I simply stated that a few days after a new characters that only a handful of people get is probably too early since finding the best team takes a few weeks most of the time.
  • Options
    I think we should all stop watching new videos of the new GL. Wait 1 or 2 months and watch again.
    All the videos which are out there now are useless. One day they say something another day it s the opposite